Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tennogen on consoles and non-steam PC warframe Discussion

Does that fact that these come from steam prevent me, a ps4 player, from ever getting them?

By the way, an artist made a picture with the title "aleph" in it, found in google. I would like to congratulate the artist one, and two like to see it implemented as a frost or oberon ( or whatever the artist was going for) deluxe skin. Very impressive stuff.

A - There is no picture.

B - Consoles can't get the skins because the creators and steam (for providing the tools) wouldn't get credited or payed. So it's a matter of brokering a deal between Microsoft, Sony, and Steam. You can imagine how that is going to go.

C - Search for past threads.

Well, that is new ^. Just pasting the link quoted the OP of that thread.

B is wrong Postal_pat. Steam is not providing anything except the place where to put the files and managing the payments, all things that Ms and Sony already do with every DLC and micro transaction of every game and it's up to DE to give credits to the players even with the current system. I think the problem is that MS and Sony don't have a legal (contract solid) way to redirect the income of a single object to different bank accounts like Steam does because it was never considered as a possibility. Unless MS and Sony change that, DE can't sell anything that's not theirs (another reason why we don't have Plats purchasable tennogen items yet).... it's even more complicated than this if we want to go deeper.

Long story short, consoles are slow to change so it takes a long time to do anything.

On 2/27/2016 at 9:30 AM, -----LegioN----- said:

Totally agree, this makes a lot of sense given that OP is also thinking that Sony/MS will be kind and won't ask for a share of the money per sale too saying that their consoles are being used to play the game and thus they are entitled to ask for a share or simply refuse to accept tennogen items (in the same way they refused to migrate founder items, making any founder who migrated to console lose the items they had bought to support the game on its early stage. Same reason why consoles have different prime access prices to PC and have no access to platinum discounts)

Blame sony, MS and Valve. DE has stated they want to bring tennogen to consoles but they have to do a lot of work to fix certain issues first.

Btw, can I use said system to get some emerald / obsidian skins? I'd love getting them on PC too, and due to hoy "easy" you're fixing the issue, it should work inthe same way for any currently platform exclusive item. Why not making everyone happy now that we are on that?

Your comment is wrong in so many ways, For one its not just console players its also pc players without steam that want this to happen , De has said nothing about complications from microsoft or sony although that does not mean they don't exist .The complications will most likely be from steam because they were made and sold using it.

De refused all pc exclusive items not just founders stuff , Which was a good idea

Pc already has two sets of skins rubedo and phased for far better items,   

Lets all not play bash on the console players shall we?

Edited by (PS4)MakoPriest

2 hours ago, (PS4)MakoPriest said:

Your comment is wrong in so many ways, For one its not just console players its also pc players without steam that want this to happen, De has said nothing about complications from microsoft or sony although that does not mean they don't exist .The complications will most likely be from steam because they were made and sold using it.

Half agree here, before getting into negotiations with MS/Sony, DE has to work a way for Valve to release their content through other means without making none of the parts lose money, which was pointed in the same comment you were replying. Let me quote myself to show you.

On 27/2/2016 at 11:30 AM, -----LegioN----- said:

Blame sony, MS and Valve. DE has stated they want to bring tennogen to consoles but they have to do a lot of work to fix certain issues first.

This also means Non-steam PC players with more chances of getting these tennogen items simply because there are less barriers between them and tennogen (just valve, DE wants it to happen) than barriers for consoles (Valve has to agree to this release and then get to an agreement with both, Sony and MS before making steam tennogen items available on their platforms). As you said, the complications come from Valve (company that created Steam platform) but that is just the first wall DE has to go through. 

De refused all pc exclusive items not just founders stuff , Which was a good idea

I see no reason for DE to refuse to migrate items already owned by players. Not on their own. If you think about it a little [size=1]yeah, just a little[/size] there are more reasons for MS/Sony to refuse said items than for DE.

Pc Steam already has two sets of skins rubedo and phased for far better items.

Small fix. As you said before, non-steam pc players seem to be forgotten on all of this exclusivity business. And still Rubedo and Phased items quality is totally subjective, thus some players love them while others simply don't care about them.

