Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why I refuse to play this game solo anymore

(PSN)Alphonso-Alonso

Once again, reiterating this because while I think a lot of frustrations with Warframe can be attributed to being burned out. That's what happened to alot of us console players when we went 2+ months without new content while watching PC and devstreams pass us by week after week. As of late I'm having genuine trouble picking this game back up for more than ~20 minutes at a time for the following reasons:

RAMPARTS. 

I've said my piece about Ramparts time and time again only because I know they've been a recurring topic to which most people roll their eyes at because they play in teams or have the luck to not have these bullet sponges spawn in frequently:

• They aren't fun to fight. You kill the pilot but the #@*&$@ remains and is such a bullet sponge that you can't readily destroy it so you end up having to baby sit the wretched thing so other enemies don't hop into it and kill you with it's DPS/DoT/Pre-fire bullS#&$.
  • Babysitting a turret is as fun as a kidney stone.
  • When you want to use them against the enemy as payback the "mounting" animation takes far too long so that you can get sniped/shotgunned very quickly as you are... climbing "into" the apparatus. 
  • While the DPS/DoT/Pre-fire can punish the living S#&$ out of you for even considering logging in for that day, they seem to not do too much damage to enemies themselves. It's as though the bullets have some sort of failsafe that detects Tenno rift energy and actually reduces the damage output just long enough for the intruding Warframe to be shot dead while trying to take out a single enemy.

STUN-LOCKING, GRAPPLING HOOKING, CHEAP ENEMY BULLS#&$

• This is a game that has carved it's own niche for having a very flighty, graceful movement system, yet many times we are robbed of that unique ability for the most trivial of reasons. You mean to tell me a hulking Rhino can be downed by a grappling hook from a level 1 grineer scorpion? This is such garbage.

THE ANTI-FUN EQUATION EXISTS: HACKING MINI-GAME + BULLET SPONGE = ME NEVER TOUCHING CORPUS MISSIONS FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE

• The hacking mini-game is outdated and not fun. If I am so worried about friends running ahead of me during a mission that I'd need the game system to referee their pace just to accomodate my own priorities- I'd rathe find new friends than subject them to this hacking mini-game. It literally takes you out of the parts of the game you'd rather be participating in. It's like the Lotus is telling you "You've done too much cool S#&$- now suffer the consequences and think about how terrible a human being you are so you never do cool S#&$ again!!!"
  • Bursas- what in the actual F***?!
  • When we combine these two to form Voltron- the result isn't an awesome experience sorely lacking in today's Cartoon line-up but instead a resolution that we can avoid entirely by never setting foot on Corpus maps again. An extreme measure on my part for sure, but I guarantee you I'm not the only person who's sworn off of these maps.

---

I dunno. I used to love Warframe and would play it for hours and hours without any hint of exhaustion, but lately it's like the little quirks and annoyances have eclipsed the truly epic features of the game itself.

honestly for ramparts i think the enemies turn speed should be turned down so you can get behind it thats about it they never bugged me that much even in solo play unless its the sortie 

also unless your in sorties cyphers cyphers cyphers for hacking

Bursas are a joke now idk why people still have trouble with them....

giphy.gif

Edited by hazerddex

You need a hug. I have none to give, because I'm an anti-social Solo Player, but I wave cheerily at you from a great distance and hope you get a hug regardless. 

That being said, I hate those hook line Ancients sooooo much that I actually take the time to shotgun them into giblets long after they're dead. Freaking Nova Systems. 

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

3 minutes ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

You need a hug. I have none to give, because I'm an anti-social Solo Player, but I wave cheerily at you from a great distance and hope you get a hug regardless. 

That being said, I hate those hook line Ancients sooooo much that I actually take the time to shotgun them into giblets long after their dead. Freaking Nova Systems. 

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/34103217860048564/783151E6717762401C4870D6331E28DF4A36287C/[/img] hooks what hooks?

Edited by hazerddex

there's some issues with Ramparts in some situations, prefiring can definitely be one of them, and i understand that the mounting animation is quite slow.

but uh - only very, very bad Video Games use 'Levels' in a way where if you are 'higher Level' than an Enemy that it's CC and other aspects suddenly bounce off of you for no reason. good Video Games don't do that.

Hacking is not a big deal, on all platforms there's plenty of people perfectly capable of completing each in a few seconds or using Ciphers if they're too lazy to practice the simple mental test.

Bursa's, like Ramparts, can be problematic pending situation, but fundamentally isn't much wrong with them (other than most of their Abilities having been removed already.... most of the cool ones too...).

31 minutes ago, hazerddex said:

honestly for ramparts i think the enemies turn speed should be turned down so you can get behind it thats about it they never bugged me that much even in solo play unless its the sortie 

also unless your in sorties cyphers cyphers cyphers for hacking

MK6QUiD.gif

:D

Honestly, as an exclusively solo player, I feel none of this. I mean, I dislike the hacking mini-games, but that's only because I have to stop shooting stuff for the duration, short as it may be. 

