February 12Th Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

Community Hot Topics  

3,641 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Draco is a symptom and not the actual cause.

Crowd Control/Blessing trin/invis/invincible valk is a think because after a certain enemy level the game forces you to.

there is no point in putting health/shield/armor mods on in any case to "tank" the shots, which makes any other solution obsolete, besides CC in endless missions with teammates. You cannot simply stay in one spot and "tank" with any frame (exept of valkyr).

the only way to face high level enemies for almost 3 years now is crowd control, stealh only OR blessing trinity.

which means crowd control is not the flaw here. the flaw is a horrible enemy scaling. you dont give us other choices than crowd control, blessing trin, invisibility.

not sure why the damage of enemies scales at all. doest makes sense and renders bless trin besides her 99% bless useless. there is not even a point in a 98% blessing, you might get killed. And that s basically how broken the game is.

It is not possible to do 3 hours survival without CC or without beeing invincible or without beeing invisible but it should be possible to do 3 hours survival without CC, beeing invis and or beeing invincible.

about mandatory warframe mods:

there are mods no one needs in general exept for 2-3 warframes.. vitality, vigor, redirection, steel fiber, armored agility. you are going to die anyways with one shot. You have a different opinion? i disagree and you dont know what you are talking about. stop watching awful youtubers.

Several Augment mods are mandatory e.g. hydroid's pilfering swarm, greedy pull was mandatory once.

we could argue about efficiency mods but that s it. nerf it and ppl will ask for EV trin because the game is designed around ability spam anyways.

problem are ppl with no knowledge how abilities work. the common mindset is"the bigger the number the better".

unfortunately my opinion does not matter at all. i m ranting all day and night.

As far as Draco affinity gain... I used to have an alternative.

Excavation missions. Because the excavators would all spawn in the same area it would lead to the player group battling an undivided swarm of enemies within close proximity. Easy affinity share situation.

I found affinity gain in various excavation missions to be quite good. It meshed well with the messy battle against multiple groups of enemies coming from different directions. Because it was good for affinity my friends and I would bring frames and weapons that needed to be leveled, so we weren't coming in fully geared up. This served to make the battle more exciting for us.

Now that players are constantly shuffling around the entire tile set managing excavators in all separate rooms it has divided the players and splintered the enemy groups.  Since those players know that help will often be several rooms away they now have less room to bring under-leveled gear or warframes. Excavation might technically be faster will a full premade group of players specifically there to grind excavation, but it has made it much worse in my experience. The changes have reduced the effectiveness of smaller groups of lower rank friends or random pickup groups. And it is certainly made it harder to get the focused engagements that made it so enjoyable and rewarding as it was before.

This all served to send me back to Draco...

If I had to sum it up, I'd say that Draco might be too effective, but without looking at the system overall, we'll just find the next best affinity gain mission. If we aren't careful how we modify the other mission types then this situation will just continue to be a whack-a-mole problem.

Edited by Caelward

As for mandatory mods, the rest is fine as it is imo; I like the limited modspace.
Still, I'd be happy to have an extra slot for an augment, range, strenght, duration mod (one of those, not all) or to have just Efficiency % just leveling with your Frame (no mod).

We can't have people running around screaming FRAME IS OP or NERF and CHANGE all the time on these fine forums.
DE needs their / more time to develop and create the awsome stuff they've been giving us lately.

Do you think Crowd Control spoils the fun in some missions?

It maybe stemming from people having different preferences to what is fun and what is not, but somewhat there's too many factors on what fun crowd control really is, while some would argue that CC is its own level of fun, others, not so much.

I'd have my own experiences too with CC becoming fun and when it isn't. mostly trolling cases on when it isn't fun.

would rather have more kinds of crowd control though.

Edited by -Mandalorian-Tenno-

I wasn't going to say Power leveling is a issue, what I was going to say is that Leveling up stuff as a whole is tedious already.

Primed Flow are practically mandatory to become a multitool in a raid, Ev trinity+backup/Carrier

Some mods are just out right needed for some frames, Like nekros' shadow of the dead.

On the topic of AkPrimaries. I don't honestly care whether or not it happens, but I feel it's important to say this. It is said in the OP here that it might create a non-distinction between primaries and secondaries. My opinion on that statement- the non-distinction already exists. The way things work right now- secondaries may as well just be another primary. Something needs to happen to create the distinction in the first place.

