Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #71 Overview

AM-Bunny

1 hour ago, AM-Bunny said:

It would be nice, but I think they did a great job with it overall. It would be interesting if they had a few different variations with different Warframes (everything else the same). Perhaps just a few like: Excalibur, Loki, Rhino, and Ember.

Oh yeah, it really is better than the 1st theme they released, one of the staff told me the original failed cert, so it looks like they've learned and improved upon it, and I'm very excited. The icons are just me nitpicking, b/c I'd really love some sweet custom icons, for my library, web browser, etc like World of Tanks made.

11 minutes ago, Melos-mevim said:

to be fair there are honestly frames more in need of an update than zephyr either because they are just in that bad of a condition, or they are that out dated, not saying that zephyr doesn't need some tweeks she does, but I think mag (who has been in a bad place fora very long time) and volt take priority considering both their age and how they are the first frames a new player would get and as things are now volt and mag are horribly out classed by excal

besides Scott said eventually all frames are getting reworked so I'm sure zephyr is on their radar

Zephyr only has 1 effective Ablitiy, just like Mag, yet they put so much frames up for rework above Zephyr.

Look at Valkyria before rework, she was normal with few problems.

Yet DE Puts Valkyria as a higher priority rework. It's dumb, not fair. Zephyr has a bullet jump extension, and Low range melee knockdown that cost energy, And A CC Ablitiy that used to be good until Inaros came out that has more damage, More range then all 4 combined, and you can control it, and that's his 3Rd Ablitiy. Her only ability that is effective is turbulence.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)abb12355 said:

Zephyr only has 1 effective Ablitiy, just like Mag, yet they put so much frames up for rework above Zephyr.

Yet DE Puts Valkyria as a higher priority rework. It's dumb, not fair. Zephyr has a bullet jump extension, and Low range melee knockdown that cost energy, And A CC Ablitiy that used to be good until Inaros came out that has more damage, More range then all 4 combined, and you can control it, and that's his 3Rd Ablitiy. Her only ability that is effective is turbulence.

I think they are going through the starters too. Excal > Mag > Volt before they go through the others. It's frustrating for sure, but they are thinking of new players. If the starter powers are terrible, players wont stick around.

7 minutes ago, TheGreatBB said:

I think they are going through the starters too. Excal > Mag > Volt before they go through the others. It's frustrating for sure, but they are thinking of new players. If the starter powers are terrible, players wont stick around.

Except, when they take as long as they do (1.5-2 months? between reworks), it stops being so important for "newer players". As it only takes a certain amount of time for a new player to feel like they want to get through the initial grinding (mods, slots, frames etc) or leave.

10 minutes ago, TGKazein said:

Except, when they take as long as they do (1.5-2 months? between reworks), it stops being so important for "newer players". As it only takes a certain amount of time for a new player to feel like they want to get through the initial grinding (mods, slots, frames etc) or leave.

Serious question. How long do you think it takes to rework something? Keep in mind they also have to work on new content for old players.

37 minutes ago, (PS4)abb12355 said:

and yet with turbulence she is an unstoppable force, I'm not saying that zephyr doesn't need some changes she does but there are other frames that take more priority for a list of reasons, age being one, valkyr system was dated compared to more recent frames/changes her ripline was in the same spot as valkyr's tail wind is now its too expensive of a skill to use when normal mobility is good enough, and valkyr's ult was locked in to that condition where as frames like Excalibur who has an ult that he can turn on and off at will out did her in usability, so valkyr DID need some changes it just so happens they were easier to make changes, zephyr its probably a harder frame to approach as they might not have an idea of what they want to do with her. I'm not excusing DE I am however saying I think the lack of any word on zephyr is not the existence of ignorance its more of a case that there are more pressing things than her just right now but she WILL eventually get reworked, its not a matter of IF, its a matter of when.

i'm kind of frustrated that they know there is alot of problems going on with the game but they wait until a huge update to give us these fixes.

they talked about how random it is to get stances and them wanting to make it less rng and that the changes are coming soon but nothing changed and that was like 3-4 dev stream ago. same for streamlining the fusion process, their minds are in the right place but they sure take their sweet time to make these simple changes.

i feel like they actively want me to stop playing their game until the next big update comes out, free 2 play games should be about wanting to keep us interested and invested in the game but i don't get that vibe from this game anymore.

