Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream 66 Overview

DE_Adam

With the Second Dream behind us and a new year ahead now is the perfect time to reflect and plan for another year of incredible content!  Improvements to in-game lighting, Sorties and the Focus System are all incoming, and Devstream 66 is all about laying out the groundwork for our first major adjustments of 2016!

Check out all the details of Devstream 66 here and be sure to let us know what you think!  

-DE_Adam

If you're gonna bring back the baliff, could you make him slightly more interested in self preservation and actually follow players around instead of him running off like old man don quixote? The increase in difficulty is caused by him being a complete moron who runs into fatal situations, there's no actual skill involved there. There would be more benefit to the tenno if we just brought a frost and froze him solid and put him in a corner for the five or so minutes we're waiting for extraction.

Edited by weirdee

"· 'World building' is a huge goal for 2016, including featuring more life in Relays and highlighting some NPCs of those affected by the conflict that's spread across the Solar System."

THE thing I'm looking forward to the most!

At times, the game feels veeery empty with placeholders here & there. Unalerted enemies do nothing (they just walk/stop/look around/repeat), we can't have empathy for those who suffer these wars because we see none of that, a lot of relay people have placeholder idles & we can't talk to normal NPC's (maybe I've played too much Zelda games but c'mon), & the number of wildlife units can be counted with one hand (where's that impressive bird concept you did a while ago?)...

If you add half of these, you will probably skyrocket our feeling of immersion. We won't just do things "because loot" !

I know you get Len's from Sorties but for those who don't have the time for them could there be len's that you can buy from the market to just get a player started earning Focus xp? 

There already are, at least on PC. Check under Components in the market. You should be able to buy greater lenses for 40p each.

I think that 2016 should debut the era of the Syndicate. Straight-forward Syndicate quests or perhaps a main quest involving everyone's favorite rogue Grineer fighting force, the Steel Meridian. :D

I was coming on here to say the exact same thing. With plans for world building, I was wondering if we could get some major love to Syndicates:

Unique Syndicate allies (e.g., no more jumpsuits, but SM Grineer, Suda Sentinels/proxies, Perrin Crewman, Veil assassins, etc.)

Unique Syndicate death squads (see above; no more specters)

Syndicate specific HQs (not relays; e.g., SM Phobos base, Suda Library, Perrin Gas City, etc.)

Unique Syndicate missions (e.g., SM mission to evacuate civilians from colony -- Hijack with NPCs)

Unique, entirely new weapons and cosmetics exclusive and unique to syndicates.

As to the quest idea, it'd be great if Syndicates could get a Focus-like system. But, instead of Being driven by affinity-based unlocks that reward abilities, it would be driven by progression through a campaign, and would reward with syndicate items and a new ranking up system. Wouldn't be a rework but the next step for people who've maxed out rep.

Anyway, Syndicates need major love, especially since they are the only semi-playable factions in the game, and each seems tied to a particular game faction.