-My personal suggestion is a very simple change. Swapping from Primary weapons to a Secondary weapon would be as fast as if you had speed holster maxed out, but by default. By doing this it really drives home that a secondary weapon is in fact a SECONDARY weapon; meant to be used as a backup weapon which is currently impossible now since reloading is much faster than swapping. If swapping to secondary was much faster, it would be a viable choice in an intense late game match to pull it out to deal with something instead of reloading your primary. I honestly believe that swapping as a whole should be sped up- but secondary swapping NEEDS to be faster. This whole chunk of text might seem a bit off topic to the question of AkPrimaries- but considering the distinction between primaries and secondaries if it were to happen was called into question, I felt it appropriate to bring this up. If nothing else it would work to keep that fear from being realized if AkPrimaries are to happen.

On the topic of CC. I believe that in late game missions when absolutely nothing else becomes able to compete with CC- that is when a problem starts to exist. The whole point of scaling is to eventually make it impossible for you to continue to play the game further without inevitably dying and failing the mission. Therefore, I don't think that the problem is that other stuff needs to be able to compete with CC at these levels. Rather I believe personally that CC should start to DIMINISH at very high levels the same as everything else. It's a simpler change, it balances everything out, and it does not create an issue of power creep where suddenly people can go EVEN FURTHER than the ludicrous amounts of time they already can.

-Now believe me when I say that I'm by NO MEANS suggesting to nerf CC. I only believe that at high enough levels it should not retain the same effect it has now. Higher level enemies should get up quicker from being knocked down- or resist it more in the first place. That brings in an issue with powers like bastille which suspend enemies, but I'm sure you guys could figure out a reason/way for them to become somewhat resistant. Perhaps wearing heavier (not stronger, simply heavier) armor to allow them to not be lifted as long. This would not only fix the issue as I see it, but would also give enemies some semblance of "learning while they fight- higher ups make smart decisions to adapt to the Tenno in a mission as time goes on". I'm sure a lot of people who do endless missions to insane times will probably see my suggestion here and freak out- either internally or externally. But I think if it was given a shot it would turn out for the better.

On the topic of mandatory mods. The only mods I see as absolutely, positively, without any question as "mandatory" at all- serration, hornet strike, pressure point. There is never a reason to not use these mods, period. There was a suggestion at some point of weapons gaining the damage these mods would provide as they level up instead so that the mods can be removed. I'm partial to that suggestion. All the other mods have one issue. Some are better than others. They are not equal.

-It's well known throughout the community that many mods- the pure status mods for example- have become relics of older times in the game when they used to be effective but now might as well not even exist in their current form. They need updating by now DE, it is time. They have sat much too long, and honestly I do not know why they have been updated still- perhaps you felt it better to wait for damage 3.0 since it had been so long anyways. Regardless, the point is that every mod needs to be "equal". Some players will always think damage is best no matter what anyone else says or shows them. That's fine. As long as the mods are equally effective in the end- it doesn't matter if certain people always choose to opt for damage, or some always choose to opt for status. Crit, utility, etc. That's in fact the point. As long as EVERY type of mod is selected by people, they are equal. Noone uses the current pure status mods. Noone uses hawk eye/zoom mods. That is the issue from my point of view- not the so-called "mandatory mods".

I saved this one for last because I figured certain people who saw it first would read my opinions and think "I don't like this guy, I'm not reading the rest of this". Let's talk about the topic of Draco. The way I see it- the problem of power leveling is a problem for a few reasons.

-The first and most important reason here- everyone ends up on the same place doing the same thing like mindless zombies. This is an issue because it basically forces any new- or other- players out of recruiting chat if they want to do something unique. Noone there wants to do anything but Draco, and I've even seen in the past players essentially tell people to get out of recruiting and go ask their clan or alliance because "no one is ever going to help with that mission- it's just taking up wasted space in recruit chat". Again, this is NOT ok. If EVERYWHERE was equally used by the people that mash 4 and power level. I would not personally have an issue with power leveling. What people do in their own time is up to them. If they want to sit in a mission and do nothing but spam one button, no skin off my back- it has nothing to do with me so I have no reason to care about what they are doing. The reason issue in my eyes is that the whole "everyone only ever does one thing not allowing people to do something unique if they want to" HAS TO GO. PERIOD.

