The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #67 Overview

AM-Bunny

thanks once again Bunny, faster than Speed Volt on a sugar rush as usual!

have to say, super excited for console update, shame to hear that DE are still recovering, they must have really glued themselves to their chairs to get U18 done. no rush guys, do what you have to do to get the content in the right shape before you release it, it's worth it in the long run. nice to hear stances might be easier to get eventually as well.

best new for me is not only hearing that mag and Volt are getting revamped, but to the same level as Excalibur! that's pretty great Imo! though it will likely cause a little salt for other people. still, we can deal with that bridge when we come to it.

also fist guns! Inb4 Yang Xiao Long from RWBY Cosplays using yellow and brown Valkyr!

thanks once again Bunny, faster than Speed Volt on a sugar rush as usual!

have to say, super excited for console update, shame to hear that DE are still recovering, they must have really glued themselves to their chairs to get U18 done. no rush guys, do what you have to do to get the content in the right shape before you release it, it's worth it in the long run. nice to hear stances might be easier to get eventually as well.

best new for me is not only hearing that mag and Volt are getting revamped, but to the same level as Excalibur! that's pretty great Imo! though it will likely cause a little salt for other people. still, we can deal with that bridge when we come to it.

also fist guns! Inb4 Yang Xiao Long from RWBY Cosplays using yellow and brown Valkyr!

Agreed, honestly I don't understand all the hype around Umbra Excalibur. He plays just like Excal, so other than a silly loincloth, there's not really anything to look forward to. I would much rather he be introduced with a system that's well thought out and refreshingly new - since Umbra himself sure as heck isn't. I agree, they should take their time.

And yeah - I'm maxing out those fist guns as soon as they hit the game XD

Agreed, honestly I don't understand all the hype around Umbra Excalibur. He plays just like Excal, so other than a silly loincloth, there's not really anything to look forward to. I would much rather he be introduced with a system that's well thought out and refreshingly new - since Umbra himself sure as heck isn't. I agree, they should take their time.

And yeah - I'm maxing out those fist guns as soon as they hit the game XD

The Hype Umbra Excalibur Train just passed on the station and I was like meh, gonna save my ticket for Banshee Deluxe skin and Banshee Prime Acess.

the stance acquisition idea is total bs and unneccesary all that is needed is to put the correct chance % for it to drop or move it to more enemies to increase the drop rate. how backwards is this game going really?

I played the newly revamped excavation and if that's the best they could do might aswell they had left it how it was because all that was needed to do was give the excavators a bit more shields so players could use more frames to do that mission type.  as it is now excavation has no life to it.

I have to say I am super glad they are taking their time on Excal Umbra in order to make him more than just a reskin. So many people have been impatient and all that about it, but I am fine with them taking their time if it means it's something that actually feels different. And if they release him with events/cinematic quests and such, it will be even sweeter. I am a strong proponent of waiting a long while for things if it means making it more special. I am patient. 

Looking forward to seeing the physics on those wings - I wonder if they'll make it a Syandana - perhaps unique to her - packaged with the skin? I'm personally not a huge fan of the design, but it's certainly ambitious, which I can respect. It opens up the door for some more outrageous designs in the future.

Personally I wasn't a big fan of the Original Zephyr skin, Didn't exactly look feminine enough and looked more gender neutral if anything, This new skin looks awesome and can give people the option to make it look more feminine.

At last, the Corpus are getting some love. I hope the new Corpus armor isn't bundle exclusive.

I know, I couldn't be happier!

I find it sort of interesting that the armour set and the weapon incorporate copper into the colour scheme. As I can recall, Corpus gear has never had copper in the design before. They're usually quite consistent with designs. Obviously this can be changed, but I find it interesting to note the changes in design direction.

Hopefully this is just the start of a long trend of Corpus love, they need it :3

I know, I couldn't be happier!

I find it sort of interesting that the armour set and the weapon incorporate copper into the colour scheme. As I can recall, Corpus gear has never had copper in the design before. They're usually quite consistent with designs. Obviously this can be changed, but I find it interesting to note the changes in design direction.

Hopefully this is just the start of a long trend of Corpus love, they need it :3

Yep! The Grineer has been the main enemy faction for too long. The Corpus need to take charge.

I also noticed, along with the copper accents, the armor and weapon are round! It's a first for them. I too wonder if they're going in a new design direction.

Only time will tell.

Edited by 8gbMoreRAM

0MIaNBB.png

Stance Acquisition
• One idea is: if you take only a single melee weapon into a mission, then every enemy that you kill might have an increased chance to drop a Stance for that weapon
• Another idea is: Syndicates might offer a neutral stance that can be equipped onto a melee does nothing other than boost the drop rate of Stances for that melee

They could combine these two ideas. They are not mutually exclusive.

Syndicate stance that boosts drop rates, together with sword alone missions increasing drop rate. Better chances for more drops.

Off topic: Bunny, if DE produced their content as quickly as you do, this game would be out of beta already.

The Zephyr skin concept isn't at all appealing to me. I mean it's Warframe, not Tera online. We're supposed to be space ninjas.. That thing looks really bulky.

I mean it's Warframe, not Tera. We play as space ninjas! Using giant two handed swords, a mace, a giant rocket hammer, Rhino! He's a ninja too!

I mean it's Warframe, not Tera. We play as space ninjas! Using giant two handed swords, a mace, a giant rocket hammer, Rhino! He's a ninja too!

Yes,Yes. Exceptions never proves the rule and we never saw a mountain ninja big guy wielding a hammer before and still being a ninja in the new age literature and because this exception is not comparable with Gargoyle Pony Mutant Frame.

No trinity deluxe coming in the next console update?  waiiiiiiii? :C

and the stance aquisition ideas are...interesting.  But it's nice to see they are working on a good way for this.  I'm STILL farming for revenant.

I wish we got more information on the star chart revamp.  But it seems like it keeps getting pushed farther away.

No word on Account migration?

Yes I know I'm on Ps4 lol but checking for someone else

Rebecca said in passing that it's high on the list of things they want to do.

Interestingly, there was a recent post from Drew claiming that they have no plans at the moment to offer another migration, which - in my opinion - runs contrary to what they've been saying in the past few Devstreams. I suppose perhaps he's just saying they still haven't motivated themselves to begin talks with Sony and Microsoft.