Ramparts have zero vertical movement. A bullet jump, or even a double jump, can likely take you out of the line of fire. When you kill the operator and surrounding enemies, bullet jump away and aggro out of sight of the rampart. They won't use it unless it's easily accessible and it has LoS. Picking fights away from them saves a lot of grief if they give you trouble, an it's always an option to just move. 

Grappling. I hate getting grappled. I admit it sucks, but it's not hard to avoid. In levels you know they spawn, be mindful of their presence, especially the high-level Ancients. Nothing to really counter it except for just looking out and smart play. That or completely obliterating everything in proximity of you indiscriminately.

Bursas were nerfed unnecessarily, though they were (and still are) tough to kill. I have a ton more trouble with Manics than Bursas, though. I find them to be an incentive to pay attention to the alarms or alerting enemies. 

Some of that stuff can be irritating, but I see no reason it should ruin your experience. 

1 hour ago, hazerddex said:

hqdefault.jpg

you can jump those easly and they pause before doing it  also why is your saryns hp so low? also molt use it

Saryn spore build :)

Was testing bursas how they behave. And when you compare to a shock moa, the reaction time is pretty short to counter the shock waves specially if they go rampage with adhd shock bursts. Thought I knew it was coming but I stayed there just to see what happens on that choke point. And usually in choke points of tilesets it's pretty hard to deal them when they reverse their backs against a corner. I've been seeing few times their AI going nuts while they get stuck under stairs or to the wall or a slope/step near wall. Sometimes they can spawn on weird locations that renders a dummy AI. For example with U 18.9.0 you can get similar effect as this (from previous sortie mission- we teleported the defense target to one rock and grineer lost their mind):

U5Bbi9n.gif
http://i.imgur.com/U5Bbi9n.gifv

The best strategy to deal bursas is to bring them to an area which favors your play style. Thought to be constructive I recognize the issues with Corpus - they are pretty exhausting fraction on a long run.  And the bursas - their quality varies a-lot. Sometimes a lvl 80 bursa is easier to deal with than lvl 30 bursa. You might call them as being buggy. But they have some issues that I cannot point with a finger - I'm not a game developer. Usually when you are doing some other mission than extermination they are ok cause you just run over them. On extermination mission if you let the alarms be you soon start to see lvl 70+ bursas. Every wave brings higher tier bursa and if you keep going you will be outrun by them while killing speed gets gradually slower while the challenge rises.

Atm. I'm pretty tired for Grineer fraction due the AI problems that renders missions extremely frustrating. And these are not related to internet lag.

Btw. Real men don't jump :)

Spoiler

Lvl 64 pre nerf Bursa (sentinel coolant leak)
dl8QJ6s.gif

Pre nerf bursa: (mag)
gblgY22.gif

Pre nerf bursa (bringing fight to an area that is more favorable to me).
OhxzK5W.gif

Edited by carnaga

3 hours ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

Bursas were nerfed unnecessarily, though they were (and still are) tough to kill. I have a ton more trouble with Manics than Bursas, though. I find them to be an incentive to pay attention to the alarms or alerting enemies. 

Manics? Harder then Bursa?....Since when? Whhaaa....? I literally have to just stand still for the manics to attack me, other wise, they just float around in a blur until I decide to kill them....

See, now I'm doing it too....it's spreading, the elitism...:(((

1 minute ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Manics? Harder then Bursa?....Since when? Whhaaa....? I literally have to just stand still for the manics to attack me, other wise, they just float around in a blur until I decide to kill them....

See, now I'm doing it too....it's spreading, the elitism...:(((

Yeah, they have a tendency to run around me while I'm distracted and tackle me. They generally insta-kill me. I can run around a Bursa and shoot it in the back, but Manics are faster. It's just my specific weakness. 

Don't like hacking minigames that takes 5 seconds? Drop an Air support charge and let Ordis hack for you. Bursa's are childs play and for Ramparts you need to choose your battlefield better, nobody said you had to fight near the big spammy gun and even if you do, they can be destroyed or easily avoided. As for hooks, ancients in particular are really easy to dodge, scorpions slightly harder but still very easy to avoid, just fake one way and strafe the other as they're about to go into the animation or simply melee block it entirely.

