Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are you satisfied with Vauban changes?

Cloud

Not really... I'm happy that they replaced stupid bounce with something more useful, but... I don't know. I still feel there was more to improve. I guess i should try to play him to understand what exactly feels wrong.

Edited by Artek94

I personally feel Minelayer was per se an excellent addition - only it should've been Vauban's 1.

I still think Vauban's should have some kind of turret skill as a 2nd (or just a better version of Teslas really, something akin to Sapping Ospreys' mines for instance).

But moslty i think Bastille and Vortex are way too similar as they are now. I'd prefer Bastille to be overhauled completely to be a power that does something other than just disabling targets in a AoE (which is exactly what Vortex does too).

For the most part, I quite enjoy the Vauban changes. However, it is not without its flaws.

-In my eyes, Trip Laser is only useful against Infested much like how Bounce is only useful against Corpus. Outside of that region, it's just a meh usage of space for what could have been another ability.

-Repelling Bastille still doesn't work properly; there are occasions when enemies just waltz right through without being repulsed.

-Tesla wasn't touched at all. Why, exactly? I get that first abilities aren't meant to be 100% powerful in the endgame, but why hasn't Tesla at least had its proc chance buffed? Volt's Shock has a 100% proc chance and it can chain, stunning whatever is unlucky enough to be nearby. Oberon's Smite has a 100% knockdown AND Radiation proc chance to the first target hit, and then the homing orbs that appear after have a chance to also apply Radiation. Frost's Freeze has a 100% proc chance and can be applied to surfaces to slow down oncoming crowds of enemies. While Vauban's Tesla DOES deal more damage over its entire lifespan than any of the previously mentioned abilities do, it deals it in intervals of 150, meaning good luck being even remotely useful against enemies that are higher than level 20, combining that with a proc chance that's negligible.

-There are some times when Vortex doesn't properly pull enemies in its radius.

Edited by Rahetalius

While the Minelayer ability can be rather fun to use it did however not solve Vaubans core problems which is:

• Overshadowing CC. Tesla and Minelayer is overshadowed by Bastilie which in turn is overshadowed by Vortex. Minelayer is fun to use but all to often its easier to just throw a Bastilie instead and if not, a Vortex.
  • Weak range, low duration and high energy costs on Vaubans abilities. This is the worst problem I have with Vauban, his abilities hit a incredibly small area which often mean you have to spam more and the energy cost does not match what we are throwing in my opinion. Bastile have the following stats, 15 sec duration / 10 meter range / cost 75 energy. Nyxs Chaos have the following stats, 25 sec duration / 25 meter range / 75 energy cost. Many other warframes have large scale CC that can hit most of the map with added range mods where as Vauban requires to directly put up CC in a concentrated zone often spending more because Bastile cost the same as these abilities. To correct this situation DE should give a small buff to both duration and range while lowering the energy costs of his abilities. Minelayer should be 25, Bastile should be 50 and Vortex should be 75. Tesla and Minelayer should also have their duration removed and work in a manner similar to Frosts snowglobe with them just having a total limit  of how many there can be active.
  • Low durability. This really dont need much explanation. Vauban is squishy and because of the ball throwing nature all his abilities have you often have to directly expose yourself to enemy fire. Increasing the armor of both Vauban and Vauban prime by 100 would be a good start.

43 minutes ago, Rahetalius said:

-Repelling Bastille still doesn't work properly; there are occasions when enemies just waltz right through without being repulse

Sure its not a error on your part? Bastilie have a limit on the total amount of targets it can affect which depends on how much power strength you have.

Edited by Kaokasalis

1 hour ago, Kaokasalis said:

While the Minelayer ability can be rather fun to use it did however not solve Vaubans core problems which is:

• Overshadowing CC. Tesla and Minelayer is overshadowed by Bastilie which in turn is overshadowed by Vortex. Minelayer is fun to use but all to often its easier to just throw a Bastilie instead and if not, a Vortex.
  • Weak range, low duration and high energy costs on Vaubans abilities. This is the worst problem I have with Vauban, his abilities hit a incredibly small area which often mean you have to spam more and the energy cost does not match what we are throwing in my opinion. Bastile have the following stats, 15 sec duration / 10 meter range / cost 75 energy. Nyxs Chaos have the following stats, 25 sec duration / 25 meter range / 75 energy cost. Many other warframes have large scale CC that can hit most of the map with added range mods where as Vauban requires to directly put up CC in a concentrated zone often spending more because Bastile cost the same as these abilities. To correct this situation DE should give a small buff to both duration and range while lowering the energy costs of his abilities. Minelayer should be 25, Bastile should be 50 and Vortex should be 75. Tesla and Minelayer should also have their duration removed and work in a manner similar to Frosts snowglobe with them just having a total limit  of how many there can be active.
  • Low durability. This really dont need much explanation. Vauban is squishy and because of the ball throwing nature all his abilities have you often have to directly expose yourself to enemy fire. Increasing the armor of both Vauban and Vauban prime by 100 would be a good start.

