The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Poll: Do you agree with the nerfs? 1000 votes in

izzatuw

5 minutes ago, Lt.Cuddles said:

Mag of course not, Trinity could've been handled better, Mirage just makes sense, so does excal and valkyr to be honest, the only one I feel is suffering here majorly is probably Mag...poor thing...  

Have you even tried out the new Magnetize? It is amazing.

Excal and Valkyr : Yes for sure

Mirage : Half no. She needed a nerf, but LoS mechanics in this game is wonky and she got gutted good. 

Trinity : Debatable. She needs that DR ready in raids and adding more conditions to it might affect some playstyles.

Mag : Yes. DE just did a Saryn on her to make her scale better. A frame need not 1 shot a Level 100 to be viable. People need to get that straight. 

6 minutes ago, Lt.Cuddles said:

Mag of course not, Trinity could've been handled better, Mirage just makes sense, so does excal and valkyr to be honest, the only one I feel is suffering here majorly is probably Mag...poor thing...  

I feel like Mag dilemma is Saryn all over again so I'm personally holding all opinions on her change for a while.

Just now, izzatuw said:

I feel like Mag dilemma is Saryn all over again so I'm personally holding all opinions on her change for a while.

Which was not a problem for adaptable players.

Some people just refuse to change their playstyle and they rightfully suffer for it. 

2 minutes ago, PoisonHD said:

But at what cost? Polarize's effect being switched to fixed number rather than % based kills a lot of scaling potential for wide area debuffing. Magnetize is awesome yes, but was it worth? I personally am expecting some minute changes in the next few updates till everything balances out properly.

Just now, Major_Phantom said:

But at what cost? Polarize's effect being switched to fixed number rather than % based kills a lot of scaling potential for wide area debuffing. Magnetize is awesome yes, but was it worth? I personally am expecting some minute changes in the next few updates till everything balances out properly.

Personally I think it was worth it. But, lots of people don't hold that opinion. 

I agree with you on the last part though, I am expecting minute changes over a period of time, that will completely balance her out.

I agree with the nerfs with the understanding that DE is planning to also nerf our enemies, nerf random sortie conditions that don't make sense and nerf unforgiving conditions in raids that induce rage, exclude non experienced players and frustrate everyone. 

5 minutes ago, izzatuw said:

Great idea, I wish it was shared by more people.

7 minutes ago, PoisonHD said:

I haven't played with it much yet, I never potatoed vanilla mag and mag prime is (finally) building, having broke down and bought the last two parts I needed.  But overall, despite synergizing what sounds to be fairly well, polarize on its own, and crush for that matter, are being treated like they aren't all that amazing by themselves without magnetize to give them that oomph.  I feel like this is what is causing most of the complaints.

Well that and most mag players are just so used to pressing 3 and done, but some of more the detailed feedback makes the last two abilities out to be a bit lighter than they could be.  Of course it is still only two days after the rework went live and a weekend at that, I wish some people would just give it a bit of time.

27 minutes ago, PoisonHD said:

Wiping the entire team, sporadic damage in the bubble instead of dmg to everything inside like before, sometimes dealing dmg, sometimes not dealing dmg, sometimes exploding early, sometimes exploding late, explosions dealing no dmg, etc, etc.

7782b99e033f1f6314b68a823d80f8a6e285e0e1  

And as for OP I feel the only thing changed that was 100% needed was Prism. Everything else is also needed but was executed poorly.

And as for the reworks, Volt is just...smh...Mag needs some touch ups(kinda like Saryn did, still waiting btw) and she'll be great.

Edited by rawr1254

1 minute ago, rawr1254 said:

Wiping the entire team, sporadic damage in the bubble instead of dmg to everything inside like before, sometimes dealing dmg, sometimes not dealing dmg, sometimes exploding early, sometimes exploding late, explosions dealing no dmg, etc, etc.

Have actually never experienced that. I must be lucky or something....