-The second reason is partially tied into the first reason. People don't like seeing a frame used for only one power. People do not like seeing people camp in a corner and spam 4. People do not like having all their kills (or more accurately FUN) stolen in random games by people who don't want to actually actively "play" the game. Normally I'd say "it's not their problem if you don't like it. You can leave the squad and join another random game". The issue with this is that due to the draco mentality- almost EVERY public game (from what I've heard from others as I stopped doing random games for this exact reason LONG ago) has people doing this. There is no "leave the squad and find another if you don't like it" option. Players need to not be able to infringe on others fun if they aren't actively playing the game. Pressing one button over and over nonstop (exalted blade) or sitting in a corner doing nearly nothing but still getting tons of kills from mass range with no interaction (nuke abilities) need to change. Having someone who from your own view "doesn't care about the game / having fun enough to move around or do something more than spam one button" take all the enemies and therefore fun away from YOU over and over, in every single random mission- becomes extremely frustrating.

-Player mentality will never be changed. I cannot personally understand why people do this because I've had them flat out say to me that they will not do other things even once they have everything in the game maxed out, even though they don't find it fun. I cannot understand why, therefore I cannot believe their mentality can ever be changed. The solution is rebalancing and altering frame abilities and game mechanics. That is 100% up to you DE. Make stuff so that this cannot happen, that's the only way to satisfy everyone. They can still go about finding the most efficient ways to get stuff done, but they won't be able to do it in a way that makes it seem straight out unfair to everyone else in the squad and makes it impossible for them to have fun at the same time without going way away from their squad (and potentially putting the mission in danger by doing so). That is what needs to happen to make everyone go home happy at the end of the day. Exalted blade was great in theory- but in execution needs massive changes. Clearing out everything in the map from a single point by smashing E and watching your insanely powerful blades of death fly through all the walls and enemies in every direction as everything dies would be fine if this was a solo game; but there are other players there that also want a piece of the pie. It's supposed to be a sword- not a gun. "That [insert frame/weapon/etc here] should have to work just as hard everyone else to take those enemies down." That is the mentality to take. There's plenty of ways to go about making this happen, one needs to be picked, and then move onto the next problem ability/gun/melee/focus-branch/whatever, and repeat.

Hopefully at least some people see these thoughts and agree with them. I'll leave by saying that my opinion is not the only one in the world, and I don't think what I've said is "unquestionably right". But from viewing the community and game for so long now and seeing these issues and stepping back and seeing from both sides as much as I possibly can, this is what I ended up with.

Okay, here's my opinion on these topics:

1) Draco is the most efficient way of leveling. Sure, it could be removed, but this won't solve the affinity gain problem. People will find another "Draco" to grind. Now, I don't propose buffing every node to its level, but general affinity gain buff - both for enemies and completed objectives - is needed, so we can level weapons during normal gameplay without thinking "I could get many more levels by Draco/Spy speedruns".

2) AkTonkor? AkSoma? AkTigris? Don't think it will work with primaries.

3) CC is mandatory if you're planning to stay in endless missions for long time. I'd definitely like a change - not crippling CC abilities, but making offensive powers and weapons more viable, as well as changing enemy scaling mechanics. Currently it is CC or be one-shot.

4) Well, the only mod that I find extremely powerful and useful for most of the builds is Handspring. Maybe buff "vanilla" knockdown recovery? I don't really mind it taking exilus slot though.

The only easy way to grind out experience for S#&$ty weapons is going to get nerfed. No one wants to level these weapons and warframes that they don't actually want to play. 

The problem doesn't lie in Draco, it lies in the simple fact that this game LACKS any sort of streamlined manner of attaining experience.

In the case of mastery grind: places like Draco are the only option - the only option to quickly maneuver through the "work" of leveling the garbage. It's not fun, it's not "part of the game". It's the work that is a side product of power creep within weapons and warframes: no one wants to actually do the work to level the garbage tier S#&$ that DE adds to the game.

/thread

/game

We try to discuss topics that appeal to all platforms unanimously. Because Focus is in flux right now, it's not an appropriate topic for these threads. 

I just have the feeling that there's a whole lot of covering up being done here.

"Hey let's give players a quarter of their usual Focus gain, but make sure to raise the cap to 100K. A positive to negate the negative part of the update!". And now you, trying to divert this hot topic and make it seem like this is not something to discuss here.

