Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons we have yet to see.

WARLOCKE

Just now, TARINunit9 said:

Vaykor Hek

From what I heard, the Vaykor Hek requires most, if not all, Crit mods to be equipped to surpass the standard Hek with Scattered Justice and, even then, it's only slightly more powerful. Hard to say it's an effective crit weapon at that point. :\

6 minutes ago, Ailith said:

Off the top of my head, I want to see:

-A melee weapon with high Slash and Puncture damage (with swings that aren't ridiculously clunky)

Maybe a macuahuitl would work for that, though it would have to be a 2-handed greatsword, so the animations may be clunky.

Edited by MechaTails

8 minutes ago, Boatsniper said:

A decently sized scythe, instead of the sorry excuses we have now.

Have you ever used a scythe? Depending on where the handles are placed (they're perpendicular attachments, by the way), they aren't that big. Maybe chest/neck height. Maybe a little taller bigger if a tall person needs to use it to reach grass on the floor. But whatevs, everyone loves giant novelty-size scythes lol.

Though I have to say, some of the Scythes we have in the game look more like axes, Anku especially.

Edited by MechaTails

19 minutes ago, Ailith said:

From what I heard, the Vaykor Hek requires most, if not all, Crit mods to be equipped to surpass the standard Hek with Scattered Justice and, even then, it's only slightly more powerful. Hard to say it's an effective crit weapon at that point. :\

You heard wrong. By 'most', if you mean Blunderbuss and Primed Ravage, then you heard right. Since with those 2 it's already above the normal Hek.

Well those would look cool (and Sexy) on some frames

3919a3b6222015e8dba6020926c2875c82bc4842

Then there is 3 section staff

3-sectional-staff.jpg

edit: My strong vote is on the fans XD

and of course this

fakk2-03.jpg

the Chainsaw-sword 

Edited by Anubias

Gladius (a new longsword stance that prefers methodical, heavy strikes would fit this weapon well. We don't  need more flips)

Dual Gladius (a new and better stance mod for dual swords to fit the dimachaerus gladiator style would be sick).

Daisho (Katana and Wakizashi, with its own stance mod please!)

Single Edged Greatsword, think Monster Hunter Greatswords e.g. Rathalos, Ludroth, Uragaan

Heavy Shield and Lance (like Spartan warriors or Roman Centurions). Shield provides a massive damage reduc.

Heavy Lever-action Pistol, think flare gun but with a single massive bullet that deals enormous damage. Pocket vectis, maybe?

Ice Assault Rifle, shoots shards of ice that can impale enemies to walls for around a second, much like with throwing weapons. So instead of enemies being constantly pinned, they'd eventually drop due to the ice shards 'melting'. Large clip size, ice element + puncture ONLY. 

Adaptive Assault Rifle, fires in full auto but shoots a single bullet on alt fire. A single semi auto shot costs around 1/4 of the total clip, but deals greatly increased damage.

Those are the ones at the top of my head lol

14 minutes ago, BlaineKodos said:

Still waiting for this:

Reveal hidden contents

64820f9f456bda5d561773ef7ca07bf7.png

I appreciate that DE likes to show us weapons as they get a concept, but sometimes they show us something upcoming long before it comes out. Sometimes it takes so long we feel like they forgot about it.

Pretty sure they were just showing us the new dark sword models there.

1281077206858_hz-myalibaba-temp14_2391.j

Any straight sword variant will do for me. 

Or a kris sword rather than just a dagger that weighs 50 pounds like the karyst

kris_blade_dragon_sword.jpg

Leiomano-7.jpg

and why not go exotic?

Edited by OverlordMcGeek
added leiomano

Just now, OverlordMcGeek said:

Pretty sure they were just showing us the new dark sword models there.

Nope. In the Devstream they were mentioned, the Dual Dark Swords (possibly singular) were stated to be an upcoming weapon made from the Dark Sword and Dark Dagger with a new stance based on the fact they were going to be joined at the hilt rather than dual-wielded. The models were updated some time afterwards, but we've still not heard much about the status of the weapon. I'd assume they're still working on the stance.

