Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How far in the future does warframe take place?

(PSN)drollive96

It is never said when this game takes place and that has always intrigued me. i know it isn't millions of years in the future because all of the continents on earth are the same as today. but im assuming its at least 1000 years in the future given how long it would take to terra form  all the planets (mars and venus seem to have breathable atmospheres and plant life). anyone have any ideas or theories?

10 minutes ago, Lord_Impaler said:

this game takes place every night after i get home from work and eat dinner :)

Lmfao the game takes place on the weekend when I don't have to wake up early for school 

Edited by tennorod

15 minutes ago, (PS4)drollive96 said:

It is never said when this game takes place and that has always intrigued me. i know it isn't millions of years in the future because all of the continents on earth are the same as today. but im assuming its at least 1000 years in the future given how long it would take to terra form  all the planets (mars and venus seem to have breathable atmospheres and plant life). anyone have any ideas or theories?

Why does it have to be in the future?
It was never said Warframe takes place in our universe.

4 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Where was that ever stated?
Warframe is a homage to Dark Sector. That's all.

Pretty much. No way of telling at all how far in the future. I thinks its fascinating how there are still influences and references to what we currently call ancient civilizations.

33 minutes ago, direcyphre said:

So far in the future that... time is meaningless.

It's not meaningless. Depending on how much time has passed Sedna's distance from the sun can vary between 75 and 940 astronomical units.

5 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Warframe is a homage to Dark Sector. That's all.

I remember them giving that number as a rough estimate in a very early devstream.

Just now, AuroraSonicBoom said:

I remember them giving that number as a rough estimate in a very early devstream.

No source = never happened.
And again: Why do you guys think it even takes place in the future. It could even take place in the past in a whole different universe. The names of the planets are just a coincidence, or better: It was way easier for DE to take names for the planets that already existed...

5 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

And again: Why do you guys think it even takes place in the future. It could even take place in the past in a whole different universe. The names of the planets are just a coincidence, or better: It was way easier for DE to take names for the planets that already existed...

I think its easier to just assume it is the same universe but its not like there's a lot of relevant history except for what DE has made up for future events (future in our time, past in the warframe universe). Its a non issue

Edited by Plushy

Just now, WhiteMarker said:

Calm your teats, bucko. And no, its better for them to actually take some time and make sure the places in their universe are modeled after the real planets and places with some degree of realism and authenticity. Speaking of discrepancies from reality, there's still the issue of Tau's sun not shining in the correct light according to one of the codex entries. Nothing a retcon can't fix, but I hope it's just a mystery hint they've planted intentionally.

16 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

yes.
i don't store the internet on my computer though, so i couldn't tell you exactly which DevStream Steve was talking about relations to Dark Sector(but would have been before #29). but clearly stated that is canonish and takes place 1000-2000 yrs ahead, to point that they're kind've sort've related but they are not directly tied to each other.