And let's not forget the people that spend 40p for a greater lense, just to make it more manageable than normal. You made that 40p worthless. Thanks for that. Given this sub-forum's name is "Community Hot Topics", NOT talking about Focus defeats the purpose of this thread and this whole sub-forum.

Let's not kid ourselves, no one in the last 3 pages(as of this writing) in the community forum talked about dual wielding primaries, yet here we are discussing it, like there's 100's of topics about just that.

Draco

People in general want to make things as non tedious as possible. Examples exist in real life too of this.

What does that mean?

It means that leveling frames/weapons as tedious, boring and simply not worth the time. Especially when we're talking about the frames/weapons that need 5 formas.

What are the options?

1. Either take boatloads of time to rank up a weapon or frame in other missions which gives barely any affinity.

2. Look for a squad that does an endless void mission, only to be called out (and rightfully so!) for bringing gear to level, instead of gear to actually ward off the hordes of enemies.

3. Draco

I rest my case.

Dual primaries

Can you imagine an Akboltor?

I can't.

One of those is, presumably, heavy enough to warrant holding it with 2 hands, just to hold it steady and not shoot in the air due to recoil. Now with 2 of those one would be barely able to hold them, let alone hold it steady. I don't think this would fly, besides the current weapons are nice as they are.

Why change something that isn't broken? <-- HINT*

Crowd Control

Is crowd control useful? Yes

Is it required too often? At higher levels and endless missions, it's a very good help. But too often is not the case. Let's just say it makes things manageable.

If anything, having a dedicated CC frame in a squad makes things less stressful in an already stressful environment. Either take 3 seconds to kill an enemy that is distracted, or take 3 seconds, while being shot from all sides, having a teammate down and being revived and bombards and the like having a blast shooting projectiles at you.

Yeah.

Pretty much a must-have in endless missions, but not enough of a must-have to warrant a nerf

My 2 cents, take it as you will.

Edited by bbecko

Draco

I used to have Kiste, they nerfed MD as a whole

I used to have excavation, they nerfed it and say they are not looking to it anytime soon

I used to have stealth run, they improved the AI (which is a good move though)

Now they are looking in Draco, what's next?

Do you use Draco to acquire affinity?  Do you think Draco is a problem and needs to be changed?

I used to, long ago, but only when I was trying to level three and four pieces of gear at a time.  I don't need it any more, but I wouldn't want it taken away from others.  Affinity gain is stupid in this game, and others before me in this thread have already detailed it out so I won't beat a dead horse here.

Does it worry you that Draco is a Community Hot Topic?

Not particularly.  It had to happen eventually.  I remember Viver.  I've seen how you guys hitch practically everything up to the affinity system (rep, focus, etc.).  Sitting down to make some serious, systemic mistakes about affinity-based progress is practically seasonal at this point.

Would you like dual Primaries (similar to Ak Secondaries)?

Only if it makes sense.  If you guys make Akopticor I will probably not be happy, and most ak-primaries would make more sense as secondaries (akignis, aksoma(ti), etc.).  It'd have to be primaries that are small enough that they could be dual wielded without looking ridiculous.

Do you think Crowd Control is required too often?

I think crowd control is our only method of combatting the stupid things thrown at us most times.  It's either that, or Bless Trin/all Valkyr parties.  CC/invuln are basically our only options left for survival when the ability to DPS something properly is robbed from us by late game scaling or invulnerability phase bosses that can one shot us.

I think it is only required too often in that we are dumped on way too often by the poor design decisions thrown at us.

I think it only spoils the fun because our cc abilities and enemies are poorly designed.  Almost all of our kits are built to make fights uninteractive for our enemies, and so enemies are designed to nullify or ignore our kits, which then removes almost any option we have but to wait for them to be vulnerable or simply ignore them.

Crowd control "spoils" the fun because the main/only fun in this game is tearing things up and moving gracefully and quickly through these environments, and enemies or situations that are best met with crowd control are the ones where we all sit around a computer and wait for it to hack, or sit around on buttons and wait for everyone to press all the buttons before we can move on, etc.  The conditions for success are entirely decoupled from or at odds with the things that are fun in the game.

Do you think some warframe Mods are practically mandatory?

