The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Vault

Etherdrop

So I've been reading around the threads and I'm a little curious as to how things get vaulted. From what I understand it's a matter of old content being "vaulted" so that new content can have space for the void rng. As I kept reading it seems to me that everyone thinks that Loki is next to be vaulted, but from the way everyone sells Loki pretty cheap so yeah... Do you guys really think they'll vault an 80 - 120 plat warframe?

It's been based off of release date so far, and currently, Loki is the oldest Prime frame not in the vault. (Im pretty sure)

On that note, it's supposedly DE's excuse that the "Tower drop tables are too cluttered" so instead of balanceing drops out among all Tower keys & mission types.... Or actually do somthing with Orokin derelict missions. They just remove one update(s) worth of prime things and input a new set of them.

3 minutes ago, Etherdrop said:

That's pretty intense. So how do things get unvaulted? I mean I know Frost was available for a short time. How exactly does that work?

DE puts out a thread that goes like "Hey guys you can farm Frost or you can buy him in a special time-limited Unvault Access"!

Then you either farm him or you buy the Vault Access. Then you have Frost.

(Lasts roughly 1 month, happens in the last period of a Prime Access).

4 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

It's so they can sell you Vault Access packs for 60 bucks

This. And also to make sure people trade Vaulted items for 200-500p which drives platinum sales.

Lies about droptable clutters is actually kinda rude at this point. Derelict has droptable for survival and defense only. For example.

You don't seem to understand the point of vaulting a frame... OP. They don't care what people buy/sell for on the free market. To try to control that would be foolish of them and would only backlash. It's a stable community-made economy that works perfectly fine, there's no need to touch it. DE puts frames in the vault to make room for the next new frame... they vault them in order of release. Nothing more, nothing less.

1 hour ago, Sorrow-San said:

On that note, it's supposedly DE's excuse that the "Tower drop tables are too cluttered" so instead of balanceing drops out among all Tower keys & mission types.... Or actually do somthing with Orokin derelict missions. They just remove one update(s) worth of prime things and input a new set of them.

That is their excuse- and it works. Why? Because Starchart 3.0 (they actually showed a new WIP on steve's twitter recently) is going to change how the void works entirely and rebalance everything so it's not a complete mess and the clutter on drop tables will not be an issue anymore. That's part of the reason it's taking so long to finish. Right now they are just doing this until SC 3.0 is completed. After that we won't see any more prime vaulting (most likely).

TL;DR why bother rebalancing all the drops that are going to change in function anyways in an update coming SoonTM?

Edited by Stratego89

Well OP, like Schregger said, 

47 minutes ago, Schregger said:

Loki Prime is 80 -120 plat now. Once vaulted, watch as people triple or quadruple the price. I havent seen a Frost Prime sell for lower than 550 plat. 

For un-vaulting, I think thats just a thing they do for... reasons???

The price is gonna shoot up. So I recommend to you, to farm it's parts and then sell them off high later! :) It's what I'm gonna do.

why are we all worried about Loki getting Vaulted? Starchart 3.0 is supposed to fix the problem (hopefully). I'd still get the parts just in case, but I thought the Vault was going to be removed and all the primes set in places in the new Void.

if I'm wrong, then correct me, because I hate knowing the wrong information as much as you probably hate reading it.

Yeah, I never really expected DE to keep the vaulting/unvaulting system. Since we're beta they just wanted to rush us through stuff to see if it worked. They aren't really concerned with us grinding it out. I think this is why prime access exists. I highly doubt in the finished game that there's going to be a vault where new players can't get old gear. The devs are smart, we're just impatient mostly :/

39 minutes ago, Phatose said:

That's the current expectation, yes, but don't count on anything til it's in game.

Most likely ALL prime parts will be randomly available. So technically everything will be vaulted and unvaulted daily. And then people will complain that mission to get soma prime blueprint haven't appeared for 4 months straight because rng.

I'm not liking new star chart. Looks like a downgrade. 

2 hours ago, p_ar7hur said:

Bo Prime came out with Loki Prime, right? Does that mean Bo Prime will be vaulted next too?

And on that matter, any clues on what weapon might be unvaulted next? I'd love to see the Glaive Prime coming back.

First question: Yes, such has been the case so far.

Second Question: Check release dates on the individual primed items... However... It's likely the Mag is unvalted next, along with Boar prime and Dakra prime. However the one after that is Ember and she was released with Glave Prime.

22 hours ago, Sorrow-San said:

Second Question: Check release dates on the individual primed items... However... It's likely the Mag is unvalted next, along with Boar prime and Dakra prime. However the one after that is Ember and she was released with Glave Prime.

*shivers with anticipation*

Since no one mentioned it, I'll say it:

Vaulting things means exclusivity and is a way of "rewarding" older players or making them feel special, by not letting these things be available again. At least for a while anyway.
There are a few items you can no longer get which have a unique design or particular significance to a game, an example from World of Warcraft would be the corrupted Ashbringer, which was legitimately hard to get. People who carry a transmog with it are almost certainly veterans of the game who did exceptionally well at that point in the game.

It's a ballsy move for any company to make, because people will constantly bicker and moan about it from start to finish and only a very few will actually appreciate it.
Whether you agree or not to this method, it's certainly something you don't see it that many games today.

The thing I disagree with, however, is being able to sell parts after they've been vaulted or even "unvaulting" primes for that matter. It's a weird way of having your cake and eating it. You'll see some low'ish MR player with his newly gained prime ember or frost and boltor, leveling them alongside some non-crafted market weapon and the only difference between you and them is that they've paid their behind off for what they think is "omg best gear1!1!!". It cheapens the idea massively and should be remedied one way or the other, but that would create a fairly big outburst, which is understandable.