The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 18.5: Sands of Inaros, Inaros Feedback Thread

DE_Adam

5 minutes ago, Darkmoone1 said:

Is there something that changes how fast Sandstorm can go? I see a speed multiplier for it, but I have no idea if or how it increases.

Volts speed maybe but thats just a guess :\ Halves your speed so rush might help too

1 hour ago, LeeAmatsu said:

The only things in common are that they have no shield, which is a part of many fan concepts, and the name Devour for an ability. 

Yeah....  TOTAL rip-off, they even look the same and have the same name!

But really, that's a nice concept but it definitely had nothing to do with Inaros.

Spent a few hours playing and testing with a rank 30 Inaros in Draco (up to round 4), in the Simulacrum, and on the infested Sortie with a power strength build (Str: 193%; Rng: 100%; Eff:95%; Dur:150%) and an efficiency/range build (Str: 40%; Rng: 235%; Eff:170%; Dur:110%). Here are my observations and thoughts.

In general: He's a tanky CC machine. Damage is very good against enemies below lv 20-30ish. Past that his time to kill skyrockets. Survivability is almost entirely dependent on desiccate stopping all enemy damage output followed by his built in finisher lifesteal passive and my life strike melee. His ability damage output and scaling is so low it may as well not be there. His 1 and 3 are quite fun to use. I personally find maxing range and efficiency and relying on a lifesteal crit Atterax the best way to play him.

Passive 1: Effectively “second wind”. Mouse over an enemy to drain hp at 75 finisher damage/tick which fills up a gauge. If the gauge fills before the bleedout timer expires, you revive. Gauge is also filled by enemies dying nearby. Unsure if based on eneny HP lost. Unsure of range or if it can be triggered by enemies killed by allies. Simulacrum testing with Kulstar on lv 50 chargers resulted in a near instant revive after blowing myself up in a cluster of enemies with the bomblets killing enemies after I had entered the sarcophagus mode. Did not field test.

Pretty unforgiving, especially solo. Enemies need to be drained for nearly 100% of the bleedout time in order to fill the gauge enough to self revive. I would like a 2-3 second window and/or a 1-2m AOE lifesteal around the coffin.

Passive 2: Lifesteal on finisher.

Not sure if it scales based on damage done but I was healing several hundred HP on finishers. Very powerful. Please keep it as is.

Abilities:
Desiccation: Does some initial damage with a 5% damage/second, non stacking DOT with 25% lifesteal on the DOT only. Recasting refreshes duration, damage is affected by armor

I like it. Comes out fast and has good coverage. Built for range and efficiency, it covers a very large area with a relatively brief CC, opens up enemies to finishers and is spammable. Simulacrum testing shows that the damage and lifesteal is very poor above lv 20 enemies. At 193% power strength, against a lv 40 Lancer, the ability did 215 damage on hit, 7 damage/second as the DOT and healed for 2hp/second. This is essentially unnoticeable in practice and indeed field testing on Draco shows no noticeable healing even when large groups of units are affected. Sometimes I am unable to perform finishers on some enemy types hit with desiccation.

The ability should lifesteal on the initial hit, perhaps for a lower % than the DOT lifesteal. The DOT needs to be much higher than current and the total DOT damage should be significantly higher than the initial damage. Base duration is rather poor for the cost and damage. I would like to see it increased by at least 2 seconds at all ranks. Ideally, I would like to see the base energy cost dropped to 20, the DOT increased to much greater than 5%, perhaps even %Hp damage, and the ability heal a flat amount/second.

Devour: Effectively a long range, long duration stun on an enemy. Holding down the button drags the target to Inaros at a speed based on the movement speed of the target after which finisher damage is dealt. Finisher damage, at multiple ticks/s, appears to start at 50% of indicated damage ramping up to 100% of damage over 2-3 seconds, with 100% lifesteal. Stopping devouring an enemy and restarting resets the damage ramping. If devour kills an enemy, a sand minion spawns.

It is incredibly powerful in all aspects against low level enemies. At higher levels, it is a high cost, long duration stun and a weak to moderately strong heal depending on how many enemies are shooting at you. With the Str build, I heal/damage for 482.5hp/s at the max rate, With the Eff/Rng build, I heal/damage for 117.5hp/s.

