Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Auction House

Ashafa

One game having a fail at having a AH is no grounds for anything else to give it a try.

if any blame could be placed, I would put it on botters who made the rmah fail above all else; there was dudes that ran 4+ bots 24/7 and made a living off that without actually sitting down and playing the game legit. Heck, still happening today lol

Edited by fizbit

Oh, Boys... I'm sure that you where trolling me... But also is a good post to express myself.

Sleezy sellers and buyers in trade chat ruin things just as much.

Just as bad as D3 rmah if not worse.

I think that 90% of players hate trade chat. Only scammers and more or less fair traders that knows that on troubled waters, fishers profit, like trade chat now.

But as much you think that trade chat is... Bad... Its not so bad on a scenario where even with auction house you can't sell anything when you realized that there is a hundred offers before you at 1plat and no demand for your offer.

If you are lucky enought to get one interesting things you'll see your price undercut to ridiculous by a minimafia that owns the market.

One game having a fail at having a AH is no grounds for anything else to give it a try.

Please. Askme a simple question.

Have you readed before you post FORBES article, this whole thread and at least 1 previos edition of this thread?

I assume that no. But may be i'm wrong.

They have a laaaarge quantity info over market, players behavior, drops statistics vs players needs.... And much more.

Maybe one day i'll make a remake post with all proposed features for a durable, easy and fair trade. But AH alone is a game crash for sure. Its not only one game having a fail at having a AH.

Maybe one day i'll make a remake post with all proposed features for a durable, easy and fair trade. But AH alone is a game crash for sure. Its not only one game having a fail at having a AH.

Most of MMO have AH. WoW have AH. They aren't "crash" beacuse of this. Maybe you should reconsider your position and face a real facts.

Its not only one game having a fail at having a AH.

Its one game that keeps being brought up as a reason and no i have not read some article on some site, i have no need of prior reading to post my thoughts on a Forum.

"If" it is indeed many games then why isn't anything but D3 being posted as an example?

That's interesting letir.

In WoW you pay for the game, the expansión and monthly. What the drop rate of items really traded?

If you want we can discuss one by one all the other game that have an AH and how affects the game and the company itself, its ok for me.

All of this matter cause if market crash on WoW they have other incomes on the game itself. And that's time to adress the issue. But in a Free to play if the market crash and people leave playing because its easyer and cheaper to get things on market than playing, developers make no income at all. In this point DE would become trappep between make drop rate utterly hard ultra super mega rare, enraging a playerbase to sustain a market that gives no benefits or let the players stop playing.

Face it. That was happened before.

AzureTerra, you right. You have no need of prior reading post or articles to express yourself. But this is a very old post reedited once and again. So i offered a bunch of info to improve the conversation out of the same circles.

D3AH is the example by excelence who nearby all knows about it.

Lineage for example has a fee on his auction house that makes only reliable things to be selled are offered.

In the Warcraft auction house, the most popular, most-traded items aren’t weapons and armor — they’re crafting materials, used to create consumable items. Not like warframe that its direct warframes and weapons what is traded.... Mmm... And mods.

Nearby all agree that trade chat is a living hell. Bazaar style shops seem a way better option. A place where you can make a list of offer ONCE and not writing each time you want to sell something the same phrase once and again, repeat until puke.

On Ps4 and XBOX this is horrible. We have no keyboard!!!

So I've been playing for a while now and recently had the thought of adding an Auction house style system for trading so that you can put things up for sale without having to sit in trade chat for however long trying to sell stuff. Now its really not that big of a problem but for people like me who have alot of random void drops they would like to get rid of i think its a good idea, it would probly still use up daily trades and maybe only one item per "trade" and perhaps a fee of 1k credits or something for it to be displayed for 24 hours or however long and i assume it would go on the relays or maybe even be built like the trading post in the dojo. Anyway what do you people think because i dont see why it shouldnt be put in

-1 To Auction house. Since 1, this isn't Maplestory and 2 people would end up jacking prices up. Ex: Start a bid at 20 Plat. The price would end up going up and up depending on the item.

What if it weren't an "auction" but more of a consignment setup where you put the item up for sale and someone can buy it at your set price. The balance of inflaters and low-ballers would typically even it out to a fair price

i didn't realize  there were so many threads for this. But i read some of your comments Legion and i think it could work if they had certain restriction such as fixed pricing or like i said 1 item per trade, i mean as far as people not bying platinum as much i think thats pretty (not sure if you said this or someone else) stupid to say because farming still takes time for not alot of platinum and there are always going to be people that who would rather spend money than time to get what they want, as for me i usually wait for a discount on platinum and even then i would still buy before trying to farm the void.

Edited by smiddler

-1 To Auction house. Since 1, this isn't Maplestory and 2 people would end up jacking prices up. Ex: Start a bid at 20 Plat. The price would end up going up and up depending on the item.

And this is a bad thing how? If the price is too high for your tastes, find the same item at a lower price, just like normal trade chat.

And just like normal trade chat, the seller will just go for the highest buyer(bidder) anyways.

Having any form of market or auction house will be a benefit in the long run because nobody really wants to sit for hours waiting for a buyer or a seller. It would also help unify traders from across time zones, people who you normally can't buy from or sell to because their midnight is your afternoon.

Edited by alexmach1

warframe.market is a great alternative to trade chat already. I see all these posts about prices being jacked up as if prices for things arent ridiculous already lol.  the market site saved me a few hours of sittin in trade chat so yea, +1 to auction house, or if not that at least a consignment shop in the bazaar. so we can just set up shop and go on about our business instead of having to spam trade chat. 

basically we could try a double check system that other mmos use, like vindictus for example. we allready have have a double check system in place. that could fix the price issues people are complaining about. we could also have a min max price reference so people can get the most out of selling, and trust me I've seen some games with trading. players will trying to make the price as high as they can be allowed. with the rare items spanning in the millions. we just have to add a double check system in place. but just look at vindictus and then tell me people if people would price drop.

• 2 weeks later...

Auction House Tickets (Sold in the market for 20p ---- Dropped in Spy, Interception, Defense, Capture, Sorties, and Alerts)

They could be Mastery rank test rewards as well, and there could be dailies from Maroo that give one ticket a day. Also login rewards.

You have to build them for a day (a la Forma) 

Auction house posting can be Maroo's Bazaar (Lore-wise ---- You have to finish "Stolen Dreams")

Perfect way for DE to make money and give more reward

AND

Clean up the trade chat!!!!

Interception = Draco
Defence = Pluto Dark sector
Capture = Earth Kuborow egg hunts
Spy = Ivara hunts
Sorties = not a good idea unless it's swaped out with x50 cores or adapter. 
    -  Sorties which do any of the other suggested game modes
Alerts = Weekly seems fair but too easy for a 20p item.

1. Click Market, shuffle to find cheapest plat cost.
2. Purchase.
3. Watch people compete to sell for less or never sell at all.
4. Watch DE realize nobody is buying tickets.
5. DE realizes  People buying tickets for plat to sell items for plat is stupid, ends up with nobody buying the ticket and farming instead.
6. Half the community crying about how rare tickets drop and blaming RNG.
7. DE cannot remove the market without upsetting the people enjoying the 5p Nova systems and every prime item.
8. DE makes no profit from this and people have even less reason to buy plat as everything is super cheap, DE realized they've doubled screwed themselves by installing this.

Summary;  Don't install a mmorpg market into a game with an already existing trade economy who keeps items worth plat by supporting itself because that market will destroy our current trade prices.

Edited by xFrostKnightx