Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I hate inventory slots

Mr.ToastForPresident

Although I do understand where you are coming from, 20pt isn't that bad in relativity. I don't like the slot thing, trust me. I also don't like a large amount of things, but the slot issue goes very low on the list of my concerns. (I've been playing for 2years and some change, and the slot problem never topped the list of things to be worried about.)

For those of you offended by opinions (wow), avoid clicking the spoiler.

Spoiler

If you were expecting a list of things I want changed, well... You wont find that anywhere, because this isn't my game to complain about. People who bother with tiny things (such as the recent weapon nerf, or the removal of something) need to stop. Be happy [DE] provides you with a game that is free to play, and NOT pay to win.

Are you kidding me right now? The "issue" of inventory slots isn't even a real problem. Take weapons, for example. Each slot is worth 6 platinum... 6! A middle school child could afford that much with a weekly allowance or setting up a lemonade stand. Setting up a pay pal or a credit card is a whole other ball game, and isn't the point. Honestly, coming from a guy who has played this game since Update 7, as well as having over 60 weapon slots, I think the price on the inventory slots is too cheap. Sure, you might think the void is inaccessible for newer players (I think you're overestimating it) but it's really not. If players will spend the platinum, they can walk the easy life. But if they choose to go at it penniless, they just chose a more time-consuming route, but the undeniable fact is they made the choice and they can have it all... minus certain vanity items.

DE has to make money too, you know.

1 hour ago, Maicael said:

They're a source of income for a company that is providing you a game that's not only free to play, but also free to obtain any equipment you want to try out. I played for over 2 years only using the standard number of slots and only increasing through event weapons given with free slot/catalyst.

If your friends actually enjoy the game enough to stick with it, then they can always support the game by buying Platinum and unlocking slots, even if they purchase it only when they get a 75% coupon.

Wouldn't it be better for people to support the game by buying platinum to spend on cool stuff? Like...I don't know, syandanas, warframe skins, weapon skins, alt helmets, armor sets, weapon accessories, noggles, landing craft skins, kubrow armor, color palettes- you get the idea. I get that Warframe didn't have a lot of those things in its early days; it was a smaller game, with a smaller player base, and had to reach for whatever it could get monetarily. (And, for what it's worth, DE was pretty good compared to most in that regard.) But now it does have those things, and let's face it, nobody's excited to pay money--even a little--to (temporarily) remove pre-existing restrictions.

So, yeah, it'd be nice if those went away. I'd love to be able to spend more platinum on actual items that do things for me, even if that thing is just look pretty.

Addendum: It's telling that one of the most common arguments in favor of inventory slots seems to be "come on, it's not that bad."

Edited by NinthAria

yes, that's an exact problem. and the Vidjya Game way to address it would be for Players to be able to get more of said Slots.

with Mastery Rank, you get more Loadout Profiles.... ending up with a s...load of them! but you don't get a single Warframe Slot, Weapon Slot, or in the hopeful future where we get more Mod Tabs (this is important too), they won't be able to ever get any more of that either.

meaning as ever, a Weapon slot every other Mastery Rank, a Warframe Slot every 5 Mastery Ranks - would go a long way.

- - - - - 

and again, you're completely correct. when Players don't have the options to have cool stuff AND the stuff that makes them win at everything - they'll choose the one that affects Gameplay most.
Players that don't toss money into the game or are capable of Trading (you'll find those that don't speak English or speak it poorly will have a very hard time) can't keep the stuff they think is cool, but also keep the powercreep bulls... they need to have.

no matter what anyone says out loud, almost every single person that plays Vidjya Games appreciates cosmetics or just goofing around. restricting Players from being able to do so, 'lowers morale'. whatever you want to call it.
this is a business ofcourse, can't just give away some of the monetization methods. but, rewarding Players that invest themselves with some more flexibility really doesn't hurt. and ofcourse letting anyone buy the flexibility.

In the current state I am going to have to disagree with this point. Back when I started you had to pay for revives if you got killed 4 times in  day. For a new player with no idea how to play dying 4 times in a day was not that uncommon.