The drag rate needs to be fixed and much faster than it currently is (maybe 15m/s) and not based on current enemy movement speed (I tried dragging in a molecular primed charger and it moved at a glacial rate). Damage should begin while the enemy is being dragged. Devour damage needs to be much higher. I would like to see a flat base damage + %HP damage with the lifesteal based on the flat damage. Sand minions should spawn on kill by any source and not just devour.

I feel the casting cost should be a little lower. Maybe 35-40.

Sandstorm: Effectively a large Zephyr tornado with casting cost and energy/s cost. Unknown if finisher damage. Activates Devour’s lifesteal and damage for any enemies affected by Devour that are caught. Halves movement speed. There is a 0.5x damage multiplier but I am unsure of its function.

A hilarious CC that is also an energy vacuum. Too expensive to be of practical use without an efficiency build or an EV Trinity present. From max energy (150) to empty, my Str build can maintain it for 10s and my Eff/Rng build for 48s, (timer started when cast starts). VERY powerful healing if multiple Devoured enemies are caught although the heal is extremely expensive when the energy cost for Devour and Sandstorm are taken into account.

The energy cost needs to be slightly lowered by maybe to 7-8 energy/s and the initial casting cost reduced significantly or removed. Base range could be a little larger, perhaps 3-5m at all ranks.

I would like this to function less as a Zephyr tornado that flings enemies everywhere, making it impossible for your teammates to shoot them, and more as a slow Vortex that slowly pulls enemies towards Inaros. Enemies under the effects of Desiccation should take some small %HP DOT, Enemies under the effect of Devour take the full Devour damage (preferably with a larger %HP DOT), but at a reduced lifesteal %. Movement speed could be inversely proportional to power range. The lower the range, the faster the movement.

Scarab Armor: Channel to charge ability up to 100% and gain an unknown % armor. Requires 2900HP from 0% to 100%. HP cost values unaffected by Str and current HP. Armor value unaffected by Str but is affected by current armor. Channeling does not automatically stop at 100% charge.

For both Str and Eff/Rng builds against a single shot from a lv 50 bombard with full HP, repeated 2 times:

At 420 armor and 0%: one shot did 118 damage
At 420 armor and 50%: one shot did 102 damage
At 420 armor and 100%: one shot did 91 damage

At 200 armor and 0%: one shot did 177 damage
At 200 armor and 100%: one shot did 122 damage

When over 25% charge, can expend 25% charge to cast an AOE DOT with an IMPERFECT stun*, affected by armor with 100% lifesteal, centered on a target. DOT spreads to any enemies that come within ~1m (or in contact, unsure) with an affected enemy. Health is given to any teammates within a certain distance of an affected enemy. Unsure if health is split between multiple teammates
*during simulacrum testing with a lv 50 bombard, rockets were still fired despite the bombard being under the effects of Scarab Armor.

A decent ult that’s free and can be used often if Inaros is used/built correctly. Good duration on the CC, good range.  The heal is laughably tiny if armored units are hit. Testing with the Str build (386dps) against Bombard, Lancer, Charger of Lvs 10, 50, 90 in that order showed the following damage ticks:
Bombard: 32, 9, 4
Lancer: 28, 13, 7
Charger: 49, 49, 49

Very dependent on hitting multiple targets with the AOE. There is no tell for teammates to know they can be healed by this ability. There does not seem to be a lot of additional bonus armor.

This ability needs to do finisher damage at the very least, or change to flat hp damage with life steal + %hp damage mentioned earlier.

Additional suggestions:
%HP damage:
Inaros needs a lot of help in the ability damage department. To go along with his desert/sand theme, he should have a relatively high TTK per non boss enemy, ~8-15s, but it would be consistent across all enemy levels. To do that he should have %hp damage DOT’s for almost all his abilities. If such DOT’s are not built into each ability, I propose that each of his abilities can apply a stacking debuff that does %hp/second up to a limited number of stacks.

Overheal/overcharge: Inaros’ finisher passive, Devour, and Sandstorm can potentially heal him for a LOT more than his maximum health pool, all of which goes to waste. I propose that Inaros can overheal himself and perhaps even teammates to some extent which decays over time to bring his tankiness in line with other top tier tanks like Chroma. I think Scarab armor may benefit from a decaying overcharge mechanic as well.

