The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation: Shadow Debt Post 18.4.3 Feedback [Megathread]

Wevi

Worst event ever. Drop rate for rare mods is extremely low, acolytes dying too fast, forcing me to work in this game, but not to play. I hate you.

Really?

If anything, Acolytes are dying too slowly with all the RNG map jumping.

Also, people who only farm like 2 Acolytes because of their drops, Angst took 2 days to finally die.

I srsly think the rewards system are so messed up for this Event.

In past Events, we did a number of missions, we get Mods, or Weapons.

Now we get 2 potatoes, and we have to RNG the Mods.

AND provided we manage to unlock the final boss, we get a weapon.

Anyone see a problem here? HELLO???? HELLLLLOOOO!??

Edited by YasaiTsume

after reading some comments of this thread i just want to say

tempo royale + isolator bursa = ?

let's see how many gets this and realizes it's not first time event mods are behind RNG ;)

No, not the first time. But those were not mods specific to that event, were they? We take part in event and we dont get the reward if we dont if we have lives. I have one - because of it I did only 150 runs on thoe Acolytes I needed mods from. And still nothing. After I het back from school today there wont even be a Torment and the only way to get Argon Scope will be to drop it from malice and it will have even less chance to dropping it. I will phrase it again - I will most likely have to BUY mods from event I participated in as much as enyone else. Its is not fair and DE did this for the first time - if we dont stop it we will have another event with messed  up rewards.

Edited by Xardis

let's see how many gets this and realizes it's not first time event mods are behind RNG ;)

Hello?

If I'm not wrong, Tempo Royale was a confirmed reward for Tact Alert Phoneix whatever.

RNG my foot.

You know, these stances were actually guaranteed rewards from tactical alerts long before that Bursa event, so it's not the same.

Im happy at least they put some effort in to this event compared to the other ones with just copy paste do this for 20 waves get potato. But still Idk if i like the event as much anymore as the drops are hidden so im just gonna be burned out even faster.

This event's drop chances are REALLY BAD

From a rare mod that drops 2% of a time when quitting mid mission was possible to mod that drops 4% (I'm not sure if its 4% but I know is that I didn't get a single rare from any acolyte after 50+ runs after the no quit hotfix) of a time where you must finish the mission to even check if you got lucky.

This is not a complain that I can't quit anymore. This is about the numbers you set in RNG, it's like you didn't even think about the time it takes to beat an acolyte and finishing a random mission. I would have completed lots of prime sets with the time I invested in the acolyte farming alone.

"They are coming back anyways". Yes I know that, BUT are they coming back with the same RNG where you still don't get that single rare mod in 8 hours of straight farming? Timed Events should have no RNG or at least a decent one with equal drop chance for each mod.

From the title "Please test your RNG". Like for example, have 16 players divided into 4 parties test this event doing the missions straight then start grinding from those acolytes. If all teams manages to complete all RNG event items in 2-3 hours then that's good. But on its current state that is impossible unless that party was blessed by RNGesus or was a chosen one with a 'one out of a million' luck.

I haven't given feedback in a long time due to RNG (like ivara, equinox, vulpine mask, etc.) still being manageable, but this event is really making me go insane.

I'm at 215 runs with 12 or more hours (I think) spent on this event and I got all mods from angst and mania before the hotfix and just got argon scope from torment while making this post. I bet there are other players with more runs than me without a single rare.

Please test your RNG if it is fair before releasing it to and for the players

(Sorry for any grammar mistakes)

They know exactly how bad it is. There is no one that could say anything that would convince me otherwise. They've done this over and over. They know.

You don't need people to test it, You can use a normal distribution to predict exactly how long/how many runs it will take for 99.9% of your player population to obtain the mods. Highschool probability math.

I think that they believe by forcing you to play for ludicrous amounts of time(well not forcing you, unless you feel compelled to obtain the mods, which im sure a lot of people do, at least) they are somehow increasing the longevity of Warframe. That or they made it low drop chance because eventually this will be a normal system in warframe, and once in a while you will run into these stalker posers and just get the mods as a by-product of playing the starmap. This would be similar to the way the current assassins work.