I think many feel veeeeeeery tempting, if not entirely mandatory, and should probably just be folded in to the base stats of the suit... but that's just me personally.  I have many more problems with the mod system than this one issue alone, but in general I just hate how inflexible it feels and I think that's at least in part why any mod feels mandatory.

There are way too many limitations (points, amount of slots, polarities, innate stats, abilities, etc.) that even if any one mod isn't truly mandatory, you certainly feel shoehorned in to certain mods over others.

Edited by ArcusVeles

I made this post last year and I still stand by it.

So you mean make a weapon perform like level 30 but still needing XP to allow another forma?

This sounds good. It solves a big problem with Forma.

While we're making Formaing less painful, how about the ability to multi-forma a single slot allowing you to switch between the added polarities on said slot, even have different polarities on each loadout slot.

The combination of those two things would not only encourage people to forma more, it would encourage people to forma their gear 3-4 times more than they normally would to make it versatile.

Draco : All missions should have the potential to level up stuff like Draco.

Crowd Control : Crowd control is fine, but what makes it a must for some people is the fact that mobs are just bullet sponges. I can do a 1 hour t4 survival without using a single ability but its just extremely tiring and if i am there to farm a Prime part for the thousandt of time in the same map, that crowd control is there to save my sanity. This is why i think its fine but that doesnt mean enemies and level scalings are fine.

Also the most of the topics about Draco is complaining about how it is too efficient or how low geared players are there to ruin their Pugs. This isnt about game to be honest, this is about some individuals.

Draco:

I don't know what do think about it. There's a lot of issues to look at here. Firstly it doesn't go with the spirit of any game to ignore everything except one place because it makes things go faster. Its a little boring. It amounts to less time playing the game which means fewer chances to spend money. DE kinda needs money to keep the game going. Unfortunately Draco is such a widely used node that if it was removed the community would be rioting in the relays or something like that. I don't really want to support the use of it but there is such a thing as too much grind. People get burned out spending what they feel to be too much time on waiting to actually start using a frame or weapon(at rank 5 you aren't using a frame or weapon. Its just more waiting after you already waited on it in the factory before its even usable). A lot of weapons are just mastery fodder anyway. Who wants to be handicapped by a bad lowranked weapon for a week? Focus gain is painfully slow unless you use Draco several times a day and even once you've maxed out your daily focus you still need two or three more days of maxed focus to afford an upgrade. So the problem I think isn't Draco but instead the reasons people use Draco.

Dual Primaries:

Its kinda hard seeing that working in a way that makes sense. Aksoma, Aktigris, Akpenta, Akopticor, I don't see those working. What primaries are small enough to be used like that but big enough to not seem like secondaries? Twin Grakata is the only one I can think of but that's already a secondary. I could be wrong but some things just shouldn't happen unless DE can make it work of course.

CC:

We already need to deal with nullifiers and ancient disruptors. Diminishing returns are like those but sound even worse if they aren't boss only. Abilities equal survivability and when you take that away from late game its just forces people to exrtact from endless missions earlier which means more grind if you didn't get what you wanted and nobody likes more grind. Then they go to Draco.

Mandatory mods:

Across the board nothing is mandatory. The problem is that you will always see the same mods on the same frames unless that frame can be played so differently that you need other mods. That doesn't happen often. Aside from that kind of mandatory, there are always the mods you WISH you had but the build doesn't make room for. No matter what frame, you will always wish you had room for health and shield mods. Those are pretty obvious. The less obvious ones are the energy mods for increased energy pools and efficiency. Even less obvious than those are rush and parkour mods. I always run with both because there is nothing more frustrating to me than being so slow I can't get out of my own way. I dont feel the need to be the first to extraction but I don't like my bullet jump taking an hour to finish its little spin animation.

Crowd Control

Unless you're hopelessly undergeared for the mission, you can usually just sprint through most situations, and if you can't that's nothing a couple of potatoes on your gear can't fix. I've yet to find a situation outside endless runs, where my most used guns couldn't out-perform my CC abilities.

It seems that the units you'd really want to crowd control are immune to it.

Take this Divine Will event for instance. I really wanted to use Chaos while neck deep in Hyenas, but they were immune. Not that CC was a dire necessity, because even with my rank 17 Nyx P I could just sprint on through them, only slightly hindered by the cold aura of some Hyenas.