Edited by ADirtyMonk

I didn't realize there was an official Inaros feedback thread, so I'll post my thoughts from another thread here.

Desiccation: Nothing to add on this one, pretty solid as a 1. Interestingly, the blind only works if the enemy is facing you (in my experience).

Devour: This is where the problems start popping up. If the enemy is killed via means that aren't the ability itself, a sand shadow does not spawn. The damage is also pretty poor, all things considered. I don't think you can use it on flying enemies either, sadly.

Sandstorm: Incredibly slow and doesn't deal the advertised damage in its advertised range. I genuinely think this may be bugged, because 720 damage per second shouldn't be ticking at 72 damage per second. Nor should enemies 10m in front of me be running around when the radius should be 20m.

Scarab Swarm: Armor aspect is pretty neat, unfortunately doesn't scale with efficiency mods - health will always be drained at an alarming rate, and 25% of your charge will always be used to cast a swarm. Also, I feel as if the range refers to your casting range - not the abilities actual range. Enemies need to be nearly touching to trigger spreading. In it's current state, it feels like a more expensive devour without the extra goodies. It does not fit the "swarm" description whatsoever.

And, although it's not an ability, I'd like to comment on his unique downed state: it's REALLY cool. Damage / revive meter doesn't scale, sadly. Which means if you're in a sortie, or in any kind of high level mission, good luck reviving yourself because the meter barely fills even if you've got plenty of enemies to drain.

So yeah, that's it. Hopefully Inaros gets some scaling buffs, like his other rocky buddy Atlas.

Inaros Feedback

Impressions: Overall he seems to be a very tanky frame and his abilities help with restoring his health. Most of my input about Inaros is just based on me playing around with him in a few levels and playing with my buddy.

Desiccation: A nice AOE stun with a very generous range especially when modded. I like how it can be used defensively for protecting objectives as well as for lifestealing in missions. The opening for finishers makes up for the low damage on the ability.

Devour: This ability is pretty good for killing low level enemies and even some mid-tier (Level 25-35ish) and creating minions. I'm not really sure how the duration scales because at higher levels the damage from devour isn't enough to quickly make a sand shadow and it would just be quicker to kill that enemy or use desiccation for a quick heal.

I did notice while playing with my friend, who was playing as Saryn Prime and popping her spore ability in conjunction with Saryn's Molt that it really helped in speeding up the devouring time on enemies even at Levels 45+ because of those toxic and viral procs so that might be something to take into account that can encourage more teammwork with certain frames.

His pull on enemies won't pull them towards you if an object is blocking the pull path, which I sometimes find annoying since I can't pull the guy to be devoured.

Not sure if this would be a good idea but maybe for an augment Devour can target multiple enemies and trap them in quicksand but holding it down will still only pull 1 enemy towards you for devouring. It would also be nice if duration also sped up the devouring time on a target so that with higher duration you devour faster on a target to maybe speed up the damage on higher level targets since it just looks strange trying to devour a level 35 Ancient for like 30 seconds until he finally dies and have like 30 infested swarming around you waiting for you to finish. I also noticed that enemies that get healed will also take longer to consume.

Sandstorm: Really nice AOE stun, I haven't really had a chance to play around with it too much so I don't really have much to say about this without more experience testing it out in live missions that go for the higher tier enemies.

Scarab Swarm: A nice ability, the armor buff really helps with survivability and is a nice way to dish out some damage with some heals.

Edited by MegatronG1
Edits

Just tested Inaros today and its an awesome warframe but he depends too much on a non scalable damage which completely makes the devour mechanic useless:

Dessication is a great ability, 0 problems with it.

Devour is where the problems start, is useful to get some health back however the damage is horrible and the sand minion duration is extremely low, my proposal is to completely remove the duration on the sand minions and we should be able to create a sand minion by just simply killing the sand trapped enemy with our weapons considering we can only create one copy at a time as far as i know.

Sandstorm is only good for CC and its cost per second is a bit high for what it does, again it doesnt scale pretty well in terms of damage so creating sand clones with this ability is impossible against level +30-40 enemies.

