Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opinion on the anticipated Dark Split-Sword

DeMonkey

Disappointment quite frankly.

I was kinda hoping, and I'm sure I'm not the only one, that we would actually be able to change it mid mission. (Wink wink reload is currently un-used whilst melee is equipped).

The only innovative thing that this weapon has is that it's 2 completely separate weapons for the price of one.

What do you guys think, is it how you imagined it would be?

Doesn't surprise me DE recycles old weapons for sake of having "reason" to hunt for them.

Specifically Alert weapons :l

1 minute ago, Dante123pl said:

you cant split it in mission?

Check the patch note video, you can split them.

Nvm o-o aw thats shame if cant split 'em mid mission...

I like looks and at least is not another polearm ~~

Edited by Fionntan

I was actually really excited about this. I'm kind of hoping DE gives us the ability to slot in 2 stance mods, deciding which stance for each mode. Maybe make it so that we only gain extra mod capacity for one stance? Or a different load out for each stance?

Might just be easier to make a brand new stance for the weapon in general.

I got so excited.. I love melee, and this lit a spark inside me... it's gone now.

Back to waiting I guess.

I'm disapointed. Was this weapon not first introduced as being able to change within mission? Or was that just an assumption that the community made? Either way, I feel the concept is a bit wasted.

1 minute ago, Dante123pl said:

why they cant just put split on altfire and add 2nd stance slot =.=

Because reasons. I'd like to think DE have alot on their mind with U19 and are slightly distracted.

1 minute ago, NightBlitz said:

not a waste, just not the absolute best use. theres a major difference

No, it's literally a waste of a concept. This isn't a weapon that splits, it's just 2 separate weapons that share a slot/mod loadout.

Just now, DeMonkey said:

Because reasons. I'd like to think DE have alot on their mind with U19 and are slightly distracted.

No, it's literally a waste of a concept. This isn't a weapon that splits, it's just 2 separate weapons that share a slot/mod loadout.

clearly we have different standards then. to me it could be improved, but its still not a waste as it is

1 minute ago, (XB1)BURRITO DEVIL said:

why the hell would you want to switch anyway? Even if you could you would still use the better alt mode

Dual swords to build up your melee combo meter, then switch over to heavy for massive damage with the combo multiplier.

That would've been fun...

Just now, (XB1)BURRITO DEVIL said:

why the hell would you want to switch anyway? Even if you could you would still use the better alt mode

Because fun? Not everyone goes for the best item/mode possible.

1 minute ago, NightBlitz said:

clearly we have different standards then. to me it could be improved, but its still not a waste as it is

Apparently so, I'll clarify. If DE show off a concept for a splitting weapon, release something they claim is a splitting weapon, and said weapon can't actually split... then as far as I am concerned it's a wasted concept.

The problem all this time has been they've wanted us to allow us to change it mid mission. Since there's no system in place that would allow us though, they've had to resign to this solution. Still better than nothing on my book.

On the other hand, I wonder if we could get new stances that allowed us to do that via combos, hmm...

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

Apparently so, I'll clarify. If DE show off a concept for a splitting weapon, release something they claim is a splitting weapon, and said weapon can't actually split... then as far as I am concerned it's a wasted concept.

exacly this a spliting weapon that doesnt split

its just 2 separate weapons

I feel the same, a lot of potential for a great weapon was wasted, like the op mentioned it just feels like 2 seperate weapons sharing the same weapon slot.

I mean imagine if equinox was like Chroma and could only switch forms in the arsenal?

Edited by Dragazer

Here's how I imagine it went down:

• Geoff has an idea for a really ambitious new weapon that can split and would have a new stance
  • Proves to be too difficult, Geoff abandons it and forgets about it
  • Months later, Rebecca asks about it in a Devstream, prompting a 'Oh sh** I forgot about that' response
  • Quickly cobbles something together with the assets that were completed that requires almost no work
  • $$$

Just now, AM-Bunny said:

• Geoff has an idea for a really ambitious new weapon that can split and would have a new stance
  • Months later, Rebecca asks about it in a Devstream, prompting a 'Oh sh** I forgot about that' response
  • Quickly cobbles something together with the assets that were completed that requires almost no work
  • $$$

I should feel annoyed at how accurate this is... but I'm just feeling numb.

3 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

• $$$

Sorry DE, but...

the truth has been spoken

Add a second stance slot, switch the stances with alt-fire. 

Alexander Meerkat

37 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Disappointment quite frankly.

I was kinda hoping, and I'm sure I'm not the only one, that we would actually be able to change it mid mission. (Wink wink reload is currently un-used whilst melee is equipped).

The only innovative thing that this weapon has is that it's 2 completely separate weapons for the price of one.

What do you guys think, is it how you imagined it would be?

Ragdolled from General Discussion to Feedback Weapons.