The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I've never seen anyone play Mesa

Sabrewolfe

All her abilities are terrible ... honestly ... such a good concept but the execution is so pitiful ... 

I wanted to pair my Dex Sybaris with the Mesa I created long ago and I was about to wipe off the dust gathering on her but then I realised she is a pathetic excuse for everything and anything.

Edited by Sabrewolfe

1 minute ago, S0V3REiGN said:

I don't very much like where she is right now but saying she is garbage doesn't really help in giving any useful feedback.

The useful feedback has already been given and regurgitated a thousand times by many different people on the forums, the subreddit, the wiki, even steam discussion forums ..

7 minutes ago, Misgenesis said:

Shooting Gallery and Shatter Shield are some of the better abilities in the game. Ballistic Battery and Peacemaker do their job well enough.

Shes far from garbage but needs tweaks.

Shatter Shield only serves well in low-level missions.

95% damage reduction is nothing at high levels, you'll still get one-shotted.

Shooting gallery is also unreliable.

Edited by Sabrewolfe

Shatter Shield is amazing on any non-infested mission, and even then a positive range Shooting Gallery makes up for that by stunning melee based enemies as well, I agree her 1st is pretty bad, and if Peacemaker scaled off of secondary mods it would be godlike, but its still pretty good for clearing trash at high levels. Shes far from garbage.

1 minute ago, Sabrewolfe said:

Shatter Shield only serves well in low-level missions.

95% damage reduction is nothing at high levels, you'll still get one-shotted.

Sorry for double post, but you will not, I can easily stand infront of 10 level 85 heavy gunners and be fine for a loooong time.

I play mesa, but I prefer zephyr or valkyr because of speed.

The only reason why I don't use her most of the time, is because she is similar to excailbur the most, since well, 3/4 of the abilties have the same function.

Edited by Magnulast
Added more things..

For me, she kinda has a bad damage to energy cost ratio. 

Trying to improve one or the other ends up rendering her kinda weak. She needs a balance pass, coz she was really undone by the efficiency/continuity tweak. So i wouldn't say she's pathetic, you just have to know the limitations of the build you build for her currently (for me, i can't keep her energy usage under control).

There are 41 frames (including primes), there will be times when you hardly see a certain frame.

Shooting Gallery and Shatter Shield are good abilities, use them together and she'll survive in high levels.

Edited by NekroArts

all her skills are just fine except for immobile pacemaker

make u able to move atleast slowly but any movement would be good. ivara slow movement when she is invisible perhaps?

and make pacemaker scale off pistol mods

aaaaand give shatter sheild half the dmg reduction it gives to ranged dmg. if ur's is 90% u reduce incoming melee dmg by 45%

that's all

goodnight ^^

Just a few quick conversational remarks about Mesa, particularly Peacemaker.

41 minutes ago, Venomzz0 said:

Shatter Shield is amazing on any non-infested mission, and even then a positive range Shooting Gallery makes up for that by stunning melee based enemies as well, I agree her 1st is pretty bad, and if Peacemaker scaled off of secondary mods it would be godlike, but its still pretty good for clearing trash at high levels. Shes far from garbage.

As Venomzz0 was points out 'and if Peacemaker scaled off of secondary mods it would be godlike'. I was recently discussing the fact that almost all other Warframe-unique weapon abilities (Exalted Blade, Hysteria, Artemis) scale with underlying weapon-type mods, and now we are prototyping Peacemaker to scale with Secondary Weapon Mods to possibly join the club. So stay tuned if this is a prototype that interests you!

Edit: Also cleaning up this thread a bit. A reminder that constructive remarks are best, and a thank you to those in the thread that worked to salvage constructive discourse.

Edited by DERebecca

1 minute ago, DERebecca said:

As Venomzz0 was points out 'and if Peacemaker scaled off of secondary mods it would be godlike'. I was recently discussing the fact that almost all other Warframe-unique weapon abilities (Exalted Blade, Hysteria, Artemis) scale with underlying weapon-type mods, and now we are prototyping Peacemaker to scale with Secondary Weapon Mods to possibly join the club. So stay tuned if this is a prototype that interests you!

No chance for Peacemaker to work like Artemis Bow or Exalted Blade I understand right? I think most people would like it if Mesa started to feel a bit more like those concepts -- especially since she already had in-built weapons in her design.

3 minutes ago, DERebecca said:

Why don't all warframes scale like this?

warframes like vauban, limbo, zephyr, etc... They are so lackluster compared to these "divine weapon" warframes

EDIT: understandably, if divine weapons were the only ult spread across all warframes, it'd be a bland game, but it can't be that hard to design a concept for individual warframes to have more engaging ult-play.

example: chroma has a sentry turret as his ult which drains energy faster than World on Fire... No engagement and even less effective.

Edited by Aura