Scarab armor is good for using it as a defensive tool (increased armor) and a bit of CC but it consumes 25 energy i think per cast when fully charged which i dont really get it, im already paying a high cost with my own health to even use energy, the damage is pathetically low.

The passive gets completely nullified by enemy scaling, the only thing who has scalability is the lifesteal when doing melee finishers.

Overall he can be a pretty solid frame but his abilities and passive rely too much on a low non scalable damage, fix that and you get a good frame.

Edited by Rhaenxys
Typos

The problem with Inaros is that 3 of his abilities are overshadowed by his first. with the 1st ability (pocket sand) i can: stun a large group, blind them for a time, and opens them up to finishers which, once done, gives him over a 1000 health back. plus the ability has super fast casting. and that's ignoring the dmg the finisher itself does. If you only use this ability for the entire game, you're set.

Now lets see the others:

- Devour: it stuns 1 enemy, and then you can activate them to start "devouring" at a super slow rate cause the ability does super low dmg but you heal at the same time. AND its second effect - the golem spawning only works if the enemy dies while in the "devouring" state, meaning you have to stay there for a loong time to kill anything past level 20. meaning you are going to get swarmed while doing it. to counter this you are immune to dmg while "devouring" but at the end of it you have a second where you will be damaged by everything around you due to the animation of "recovering". plus the golem himself as no practical purpose other than - oh thats nice - since he is too weak and is only one vs a swarm of enemies of the same level.

- Sandstorm - this ability suffers from a lot of things - its very weak, it does not provide life steal like his other abilities, it has super short range, and its very slow. plus you're damaged while in it. oh and it has an efficiency of 10 energy per second, double of what excal's ult is unmodded. on plus side - it looks really cool and the pick-up thing is nice i guess (though it suffers from the lack of range as well).

- Scarab Swarm - personally this ability has one use - to double your armor. that's its plus side. that being said that costs over 75% of your health. and if you're unfortunate to find a nullifier (lol) you have to build it up all over again. the second part of this abillity is like devour, only without the devouring bit. it instead does dmg over time that heals allies in the vicinity while the enemy lives. i can't stress enough how pointless this is. at anything below level 50, odds are our weaps will turn enemies to mincemeat. at anything over while they take a bit more to take down, fact is the health the ability provides (due to, again, having low dmg) is negligible when compared to the damage the enemies dish out. plus the healing bit suffers from low range as well.

Now that isn't to say i don't like Inaros, it just saddens me that once again, abilities that sound so great in paper have such poor scaling/usability. except his first. which is epicness personified.

So far my impressions on Inaros is this:

He's not built or designed for damage at all. At the most you keep his power strength at 100% and that's about it. He seemed more designed towards keeping the enemy locked down, providing ways to assist teammates in setting up kills and keeping them alive while staying rediculously tanky. I find that if he were able to straight up kill his enemies in late stages of the game with just his abilities it would be borderline broken. So in conclusion, I think the damage should stay as is. Building for duration and range, with a bit of efficiency on the side, seems like the best course of action to build this frame. In terms of CC, tankiness, and support this frame does it in aces.

However, I do have an issue with the sand clones he spawns from devour, as they suffer from Shadows of the Dead syndrome. They either don't last long enough to be of help because they get mowed down by enemies, or they run around providing no actual assistance. Something should be done about that.

Also, I think there needs to be a way for the speed multiplier to scale on Sandstorm. For a tornado, it seems to be way to slow and modding it to make it faster would be nice. From all of the abilities sandstorm seems to be the weak link in terms of effectiveness and I think making the ability faster would fix that issue.

I really like Inaros. He's really hard to kill, with Rage equipped he practically has infinite energy, and it's really easy to gain health back. He does have a few issues, most of which have been adressed already by others but I suppose there is no harm in reiterating them.

His 1 is fine. Nothing to say about it. It works, it synergizes with his passive, and that's about it.

His 2 is nice because you temporarily become immortal while eating people, allowing you to heal up in peace and quiet (tortured screams of agony are peace and quiet in my book). The Sand Shadows are nice, but at higher levels it takes too long to kill enemies with Devour so you'll probably never really use them. This is without mentioning the fact that they have poor AI, and aren't that useful. Then there's also the fact that players can kill the enemy while you're busy dining, which is all kinds of rude. The stagger at the end is a tad annoying, but I suppose it can't be helped. Balance! 

