The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tonkor Balancing (Nerf) discussion..

(PSN)AngelShur

Ok, I believe that Tonkor doesn't need a balance. Maybe a slight rework but no Nerfing (Hate to use the word Nerf) balance. (Will Update with good rework suggestions)

Don't hate me or hang me on this one, I've just been filtering through the Thread and came up with the Following what you fellow Tenno are suggesting:

First Suggestion: 

1. The Tonkor needs to be MR locked at at least 12
  2. The Tonkor needs to do Self Damage, It's too easey right now <-- But then, I'll suggest it have the grenades stick to the surface (two bounce max and then stick to the surface) instead of bouncing around (sorry for those who like to jump on them grenades). After thoroughly reading through the thread, I must agree, if I'm honest, that this option must be implemented, honest is honest.

Stats-wise, I find (imo) that the Tonkor is a rather much needed weapon for the new players/ and some veterans like me >.>

especially with the current Scaling <--- Until this is fixed, we need to keep Tonkor stats the way they are.

Second Suggestion:

I'd say remove crit/status from it, lower the MR requirement to 3 and make it a new player launcher that won't kill them while they learn to use launchers. (Build requirements would also have to be adjusted as well)

It's already got several aspects that lend itself to being made for new players:

1. Negligible self-damage (so new players don't kill themselves)
  2. Aim assist
  3. Doubled Max Ammo over other launchers
  4. Easy to fire (no charge time or manual detonation)

I don´t see why not!

Thanks to  TheBrsrkr for posting this chart!

aa.png

Explaining Myself:

The people who play this game and run a 2 hours T4 Survivals, are not people who use these types of weapons as a power creep, but they use them/or others in a clever way. They build the build that was intended for the weapon. These people are mostly veterans, that's why you don't hear them complain about any weapon -- only when it's ridiculously powerful. I'm for the mentioned above rework simply for the sake of... players that haven't find which build belongs to which weapon and against who, as yet.  

By creating the 250-1000 levels monsters (just that the scaling is also broken, it jumps from 250 to 1000 i.e.), DE is adding a tiny bit more difficulty to the game, so that instead of us jumping in and out of every mission, we linger a bit longer in them with players struggling to kill the enemies. So they're continually  adding more strategy to the game. But the Tonkor now doesn't help the new player base to make a smart build but rather teaches them to just bring a tank (Rhino) and a Launcher/Primary/Secondary that doesn't do any damage to oneself but kills everything... that's not good. These players will loose interest in the game pretty fast or will simply be spoiled badly, and that's not what DE wants I hope/guess. So by leaving the stats as it is, but adding the "consequences" -self damage- and bringing up the Mastery Rank, the players can still kill what they want/need to kill, only thinking in advance what the requirements and consequences are. <-- this will surely help them think before using the weapon, any weapon. See the veterans know how to play with the builds to achieve the required kills, but new players cannot do this yet.... but they should also not remain oblivious to this fact -every weapon has the potential to kill, just use the right one against the right enemy with the right build- I'm still learning when it comes to builds.. honestly! 

I believe that we and also DE, should help new ones to Fly, just like a parent bird would it's chicks... but not carry them or pamper them all the time. Let's keep the challenge in-game. 

Thanks for reading and sharing your Objective opinions.

Please share what you feel and think. But Please keep it civil no need to offend eachother.....

Edited by (PS4)AngelShur
Updated the OP with rework possibilitie & Reasons why.

I'd say remove crit/status from it, lower the MR requirement to 3 and make it a new player launcher that won't kill them while they learn to use launchers. (Build requirements would also have to be adjusted as well)

It's already got several aspects that lend itself to being made for new players:

1. Negligible self-damage (so new players don't kill themselves)
  2. Aim assist
  3. Doubled Max Ammo over other launchers
  4. Easy to fire (no charge time or manual detonation)
Edited by Maicael
Added reasons it's well designed for new players

3 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

It does need changed, but not as drastically as you all may assume.

Self-Damage will be a step in the right direction.

Self damage ? On a tonkor ? It would ruin the weapon since your using it to jump ...

4 minutes ago, clemza said:

Just buff the other weapons.

That won't solve anything, the Tonkor is so strong that we will have to buff everything to insane amounts, and most weapons don't even need it.

Tonkor needs to be looked at for what it is, just because it is a weapon that newer players rely on, doesn't make it a bad thing... It's just that it's so much better than every single other launcher in the game

No Self Damage.
Super High Damage with Critical Headshots.

I don't see any other launcher in the game that doesn't kill the user if they aren't careful, and I know... I KNOW that it was the Tonkor's Niche back in the day, but that is the past, and with Parkour 2.0, the Grenade jump mechanic probably shouldn't exist any longer.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

Don't delude yourself here are the ONLY weapons we use:

Tonkor, Soma Prime , Boltor Prime, Hek, Vaykor Hek, Sancti Tigris, Synoid Simulor, Dread and Rakta Cernos.

Every other Primary is Mastery fodder. If you want to nerf one then nerf them all.

Why do people even post this kind of topics. They always derail a lot. 

Anyway... No need to nerf Tonkor. The aiming, magazine and reload speed is bad enough. Maybe lock it behind MR so it feels more... um, top tier, i guess, MR 15... 

Edited by Lokime

1 minute ago, clemza said:

Self damage ? On a tonkor ? It would ruin the weapon since your using it to jump ...

Secondary fire exists. People have already discussed this at length, and it seems like an easy fix. Self damage on the main shot, secondary fire has the same capped damage currently, but doesn't do near as much damage to enemies and/or only a blast/impact proc.

Just now, AEP8FlyBoy said:

This is one way they can go.

But the fact remains, the Tonkor above all else, needs to have a risk involved in using it.

It NEEDS self-damage.

Ok why not just add FREINDY Fire to the game and make it way more interesting >?

1 minute ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

This is one way they can go.

But the fact remains, the Tonkor above all else, needs to have a risk involved in using it.

It NEEDS self-damage.

There is still one problem, the glitchyness of the tonkor letting the grenade explode instantly after shooting it, so in front of you to speak. That randomly kills you whenever you least expect it.