So apart from special unit cluster f*cks and endless missions, CC is mostly a gimmick, or maybe a panick button if you screw up big time.

Do you use Draco to acquire affinity?

No.

Do you think Draco is a problem and needs to be changed?

Dont think it is a problem itself. If someone enjoys it let him/her have fun.

You can even go opposite direction, and give more Dracos, nodes with good affinity but of different enemy types and objective.

So ppl can get affinity from Draco but with variety.

But there are problems:

- Formating, leveling over and over our favorite weapon is not fun, since most times it will be at not full potencial.

Some way to fix it: Polarization also increase level afinity gain on that specific weapon, so weapon with 4 formas would level up in no time.

- The rest of starchart is a bit empty. There are generally some groups in not powerleveling nodes, but far less, and not always. Also most nodes do not offer anything special. We could have half the current amount, and nobody would spot the lack of them. Each planet could be done a bit more unique (like Uranus) or have some big story arc around it, which returns in each node. And after completing the planet there should be reward.

Do you think Crowd Control is required too often?

In low levels the best CC is deth. :-)

Co-op games requring some form of CC is natural. If CC is just fancy way of doing things, then DPS will be supperior, since CC just postpone the problem, when DPS solves it permanently.

Most co-op games require roles, like: initiator, DPS, support, CC... and it is better way to do it.

I thinkt that specific roles add fun. Maybe not set very tight with just one optimal setup, but dps ladderboard is not optimal.

Would you like dual Primaries (similar to Ak Secondaries)?

Depends on weapon.

Twin grakatas are fun, but main fun is that i can have launcher in main and still have assault rifle.

It is fun to have fancy setup. Like flamethrower as main, and grenade launcher as secondary. It not always have to be Asault Rifle + Pistol.

Akimbo do not make much sense anyway and is just pure cosmetic + some flavour with bigger magazine. Dont see which current main weapon would make a good dual weapon, they are too big.

Also, dosnt secondary weapons are false akimbo, with one weapon firing, and other hand just hanging around?

More weapons are generally welcome. There could be some more Mk1 weapons for credits only for new players to try different styles.

Do you think some warframe Mods are practically mandatory?

Dont see the problem. SInce some frames just have better synergy with certain mods. Stacking armour on Mag is pointless, but more shields... have benefits.  The important goal is:

1. Each Frame have at least some variety of builds even if small which are viable. (like power duration or ability power)

2. Frames are builded different. And if some mod appears more often its rather generic like +% health.

The most problematic/mandatory is power regain or efficiency. Since using own powers is best.

Also some mods are inferior. I hardly ever use single element resistance. Probably related to the too high cost for the effect.

The other thing is that warframe mods are rather limited in variety. Even less if we dont have syndicate unloced. Its not that + health is so good. There is not much else we can put on.

Dont exacly see the need to change it. Unless there will be big amount of frame specific mods for each frame.

On weapons it is much worse since every weapon is: general dmg buff + attack speed/multishot + elemental dmg alot of it + criticals or more speed. And then maybe some utility like ammo mutation. 

Edited by felixsylvaris

Draco: I never go there because I find to be boring and repetitive. But there is always going to be a "best" way to farm something, and it's always going to be a parody of the game. So I'm fine with Draco. I don't go there but I'm happy that the tryhards go there and they don't mix with me.

Dual Primaries: that's stupid. Primaries are held with two hands and secondaries are handheld. That's how we got the division in the first place. DE can however keep making Dual Secondaries out of Primaries (like the Twin Grakata). However it's a boring idea. Really boring. I'd like DE to create new content, not to exercise in copy-pasting.

CC: I like it.

Necessary mods on frames: As I said in that same thread, I think it's just pathetic powercreep. Demoting Vitality and Redirection will just create much stronger Warframes, which will cause enemies to go much stronger. I'm completely against it.

On draco:

I never run draco for affinity, I get by just fine running a few defense or survival missions in the void or elsewhere.

It's kind of a shame how the draco farmers ruin the game for us by triggering all the syndicate and focus nerfs/tweaks too stop them from reaching endgame content in a day or two after release... thanks a bunch you guys.

Now I can't really gain focus passively by just playing the game because some people like spamming one skill in one spot for a few hours on end.

However you guys seem to be busy tweaking this already, so I'll wait to see what rolls out the next few hotfixes before I draw any conclusions.