His 3 by itself is clunky and doesn't seem all that useful. It's like Zephyr's Tornado ability, except there is only one and it costs a lot of energy. 10 per second is already kind of bad (though rendered moot by Rage) but I'm pretty sure the initial casting cost is 75 which is way too high. Of course, you're supposed to use it in conjunction with Devour, but the synergy is all kinds of wonky. The issue lies in the fact that trapped targets get flung around just like any other enemy, and you can't really chase after them because 1. Inaros takes up too much room on the screen to actually see where people go, and 2. Inaros is too slow while spinning around like an idiot. 

His 4 is interesting. It doesn't appear to give a lot of armour, but that's fine because Inaros probably has enough effective health to make it work. Casting it on a group of enemies makes it spread and start eating enemies. Just cast it once on a large group and you can safely regain your armour while everyone dances in joy as their skin gets torn off and eggs are laid in their flesh. Once again there is the issue of players being able to kill the enemies, thus rendering your health regeneration moot. Coordination is required, it seems. 

So, the main issue is the fact that players can kill your delicious morsels while you are preparing them. Can't really be helped in the case of his Scarab Armour, the best thing you could do is to give it the EV treatment and let them release a health burst when they die. Devour could be fixed by making the enemy invulnerable to allied fire while being dragged and eaten. Making the health drain percentage based (perhaps as some sort of threshold once you reach a minimum damage) would be nice as well, to make it easier to spawn Sand Shadows at high levels. Additionally, the AI should be tweaked to make the Sand Shadows not hide behind cover, idem dito for Nekros, but preferably to run towards enemies. Sandstorm either needs scaling speed or a general speed buff because it currently feels like a mobile Undertow but with sand and messier. Devour-afflicted targets should hover around him for the duration of sandstorm because there is no point in the synergy if the enemies just keep on flying off into the sunset.

I think the bleedout think is mostly fine, it doesn't need to guarantee a revive. All it needs to do is make it easier for others to revive you. Just make it so that the bleedout mod that increases damage works on it, it would finally give it a niche.

EDIT: Another interesting Sandstorm synergy would be to let it spread scarabs from and to enemies. Not sure how balanced that would be though.

EDITEDIT: Or what about casting the scarabs on your Kubrow? A tad too cruel, perhaps? I've also got the feeling that the health gained from finishers needs to be toned down a bit, because it makes Dessication comparatively too good; there is no point in using other ways of health regeneration because you can easily just spam 1 and stun everything whilst stabbing them with a Covert Lethality dagger. Which is a pity because scarab swarms are way more fun. 

Edited by SmilingMad
Added some more feedback regarding Inaros' passive

13 hours ago, ADirtyMonk said:

snip

Was going to write a wall of text myself, you saved me the hassle. Pretty much spot on throughout the whole post, +1. 

One small suggestion I would add: #2 should have a combo discount similar to Landslide.  

Scarab Swarm's lifesteal doesn't affect pets or hostages. This really holds Inaros back from functioning in a support role, which he is otherwise very well-suited for.

Sandstorm needs a rework, as others have noted. The drain is way, way, way, way too high for an ability that just doesn't have a lot of utility or damage. Nearly everything Sandstorm does—CC, damage, mitigation—can be done at a much lower cost by any one of his other three abilities. The only thing the other abilities can't do is yank pickups, which isn't exactly a gamebreaker since (afaik) it only works for Inaros himself. And the ragdolling of enemies is annoying, especially since it seems to toss them out of devour range.

My take: reduce the initial cast to 25, reduce the drain to 5/s. Instead of instantly yanking and ragdolling, Sandstorm should slowly suck enemies into the center of the storm, dealing progressively more damage the closer the enemies are to the center. Make sure Inaros himself is transparent to friendly attacks (not sure if that's part of the ability already or not), so that the other players can make use of the CC to attack those caught in it. Any enemy killed while at the center of the storm will rise as a sand shadow, regardless of whether they died from the devour effect or not.