Sure its not a error on your part? Bastilie have a limit on the total amount of targets it can affect which depends on how much power strength you have.

about the bastile part, i think he means the repulsion augment. that sometimes does not block enemies from enterin.

I was excited to try them out. Now the only one I use out of the mines is still bounce to stop enemies activating consoles or to cover the extraction area for fun.

Shred looks like a tesla and while the ragdoll is probably better than bounce and could replace it - the radius and damage feel low and the armour stripping I havent noticed any effectiveness yet - so Im waiting for a guide video to pop up. Tripwire should have a cripple effect to enemies after they get up slowing their movement - the knockdown itself is pointless with my bastille spam.

In fact, merge tripwire with about five shred mines and then we have an ability thats good - big glowy trigger and nice damage and aoe. You wouldnt need bounce or concuss as the ragdoll works as better CC.

Though thanks for looking at his abilities DE, his other three alone make him decent enough anyway. I like tesla coils.

1 hour ago, Kaokasalis said:

in rathuum not stop any enemy, the bastilie it's broken

This event made me hate vauban

Feels like these changes weren't needed, also I used to have mouse scroll for 2nd ability... so with Vauban's 2nd I have to change my shorcuts for one frame? The irony is, I can't scroll his second ability with... mouse scroll... because it won't let me "hold scroll".

I might just return 2nd to mouse scroll since I don't play Vauban, and when I do, I probably won't bother using 2nd. Worse thing is, this is some effort that should have gone to the frames being reworked, or to the ones still missing passives, now it feels like [DE] may be delaying them, and they're bound to dedicate more extra time tweaking the redundanct new abilities given to Booben.

Edited by Duduminador

I appreciate Shred as it gives Vauban options. If you're comfortable with his CC you can go power strength, up to 250% to completely strip an enemy's armor. But the duration is shorter than it should be, considering the enemy can be launched into the air for up to 3 seconds.

Concuss should open enemies to finishers. Tripwire should last at least a full minute by default once deployed. And it'd be great if Tesla could multi-hit, seeing as it has its own maximum number of shocks per deployment anyway.

As long as Vauban has Bastille and Vortex he has the safest CC in the game. His other powers need to either be way more energy efficient, protect himself from enemies outside of the range of those two, or help him kill things faster.

Edited by Roboplus

Most annoying thing for me is activation technic of Minelayer ability. All abilities on the all frames are activated by single button click. If I do the same on Minelayer it just change mine type. In fight I am mostly focused on a reticle and a map, and quite often I've found that I am already change mines type several times, there are no any mines placed yet, I have no time even to check what type is selected and have to run to other place.

4 minutes ago, antiquadr said:

Most annoying thing for me is activation technic of Minelayer ability. All abilities on the all frames are activated by single button click. If I do the same on Minelayer it just change mine type. In fight I am mostly focused on a reticle and a map, and quite often I've found that I am already change mines type several times, there are no any mines placed yet, I have no time even to check what type is selected and have to run to other place.

Not quite right, ivara has the same for her first ability.

But still, its slower, but not by much. you just need to press the button half a second and it already works.

2 minutes ago, DeFragMe said:

Not quite right, ivara has the same for her first ability.

But still, its slower, but not by much. you just need to press the button half a second and it already works.

It'd be much better if we had the option to swap how to use the ability and how to change the ability.

Hold to change, press to use, and vice versa.

5 hours ago, LordCloud00 said:

As for the title. I made a strawpoll : http://www.strawpoll.me/10260191

You can comment your vote. Or if there was not a proper choice according to you in the poll , you can write it down here.

Why are all of your choices leading with no option for a simple Yes or No? My answer is yes, I don't need your modifiers for your sweet directed poll.

3 minutes ago, GreyEnneract said:

It'd be much better if we had the option to swap how to use the ability and how to change the ability.

Hold to change, press to use, and vice versa.

actually i would dislike that, i really like to switch fast between the arrows.

E.g.: shoot a noise arrow, while jumping to the side and switching further to the cloack arrow to hide would be a hazle in the speed difference.

i mean its not just once to spin to the one you want. Afterall there are 4 options, not just two. Try switching from noise to cloack or zipline, that takes ages if i had to hold while jumping around.

I think Bastille needs to be unlimited Targets and not bound to power strength. When you have a cc frame like Mirage with ridiculous range and no target limit and nyx  chaos is also no target limit having this limit on bastile kind of sucks, you could do a better build if you didn't have to focus anything on power strength.  

This by no means would make him over powered it would just put him closer to on par with the other primarily CC frames imo.

The new mines are fine not great but they're ok.

Edited by (PS4)Eluminary

I think DE is showing the lack of flexibility as they get rushed to make deadlines.  The Vauban rework was good, but i think they skimped on what they did.

Minelayer should take the place of Tesla.. or Tesla should have been combined into Minelayer, freeing up an ability slot.  None of the new mines can hold up to the CC ability of Bastille... and they are all of limited use based on duration.  I found Trip wire works real well against infested, and that is the primary one i use to slow them down.

I really want a scaling sentry gun that can be upgrade and shoots rockets for vauban

1047041-engineer.jpg