Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop Part 4: Hotfix 18.13.2 information & more!

[DE]Rebecca

Trinity giving 75% damage reduction to everyone in a large radius seem ok. I would honestly like a change to how the mechanic works. Keeping buffs going all the time is already annoying enough and it's not like better players can keep buffs up better. Trinity is even more annoying. Blessing requires extra setup and EV is lot worse, because it's actually really nice to spam it all the time, but then you basically don't do anything else.

If EV just converted damage dealt to enemies in an aura around her into energy for her and her teammates it would be a lot better and would allow the trinity to focus on dodging enemy attacks and killing stuff.

When it comes to blessing my idea would be to let trinity share her link with other players. Damage taken by other players would be redirected to the enemies around trinity. This way trinity could focus more on her enemies instead of having to deal damage to herself before the blessing.

Also can we please get improvements to the way other defensive abilities work. I'm mainly thinking about elemental ward (chroma 2) and pacify (equinox 3).

Elemental ward is a lot worse than 75% DR and the range is really bad + you need an augment if you want other to keep the buff when they leave the aura.

Pacify is great when you have peaceful provocation stacked up all the way. The thing is, that it is kind of hard to get the stacks without dying and then you also have to be really careful, because there are way too many ways to lose the buff. You can fall off something, you can get nullified, you can run out of energy and when you switch forms you also lose it. Also why does this ability have falloff and even worse- Why is there no word about this in the game?! Pacify should just get the full effect at the range it currently has and then a lesser effect for both the basic ability and the slow outside of the current max range.

Oh wow, that's really cool. So If I'm  MR22 it means that unranked or forma'd items with potato will have 44 Mod Capacity! O: 

Also, I would like to repost my thoughts about Mag. I do believe that some tweaks could put her in a better position while still being fair and fun to use. 

On 5/28/2016 at 4:19 PM, Lokime said:

Pros

• Abilities now synergies very well. (Pull-Polarize-Magnetize(or crush) combo FTW!)
  • Polarize now affects armored enemies, repeated use of this can destroy 100% of said armor (goes well with crush augment).
  • Magnetize attracts nearby enemies, one Lanka shot will annihilate everything inside. Also it can be recasted.
  •  Overall more CC.

Cons

• Magnetize sometimes fail to attract projectiles... Assuming it's a bug. 
  • Mag's energy pool is too low.
  • Squishy as always. 

Proposed changes/solutions

Pull: Since mag is very fragile in high levels (even with 2k shields) an augmentation mod that pushes mobs when holding 1(not holding is normal pull), would increase mag's chances to survive. I'm aware of the existence of Greedy Pull, but I'm also aware that since she has a passive that cost zero energy and does the same as said mod, it does not have a reason to exist anymore. Also, if pull could also pull the shreds made by Polarize that would be neat. 

Magnetize: The design of this ability is perfect. However, you may want to check why sometimes the bullets do not hit the target correctly. In the test I did yesterday my Lanka shots would circle around the unit, without hitting it in some occasions. Also, Magnetize should keep the Glaive -and alike-  weapons circling around and damaging enemies. 

Polarize: With changes made to polarize, Mag can't kill shielded units like before, and even if it affects armored units now, still feels lackluster. I understand that killing a whole room instantly with one button was not good design, speed travel and base damage is a good change. However giving the nuke's speed travel an utility could be an amazing addition to this.

My proposed addition to the nuke-like wave would be: knock down units, as well as slowing them down by a fixed, relatively slow but significant 20%( 15% if too high) until they stand again. This would increased mag's CC and chances to survive significantly.

Crush: slowing down knocked units by a fixed 25% for a short duration could be an amazing addition to this ability -kind of makes sense that someone who got his bones crushed wouldn't be able to move that fast anymore. 

Mag's energy pool: Mag's power base is 100. Increasing this to 125 at base an 175 - 200 at rank 30 would be fair, considering she needs a lot of energy to synergize her abilities. 

All this changes could make Mag the queen of CC while still being fair and fun to use.

Please note that I've tested mag for a while, and this is a constructive criticism to the rework, do hope its considered. 

Also, there's a bug that will kill allies if they shoot inside magnetize. 

Edited by Lokime
Miau.

30 minutes ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

read post above mine

That doesn't answer ANYTHING.

He's just making a guess exactly like me.