Edited by PoisonHD

Some were definitely justified (Trin global Range, EB infinite punchthrough, Prism ignoring walls), some were questionable (Radial Blind for EB costing energy, Volt Discharge damage cap, Mag's abilities) and rest were welcome changes.

Edited by TheEternalJester

2 minutes ago, PoisonHD said:

Have actually never experienced that. I must be lucky or something....

Cast magnetize with a high lvl enemy, kill the enemy, stand in the center, let another high lvl enemy outside of the bubble shoot inside of it, watch the "amazing" happen.

Edited by rawr1254

4 minutes ago, rawr1254 said:

Cast magnetize with a high lvl enemy, kill the enemy, stand in the center, let an enemy outside of the bubble shoot inside of it, watch the "amazing" happen.

Of course you would die.... Its not like bullet attractor (Or whatever it was called) where it makes the enemy bullets that pass through that area, exclusively hit that certain enemy. Magnetize attracts bullets to the area around the target, in addition to the enemy it is cast on, not just the singular target, hence the reason he bubble stays around the dead enemy and attracts bullets that kill you....

It's not that hard to understand....

Edited by PoisonHD

6 minutes ago, PoisonHD said:

Of course you would die.... Its not like bullet attractor (Or whatever it was called) where it makes the enemy bullets that pass through that area, exclusively hit that certain enemy. Magnetize attracts bullets to the area around the target, in addition to the enemy it is cast on, not just the singular target, hence the reason he bubble stays around the dead enemy and attracts bullets that kill you....

It's not that hard to understand....

I think the point rawr is trying to make is that team mates don't realize standing in the bubble is asking to get killed.

Ya for the most part I agree.  Would still like to see some minor buffs or changes though.

Such as:

Trin Well of Life: No longer cancels duration when threshhold for max restored hp is reached, no longer buffs enemies to 10x hp (cuz wtf), can recast to levitate multiple targets (for priority target cc).

Mirage Eclipse: Changed to use either Equinox's day/night form style of switching modes or Ivara's quiver style.

Excal: Weak radial blind on Exalted Blade slide removed and replaced with a more useful attack.

Mag Magnetize: Shots flying around inside the bubble don't kill you or your teammates (maybe a glitch?).

Valkyrie Ripline: snagging an enemy also snags 2 other nearby enemies (maybe this is more of an alternative augment tho).

Edited by KnotOfMetal

44 minutes ago, PoisonHD said:

It's overpowered- definitely getting nerfed- and is the most annoying thing I've ever seen in the game when you're not the mag. Teammates need to be able to shoot through it. The damage per second inside of it either needs a heavy nerf or removal completely... but ofc that's all just my opinion.

@OP I put my vote in the poll but just to mention here, What I said about + shield polarize needs scaling for shield strip and armor strip needs to be a % not a flat value. That's what needs to be different on mag IMO. Otherwise pretty good. Volt has some issues with discharge bugwise but ignoring those it needs scaling damage like scott said it would have. Not enough to nuke stuff but enough to make the CC more consistent since it has a damage cap on it. It wouldn't hurt to have just a bit of damage on the initial wave impact either just to feel like you didn't just seriously waste 100 energy when the enemies aren't close enough to shock each other and no others come along. Trinity's nerf was PERFECT- now we just need something similar for EV. Excalibur's nerf I haven't tested yet but it sounds like it was enough... for now. I still think it needs a proper rework. Valkyr's nerf was pointless. It did absolutely nothing to balance the skill. Invuln needs to go. Mirage needs rework to make up for the nerf to the one "good" thing she had.

TL;DR- Yes.

All is well. Excal needs to ditch the cost to make the spin attack and Trinity's damage reduction needs to be less complicated and not reliant on other players health pools (so the guy who really needs the reduction isn't given the shaft). Otherwise the nerfs are justified and fair.

Might be off topic, but Mag's new Polarize needs a second look or more time of testing to see where it fits (less likely).

Edited by R34LM