8 hours ago, hazerddex said:

giphy.gif

What is that? A Chroma? Yeah, people are so stupid that don't use him, nova or mirage in every misssion there can be a bursa. That's not to mention majority of problems comes from the Isolator one. Or just from the mission where more than 2 can spawn at the same time,

Also, they're not a big problem in missions like exterminate but for sortie interception (lvl 80 with elemental resistance cause why not we should suffer - and I freaking hate this condition because not nearly enough good impact weapons and none that can be called aoe for that sort of thing) or excavation it's just %$3^&! 

frost`s 1 is stupidly good against bursas, i know not everyone wants to accept it, but bursas are balanced and as they spawn only a high level content the player should be ready to face em as a elite unit even if all that takes is a couple of shots in the back with the right weapon

You just need to commit to one weapon that can do a massive amount of damage to eliminate the enemies that cause problems in a drawn out battle. Always keep that weapon with you. I know it sucks, but I have been killed countless times by Stalker because he only seems to show up when I have a S#&$ primary equipped and I cannot do enough damage to kill him. 

I do, however, understand the frustration of having the feeling of being punished when trying to get used to new weapons/frames either leveling or just getting the feel. 

Edited by (XB1)CitrusTheNile

I think you mean to say that the game is unfair to play when you are solo. If so, then no, it's not. It's a breeze to play and the frustrations are minor at best for a hardened player. With the new OP stuff lately, the very hard solo point got now to like 1h 30 in survivals, when it was like 1h a while ago.

Edited by -BM-Leonhart

I play solo almost continuously myself. 

Ramparts are avoidable, bullet jump over them and aim glide firing into the mob. Use a bow it passes right through the front plate and kills the mob dread will destroy the gun as well as killing the mob. 

Bursa is almost trivial now. any number of frames powers can nullify a bursa giving you ample opportunity to kill it. 

grappling mobs are easily identifiable and logically if given choice should be the target focus when they appear. dodge/roll/bulletjump all three will get you swiftly out of the range of the grapple and shooting it in the head does wonders. 

Hacking puzzles are simplistic and easily the most non consequential element of any of the missions. I personally think the mobs lock doors far to often and hide way to much and should be more aggressive in their efforts to stop the tenno from proceeding forward, but locking doors is not effective and simply bothersome. How ever the hack puzzles aren't really a problem, ciphers are your friend.

No, high level corpus runs aren't the easy cheesy they used to be, and thats good. Higher level content isn't supposed to be easy. 

2 minutes ago, Babellon said:

I play solo almost continuously myself. 

Ramparts are avoidable, bullet jump over them and aim glide firing into the mob. Use a bow it passes right through the front plate and kills the mob dread will destroy the gun as well as killing the mob. 

Bursa is almost trivial now. any number of frames powers can nullify a bursa giving you ample opportunity to kill it. 

grappling mobs are easily identifiable and logically if given choice should be the target focus when they appear. dodge/roll/bulletjump all three will get you swiftly out of the range of the grapple and shooting it in the head does wonders. 

Hacking puzzles are simplistic and easily the most non consequential element of any of the missions. I personally think the mobs lock doors far to often and hide way to much and should be more aggressive in their efforts to stop the tenno from proceeding forward, but locking doors is not effective and simply bothersome. How ever the hack puzzles aren't really a problem, ciphers are your friend.

No, high level corpus runs aren't the easy cheesy they used to be, and thats good. Higher level content isn't supposed to be easy. 

i agree with everything in this. the only issues i have with hacking is ive done it so much i just use ciphers now but sortie forces you to hack. i put in my 6k+ hacks im so done with hacking. 

xA6yFlN.jpg

1 hour ago, EinheriarJudith said:

no shield or health mods? you deserved to die to that bursa.

He/she did have quick thinking though, and that bursa only had one moa helping it damage. You could easily be stunned like that with multiple enemys around, or get dragged though a death field or three. For example he/she could have been grappled a second earlier and the scrambus/comba thingo would have been still around.

Yes people generally have more effective HP than that, but often their taking damage even faster too.

5 minutes ago, Magneu said:

My big issues are (a) Bursa spawning logic, I've seen them drop from midair in front of me, and (b) how Ramparts scale with enemy level. a Sortie 3 Rampart is a death sentence.

I love when I go in with a fully modded. (but not crit based) weapon and try to shoot a rampart that has scaled up to the lvl 100 grineer that are entering the room. It takes me back to those wonderful days when I rocked an unmodded mk1 braton at mastery rank 1, trying to kill the Jackal when my mastery rank 8 friend was in the room tI "help". Both are about equal in effectiveness.

the grapple if you look closely takes half the shields off on contact and its the same thing with  grineers shield lancer hitting or touching you with their shield. and for how DE has made the frames shields weak by default because for some reason tenno cant acquire better tech from all the hacking and sabotage they done  whilst their enemies are light years ahead in every dept<< tell me again about balance>> yeah thought so.

its time warframe evolved into a choice of difficulty game where the player chooses hard or easy mode.  hard being for the balance crew who wants or feels like its challenging and easy for those who just wants to enjoy the game without the cheap overly and unneccesarily done enemies like bursas  napalms and scorches nullifiers etc.

that way everybody is happy>. you like the bursa and the bullet sponges fine the hard level is for you>> you want to just grab any weapon you like and play for fun then the easy strip down level without the bs is for you.