The question being "when will the gear start geting capacity point again, when the gear reach the MR or will it directly get capacity and stop once it reaches 60 ?"

new gear, either forma'd or right ouf the foundry will be rank 0.
what you will have is a rank 0 item but with mod capacity equivalent to your Mastery Rank #.

so, i get a new braton. its rank 0. im mastery rank 21. i get 21 mod capacity (weapons sitll rank 0). if potato'd, i get 42 mod points (still rank 0)

now i can take my rank 0 braton to "jupiter" moded with "serration" and then some, and acutally kill stuff with it...

higher lvl = more xp = faster rank up.

braton is now rank 30. so i forma braton, a V polarity. braton is now rank 0 again + 1 forma. i get 42 mod points + cost reduction from V polarity
now i cant take my rank 0 +1forma directly to saturn, and actually kill stuff with it

i hope it helped.
DE can correct me if im wrong.

I've been suggesting this change to implement MR into Forma'd items for a while, but I feel like the final solution is not so great.

How I'm reading it, it sounds as though your MR will just contribute to the mod capacity of an unranked item, but that item will still need to be leveled up as normal. This means it's not actually saving you any time, you still have to grind the same amount to level and forma gear. I mean, it's convenient to be able to use it in high level content right out of the oven, but that's all.

If it actually affected the level of the item, it would decrease the grind required to max it out repeatedly. I understand that this might make it a little easy to max weapons, which is why whenever I suggested this idea, I specified that the level would only match your MR after a Forma, not on the initial acquisition. That way it's mostly just a mechanic to help vets that are tired of the leveling from putting 5 or 6 Forma on everything. This change won't really help that.

Nice idea, but I think it's a missed opportunity.

20 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

June 1 Update:

Here comes another Update on Hotfix 18.13.2.

Starting Mod Capacity Changes:

When Hotfix 18.13.2 launches, the starting Mod Capacity for your gear (new or Forma'd) is now determined by your Mastery Rank and if an item has an Orokin Reactor or Catalyst installed.

For example, a Mastery 20 player would experience the following:

• Claim a new Warframe from the Foundry with no Reactor installed.
  • Observe the 'Unranked' item and see the starting the Mod capacity is 20.
  • Install a Reactor, observe the Mod capacity has doubled to 40.

This is determined by the following:

Starting Mod Capacity = Mastery Rank (if Orokin Reactor/Catalyst installed: x2).

The cap on capacity remains unchanged.

Please note this is a slight deviation of our discussions on how Mastery Rank will reflect gear level, but by affecting capacity it fundamentally enables you to use Mods the moment you get your hands on new gear or Forma an item. Have fun!

Finally a reason to increase my mastery rank. Thank you.

10 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

I've been suggesting this change to implement MR into Forma'd items for a while, but I feel like the final solution is not so great.

How I'm reading it, it sounds as though your MR will just contribute to the mod capacity of an unranked item, but that item will still need to be leveled up as normal. This means it's not actually saving you any time, you still have to grind the same amount to level and forma gear. I mean, it's convenient to be able to use it in high level content right out of the oven, but that's all.

If it actually affected the level of the item, it would decrease the grind required to max it out repeatedly. I understand that this might make it a little easy to max weapons, which is why whenever I suggested this idea, I specified that the level would only match your MR after a Forma, not on the initial acquisition. That way it's mostly just a mechanic to help vets that are tired of the leveling from putting 5 or 6 Forma on everything. This change won't really help that.

Nice idea, but I think it's a missed opportunity.

If MR affected the starting rank of gear, it'll make people blaze through newer content at an even faster and lazier pace. The listed change keeps the grind while also letting you use the gear off the bat which in term lets you level it faster. If the whole progression system isn't gonna get changed, then this is a pretty acceptable idea.

1 minute ago, Major_Phantom said:

If MR affected the starting rank of gear, it'll make people blaze through newer content at an even faster and lazier pace. The listed change keeps the grind while also letting you use the gear off the bat which in term lets you level it faster. If the whole progression system isn't gonna get changed, then this is a pretty acceptable idea.

This is probably the first time I've heard someone say they want to preserve the grind. Especially considering my idea is simply a reward for players of high MR that want to save some time after placing multiple Forma on an item. Since they would still start unranked upon acquiring a weapon the first time, it wouldn't allow them to advance in MR any faster than normal.

This idea is better than nothing, but I still maintain that it's a missed opportunity.