So destroy the draco node, or not. I don't care. I just hope you don't respond with nerfing all gains for focus which hurts casuals way more than draco spammers.

On dual primaries:

I would support the idea as long as it wouldn't look really silly. dual opticor is an example of way too silly looking. Something like dual braton or dual dera seems more sensible and I wouldn't be opposed to the smaller primaries (that could be fired one handed) to be made into duals.

Crowd Control:

It's at a pretty good place where it is now. Most frames have some form of crowd control and it's not necessary at all until you get to nightmare raid or sortie levels of enemies. Even then a well modded weapon can still kill enemies if CC isn't your cup of tea.

Mandatory Warframe mods:

So far the only mods I have on nearly all my warframes are streamline (this one is installed on literally every frame I own) and to a lesser extend fleeting expertise (most frame but not all).

Efficiency makes using powers a lot easier, with more casting and less looking for blue orbs on the ground, thereby improving the general flow of battle. Speaking of flow, I don't use that on a lot of frames: on the two sides of efficiency versus a large energy pool I took the efficiency route for most builds.

Primed continuity has also become a standard for me on all build with fleeting expertise to compensate for the duration loss.

Draco is the best and only good way to get something that is extremely annoying to do : Get XP and level stuff up. The problem with Draco is that some people ruin it by leeching and random hate it doesn't deserve. I am worried that you mentioned it because this means that a NERF is coming, and if Draco gets nerfed, the community will get mad.

Dual Wield primary ? What made you think I dont want them ? I want them from the moment I found out the game has dual wielding in it...

CC - no opinion

Mandatory WF mods - If you are talking about stuff like Intensify, Streamline, BR, TF, then yes, they are mandatory because each frame needs those types of mods and dont you dare change or remove them like Serration

Edited by hawker_mech

For the longest time, I avoided Draco like the plague. To my understanding, it was a playground of meta-groups just power-leveling gear in order to forma out their gear. Then I decided to try it out. I'm still not entirely convinced that isn't the case, but there's more to it than that. It doesn't require a coordinated group using a specific exploitative strategy - the affinity gains compared to the rest of the game are noticeable even with a group of relaxed randoms each doing their own thing. In a sense... it's the enemy concentration of Defense without the defense objective mandating the presence of a Frost. It's power-grinding freestyle, and that's useful to have. It's not as though the rewards are all that stellar, either. If you get a group that's willing you can get T4 keys out of it, but otherwise you've got a lot of common mods in the first few rounds. Many groups duck out after the first message.

Dual Primaries? You mean like what the Twin Grakatas should have been? I'm not against them as long as they are not no-brainer upgrades from their singular versions, and they're comparatively balanced. Why the heck does wielding a Grakata in each hand produce less noticeable recoil than using one with both hands? The temptation to put "Still no fix for game balance" in each of the hotfix threads is real. 

CC... where to start... oh yeah. Remember back when you guys said the game was supposed to be balanced up to level 40, and for everything beyond that players were on their own? Yes? Okay, so why are you just now getting around to thinking about stopping CC from scaling infinitely rather than making it so that damage abilities scale as well as CC does? Look at your T4 runs. Look at your raids. Look at your Sorties. Look at your Tac Alerts. Nearly every single "end-game" challenge in Warframe is derived from puzzle-solving the most effective CC setups available, and the puzzles aren't even all that puzzling. The game is more than a little too CC-centric, and this largely stems from players having access to effectively infinite energy pools.

Speaking of infinite energy pools, please reassure me that the existence of 'mandatory' Warframe mods was never seriously in question. Okay, so there are a number of different builds out there, but that really just means that different mods are mandatory for different Warframes. Fleeting Expertise, Streamline, Rage, Energy Siphon, Continuity, Constitution. To name just a few of the mods that are absolutely necessary for piecing together functional builds. Worse still, Auras are only obtainable (barring the trade channel) through alerts. Is it possible to create minimally-effective gag builds? Yes. Does that do anything to really change the problem at hand? No, because most of those gag builds require setups that new players aren't going to have easy access to anyway. 

Do you think Draco is a problem and needs to be changed?

I feel there's always going to be a loot cave, and the Boltor Prime being MR2 is too amazing for new players. There's no point in addressing easy ways to acquire affinity when new players loose interest from having the best weapons really early on.