Btw Steam has only those 2 sets (Rubedo: Rhino, Yamako, Drakgoon, Galatine, and maybe a secondary I can't remember. / Phased: Vauban, Asa, Vasto[?] And maybe a primary I can't remember) and no more of those have been released, while there are at least 7 renown packs on ps4, and 4 prestige packs on XB1, so talking about the items available on other platforms and you can't get doesn't look like a good argument. Saying that those are "far better" reminds me that the grass is always greener on the neighbor's yard.

Lets all not play bash on the console players shall we?

Really?

Spoiler

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Edited by -----LegioN-----
Edited for no reason

The main reason tennogen is currently PC-exclusive is due to the Steam Workshop. I'm not saying Workshop is preventing items from being sold on console, but it was basically the easiest and most-effective way to allow creators to earn payment for their items.

First, Workshop as a platform for content allows users to easily set up a showcase of their item as well as upload their content so DE can easily download and test items without having to ask the creator to send the files. With the SteamAPI, DE was able to create a tool(tennogen) that allows us to view, compile, and send our work to the workshop with no hassle whatsoever. Without this, DE would have to create their own host for files and images as well as create a voting system which, of course, would all take a long time to develop. Workshop is there and tested, saving a huge amount of work.

Second, Workshop as a monetization platform makes it easy for users to submit their tax info necessary to do business as well as keep track of the money they had made. Without it, every user would have to submit a W-9 tax form to DE's mailing address to be individually reviewed and approved. Filling out a W-9 form is tedious and mailing it can take days or even weeks, and then the waiting period to have it approved can extend into months. Workshop has all relevant tax info ready to be filled out and is instantly sent and approved within a business week. Workshop also performs bank-to-bank transfers, letting creators earn their money instantly at the end of the month rather than having to wait for a check to arrive in the mail that might get lost. 

Third, Workshop as a service was readily approved by Valve, letting us create content and earn money with incredible ease. To get the content onto consoles, Sony and Microsoft will have to sign similar agreements to allow third-party content to be sold on their platforms as well as letting the creators earn their share. Not only that, but if DE doesn't want to create their own infrastructure for dolling out cash then those companies will have to agree to send that money through Valve to be split between them, Valve, DE, and the creator which can get messy. If DE wanted to create their own infrastructure, they'd first have to get Sony and Microsoft to agree to Tennogen which could take months of paperwork, then DE would have to create their own system to send out payment to creators which can become complicated.

DE doesn't want these items to be PC-exclusive, but it will take huge amounts of work to get them to consoles if DE doesn't want to make sacrifices such as removing creator revenue or moving away from Steam Workshop. Just be patient and know that DE is already working towards getting tennogen to consoles.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Mr_MikeyDmason said:

I can understand. I'm just saying though, if that aleph picture on Google becomes a tenno Gen exclusive or oberon skins, I'm going to be one sad panda.

Don't worry, if DE got to turn a concept by themselves into a deluxe skin, it will be available to consoles as soon as possible. The issue comes only with tennogen items developed on every stage by players, submitted to DE via Steam, voted in Steam Workshop, and being given some final touches by DE before getting to game.

Sadly, if the image is a fan concept instead of a DE requested artwork to that artist (in this case Aleph) it might never become part of the game due to copyright issues (unless DE bought said rights to the artist) 

PD: I don't know what image you're talking about (it doesn't appear on OP) nor what kind of deal, if any exists, may DE have with Aleph, so I have no clue of the image you're talking about has any chance of getting to the game.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, (PS4)Swiggey said:

Oh god please I need those Chroma helmets! And if I'm to touch Mag's rework, I'm absolutely gonna need the Tennogen helmets cuz I can't stand her other ones, lol.

Rebeca made me jealous when she was showing off the Mag Rework with a Tennogen helmet even if we don't get Tennogen soon I still hope Mag has a Deluxe skin in the works as well to make up for it.

2 hours ago, DERebecca said:

It might still be a while yet - it's not quite as simple given the way royalties work but we're still working toward the original plan of making it possible!

Will it be also available for non steam players in PC?

With xbox now considering having an open network for cross platform play (even with a possibility of working with PSN) it may even mean working with steam as well... But we need details, i hope this also means i will eventually be able to link my xbox and PC accounts together at some point, and be able to play with my xbox friends while playing on PC. But like i said, we need details.