I'm on XB1 so I'm not sure if PC has a prestige  pack type of deal or not but 4 10 bucks you get some kinda cool cosmetics and 175 plat. That is if your willing to go that route

. If you are  cheap skate you need to fully understand the weapon and warframe system and get the most for your 50 plat.

I can not side or feel for anyone that just rush's stuff or feels like they need everything as fast as possible and just blows the 50 plat on pointless stuff.

I know that within a months time of good playing you can earn enough plat to have a few different frames and 8-10 weapons. I know this because thats what I did. I didnt buy any plat until I knew that 18 months later I;d still be playing.

Edited by (XB1)BULLS 0N PAR4DE

This was brought up on daily basis back this game is still in closed beta and shortly into open beta.

DE Rebecca mentioned multiple times they would look into it, but never does anything.

I guess there are people in DE want to change this, but some does not.

And for people who say sell syndicate mod and corrupted mod, and rare void drops to buy slots.

You know what? There are thousands of people selling the same thing to a few people for a few plat to get a slots or two.

And once the item is obtained, no more is needed.

Dont mind if I take away more bread from you.

hqdefault.jpg

5 minutes ago, Niliam said:

You know what? There are thousands of people selling the same thing to a few people for a few plat to get a slots or two.

Which is odd because there are ALWAYS someone wanting a Sancti Tigris or a Rakta Cernos in Trading Chat.

Or.... you could just buy more slots.
The fact you complain about a free to play game trying to make money is making you look pretty petty.

ESPECIALLY considering the fact a user can simply farm prime parts - sell those prime parts in trade and get platinum which in turn can buy more slots.

27 minutes ago, Niliam said:

So you are saying no new players ever join the game to ask for this content again? 

Edited by xxswatelitexx

Considering how easy it is to get Plat, which is the cash shop currency, since it is tradeable (something I can't remember seeing in other games - usually only the cash shop items themselves are tradeable) everyone has a chance at a few more slots once they reach the point they can farm the first couple tiers of Tower missions.

Get some Prime gear, sell it in Trade, and voila. Inventory Slots.

There is always going be that one thing that is hard to resist buying in the cash shops of any free to play MMO game. The company developing the game wouldn't make any money if there wasn't. Other f2p games also frequently choose inventory or stashes/vaults as a method of limiting the player enough that they'll want to spend money without actually limiting the ability to play the game.

The issue with slots is that they by nature become less fair for entering players over time, because they do not scale at all excluding some events. Meanwhile everything else in the game constantly increases in number. This means that there's more demand for slots to the entering player the longer Warframe exists, especially since most of Warframe's update content IS a weapon or a warframe. Someone without slots essentially gets less to be excited for in the new content. 

I put in money for slots way back, and was happy to do it, but adding a few extra slots sprinkled throughout the mastery system would do loads to help warframe's first impression and new player retention and wouldn't really break the bank much.

I don't have a problem with slots, however, I do have a problem with the game not telling me about them. When I was starting playing I learned about slots from the wiki. There should be at least a window with basic information about how to handle the equipment (and the interface in general).

2 hours ago, xxswatelitexx said:

Or.... you could just buy more slots.
The fact you complain about a free to play game trying to make money is making you look pretty petty.

It is not the problem that I don't want to spend money on the game. My whole problem is that it restricts what I can or can not do. Have you ever talked to a new player before? They always talk about slots and how they have to revolve their whole entire gameplay around slots. Newer players don't have much to work with. They don't have enough keys to constantly farm the void, they don't have enough mods to continue into higher level missions, they don't have the mastery rank to trade a the syndicate primaries, and trading is something that is rarely mentioned to them at all. 

Is it selfish for me to think about some one else's problems, especially if I want to get them into the game and actually spend money on it? Am I greedy for wanting to spend my platinum on something else rather than slots? Is it wrong for my starting friends to keep both their beginning Mag and a Nova so they can vary up their gameplay and not get bored from having to stick with two warframes at the same time? You guys act like slots are the main driving force that keeps DE alive. And I assure you that slots aren't the reason why everyone wants to get platinum, but is more being forced to get more platinum.

