Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, how about adding an additional "Prime Gold" color instead of destroying our color schemes?

Stoner

Title, it's that simple. You did it with loki prime, completely messed up my colors by adding PBR. Now you did it once again but with Ember Prime. You simply have to add an additional category for the prime color... It might be a little bit more complicated but still, it's annoying as hell. DE, please do something about it.

giphy.gif

As i can see, you also messed up Excal prime and Nyx prime. Nice one here...

Pictures...

Spoiler

Jw8mVfx.jpg

nLcYFtP.jpg

Edited by Stoner74

It is not just the gold, the PBR skin looks like it has some sort of filter over it, making the colours look much more washed out and less vibrant.

9K9mWwY.jpg

M4WWg8i.jpg

Same color on the feet and joints where the arms connect as well as the lower part of the legs, however in pbr the color looks washed out and flat(might be a issue with the reflection map). I would also say that I did prefer the old gold over the pbr one.

Edit:

To clarify, The main body part, parts of the arms and the upper legs that got the new bump mapping texture mesh look all right(even if I prefer the seamless look of the original and immortal skin). It is about the parts that don't have the new effect that look odd and appear in a flatter, slightly darker colour then before. I never seen the issue with Mags Immortal skin, however on Mag everything got that glossy bump map(like if the hole frame would be covered in lip gloss) what even if you don't like it(I actually do) does not make some parts look off in the colour scheme even if they are coloured exactly the same colour.

Edited by Djego27

I don't really mind being able to color the gold, but I'm rather upset about it sharing a slot with a very noticeable section of the Immortal skin. We're talking a good third of the 'frame here. My choices are change the color scheme that I've been using for the past two years, or stop using the skin I paid for.

Edited by Zetrein

11 hours ago, Zetrein said:

I don't really mind being able to color the gold, but I'm rather upset about it sharing a slot with a very noticeable section of the Immortal skin. We're talking a good third of the 'frame here. My choices are change the color scheme that I've been using for the past two years, or stop using the skin I paid for.

+1 Can we please have a separate slot to colour the gold?

Edited by Djego27

5 hours ago, Zetrein said:

So much this.

I've been maining Nyx Prime since she came out, was using Immortal skin about 90% of that time. And now... RIP my Fashionframe.

10 hours ago, Zetrein said:

Yeppp. They're fusing 2 colors together to make space for the gold. Well, fusing the gold with a color.. 

7 hours ago, EvilChaosKnight said:

So much this.

I've been maining Nyx Prime since she came out, was using Immortal skin about 90% of that time. And now... RIP my Fashionframe.

As someone who's been using Nyx's Immortal skin since it came out, I feel your pain...

Edited by Ailith

To DE and whoever is responsible for PBR treatment: whas it necessary to wreck color costumization again? all old skins had a separtate channel for the gold, give us the ability to modify that instead of messing around with dubious results...

Edited by Ikusias
moderated the tone of the post

On 4/30/2016 at 6:05 PM, RealPandemonium said:

Gonna mindlessly +1 this since that seems to get results.  PBR changes are not altogether good and are forced on us without our blessing.  

Forced is probably the best word to use for this. I miss my super cool Ember p already...

On April 30, 2016 at 3:05 PM, Combustionsquirrel said:

What are you going to do now? PBR the void so the gold randomly changes color?

They actually already PBR'd the void. It looks way nicer now. The gold actually looks like metal. 

On 30/04/2016 at 7:55 AM, Djego27 said:

It is not just the gold, the PBR skin looks like it has some sort of filter over it, making the colours look much more washed out and less vibrant.

9K9mWwY.jpg

M4WWg8i.jpg

Same color on the feet and joints where the arms connect as well as the lower part of the legs, however in pbr the color looks washed out and flat(might be a issue with the reflection map). I would also say that I did prefer the old gold over the pbr one.

Edit:

To clarify, The main body part, parts of the arms and the upper legs that got the new bump mapping texture mesh look all right(even if I prefer the seamless look of the original and immortal skin). It is about the parts that don't have the new effect that look odd and appear in a flatter, slightly darker colour then before. I never seen the issue with Mags Immortal skin, however on Mag everything got that glossy bump map(like if the hole frame would be covered in lip gloss) what even if you don't like it(I actually do) does not make some parts look off in the colour scheme even if they are coloured exactly the same colour.

This is driving me insane, and had to switch Ember from all black to all white just because black looks grey on the shoulders and feet...but seems to have random effects on different colors...I complained about it, no on even cared to answer <.<

Speaking as someone who frequently plays (read: most used frame in almost 1400 hours) Ember Prime:
I loved the PBR.

The PBRs have been pretty good in general so far.  The "metal" was glorified plastic beforehand, and the primed gold looked like a golden mirror.  Now, we have metallic metals, leathery leathers, cloth...(y?) cloth, and prime gold looks like gold, y'know?

Edited by Dogefighter

3 minutes ago, Dogefighter said:

Speaking as someone who frequently plays (read: most used frame in almost 1400 hours) Ember Prime:
I loved the PBR.  I think they did an excellent job.

And the PBRs have been good in general so far.  The "metal" was glorified plastic beforehand, and the primed gold looked like a glorified golden mirror.  Now, we have metallic metals, leathery leathers, clothy cloth, and prime gold looks like gold.

Although I do think a separate slot for the gold itself wold be good.

1 hour ago, Nachino said:

I don't see why it would be bad (One more color tint on the right).

3q80cV9.jpg?1

Nice photoshop right there :P 

I can't find any negative points to this. Simply add a color slot. 

There was a topic like this awhile ago when loki prime pbr came out and basically messed up a few people's loadout. Though no particular thing came about at the end of it.

Personally i would like a seperate tab for gold or even just a switch that lets me toggle colouring gold bits or not.