Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the most effective weapons to use with irnaros

(PSN)StrangeADDICTION

Question

22 answers to this question

The best melee weapon to use with Inaros is, no contest, any SINGLE Dagger with Covert Lethality equipped. Covert Lethality script-kills any enemy on a Stealth Finisher, so with Desiccation and a dagger you can delete even high level mobs in melee, and as a bonus heal equal to 25% of that mob's health.

As far as guns, Inaros' tankier-than-God stats and close-range abilities mean that you would probably do well with shotguns like the Tigris and continuous weapons like the Atomos, though I'd be leery of any launcher aside from the Tonkor since one bad rebound will probably still kill you.

Lesion with Shimmering Blight. Standard build; Pressure Point, Fury, two dual stats (usually corrosive), Primed Reach, Body Count, Weeping Wounds, Blood Rush.

Dessicate crowd. Initiate Shimmering Blight combo, don't attack in the middle of the jump animation, so you can get the maximum amount of non-finisher hits on blinded enemies. They'll take massive damage, along with multiple, beefed up slash procs. I can take down level 135 gunners in about 2-3 seconds with this. Just gotta be careful to watch you distance with Primed Reach so you don't initiate a finisher (does rather low damage). Bonus points for having quick front and back finishers.

Or any dagger with Covert Lethality. Infinitely scaling finishers, and Dessicate/Scarab Swarm/massive health pool keep you safe from burst and sustained DPS taking you down (even so, in a group, if you go down, simply have teammates kill stuff near you that you've tethered. Poof, you're alive!). Primaries and secondaries are personal choice.

For primary/secondary weapons, I think it's up to you. Vaykor weapons or weapons with Steel Meridian augments work well since the Justice proc restores some of Inaros' large health pool, increases your armor (very nice considering his lack of shields), and opens up nearby enemies to finishers, which pairs nicely with his passive.

For melee, though, daggers are arguably the best thing for him. Running daggers with Covert Lethality makes all finishers kill instantly regardless of health, which synergizes well with his Dessication (opens enemies up to finishers) and passive (gets health from lethal finishers).

ceramic dagger with covert lethality is what i use, the fastest dagger, has a speed of 1.30 with max fury on it and executes very quickly making health regen super easy, with a base health of around 4600 and each execute giving around the 900 mark of health regen, primary and secondary weapons are really your choice, theres no real frame specific benefit to using a particular weapon other than the melee that i have found

1 minute ago, Raniu said:

Any dagger with Covert Lethality! Ensures your health regeneration from melee stealth kills + arcane ultimatum proc (if present).

Further on that, by using Covert Lethality, which gives your dagger additive damage, it's actually better to use daggers that are faster but don't have as much damage. Since the mod just gives your dagger flat damage, the base amount doesn't matter, and attack speed affects Finishers.

A lot of people assume the Karyst is the best dagger, since it has the highest damage, but it's a bit slow compared to some other daggers as well.

Following this principle, the Ceramic Dagger should be the best dagger of choice, since it has the highest attack speed. Though, the Dark Dagger is actually considered the best, since it just has slightly slower attack speed, but has a syndicate mod adding status chance and a Viral explosion. It also looks better imo.

If you don't want to run CL dagger, I'd recommend a good hammer. Hammers get 6x stealth kill multiplier, and have very high per-hit damage to begin with, so steath kills with hammers hit like a sack of locomotives. And if you're not doing stealth kills, a good hammer still dishes out very solid DPS.

18 minutes ago, Raniu said:

Any dagger with Covert Lethality! Ensures your health regeneration from melee stealth kills + arcane ultimatum proc (if present).

17 minutes ago, Dreddeth said:

The best melee weapon to use with Inaros is, no contest, any SINGLE Dagger with Covert Lethality equipped. Covert Lethality script-kills any enemy on a Stealth Finisher, so with Desiccation and a dagger you can delete even high level mobs in melee, and as a bonus heal equal to 25% of that mob's health.

As far as guns, Inaros' tankier-than-God stats and close-range abilities mean that you would probably do well with shotguns like the Tigris and continuous weapons like the Atomos, though I'd be leery of any launcher aside from the Tonkor since one bad rebound will probably still kill you.

16 minutes ago, Vyrndragon said:

For primary/secondary weapons, I think it's up to you. Vaykor weapons or weapons with Steel Meridian augments work well since the Justice proc restores some of Inaros' large health pool, increases your armor (very nice considering his lack of shields), and opens up nearby enemies to finishers, which pairs nicely with his passive.

For melee, though, daggers are arguably the best thing for him. Running daggers with Covert Lethality makes all finishers kill instantly regardless of health, which synergizes well with his Dessication (opens enemies up to finishers) and passive (gets health from lethal finishers).

14 minutes ago, Romalic said:

ceramic dagger with covert lethality is what i use, the fastest dagger, has a speed of 1.30 with max fury on it and executes very quickly making health regen super easy, with a base health of around 4600 and each execute giving around the 900 mark of health regen, primary and secondary weapons are really your choice, theres no real frame specific benefit to using a particular weapon other than the melee that i have found

11 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Further on that, by using Covert Lethality, which gives your dagger additive damage, it's actually better to use daggers that are faster but don't have as much damage. Since the mod just gives your dagger flat damage, the base amount doesn't matter, and attack speed affects Finishers.

