The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE's idea for Oberon's passive is....

I'm okay with Oberon going full Druid with Fairy elements [insert LaBeouf, Just Do It scream here].

So as for a passive what I'd explore first: I like the name to be One with Nature and have been leaning towards something that can really aid teammates, but still be useful solo.

My current thought is to grant 500% armor, -100% Status Effect/Duration from enemy attacks/abilities and 1.00 energy gain per second when standing still (only allowing certain actions like reviving an ally or kubrow to not cancel), this way the passive can stack with Hallowed Ground, Renewal and Reckoning with how Oberon stays in place casting those and with the cost of his abilities with 150 max energy without modding, and a Y aura polarity.

Animation-wise, I was envisioning vines growing into the ground to hold Oberon in place, and retracting once he began to move again for the passive.

And remember, Oberon would need to stay standing still and not performing many actions; so with his low base armor, maybe the passive would work fine as brainstormed or get boosted further to scale better on higher levels along the lines of Rathuum mods.

2 hours ago, SPARTAN-187.Thanatos said:

I'm okay with Oberon going full Druid with Fairy elements [insert LaBeouf, Just Do It scream here].

So as for a passive what I'd explore first: I like the name to be One with Nature and have been leaning towards something that can really aid teammates, but still be useful solo.

My current thought is to grant 500% armor, -100% Status Effect/Duration from enemy attacks/abilities and 1.00 energy gain per second when standing still (only allowing certain actions like reviving an ally or kubrow to not cancel), this way the passive can stack with Hallowed Ground, Renewal and Reckoning with how Oberon stays in place casting those and with the cost of his abilities with 150 max energy without modding, and a Y aura polarity.

Animation-wise, I was envisioning vines growing into the ground to hold Oberon in place, and retracting once he began to move again for the passive.

And remember, Oberon would need to stay standing still and not performing many actions; so with his low base armor, maybe the passive would work fine as brainstormed or get boosted further to scale better on higher levels along the lines of Rathuum mods.

I actually really like this idea but.....with so many sources of knockdown/stagger in the game id wonder at how useful it would be without standing in hallowed ground.

16 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

yeah it's kind of meh. I'm not a fan of Hydroid's either; how is ONE Tentacle gonna do anything? and ground slamming everywhere not only looks silly, but it isn't guaranteed to spawn Tentacles, so what's the point?

I think he should have a resistance to Impact damage, since Water is impossible to compress.

What if he turns into a puddle when he gets knocked down?

I think people are caught up in the idea that these passives should be a power increase. I think theyre just fun situational bonuses for the most part,  not meant to be a direct frame upgrade.

If anything, some of these passive ideas should be frame exclusive augs.

I'd rather give him something more innovative than that. He is a paladin first and foremost in his original advertisement so what would be ever more thematic for a paladin than giving things based on that theme. Give him the ability to radiate a blind when taking damage for X% chance or something around blind mechanic, you may invent better than what I suggest briefly.

Oberon in my personal is about nature, but not necessarily wild life.

With that said I was thinking of a passive like "natures wrath" 

• When Oberon gets knocked down Nature Wrath buff takes hold
  • Can only happen once every 120 seconds
  • He automatically gives revived after 10 seconds and gains a health aura buff  which heals all nearby allied units 50 health and 50 energy per pulse. With 5 pulses.
  • His damage output is increased by 100% for 5 pulses. 
  • After 5 pulses he takes a small penalty to speed and damage for 5 seconds. 

I'd just like to point out that passives are, wait for it.... passives! They don't need to be amazing god-tier changes like +500% armor or auto-revives + damage  + healing pulse + bells + whistles.

Passives are and should be minor boons that are just effective enough to be noticeable. Oberon being able to turn Kubrow/Kavats/Skates/Sharks is a minor ability that fits his aesthetic and would be just useful enough to be noticeable. It's fine for a passive.

2 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I think people are caught up in the idea that these passives should be a power increase. I think theyre just fun situational bonuses for the most part,  not meant to be a direct frame upgrade.