And while we're at it, here's an augment for Sandstorm:

Stripping Sands

Enemies affected by Sandstorm have a 2% / 5% / 10% chance per second to take a Corrosive proc.

Edited by motorfirebox

Got my Inaros to full rank and opt for Power Duration, Efficiency and Range build. Here's what I'd love to improve for his kit, with suggestions in point form.

Desiccation

Excellent 1st power. Fuels Inaros face-tanking playstyle and provides a degree of crowd control support for his team. I am content with this ability and deem no changes necessary from my perspective.

Devour

A powerful long-lasting single target stun. Very strong against elite units, especially to drag them from many distances away to be eaten at yours and allies' leisure. Invulnerability while feasting is a great respite option that your team can take advantage of. The only function that needs to be expanded on is the Sand Shadow.

• Any enemy currently being devoured by Inaros or his allies will create a Sand Shadow when killed by any source.
  • Enemies affected by Devour are pulled toward the eye of the storm when Inaros is using Sandstorm, rather than being flung all over the place. This allows Sand Shadows to spawn next to Inaros to defend him as he stops spinning, gives his allies an easier time to shoot and helps spread Scarab Swarm by clustering enemies in one spot.
  • Sand Shadows deal 200% damage to enemies affected by Desiccation and Scarab Swarm.
  • Scarab Swarm can be cast on Sand Shadows, allowing them to spread the swarm without suffering from its negative effects.

Sandstorm

A great path-clearing power that creates a zone of crowd control around Inaros. However, the high channeling cost and lower movement speed makes this a hefty investment; it almost makes Rage mod, Power Efficiency and Duration mandatory for liberal usage of this ability.

• Lower channeling cost from 10 energy to 5 energy per second.
  • Enable Bullet Jumping while Sandstorm is active, however it will temporarily stop the storm until Inaros lands.
  • Enemies affected by Scarab Swarm have their swarm spread range doubled from 5 meters to 10 meters while inside Sandstorm.

Scarab Swarm

A unique charge mechanic, the first of its kind in Warframe! Armor boost complements Inaros' tanking capability, and the scarabs have potential to lockdown a group of huddling enemies. The spread of these scarabs is crucial to maximize the crowd control power of this ultimate. I would capitalize on this trait by making it easier to spread the swarm en-masse.

• Scarab Swarm now homes in on its target. If the target dies while the swarm is en-route, a lingering cloud will stay where the target died and last for half the duration to continue spreading to nearby enemies.
  • Enemies affected by Devour and Scarab Swarm at the same time are eligible to spawn Sand Shadows when the hosts are killed by any source. The swarm will transfer to the Sand Shadow from the killed target for the swarm's remaining duration.

That's all for now. Time to go Forma this yummy mummy, he's fun, durable, and complex. A refreshing change from the press once kill/stun whole map frames. Keep up the good work Scott! Hope to see more improvements soon!

some feedback on skills and mechanics..

>>  Devour needs buff to usability ( minion conversion mechanics change).  it takes too long to convert enemies while also having no payoff, as the shadows are super weak.  Unrewarding skill.

Two directions for this mechanic: Either keep it hard to summon powerful sand shadows, or make it easy to summon many weak shadows

>>  Sand shadows need buff to either be way stronger(more scaling) or be super long lasting but weak( as they are now....sadly..)

>>  Sand storm movement speed and cast time is stupid slow.   Its mechanics are paradoxical to its purpose as a damage + convert marked enemy skill because the enemies hit are tossed out of range of your damage..... 

- If it is supposed to be an aoe conversion skill, then make it execute enemies at a percentage hp.  Also,

EITHER:  make the skill toss enemies but have high mobility, or  make it hold enemies in for constant damage

>>  Scarab armor  the armor bonus is nice, but the active is kind of overshadowed by dessication's superior castability, cost, blind multiplier, and burst heal.

A wide overview of his skill set

>>  he  has multiple redundant forms of CC without them having any real interaction with each other ( something to look at.  could make the stacking CC effects do something? or just change skill mechanics...)

>>  He has multiple redundant forms of heals ( why? probably better to drop something for room to add better mechanics)

Devour is easily ruined by allies killing or moving the target. The worst time I had with it was with a Mag on my team spamming Pull so much that I was never able to raise a minion.

