Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Even With The Buffs To Strun Wraith

ss4chris

For reference these are the buffs he's talking about: 

Hotfix 18.4.5

Strun Wraith Changes

• Increased Ammo Magazine Capacity from 8 to 10.
  • Increased Slash Damage from 50 to 60.
  • Increased Puncture Damage from 37.5 to 45.
  • Increased Impact Damage from 162.6 to 195.
  • As a result of adding 2 more shots per Magazine, reload time for a full reload has slightly increased.
  • Added knockback and impulse to landed shots on enemies.

I feel like they really needed to fix the reload speed/ridiculous reload mechanic, and that just tweaking the numbers is not enough. 

Are you using a status build? You should definitely be using a status build.

and specifics status builds? im at 99.1 with duo dual stat mods. i went with  crit but dmg put wise it was doing better than the status but still lack luster.

I feel like they really needed to fix the reload speed/ridiculous reload mechanic, and that just tweaking the numbers is not enough. 

Ya i really loathe the loading mechanic for being a pump shot gun

the strun/ strun wraith have always been mastery fodder. The tigris/sancti tigris and hek/vaykor hek completely blow it out of the water in every aspect. They're just so good that the strun/strun wraith fall by the wayside.

oh man you must have not been there when itw as one of the top weapons back in the day before dmg 2.0

oh man you must have not been there when itw as one of the top weapons back in the day before dmg 2.0

I've only been playing since Feb 2015. I got it during the last event, whatever it was, that gave it out as a reward. The reload is too long and the spread is so wide that it's only effective at short to medium range. In my opinion, any weapon that's outclassed by multiple other, often easier to get, weapons, is mastery fodder.

Why status build? Show us a good status build please.

Pretty effective to me. This was before Laser Sight and the current buffs. It has a tighter spread then most any shotgun except the Vaykor Hek, and at 100% status shreds armor, along with stunning them. The 100% status means each and every pellet procs either IPS, Corrosive, or Fire. Combine with a Chroma and enjoy two shotting level 120 Gunners.

Exactly. Constant reload is a huge problem of Strun Wraith, and they didn't touch it at all.

it doesnt feel like it holds a candle to the santi tigris or the hek syndicate. Am I the only one who thinks this? Tried it today with the buffs. still doesnt feel strong ever since it got changed since dmg 2.0.

Well that's your problem. You're comparing it to those two power houses.

I don't see why the reload is a problem. You can shoot in the middle of reloading and still have some ammo gained. It's a shotgun that can actively fire and reload at the same time.

If we had a total reload time of like 2 seconds, well then the nerf hammer would hit on it so hard.

and specifics status builds? im at 99.1 with duo dual stat mods. i went with  crit but dmg put wise it was doing better than the status but still lack luster.

Why status build? Show us a good status build please.

When shotguns hit 100% status chance, it causes every single pellet to proc a status effect, and they can all proc different effects. A full blast generally procs at least one of every damage type on the shotgun with many repeats. With Corrosive, you can really quickly strip away all armor. With other elements, you can turn it into a CC monster or, really, whatever you want.

Well that's your problem. You're comparing it to those two power houses.

no if an event weapon taht used to be top is lack luster and other guns are out performing it have not been around as long it needs to be buff. this is power creep.

if you buff a weapon and its still under performing compared to all the other shot guns out there theres an issue

Edited by ss4chris

Pretty effective to me. This was before Laser Sight and the current buffs. It has a tighter spread then most any shotgun except the Vaykor Hek, and at 100% status shreds armor, along with stunning them. The 100% status means each and every pellet procs either IPS, Corrosive, or Fire. Combine with a Chroma and enjoy two shotting level 120 Gunners.

Thanks

I've only been playing since Feb 2015. I got it during the last event, whatever it was, that gave it out as a reward. The reload is too long and the spread is so wide that it's only effective at short to medium range. In my opinion, any weapon that's outclassed by multiple other, often easier to get, weapons, is mastery fodder.

the reload was not like this the time they give that weapon, it become like this the day they buff the shotgun. The old strun became the mk1-stun stats wise and they made a new strun with better stats Sadly, they reload mechanism was change during that time, also affecting the strun wraith that did not receive any buff that time (the reason why DE probably buff it recently). The regular strun was outclassing the wraith in therm of damage as well for a while.

Edited by Ninjamander

The reload seems fine to me, i'd rather just load 2 shells quickly and kill someone that got the jump on me rather then waiting for the full clip just to shoot once or twice. Another thing is that each shell loaded in procs Repeater Clip, so you'll pretty much have high fire rate with it at all times.

Ya i really loathe the loading mechanic for being a pump shot gun

i don't really mind it being a pump shotgun, but i hate how slow it is, if we could put in all the bullets in 1 by 1 in 2 secs or so i'd be ok with it, but it went from 1.5 secs for 8 shots to 5 secs for 10, i'm not ok with that

The reload seems fine to me, i'd rather just load 2 shells quickly and kill someone that got the jump on me rather then waiting for the full clip just to shoot once or twice. Another thing is that each shell loaded in procs Repeater Clip, so you'll pretty much have high fire rate with it at all times.

but it takes you more time to reload 3 shots now than it did for the full clip before shotgun 2.0

I don't see why the reload is a problem. You can shoot in the middle of reloading and still have some ammo gained. It's a shotgun that can actively fire and reload at the same time.

If we had a total reload time of like 2 seconds, well then the nerf hammer would hit on it so hard.

The problem is that we used to be able to load 8 bullets in less than 2 seconds, now it takes us more than double to do the same thing.