I personally think they are shooting themselves in the foot. My prediction is the largest population decline post-event that Warframe has ever seen. Just a prediction though, could definitely be totally wrong(about the population decline, not that they know exactly what they're doing to us).

Edited by Skaleek

Beating an acolyte takes about a second. Maybe three if you mess up bad.

The random mission times are what kills it. You only get to run 2, maybe 3 acolytes with defense missions or survival missions. Worse yet, players always want to wait wait wait for the acolyte to spawn, then kill it, then wait for people to get the mod, THEN start the mission. Like what the F***? It's the first wave of defense. Really?

I don't think the drop chances are actually that bad. It's average 1/25 atm for the rare.

Edited by NezuHimeSama

How is a small bunch of devs going to find the time to test things as thoroughly as million of players will?

Basic statistics. Granted thats not "testing" it, so it won't reveal bugs and the like, but you can damn well be sure you don't need to test drop rates to know exactly what kind of grind it produces(unless its a bug, of course).

Edited by Skaleek

I'm not sure you understand RNG at its basics.  They could set rares drop at 50% rate and there is still a possibility you can do 100 runs and not see one because you still have 50% to get anything else. The game doesn't care what you got last time. Of course that is far more unlikely but its possible which is all that probability cares about.  They have a distribution system they can plug in the parameters to see how the system distributes random values (they even showed it to us in a post somewhere) and that's all the test they really need.  A sample size of 16 btw is incredibly small to test a distribution. You may as well say the void is broken because you didn't get the prime part you wanted after 1 run.

While you have been unlucky I seem to be rolling in the rares.  I manage to collect all the available mods before the first hotfix to stop aborts. I never even partook in the abort method. Then preceded to get 4 more pressurized mags from angst, 2 argon scopes from torment and a maiming strike from violence. Then when 18.4.4 came I got another Argon Scope while I was observing the broken hidden mod in mission results that 4.1 fixed again.  I don't even care about these mods I was just having fun in the missions. Luck is what it is but even I find it hard to believe that I was so lucky to get all these rares within 24hrs if the system is broken out of our favor.

I've experienced the same Zodiac, 5 Argon Scope, 3 Nano Applicator, 2 Pressurised Barrel, 2 Maiming Strike and plenty of everything else. I don't think the drops are too bad compared to some of the stuff in game. For example, in 800hrs I've found 1 Reinforced Orokin Container. And it didn't have the Mantis part..

Edited by Zilchy

This op, like, totally sucks, Steph.

1.  These mods tho... are largely worthless.  Sure, there's a couple of melee mods that are ok, but everything else.  Idk, I guess maybe I'll hold out hope that they become crafting ingredients some time?

2.  Feels like a thin ploy to get more activity/exposure to different mission types.  Acolytes aren't even hard to kill.  There's no challenge at all.  Just beat them to death with Orthos, then go complete mission objectives.  

3.  The GRIIIIIIIND... even for grindframe this grind is OMgrind.

4.  I didn't get angst's rare before he kicked it.  I've got torment, violence, and malice fully covered.  So, now I wait until angst's rare is one of TWENTY drops, not one of four?  Great.

Repetitive, boring, worthless agitation.

P.S.

Should also not that I'm coming off a four week grind on Jordas still with no gal dern palpators, so I might be a bit testy about droning.

Edited by _CoRDS_.NP-Hard

I really like the Acolyte hunting.

And as the Acolytes are here to stay there is nothing to worry about the drops.

The only thing that was a little negative about the event was that Torment was killed in a few hours because of Abort-Farming. But she was revived due to this fact, so why complain more about it?

I am looking forward to the last part of the event now. Really interested in how this will end.

I think that they believe by forcing you to play for ludicrous amounts of time(well not forcing you, unless you feel compelled to obtain the mods, which im sure a lot of people do, at least) they are somehow increasing the longevity of Warframe. 

Or they could be trying to pressure people into buying platinum because trade chat has a 100% droprate. That's a theory I hear often.

The real reward is the Vulkar Wraith, and the mods are an added bonus.

You guys do know that....right?

So it's the same as it was just there are rewards for the process as well as the result.

Exactly.

Also, Acolyte Lacera Skin for doing a set amount of waves.