I suggest:

- While Inaros is devouring an enemy, it shouldn't be possible for anyone to move the enemy.

- If an enemy dies to any source while Inaros is devouring it, the sand minion should be created.

Devour is a serious time commitment and it feels really bad to be denied of the minion by your own allies. Even companions can do it.

1 minute ago, Inmemoratus said:

I suggest:

- While Inaros is devouring an enemy, it shouldn't be possible for anyone to move the enemy.

- If an enemy dies to any source while Inaros is devouring it, the sand minion should be created.

Devour is a serious time commitment and it feels really bad to be denied of the minion by your own allies. Even companions can do it.

even if the usability gets fixed, the power level of minions is pretty low.  AND it's run by enemy level AI. sadface

Just now, hukurokuju5 said:

even if the usability gets fixed, the power level of minions is pretty low.  AND it's run by enemy level AI. sadface

I don't mind the minions being weak. Inaros has so much other stuff going for him. But if the minions are going to be there, they shouldn't be so painful to attempt to summon.

Most of his abilities are lacking real effectiveness and his big health seems more like a redeeming factor than feature.

-Desiccation, it's probably his best ability, but mostly because it works like a cheaper radial blind. This one ability pretty much can replace any CC the other abilities have. Making them more redundant from CC aspect.

-Devour, Sand shadow only can be used on low level when the damage is sufficient. But after that it can only be used as a single target cc or as a very slow hook.

My solution: Devour should be able to be used on enemies corpses. In return you lost any lifesteal, but you can still use it at higher level without relying on Inaros's ability damage.

-Sandstorm, it's just too slow. As cc, casting desiccation multiple times are probably better. As loot magnet, it's probably faster to just run around with Carrier. Its synergy with Devour doesn't really work because of the same reason.

My solution: Make it faster and debuffs enemies carried by it. Either by reducing their armors (it happens IRL) or by slowing them down (because their joints are full of sands) or both.

-Scarab Armor, it can double your armor, so it's definitely useful just for that. But its discharging attack also have the same issue as his other abilities. It's just too impractical and lacking any real effectiveness

My solution: Health reduction permanently reduces max health whenever it actives, but in return as long as it actives the discharging attack will works like Ember's World on Fire. It automatically attack a single target and pick a new target after target dies. For each 25% of health you sacrifice, you gain another scarab discharge that can attack additional enemies. 25% health = 1 discharge, 75% health =3 discharge. This should give the ability a proportional risk & rewards value.

Edited by Rekkou

The most awesome frame yet. Maybe a bit overpowered in some ways, but why not? The missions like "sortie" now become enjoyable (as they should be, I suppose). Of course if you, DE, not planned for us to burn our chairs in agony, because "that noob frames can't handle it". He feels like what you called the "endgame content".

My feedback on Inaros and his powers so far

Appearance - I really like the way he looks, especially with that Anubis helmet. It's glorious and I love the way that he's all twitchy and erratic it really fits his theme.

1 - Despite it being really fun to yell ''POCKET SAND" every time I use it I find this very similarly useful to Banshee's first. Some instant fast CC with not too bad range and lifesteal with stealth kills

2 - Devour - Despite it being really fun to make very questionable noises and yell dirty things about eating people while using it, I feel like the overall Devouring takes too long. Now there are pro's and con's to that. The longer it takes the more health you get, and for whatever reason you seem to be utterly invincible while actually devouring someone. However you're stuck in one spot that entire time and the sand clone it makes usually gets instakilled or killed by teammates while you're trying to eat them. An easy fix for the teammates killing them thing should be that if your teammates kill them you instantly finish devouring and get the clone

3 - I don't really like this power, the channel cost is ridiculous, often enough it's easier to just individually devour all the enemies as opposed to burn through my energy here

4 - I love this ability, it's so useful. The only things i would change about it is possibly making the base heal range a lot larger, and having  the active cast being more wide conical as opposed to a relative straight line or ''pill'' shaped. It's not impossible to get multiple enemies, but it requires a bit of lining up to hit the entire conga line (RIP Infested) 

Overall? I like him, he could use some work as all frames can as soon as they come out, but good work DE

Edited by LilLemay

Inaros seems like he's a few changes away from being a top-tier warframe.

