Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What if Ballas is alive?

321agemo

Here's a random thought: is the executioner ballas still alive?

Before you all start saying no because we killed all of the orokin, we still have people who were alive during the old war (grineer twin queens, Teshin, stalker etc) and are alive now. and don't forget that ballas lore is going to be expanded on in the future in regarding the prime warframes.

If he's dead, thats fine but if he's still alive, he could design a “modern” prime frame. Which i though would be rather neat.

And that guy in the Moa synthesis is an Orokin too, and that was definitely post-fall if Grineer are doing stuff. Not all of them were killed by Tenno. Ballas would probably be trying to re establish the Exectutors, like the other lady in the Eviscerator entry who got killed. I'm not sure Ballas would show his face though, seems dangerous. At any rate, the Saryn trailer was probably a snipet from the past, talking about the cleansing of the Infested from Earth.

Pretty damn sure he was one of the firsts we killed.

I think I remember a race, full of Bullets Jumps and Dashes, Charges, Tail Winds, Teleports, Switch Teleports between all Tenno to get to the area he was to get the satisfaction of ending his live.

1 minute ago, shadowfire380 said:

I don't think ballas would want to help us by making new primes, you know on account of hating us.

.but i think that depends, does he hate us more or the sentients more?

And don't forget that the lotus looks like Margulis. Would he hate her more because she took on the face of someone dear to her or would he help her because thats what margulis would have wanted?

1 minute ago, 321agemo said:

And don't forget that the lotus looks like Margulis. Would he hate her more because she took on the face of someone dear to her or would he help her because thats what margulis would have wanted?

Well you got me there well played.

2 hours ago, 321agemo said:

Well if my theory is correct, and don't take this very seriously on account of it's kinda pointlessly crazy to begin with, then he could definitely side with lotus if he is reintroduced to the storyline.  Besides - look at what we see now of the void.  The new void spy missions show that the void is certainly something which is not entirely logical, allowing for just about anything to happen.  *cough cough* time-space warping *cough cough*.

Skipping the nitty-gritty of my theory, Lotus might have a portion of Margulis's conscience inside of her, since she traveled through the void with the intention of manipulating the Tenno.  The Tenno afflicted Margulis with their void powers, but she lived, forever linking her with the void.  Margulis after dying enters the void in a limbo-like state.  Natah is noticed by Margulis while traveling to our system from Tao, but Margulis doesn't want her "children" to die.  With whatever amount of energy she has, she plants a seed in Natah's head to protect the Tenno from her schemes.

Pretty crazy sounding, so I don't put any chips on it.  But it would definitely be interesting.

At the same time, as a few have pointed out, Ballas does not regard the Tenno as "people", and even resents them.  He blames them for Margulis's death.  But the reality is that the threat posed by the Sentients, Infested, and Grineer is fairly real.  If he intends to survive (if he's still alive at all), then those threats need to be extinguished.  His best bet?  What he already knows and built with his own hands.  He's a crafty individual though, and he most definitely doesn't seem to be a person that would just "help" the Tenno.  If he plays a role and helps the Tenno in the future to eliminate these threats, I would suspect him to betray us along the way somehow.  Possibly something like provide frames with great boosts of power to combat our enemies, but when the time comes, those frames backfire and permanently sever our somatic link, leaving us vulnerable.

Typing that made me slightly concerned for the first time about what Umbra frames really are.........................................

Edited by stratavar
Extra Thoughts and Grammar

1 hour ago, 321agemo said:

Consider that Ballas' comments about the Tenno are that they were no longer human, undeserving of Margulis literally blind love. That he, an Executor who considered her 'my wilted love', was the one who counted the votes and gave her her death sentence. "Seven hands raised! For your apostasy the judgement is...death. Margulis, why?"

As it stands, we don't actually know at this juncture if Lotus does indeed look like Margulis. And, bear in mind that Ballas is very consistent in his disdain for the Tenno, never considering them in human terms; why help them when I imagine from where he's concerned, facilitating their entire existence as conscripts served a kind of revenge because it was their fault Margulis died, not his. If Margulis hadn't put so much effort into trying to help them, he wouldn't have had to see her die, after all. She wouldn't have been hurt if she hadn't gotten close to them...so many things he can pin on the Tenno rather than face the reality he likely didn't want to accept. If Lotus does look like her...well...I really doubt that'd go down well.

If Ballas really cared for Margulis' memory, he'd have actually completed the original intention of her work...not subvert it to serve his own ends instead. Margulis doesn't strike me as the type to condemn then children to a life of warfare. Whatever Margulis began...everything that came after her death that passed through Ballas' hands served his ends first and foremost. Margulis? A convenient excuse for everything he did from there on.

At this point, this is a lot of inference from not much though it is helped somewhat by the fact they're spoken lines, rather than written. Nevertheless, can't say I'd be able to trust anything he's involved in or says from what's been provided so far. Ballas just strikes me as far too self-serving...and much too clever to be obvious about it. The kind of person that the expression 'Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer' is intended for, I imagine.

But again. For now...early days...could be it's just a bad first impression...but then our first impression was back in the Crewman Synthesis, and he was a definite snake there...

6 hours ago, 321agemo said:

And don't forget that the lotus looks like Margulis

I don't believe that this is stated anywhere in Warframe's lore. Unless I missed something completely and someone can provide me a valid source of said statement, I think you're just providing fan speculation as if it's fact.

Edited by LazerSkink

7 hours ago, 321agemo said:

Here's a random thought: is the executioner ballas still alive?

Before you all start saying no because we killed all of the orokin, we still have people who were alive during the old war (grineer twin queens, Teshin, stalker etc) and are alive now. and don't forget that ballas lore is going to be expanded on in the future in regarding the prime warframes.

If he's dead, thats fine but if he's still alive, he could design a “modern” prime frame. Which i though would be rather neat.

Given what was said in the Guardsman Synthesis my primary worry would be that if an Orokin Executor survived then all of that "useless" Orokin tech that no one can get working could be taken out of lockdown, Including the towers.

It could be a massive paradigm shift in Warframe. The Tenno could end up with an adversary that is low in number but notably technologically superior, very similar to themselves. Hell I could see a lot of the Corpus defecting to a renewed Orokin Empire.

I would have high hopes of such a new faction.

Who knows. Maybe he's still alive. If he like the Tenno and Teshin, he could be alive and well. But problem is that Codex entries tells us that high Orokin officers were killed. Or DE can just say Ballas is still alive. Then they would be love riviary with Ballas, Hunhow and the Tenno for Lotus/Natah/Margulius for her love :P

consider This: in body, Ballas is dead, but who's to say the Orokin didn't have a Backup Plan for their Executors? in many TV shows and Movies, the slimy, villainous Politicians always find a way to beat the odds, making us hate them even more. plus wouldn't the Orokin actually release the Oro essence after Death? (it's in the name after all.). they may have secretly made some way of capturing the Oro of the deceased and storing it in a highly-secure Vault of some kind. if Ballas' Oro were recovered somehow, it could be put into a new body, or an AI system or whatever. hell, he could have been made into a Cephalon for all we know! if this were the case, Ballas would technically still be alive, just no longer a Human. perhaps Ballas was made into a similar Being to Vor; made of Pure Energy, eternal, and can never be destroyed, only transferred between forms. I can totally see this happening.

if I find a way to kill him though I will, he deserves to suffer for what he did to Margulis... plus he might drop a rare mod or other nice bit of loot...

• 1 month later...