The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should The Lotus Inform Squads Of The Presence Of Rare Containers In A Mission?

24spencer

Problem I see with it is this:

You load into a mission.

Does Lotus tell you a rare container is there or not?

if not then abort and retry until there is.

If there is then go through every single tile with loot detector until you find it.

Then repeat the entire process.

That's what would start to happen, and I can't really agree to it because of that.

Especially the impact that would have in pugs.

Dang he is right.

It could work if keys were changed to be consumed at the point when no one else could be invited to the mission.  But without that change it wouldn't get better.

I think this change should've been implemented to start with. Then Lotus tells you about the rare stuff when the extraction marker pops up. 

Seems like a good use for air support - particularly since new craft need rare containers

Make the next landing craft's support have a radar ability, that takes 5 mins to slowly exand to full map coverage, but locates any rarities - kuria, rare chests, etc.

I also like this idea.

I honestly doubt that people would farm it in public since if they want to spam they would probably go for efficiency and the most efficient way to do that is to solo. Unlike the event the chests don't only spawn in high tier missions nor do they present a threat to the player where s/he might not get the crate because it incapacitates them nor is it time limited. Also the appearance rate is very low unlike the event where the acolytes were 100% guaranteed in some maps Tenno could spend a long long time aborting just to get the message to come up. Then there are raids which have a higher spawn rate anyway so they would be better off going there if they want to hunt down rare/reinforced chests.

It would be a good idea sure but I would be more concerned about the disruption it may cause to players focus on the mission at hand. It is probable that some may just abandon team play altogether to find the rare/reinforced chest, the only reason it doesn't happen with caches is that they never have anything that we don't already have in them. I suppose if caches had sortie type items in them namely 50 fusion cores etc they would be disruptive to co-op gameplay too.

Alternative fix to prevent people aborting because of no rare container spawn: After the mission requirements have been completed, Lotus informs you that she has detected a secret stash somewhere onboard. This way people won't get a notification until after they've played the level, preventing abort/retry tactics.

I prefer it the way it is with one thing to make it SUPREME!!

At the end of the mission, for the tally window, have it appear and say "You missed the Rare/Reinforced container in this level". This way, speed runners could see what they missed as well as giving those who search and get pulled out of mission by countdown another thing to show the reason for searching.

This way, people could not quit and if they do not want to search, they know they missed out on something worth searching for most times.

Would be great to have Lotus say at the end, "You missed the Rare/Reinforced container in this mission. I wonder what it contained."

Price.........less!!!

I'd love it if a rare container's presence was announced.

Though a lot of people would simply abort if there wasn't one announced at spawn.

Perhaps if a rare container was announced after a mission objective was completed?  I imagine that would work.

Would be nice if loot detection mods would... well... detect them with a different map icon than other drops, too.

Edited by DeMeritus

So, I had to go to the wiki and confirm these things existed when I saw this topic, and now that I know that this isn't the most elaborate troll ever (cause I grew up in the age of 'If you do the temples in reverse order in OoT you can get the Triforce' and I've seen some elaborate hoaxes, I agree that they're just, tooo damn hard to find. If they even spawn.

You load into a mission.

If there is then go through every single tile with loot detector until you find it.

That's what would start to happen, and I can't really agree to it because of that.

This is very true, it can lead to an exploit.

On the end of the mission....maybe...(When all enemys gone, survive 15min +, defense 15waves +)

It is a good idea to make it possible only at the end of the mission, but I suggest that lotus hinting that there is a grineer enemy type that is a rare-container, sort of dropping the same items that the rare container drops and functions like juggernaut or if disturbed lotus will say "The (placeholder name) has been informed about your intrusion, he's getting away, hurry before he escapes." sort of like capture but exterminate.

Benefits:

- Can reduce exploit, grineer is spawned at random nodes of the planet grineer

- Cannot be easily defeated with good weapons and running with moderate-high speed

Edited by Sonicz

... "You missed the Rare/Reinforced container in this mission. I wonder what it contained."...

This sounds good enough to me. Would give us some idea how often there actually are rare containers in any given mission. After a while we might even get a feel where they come up more often, to actually farm them.

I agree. 

You load into a mission.

The discussion really ended here, i think part of what made rare containers great, was the fact that it inspired us to open containers or even care about them again.

Perhaps instead they should be a GRANTED 100% change to appear each mission.

Edited by Noabettiet

I think merely having the Lotus issue the heads up after an allotted time will work well enough.  Around 5 minutes in and then Lotus' scanners could finally pick up on some high value cargo somewhere in the AO.  This would accomplish preventing abort-abuse and cause players to slow down just a tad.  Even with "objectives complete" people will do what they always do - rush rush rush.  Putting the detection of the rare container on a timed detection will give people a reason to slow the hell down and maybe, I dunno... shoot something.

Though I suspect a large part of the OP's reasoning for starting this topic is that some parts are found exclusively in rare containers, a concept of which is a problem all on its own.

Edited by Littleman88

Well, since bandaid mods are core of the game, just update loot detector type mods. If rare or reinforced container is within your loot detector range your warframe will pulse with energy and make a chirping sound. For example. And those mods do need it.

Not very likely to be abused too. Even if you stack loot detector, thief's wit and animal instinct you'll have more or less explore whole level before you can discover chirping.

Edited by (PS4)Lord_Gremlin