Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Real Tired Of Folks Wanting Stuff Nerfed

(PSN)aiptekfanboy

I rather have stuff buffed

It gets real tiresome reading threads about folks wanting things nerfed and the evidence they point to is either noob low level planets or draco noobsville

i.e. Saryn got nerfed and seems like every week theres a nerf a warframe or nerf a weapon or nerf a mod thread.

I rather see a lets buff an amprex thread or lets buff a sniper thread instead.

or how about a buff an akstilleto or lets buff a furis weapon thread?

Not trying to be mean or anything, but might as well be blunt about it

rather than complaining about all the nerf threads and passive-aggressively mentioning wanting buff X threads offhandedly, why not just make those Buff threads and start an actual discussion rather than more griping on the forums?

It gets real tiresome reading threads about folks wanting things nerfed and the evidence they point to is either noob low level planets or draco noobsville

i.e. Saryn got nerfed and seems like every week theres a nerf a warframe or nerf a weapon or nerf a mod thread.

Saryn was buffed not nerfed -_-

Well.

I think a huge number of things in Warframe need to be nerfed. I also think a huge number of things need to be buffed. The issue we have is that the difference between the best gear and the worst gear is absolutely ludicrous. There's less than a dozen "best" weapons/frames/strategies, and everything else is dismissed because it's not only not the best, it's so far behind that it represents a real and deliberate handicap to use it.

Things that remove all sense of challenge from the game, need to be nerfed. For example, the actual median firepower of a player should probably be around 10-15K DPS.  At that point you can still kill a fairly high level enemy, but it's not going to be a one-button-win, and frankly one-button-wins are boring.  Players will always beg for more power whether they need it or not, which leads to roaming through levels killing everything with a single shot and waiting for the next power-creep upgrade to kill ever so slightly harder. So it falls to the developers to design a game that makes you work for that win, and to save you from your own short sightedness.

On the other hand, things that are basically ineffective need to be buffed. I love to use Lato! It's good looking, accurate, fast, so amazingly smooth and stable.  But I don't bring it to any serious mission because other guns outperform it like 10 to 1. I get that Lato is a starter weapon and that it can't be the best, but if you really really like it and are prepared to lavish forma on it, no weapon should be so weak as to be worse than useless. This leads to large swaths of content being mechanically irrelevant because nobody in their right mind will use it, and ultimately diminishes the value of DE's own work because you have these hundreds of guns that each took the artists and designers some amount of work to make, going completely to waste.

Things need to be buffed.  Things need to be nerfed. Threads saying things like "Buff everything" are, frankly, completely lacking in perspective. You can't keep 1-upping every item as they wax and wane in popularity because you end up with rampant power creep and bored players just looking for the next high.

Saryn got buffed? Her only viable ability now is it spreading as many spores as possible reaching the same damage amount of Miasma before the nerf, but that in a longer stretched duration.

Oh and let's not forget, if anyone kills your injected host fast enough, your spores are gone.

Valkyr got buffed, anyone complains about her, but yet she isn't an AOE 1-Hit killer Equinox with 1m damage cause. Most of the people even forget her range penalty, which makes her kind of struggling against nullifiers.

About the nerf, than buffs: That's the new trend, dood. People are kind of fixed to the term "this game needs to be nerfed, because we want some challenge", but having no clue that there are plenty of items (to remove and add) making your BLOODY PVE gameplay harder.

You got it, right? PVE, not PVP. No one asked for the synapse nerf nearly 3 years ago. No one asked snow globe + augmentation nerf (the mechanics were as logically correct as af!), Mag's aug mod got nerfed because of Mesa, Mesa got nerfed because of farming (paradox, this game is about farming), yet Mag has still the nerf and people request to nerf her even more because "mimimi shield polarize is too OP because it scales with enemy shields mimimi". You see where this is heading to.

Why not simply deactivating all Warframe abilities, and we are good to go.

Here's the best buff of them all: reduce the values on everything that affects the player by 80%, and everything that affects the enemies by 90%

I'll let you do the math on just how big of a buff that'd be.

"Buff/nerf" is a matter of perspective.

By "nerfing"(which is actually putting an outstanding item back in line), everything else is "buffed" relative to both: that one item(because it's easier to compete), and the general power level(because the average power goes down).

Toning things down is something Warframe should have done long ago.

Why not simply deactivating all Warframe abilities, and we are good to go.

That's what nulifiers do, and they do that because are powers are so strong there's literally no other form of defense against them.

Once our powers and weapons get toned down so that we don't effortlessly annihilate dozens of enemies without any effort, we'll be able to get higher quality enemies that are fun to fight without relying on the 'wow factor' of killing them in droves.

Edited by Naqel

Frankly I'm tired of people saying that enemies that are 3 times your max level should even remotely be able to be killed.