Nothing about Hysteria's energy drain ass@(*()$ anyone who ISN'T building dur/eff? that sucks. My Hysteria drains a 375 energy pool like a Tonkor going off in an Absorb bubble of a Nyx without Flow

1 minute ago, DapperMasquerade said:

Nothing about Hysteria's energy drain &#!@(*()$ anyone who ISN'T building dur/eff? that sucks. My Hysteria drains a 375 energy pool like a Tonkor going off in an Absorb bubble of a Nyx without Flow

Building for efficiency handicaps the build's power to make up for easier use. If you want to go negative efficiency and have insane power, I can't justify a complaint about energy drain.

2 minutes ago, Major_Phantom said:

Building for efficiency handicaps the build's power to make up for easier use. If you want to go negative efficiency and have insane power, I can't justify a complaint about energy drain.

nah the thing is the nerf was designed to screw people who WHERE building for eff/dur. the Drain is high if you build that way now anyways. For a build like mine its insane, some 15 a second, for a version of her ult thats already gimped anyways since its designed to use melee weapons with BR+BC. It made an ult that was already hard for me to use even more useless

also if you toss survival mods you can build the same strength as my build anyways so nah, building eff/dur doesn't gimp it at all

Edited by DapperMasquerade

20 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

The bigger picture is the way enemy damage and EHP scales in the higher level content. We are discussing a few options at this time on the way scaling works, but ultimately we will preserve increased difficulty over time that demands a 'be careful and get out or get killed' set of stakes the longer you spend in a mission. The long term of this will demand a greater Dev Workshop as we make decisions on the topic - more to come here.

If this means that enemies will still 1HKO every single thing at high levels, then if you're not making them more "humane" when talking about weapon potential/aim, like aimbotting snipers and rockets capable of following you around for a full minute, then you're completely missing the point. Because in the end enemies are gonna scale WAY better compared to the players, which are gonna have to be forced to use cheesy tactics in order to reach higher levels, again.

Also can we talk about Semi-Autos/Bows potential on this game? In the end these kind of weapons will be outclassed every single time they're against hordes of enemies(which is completely normal in Warframe) or Nullifiers(which are completely destroying the potential of those, if they had any chance to be compared to others) compared to our classic Full Auto/AoE weapons, which also the majority of times are even getting more damage output compared to these skill-based weapons.

I hope you will consider to take a look about what blocks people from "customizing" their experience with the weapons/frames they want to use on your game, because that's the major problem going around right now with the high-levels.

4 minutes ago, DapperMasquerade said:

nah the thing is the nerf was designed to screw people who WHERE building for eff/dur. the Drain is high if you build that way now anyways. For a build like mine its insane, some 15 a second, for a version of her ult thats already gimped anyways since its designed to use melee weapons with BR+BC. It made an ult that was already hard for me to use even more useless

also if you toss survival mods you can build the same strength as my build anyways so nah, building eff/dur doesn't gimp it at all

Hysteria drain is almost nonexistent even after new tweaks if you build valkyr right. I have a perfect hysteria build and it perform just as great as before, with about 1.5 energy\sec drain.Thats a small cost for invincibility+insane damage if you ask me

22 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Enemy Plasma Grenades:

If you're like me and you have been playing a lot of Void Defense lately, it's more than likely you've had a mission failed due to one stray grenade from the enemy. These seemingly infinite-damage-scaling grenades of doom can be a death sentence, so here's what's coming:

Before enemy Plasma Grenades explode, they will live for 3 seconds after coming to a rest on the ground. Plasma Grenades can now be shot in air or when they are on the ground. When an enemy Plasma Grenade is shot and killed, it will explode and damage any enemies in range with no damage to you. A Tenno with a keen ear will be able to identify these threats and counter them with an accurate shot before it's too late.

Ballistas:

Ballistas will have telegraphing when they are winding up to fire off a round from their deadly Vulkars. An observant Tenno will be better able to identify and prioritize these threats.

Hyekka Masters: 

For now this is as simple as fixing the Hyekka Master’s Ignis dealing damage through walls.

Should you have anything else in mind, leave a comment below linking to your existing feedback thread, or simply discuss here.

Long term:

The bigger picture is the way enemy damage and EHP scales in the higher level content. We are discussing a few options at this time on the way scaling works, but ultimately we will preserve increased difficulty over time that demands a 'be careful and get out or get killed' set of stakes the longer you spend in a mission. The long term of this will demand a greater Dev Workshop as we make decisions on the topic - more to come here.