1386917115_1yr5406_13ugeew6.gif

AA-12 assault shotgun. Fully automatic.

tumblr_lzcqjlOjaT1qg6rkio2_500.gif

Dual Shotguns?

And yeah, we're missing end game assault rifles/machine gun.

giphy.gif

And for the love of god... the defender

Defender.jpg

Edited by Heatnix.

11 minutes ago, OperationCats said:

-snip-

That first image just reminded me. I really want a dedicated spear and lance weapon category (maybe move the Sydon to it as well), so I can have a large conical lance full of thrust and charge moves. Charge as in hold it out and run forward, not hold a button down.

a true Batle Rifle. we don't really have any. that means Assault Rifle Archetype that favors towards higher results per shot, but sacrifices Magazine Size, Rate of Fire, and such in the process.
effectively somewhere between a DMR and an Assault Rifle.

something that shoots APHE rounds.

an Infested Sniper Rifle that fires Stingers of sorts. Stingers would apply actually significant DoT, and would Stagger on each Tick, so that the DoT could be truly effective.

a Bastard Sword. would be able to go along with standalone Ack in a 'Medium Blade' Category.

Shotgun that fires mini-explosives.

Laser Shotgun.

Graal Spike Thrower - my best friend.
just pls actually do DoT unlike in Mass Effect >:c

the Arc Pistol!

i'd ask for an N7 Valiant except Vectis Prime basically already is this.

something like the Javelin could be neat stylistically, however Lanka functions pretty similar to it.
but hmm - a wallhacks gun that propels lube to hyper velocities, hehe.

Tiberium Assault Rifle. the nostalgia.

a Heavy Pistol of sorts. basically something between a Magnus/Lex and a Lato.

1 hour ago, Ailith said:

From what I heard, the Vaykor Hek requires most, if not all, Crit mods to be equipped to surpass the standard Hek with Scattered Justice

without Primed Ravage it's already better.
on average ofcourse, since it's Crits.

with Primed Ravage, the Pellets that Crit on their own total up to about the Damage that Hek has, and then plus the ones that don't.

Edited by taiiat

Balista sized Crossbow, fires single arrows like a but it's size and weight reduces movement speed in exchange for god almighty penetration power.

Hellgate London style dual rocket launching arm weapons.

Shield Gauntlets. Fist gauntlets with oblong shields attached to the back, deals impact damage and when blocking the circuits that join in the two shields bring an energy shield into play that protects the player and whatever is behind him.

This is my thread from last year. Sorry about the formatting. It's from before forums 2.0 went live. Some of the list still stands.

Mostly I want that "video gamey" AK-47 feel. Slow RoF. High damage. Still hitscan. Nothing quite hits that spot for me yet. Also looking forward to an over/under shotgun design being added eventually.

3 hours ago, Ailith said:

My point was that it is a crit shotgun. The fact that it's not actually better than the regular Hek is beside the point (because even by the standards of Tenno, Scattered Justice is stupidly OP; come on, 7 drain for +200% damage?)

3 hours ago, MechaTails said:

Maybe a macuahuitl would work for that, though it would have to be a 2-handed greatsword, so the animations may be clunky.

Honestly, that looks like it'd fall into the "machete" category, which I wouldn't wish upon any weapon. They're so bad... >_>

I would like to see something serrated like that though, something that would rip through armor and creat gashes. As for how it would swing, the Nikana quick melee is my favorite melee animation, by far; the attack is smooth, the animation is quick, and it always hits the enemy. I hate using pretty much any other melee weapon because they force you to move so slowly while attacking. It's a tiny thing, but it's sooo annoying to me. Space ninjas should be fast. not locked into slow animations. At least let me sprint while melee'ing. :\

3 hours ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

You heard wrong. By 'most', if you mean Blunderbuss and Primed Ravage, then you heard right. Since with those 2 it's already above the normal Hek.

Keep in mind that I said Vakyor Hek vs Hek with Scattered Justice. I haven't done the math myself (or compared them on Warframe Builder), but that +200% Multi-shot adds a ridiculous amount of damage.

Edited by Ailith