First of all, his Desiccation is just about perfect. Low damage crowd control that sets up finishers and grants lifesteal on melee is really great for a first ability. Would suggest an Augment that allows any weapon damage to gain the lifesteal benefits.

His second ability is really the biggest flaw of his kit. I don't know if Devour can be salvaged or if it should just be replaced with something different. The single target disable and slow draining process really takes Inaros out of the thick of the fight. While it has pretty good life gains while draining, it's just ineffecient in the grand scheme of things. Sand Shadows aren't even particularly powerful and it's hard to amass very many of them before the older ones drop. Maybe an aoe quicksand pit that enemies can fall into as they walk over it would work out. A group drain of all enemies trapped inside (without increasing the lifesteal rate, I think the speed of regen is fine on this ability as is) and the ability to turn several enemies into sand copies of themselves would make it a service-able power. But in it's current state this is my biggest gripe.

Then there's Sandstorm, another problem with Inaros but more easily fixed. It's a CC power that cuts your speed in half and still leaves you vulnerable to damage. Conceptually it's fine, but the speed needs to be bumped up or it needs to grant damage immunity while in use. One more issue that I have with it is teammates have expressed difficulty in hitting enemies caught in the tornado, but I'm not sure if this can be solved due to the nature of the ability.

His ultimate, in my opinion, is about as well done as his first ability. Armor gain that stays unless dispersed for lifesteal and crowd control utility. Has form and function, does what it needs to. Not nearly as flashy as a lot of other warframe fourth abilities, but the rest of his kit gives him plenty of flair.

Another note is his revival passive. I haven't had issues with it so far, but other people seem to have difficulty really taking advantage of it. My suggestion would be to maybe put the passive on a cooldown after it revives, but make it revive you at a % of health based on how much was drained by the end of the duration. That would guarantee revival at the expense of making it less reliable in situations where you might go down in quick succession. Regardless, I'm fine with it's current implementation and just spitballing ideas. It's a neat little trick.

As a side note, I've noticed that one hidden little gem with Inaros seems to be Kubrows and their massive health pool. Not sure if that was considered when he was being designed, but I really enjoy bringing my Kubrow on a mission and seeing such a large health pool.

But overall, my opinions mirror that of what I've seen out of others here. 1 and 4 are nearly perfect, but 2 and 3 are too slow and cumbersome to use. Some small adjustments should make 3 fine, but 2 is certainly the biggest hurdle in his kit.

Desiccation - Good CC ability, very low damage and heal.It's fine for a #1 ability.

Devour - Very clunky to use, but can be a very very strong heal with high power strength. Impossible to kill/spawn sand shadows on high level enemies, so only good for healing and ranged CC at higher levels. At lower levels, sentinels often kill the enemy before you can devour it at all. 

Sandstorm - Either remove the 75 initial energy cost, or lower the 10eps cost of the ability. It shouldn't have both a 75 energy cost AND 10eps in addition to that, that's just too much. Can be a fun CC ability, but I find using #1 faster and more efficient, though I think the intention might be to combine devour with sandstorm to heal. Also you still take damage while using standstorm, which I think needs to be changed.

Scarab Armor - Apparently this ability does not scale off of Power Strength nor Armor mods, only increases armor by his flat base armor amount, so only ever 200 armor which is a bit disappointing. It should scale at least off power strength. I think the healing range should be the same as the casting range, often times you can cast it and never get any health back if the enemy isn't close, a problem when the ability costs so much health to charge. The cast range is twice as far as the heal can go, which I think is a bad design choice. 

Overall I think he was designed  a very tanky supportive frame with low damage, and I think he succeeds at that. 

Edited by weezedog

Another small suggestion for Devour to add to the pile: Make so that it does not affect the alertness of the enemy that is being pulled, but makes enemies in a radius (3-5 m) around him suspicious. Essentially, it should be possible to snatch a lone enemy and stealth kill him.  It would add a lot of sneaky utility and cool/fun factor to the frame.  

Edit: Apparently it already works like that, the Stealth Kill prompt is just overridden by Devour's. Please, keep it as it is.  

Edited by tisdfogg
Correction