A lot of people assume the Karyst is the best dagger, since it has the highest damage, but it's a bit slow compared to some other daggers as well.

Following this principle, the Ceramic Dagger should be the best dagger of choice, since it has the highest attack speed. Though, the Dark Dagger is actually considered the best, since it just has slightly slower attack speed, but has a syndicate mod adding status chance and a Viral explosion. It also looks better imo.

5 minutes ago, Egg_Chen said:

Vaykor Hek or Marelok, as someone else said - Health regen, plus armor.

With a dagger on your back using Covert Lethality as well, you will be fine.

Seeing the pattern yet?

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

Thanks everyone who answered I actually love the lesion but it's not partially great at a end game level. I've tested the Karyst and it's great for finishers using his 1 I've lasted 75 mins in ods only died once trying to save a teammate lol I actually run steel charge with my aura giving my dagger extra damage. I'm leaning towards the dark dagger I run cl on it as well glimmering blight it unstoppable also I know some one mention arcane ultimatum but I run 2 set of arcane grace 

Edited by (PS4)StrangeADDICTION
Spell check

24 minutes ago, taiiat said:

XRpV3h6.png

congratulations, you've turned the entire game into a QTE. yay.

That is an old image from the out of date wiki page for this mod. It has changed and it is lethal damage on finishers not just stealth. Only time it does not count is on ground finishers.

I'd highly recommend any Dagger + Covert Lethality, as others have said. The synergy with his 1 is too good to pass up. And, if you want to go full duration blind cheese mode (ie: only do finishers), this is a funny build that works well:

http://warframe-builder.com/Melee_Weapons/Builder/Karyst/t_30_300000002_225-5-3-234-2-3-244-4-5-298-8-3-321-1-3-322-7-3-557-3-3-625-0-5-638-6-3_625-5-321-7-234-9-557-13-244-9-225-7-638-7-322-9-298-10/en/4-0-61

Basically, turn on channeling to get the benefits of Life Strike, Focused Defense, and Quickening, then go to town. Normal attacks are obviously terrible with that build, but you can get through finisher animations extremely quickly. Covert Lethality + Life Strike guarantees a full heal on finishers (assuming you're fighting high-level enemies), which is kinda ridiculous. And, of course, you don't have to use the Karyst, it's just what I clicked.

As for other weapons, I like using the Hek with Scattered Justice, it rips through pretty much anything and gives you a good heal from the Syndicate effect. I don't use secondaries very often, but I usually carry my Dex Furis (with Radiation) if there's nothing in particular that I want to use.

Edited by Ailith

Depends on the situation - if I'm facing the Corpus I tend to use a Winds of Purity Furis as my secondary. It doubles as a healing mechanism in addition to Nullifier pop ya collar. (As long as the Syndicate AoE won't be detrimental to my mission goals).

I prefer not to use Lifestrike on my melee weapons so that's another consideration for using the WoP Furis.

8 minutes ago, taiiat said:

thank you for for bothering to quote me and bother me about something unimportant, since Covert Lethality hasn't ever stopped working that way (despite it being changed to not to that once, it still does).
besides, most of the Mods in Warframe have incorrect or misleading Descriptions, so a Mod's description is always assumed to be.
the name of the Mod is all that's important.

i'm glad you took time out of your day to needlessly bother me. i love it when people do that.

I'm glad you took the time to needlessly come here and have a childish attitude because someone quoted your post and responded to that fact that the image was wrong/out of date. You are not the only one within this comment section who can now read that there is incorrect information. In the future if you don't want people to quote you or call out on something you post I suggest you just don't post at all and not waste everyone's time. 

while dagger with covert lethality shouldn't suprise anyone at this point, I'd go with slightly more detailed answer:

dark dagger. While rage alone should keep your energy bar fillded, syndicate proc will help a bit. Modding it with weeping wounds and blast+electric coupled with base radiation dmg and no ips can save your bacon if you'll run out of energy (status chance is still small in this scenario, but it's far from non-existent).
Karyst with it's high base status should be self explanatory in light of previous point. Though, it bears ips dmg so you can get one of non-cc status proc.
Ceramic dagger is indeed fastest of daggers family, so it's finishers are also swift.
Sheev... According to something that I've red somewhere it's finishers should deal aoe dmg, but I failed to notice it (though I didn't do any extensive testing. Just ran with it during one of sortie missions). But hey, it's pretty! (in it's weird own way when you start to think of it as of chibi hatchet)

So, after all, any dagger will do as long as it has CL slapped on.

1 hour ago, DogManDan said:

-snip-

thank you for for bothering to quote me and bother me about something unimportant, since Covert Lethality hasn't ever stopped working that way (despite it being changed to not to that once, it still does).
besides, most of the Mods in Warframe have incorrect or misleading Descriptions, so a Mod's description is always assumed to be.
the name of the Mod is all that's important.

i'm glad you took time out of your day to needlessly bother me. i love it when people do that.

Edit:
but it's okay. i've fixed the problem. now contains one entry. (actually i could've sworn i did this once before, but Forum update probably broke that.)

km5n72T.png

Edited by taiiat