A tonkor with 4 mods can one shot a level 80 Heavy Gunner.

Want that one to be buffed as well?

Frankly I'm tired of people saying that enemies that are 3 times your max level should even remotely be able to be killed.

A tonkor with 4 mods can one shot a level 80 Heavy Gunner.

Want that one to be buffed as well?

Yeah. Wanna be able to one shot that level 400 eximus bombard. /sarcasm

More seriously now, warframe is a grind game and a power fantasy game. It could use some toning down but the problem is that, from my experience at least, people don't play this game for a challenge. They play this game to feel all powerful warrior gods bathing in the blood of a thousand enemies that can barely fight back.

That said, meta-complaining is gettin really out of hand these days.

"People don't play this game for a challenge."

[...]

"Being OP is the point of this game."

Think about it though, just skimming through the forums i find it hard enough not to notice a trend. I'm not saying it's healthy, or that i like it, or anything, but the point still stands. The power fantasy is strong here, and i'm not entirely sure going against that would earn DE more customers. Because, let's be honest here, DE is still a public company and has to run the biz to make people eat. And as far as my experience goes i'm not seeing all that many complaints about things being too easy in-game, quite the opposite, and even on the forums the split is at best 50/50 and on bad days it gets skewed towards the "3hard5me" side.

This is a very complex issue tbh.

Think about it though, just skimming through the forums i find it hard enough not to notice a trend. I'm not saying it's healthy, or that i like it, or anything, but the point still stands. The power fantasy is strong here, and i'm not entirely sure going against that would earn DE more customers. Because, let's be honest here, DE is still a public company and has to run the biz to make people eat. And as far as my experience goes i'm not seeing all that many complaints about things being too easy in-game, quite the opposite, and even on the forums the split is at best 50/50 and on bad days it gets skewed towards the "3hard5me" side.

This guy is right. I don't know how many threads I come across that suggest something ridiculous...like say dual wielding freaking GREAT SWORDS and the excuse why we should be able to is always "We're freaking SPACE NINJAS! HERP DEPR!"

I am personally fine with some weapons being "beginner" and some weapons being Top Tier. Long swords for example.. some where beginner, most where Star Map perfect up to Pluto, and Dakra Prime and Prisma Skana where T4/Raid ready. Sure, the class could of used a bit more diversity at the top end of the spectrum but whatever. Than Broken War comes along and completely out paces Dakra Prime and makes Prisma Skana lackluster in about almost every situation, and P Skana was using an Augment to get top honors to begin with.

So yeah, with in reason a few weapons may need a nerf look *coughRED CRIT CAPABLE LAUNCHER TONKOR!?cough* but more than that weapons need to be buffed, especially something like Basolk where it requires so much investment and performs poorly.

In fact there is a lot of weapons that require  a lot (AkBronko, Basolk, Pantera) and yet they don't perform nearly as well as they should. Seriously, you grind for Mitler and build Pantera but Pantera is crap compared to Mitler?

Edited by (PS4)DBR87

How about we get a seperate "hard mode" where all our OP bullS#&$ is nerfed.

How about we get a seperate "hard mode" where all our OP bullS#&$ is nerfed.

That would work for me, but this is a reward-driven game, so said game mode should have some reward, either exclusive to the mode or some rare stuff that gets less rare there for example.

At that point you'd have two cases:

- exclusive to the mode rewards - a part of the playerbase complains it's more grinding, grinding it's hell, blah, blah, blah, the othe one complains they are locked out of some content just because they don't want to play a part of the game (hint: if it doesn't ring a bellgo look at ArchWing feedback)

- rare less rare in the mode - a part of the playerbase complains about not enough rewards, the other about elitism of better rewards for more skilled players

You know, these threads really drive me crazy. It's not because I am personally on the "balance through buffs and nerfs side," but because it would seem that no one here is fully seeing the big picture. We all want the same thing (I hope), for Warframe to be the best game it could be. The problem is that there are more than one ways that people view as "the best Warframe".

And it all comes down to one concept... how hard is Warframe supposed to be. Seriously, we can't have any reasonable debate if one groups arguing that x will make y (y being the best Waframe) and another is arguing that z will make q (q being the best Warframe) there is NO OVERLAP. Literally both sides are arguing in opposite directions where they will NEVER meet a common ground. 

The discussion can't go into how to fix Warframe until you know what is broken, right? 

So... how hard SHOULD Warframe be? (then we can get to how to meet that point)

Edited by DrBorris

To paraphrase the sentiments of those who have posted in the thread, complaining about meta-complaints is a meta-complaint in itself. All feedback threads, whether asking for "nerfs" or "buffs," should be constructed with the purpose of presenting a detailed and well-thought out proposal to improve the item/feature in question. 

Please keep this in mind moving forward. Closing discussion.