Any chance we can say that long term should have been 1 year ago when raids came out and that we play a game where you kill everything in one shot and get killed in one shot that has nothing to do with skill, is not fun to play and just a endless boring grind. There is 0, in a word zero "be careful" if everything in sortis instantly kills and you get gimped to hell and back without broken tank frames because you get one hit by everything all the time with Frames like Ember at higher levels. The game is exactly the boring and mind numbing dumb high level experience because broken enemy HP, damage and armor scaling what means CP or get the F*** out, CC everything, kill everything instantly or get killed instantly by anything.

The problem with the grenades is that they don't have a clear indicator, you can hear them and then pick a direction to run to avoid damage, uncertain if you actually just run into it, what is what kills most people.

Ballistas have avoided the U17 accidental fix(that came halve a year after the actual fix that did nothing for solo\host players, you did still get shot across the hole map with 100% accuracy), in sorti every time you hear a ballista shot, somebody in your team dies, even with good players. I did went down 2 times in a interception and did 6 revives, every single one of this was by getting one hit by a ballista.

Hyekka Masters need a EHP nerf, preferable reducing the armor to normal levels, at high levels they are worse bullet sponges then Bombards\Heavy Gunners.

Damage scaling should be caped at L60, in return nerf all the 90% damage reduction and HP pools like Inaros down to reasonable levels. Players should not die instantly against everything, because at this point you throw player skill completely out of the window, you should not need a frame that got 10-20 times the EHP of a normal frame with just a defensive mod. This is also the reason why healing in the game does not work at all, I can't heal a levelling mirage on Drako with a Trinity, I have to bless the hole time. The player takes 0 damage 95% of the time and then instantly dies by a scorch or getting hit by anything. Same is true in sortis with extra damage, everybody just gets killed in a single hit, the main reason why nobody heals with Trinity and just does bless, is exactly because you can't heal people that die instantly. Things are even worse on Oberon and Equinox where heals are not instant or need to be charged in the first place. Armor scaling should be removed and weapon damage should be tuned down. Corrosive procs should be changed to always the maximum armor pool as base for calculation instead of the remaining to stay viable under this conditions.

22 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Warframe Feedback:

We've reviewed and made some changes to the following Warframe abilities. Everything is subject to change pending testing, but here are our current plans for Hotfix 18.13.2. Please note we also have a stack of fixes coming, but those are rooted in bug squashing and not principle design so aren't covered here.

Trinity: Blessing: Damage Resistance is no longer calculated based on an Average, but instead a flat value simply capped at 75% (which can be achieved via use of Strength mods). We are working on making the squad UI show who is in range with the Tenno Affinity markers, it might not be ready for 18.13.2.

Valkyr: Hysteria: Each kill reduces her Hysteria Aura by 1 meter, the aura will continue to grow but killing frequently will keep it tight around you so you can control its range.

Any ETA on a mag rework? No seriously, where is the real rework?

You don't want to pull stuff into your globe at high levels and most of the time you just pull stuff out of your magnetize instead of in it. Add a toggle to push. Btw the spawning at low level maps, the reason why we had the 2. gpull nerf is still not fixed, fix that and remove LOS from self gpull again.

Magnetize as it is, is just as bad as the old BA. Make it switch targets once one is down, move to the next, remove the dot(useless anyway at high levels), once everything in magnetize range is down, it explodes. This stops you from blocking gunfire, for other players and have a proper use of the AOE explosion, by not being penalized to mod to much duration and removes the full protection all units in the magnetize enjoy because all bullets get redirected into the dead one. Btw it is still bugged that at the edges in the magnetize you can get shot from units inside it, same bug that is in the game since ages with BA. Also the base range needs to be at last 100% bigger to have proper use against groups.

Shield Polarise, who did test it? It does next to nothing against all factions now, you need 13 casts wtih 200% strength to remove the armor from L135 heavy gunners and deplete your hole energy pool in the process. Please stop to build any frame around to have a trinity next to it or Zenurik by default(even that is not enught for the current mag) casts should have a percentage armor reduction, always taking away from the max. Make it 20% armor removal at 100% so a 200% strength mag should not have to use more then 3 casts to remove armor, a 100% would need 5(at what point there would be already no reason to ever use mag over a real damage frame). Wave movement needs to be at least twice as fast. Against shields make it jump targets within 10m(affected by power range) instant once you hit the first and give it back full shield scaling so at least it manages to kill localized small groups. Currently you can outdo Mag vs corpus with any kind of dps frame. Void you doped the ball a year ago and I see no use for mag till healers get her well deserved nerfbat, since they utterly F*** over specific damage frames like Ember or Mag while they have next to no impact on others. Btw the augment mod is still horrible, make it A: affect the hole team or B: allow over shields to stack up unlimited for 15s and then drop to the normal cap when not refreshed.