You guys may be the luckiest guys in the world, being able to get fifty copies of the nikana prime and maxing out your syndicate rep to sell for hundreds of plat in the trade chat, but some of us are not so fortunate with RNG. If they were to remove slots or make them more readily accessible through crafting or other means, I doubt that DE headquarters would be forced to close their doors the next day. They will always have their cosmetics, the prime access and the steam workshop to give them money.

Oh, and "complaining" about something that is "free". I have spent money, time and effort in this game, so this game isn't really "free" in any real sense. Being "free" doesn't make anything immune to complaints. I may live in a "free" country, but if my free education is very :clem:'y then I would complain about it.

If I were to be honest - the slots are the only reason I even spend plats those days. And I can't be mad at DE for making me spend 16 (two slots) or 20 (one slot) each time when I feel like expanding. The price is relatively low and I am surprised that there is no scaling for it (like after "n" number of slots they become more expensive).
I am sorry, DE has many issues when it comes down to monetazation (50%+ of the market is not worthy, helmets and 150 plat for the landing segment are good examples) but the slots them self are not part of the issue.

I have felt that inventory slots are okay. They are fairly priced and you can get platinum via trading. You can also just buy some platinum and get plenty of inventory slots. Tbh, if a player is going into a F2P game, then they should expect something similar. Its not that bad compared to other F2P games. I have played some F2P games that doesn't let you chat with other players unless you pay $50 to upgrade. I don't think DE is asking too much. 

12 minutes ago, Ellthan said:

The company has enough income to not lock players away from such important features.

DE is making money from warframes, secondaries, melees, warframes, cosmetics for warframes, cosmetics for secondaries, cosmetics for melees, cosmetics for primaries, primed mods, event mods, potatoes, kubrow breeding, kubrow cosmetics, craft rushing, kubrow rushing, forma and other resources, grossly overpriced prime acceses, vault un-sealings and that's on one of the most popular games on steam, that is also outside steam, on xbone, on ps4 AND in china.

Nevermind how they sold out for 70million.

Or how they don't have server upkeep because all play is done p2p.

So, no. They by all means do NOT need slots to stay afloat.

Not by a longshot.

Nobody knows for sure how much money DE makes except DE themselves and they won't release that data. Its is not an unreasonable amount either. You get 50 starter platinum to spend on slots, you can get platinum via trading, or you can just buy 75 platinum for $5. Its not too much to ask. Like it or not, platinum bought is how this game stays afloat. 

Just now, Ellthan said:

We can reasonable assume that a top10 game on steam that is on china, ps4 and xbone is pulling in enough money. The beneift the doubpt only takes you so far.

Nevermind how it is comfirmed that they did in fact sell out 61% of the company to china for 73 million. So, yes, we can assume that they are making enough money to pull slots.

You don't know that for sure. Its not an argument since you don't know DE's expenses. Move on to another argument. 

DE needs to make money somehow. I agree that they need to charge platinum for some essentials in the game (although slots aren't even considered such). The more money they get means the better of a game we get. And I applaud DE for enabling you to play a game for free and becoming really good without having to spend a cent. 

15 hours ago, YasaiTsume said:

Idk man I have been selling Syndicate Mods and Weapons as well as Corrupted mods, and usually 2 mod sales could buy me 1 slot or so.

It's not that hard to sell stuff for 20p. 

Syndicate Weps is kinda a bad example when it comes to a new player making plat... they'd have to be at least MR8 and have the potatoes/prime parts to max a syndicate :/

"DE needs to make money somehow"

You mean that they don't sell cosmetics, rushing build times, color pallets, prime access's, and the such?

What, they do?

Well then, they do make money somehow, and that does not have to include slots at all.

And Archwing doesn't have slots, DOES THAT MEAN THAT DE IS LOSING MONEY ON ARCHWING?! Probably not.