1 hour ago, TheGreatBB said:

Serious question. How long do you think it takes to rework something? Keep in mind they also have to work on new content for old players.

I'll answer your question with another question. Who gets paid, has the time, and knows the inner mechanics to make reworks possible? How long do you think it would take for two, just two, people to sit down and have a discussion about a certain ability kit then take those planned changes to programmers and the graphic programmers (if it's a whole new ability)? I'm not a programmer nor a heavily educated person but, I feel that 1-2 months for a rework to pop out is freaking ridiculous.

Personally, I like to get into discussions with other players and post my ideas for ability and ability kit reworks. I've seen plenty of discussion and ideas to know that posters can come up with fun and practical builds without making them over(or under)-powered.

Edited by TGKazein

In terms of Volt, did he elaborate at all in terms of say, the changes to Electric Shield they said they would be re-implementing ASAP many months ago, or anything regarding his other abilities specifically? I know you're just giving an overview here, and I may have time to watch the whole thing at some point in the future, but I was just hoping to find out if there was much if any discussion on specifics on his plans for Volt besides Overload needing a serious overhaul? 

Thanks for the overview as always! 

Thxs Oracle bunny.

Hmmm... This rework, i can see a sayrn effect already.

I wonder how many people here run minimal dur on their mag? Because if its expanding bubble effect, like nova, i can imagine DE putting the same restictions as it as well, meaning dur will always be necessary for her :/

I'm hoping this is a needless worry.

And regards to zephyr rework, shes less in dire need of rework. Her 1st, 3rd and 4th are still useful.

Edited by 321agemo
forgot to say thxs.

7 hours ago, Machayna said:

I think you flipped two numbers there.  I thought it was 18.5.6.  PC isn't even on 18.6.5 yet.  Thanks for the summary.

That's weird. You're correct, it's 18.5.6, but when I went back to correct my post, it already says 18.5.6. You can see that my original post has never been edited. Thanks though XD

4 hours ago, N64Gamefreak said:

Did DE address the change in crafting requirements for Broken-War, or how those new crafting requirements would be better suited to building War?

Nope, wasn't mentioned.

4 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

In terms of Volt, did he elaborate at all in terms of say, the changes to Electric Shield they said they would be re-implementing ASAP many months ago, or anything regarding his other abilities specifically? I know you're just giving an overview here, and I may have time to watch the whole thing at some point in the future, but I was just hoping to find out if there was much if any discussion on specifics on his plans for Volt besides Overload needing a serious overhaul? 

Thanks for the overview as always! 

Scott mentioned that people are pretty polarized on their opinions of Volt. Some people want him radically overhauled, while some of his long-time fans want him to remain as he is. The largest point that's agreed upon by all players is that Overload needs some serious changes, so that's probably going to be the most affected power. In addition, his other powers may not be changed, but will be enhanced - given additional effects to improve synergy like some of the more recent power sets. That way Volts fans won't be completely alienated.

9 hours ago, Vasault said:

reworking frames is taking way too much time and it seems the changes aren't so big, like saryn for example, i wonder how many years it'll take to see a chroma rework

the hell do you want to rework? Just give SS the ignis treatment and a buff,also make it change elements midgame,oh and get affected by vex armor

Edited by (XB1)BURRITO DEVIL

8 hours ago, Melos-mevim said:

to be fair there are honestly frames more in need of an update than zephyr either because they are just in that bad of a condition, or they are that out dated, not saying that zephyr doesn't need some tweeks she does, but I think mag (who has been in a bad place fora very long time) and volt take priority considering both their age and how they are the first frames a new player would get and as things are now volt and mag are horribly out classed by excal

besides Scott said eventually all frames are getting reworked so I'm sure zephyr is on their radar

They are working on a skin for her. Expect a buff/rework before it hits.

I see no point of eximus enemies in Archwing when people mostly complain about the difficulty. They should instead be working on reasons for people to actually play it other than to farm for archwing weapons. Now there is just going to be an additional enemy type but still no reason to play it lol. When you gain more by playing things other than archwing and unless you like archwing enough to farm for archwing weapons, you really have no reason to play it when you can better farm for materials elsewhere.