If anything, some of these passive ideas should be frame exclusive augs.

20 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

yeah it's kind of meh. I'm not a fan of Hydroid's either; how is ONE Tentacle gonna do anything? and ground slamming everywhere not only looks silly, but it isn't guaranteed to spawn Tentacles, so what's the point?

I think he should have a resistance to Impact damage, since Water is impossible to compress.

One tentacle will slap that mob around so you'll be unable to actually kill it because nobody can hit it. 

11 hours ago, WARLOCKE said:

I actually really like this idea but.....with so many sources of knockdown/stagger in the game id wonder at how useful it would be without standing in hallowed ground.

Hallowed Ground removes Status affects, so having the Passive provide a resistance can help.

5 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

I'd just like to point out that passives are, wait for it.... passives! They don't need to be amazing god-tier changes like +500% armor or auto-revives + damage  + healing pulse + bells + whistles.

Passives are and should be minor boons that are just effective enough to be noticeable. Oberon being able to turn Kubrow/Kavats/Skates/Sharks is a minor ability that fits his aesthetic and would be just useful enough to be noticeable. It's fine for a passive.

Although it looks big, 500% plus Steel Fiber and Armored Agility still does not match Valkyr and is actually below Atlas, based on how the numbers are actually calculated. Even standing on Hallowed Ground, the armor boost while standing still would still be behind Atlas and Valkyr, and the passive can further be restricted by enemy level, along the lines of Rathuum mods.

The fact that it only kicks in when standing still, makes it situational and would still need to have Rejuvenation and Renewal healing to help keep Oberon alive in higher level content, so I wouldn't classify something like the idea I'm brainstorming to be 'god-tier'.

16 hours ago, texrei said:

I personally think that the fauna pacifying ability is great, because i hate to kill all this wild lifeforms. It would be a good reason to play him

I see how the passive could be enjoyable, the problem is that there are only a couple tiles where it would even do anything. If Oberon is going to have that passive, there should be some kind of "wildlife" (hostile npc's that are not loyal to the enemy or you) on every single tileset, or at least the vast majority of them. 

Without that, it feels like a really cool idea, but something you will only notice on Phobos, Earth, and Derelicts when Kavats are added. I know DE has the desire from what I understood to have a more robust wildlife setup on all or most tilesets someday, but that's probably a long way off. Until then, I'm not sure the passive would be consistent enough to be worth it. 

I feel how a lot of people do: It IS a cool idea, I agree there. And it is neat in terms of theme, but with so few planets having wildlife I'm not sure it would be truly useful in practicality. 

14 hours ago, 321agemo said:

You could also make oberon more resistant to procs i.e. last significantly less.

You could also make himself and nearby allies gain health regeneration, so he becomes a walking healing ward.

You could give him an effect like Rapid Resilience -- but we could also move away from the trend of basically giving people mods as passives, and have him resist status procs instead or something. Then, if he does get proc'd anyway despite his resistance, the passive would trigger a small health regen that would affect Oberon and allies. 

That would fit his theme well, and be a passive that is useful for his actual role, and fits his theme, without being too weak or too powerful. 

Also I would add that a resistance effect may be more useful for Oberon than the Rapid Resilience effect, because Oberon can just remove procs immediately with Hallowed Ground if he wants -- so resistance would be more useful than shortened proc duration. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

Easy way to have Oberon's passive in all tilesets.

21 hours ago, Mak_Gohae said:

This is super easy to fix. Have roaches and rats in all tilesets.

The roachatrons (that's the name of the future roaches) climb into the guns of the enemies and cause them to misfire.

The ratrons (future rat names) jump on the mobs faces and have them stagger around for a couple of seconds.

My opinion Oberon should given an other passive skill. The passive would be nice idea as active for a beastmaster type frame which can "summon" wildlife companions until those die which work like specters but only cost once energy. Oberon not a summoner instead give him a boost with the passive on each or one ability.

Edited by Sziklamester