Crush needs still a bug fix that under lag enemy units that are in range often ignore all but the last CC tick. Btw the augment still does not scale with power strength, fix that and you can throw the hole SP armor reduction rework where it belongs, in the trash can.

Overall I played mag a lot and the frame is absolute mess currently. It is just as useless as saryn without specific weapons, it is just as cheesy with it and even less energy efficient, compared to a frame that you can't play at all efficient without Zenurik. Just a reminder, Saryn is also still in a bad place with badly thought out mechanics if you consider shooting your molt with a Torid for the hole drako round or pressing 1, shooting stuff with a gas weapon and then spam 4 just for CC is fairly boring and dull game play, like I do.

Valkyr:

Give hysteria 20s god mode, this is more then enught to do revives, life support or get out of a bad situation. Nerf the Hysteria weapon base damage down to 50. Every 10s(after the first 20s) you get a stack that adds 50% damage to your melee and removes 20% damage reduction, at 0 damage reduction is removed and every new stack increases damage against you by 5% and still improves damage by 50%. Not taking damage for 10s will end hysteria after the first 20s and the key should be to stay in hysteria as long as you can and deal with the damage to improve your own damage output while HP and armor mods have purpose again on the frame.

Trinity: 75% damage reduction is fairly useless in the game as it is, simply because damage scaling at high levels or sortis is so high that 4 times of the normal hit points will still make next to no difference. The 75% are a good idea(even 50% would work) if you fix enemy damage output to make healing viable and damage reduction important without ending up being useless(like the 75% will be currently) or OP like the 99.997% like it was till the changes.

Edited by Djego27

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Just a bit more information for everyone comin' in hot here. Rejoice!

So I think I'm a bit confused. If I am mastery rank 16, does that mean my gear will cap out at 32 capacity with a reactor/catalyst? If this is true then isn't that much less capacity than we could achieve previously?? Seems like a nerf of sorts to the capacity for lower ranked players. Unless I'm missing something.

Edited by RawGritz

Just now, -CM-Hekovashi said:

Hysteria drain is almost nonexistent even after new tweaks if you build valkyr right. I have a perfect hysteria build and it perform just as great as before, with about 1.5 energy\sec drain.Thats a small cost for invincibility+insane damage if you ask me

Yah missed my point, I don't want to use a Hysteria build, The nerf didn't even stop people from perma Hysteria-ing, but it DID pretty much eliminate it as an option on my build, as it drain my energy in 20 some odd seconds. 

So the nerf didn't hurt ult spammers, but if #*($%%@ people who in-and-out Warcry build, which wasn't even the point of the nerf in the first place

19 hours ago, TheMortemShadow said:

Thank you for listening to our feedback; however, I still noticed there wasn't any mentions of changing some of the passives that feedback has determined as hurtful, not useful, or simply it's not a passive. Will there be a later hotfix changing some of these passives or perhaps adding one to Chroma? I'd just like word if this is in progress and if you're going to change some of the passives so we fully know you are listening to our feedback. Again, thank you, but there is still work to be done. 

I'm resending this because, again, some of us are really unhappy with some of the passives, such as Loki, Oberon, Nyx, Chroma, and some others. So please, give us word or an update to the hotfix if you will be changing some of these passives because some of us are really upset about them.

Thank you. 

1 minute ago, RawGritz said:

So I think I'm a bit confused. If I am mastery rank 16, does that mean my gear will cap out at 32 capacity with a reactor/catalyst? If this is true then isn't that much less capacity than we could achieve previously?? Seems like a nerf of sorts to the capacity for lower ranked players. Unless I'm missing something.

You missed the part that says " The cap on capacity remains unchanged. "

You are MR 16.

All of your gear will start with 16 (32 with reactor/catalyst) points at rank 0.

Either

-you will gain points per level until you hit the normal cap (30/60) or
-you will not gain points until your item's rank exceeds your MR.

Either way, levels on non-warframes are now wasted to an extent.

It will start at 32(16), basically you never have to level the first 16 levels of a weapon/frame again and will just level from your new starting point(what is your MR rating) to 30 and have your 60 mod points with a catalyst\reactor like it is now.