Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Completion Sounds [StrawPoll]

MopUpCrewman

We're talking about a minor detail here. Nothing interesting.

With the Lunaro update we received new sounds for the Launcher being ready and for successfully completing Missions. The new sounds are alright but the new mission completion sounds kind of out of place, at least to me.

Imagine you're a new player, you're introduced into this dark, sci-fi world and when you complete a mission you hear this new sound. It would be so random and out of place for them since they would have no idea what the Second Dream is. As I continue this pointless rant on such a minor detail, I propose that the old sound is brought back and only after a player has completed the Second Dream quest should this new mission completion sound take its place.

What do you guys think?

http://www.strawpoll.me/10507183

Edit: The new sound plays even if you fail a mission.

Edited by Senpai-Pie

why do you say

50 minutes ago, Senpai-Pie said:

Imagine you're a new player, you're introduced into this dark, sci-fi world and when you complete a mission you hear this new sound. It would be so random and out of place for them since they would have no idea what the Second Dream is.

if they're a new player, then they don't know if that's a new sound or not...and they certainly wouldn't know if it were from the second dream or not

2 minutes ago, Magicfingers said:

they certainly wouldn't know if it were from the second dream or not

Please re-read my statement. I said it would be out of place in their current situation exactly because they wouldn't know what the Second Dream is.

1 minute ago, Senpai-Pie said:

Please re-read my statement. I said it would be out of place in their current situation exactly because they wouldn't know what the Second Dream is.

but to the new player, it's just music. when you first play a new game. do you think the music for it sounds out of place?

Just now, Magicfingers said:

but to the new player, it's just music. when you first play a new game. do you think the music for it sounds out of place?

You're alone, awoken after thousands of years by an unknown voice that tries to save you from an army of mindless soldiers after having a bomb strapped to you.

I don't see how a heroic theme would be fitting of the situation.

3 minutes ago, Senpai-Pie said:

You're alone, awoken after thousands of years by an unknown voice that tries to save you from an army of mindless soldiers after having a bomb strapped to you.

I don't see how a heroic theme would be fitting of the situation.

you're a new player...you don't know much about the game, either the mechanics of the game or the lore, so you're not gonna stop and say "hey!!! this music doesn't fit!!!" you're just gonna play the game and not even think about the music being out of place,,,it's the first time you've heard it and so you accept it, until some other player who's been playing longer comes along and says "hey!!! this music doesn't fit!!!"...but maybe, to the new player, it does since they haven't heard any different music

Just now, Magicfingers said:

you're a new player...you don't know much about the game, either the mechanics of the game or the lore, so you're not gonna stop and say "hey!!! this music doesn't fit!!!" you're just gonna play the game and not even think about the music being out of place,,,it's the first time you've heard it and so you accept it, until some other player who's been playing longer comes along and says "hey!!! this music doesn't fit!!!"...but maybe, to the new player, it does since they haven't heard any different music

Something can still feel out of place even if you've heard it for the first time and you have nothing to compare it with.

Just now, Senpai-Pie said:

Something can still feel out of place even if you've heard it for the first time and you have nothing to compare it with.

Now, if DE added a song similar in the Tutorial it would make sense...

Its the Grineer music all over its stage. Cant think of a moment where we could put it... maybe at the moment when we chose the Warframe and use our powers?

33 minutes ago, Magicfingers said:

30 minutes ago, Senpai-Pie said:

If you guys don't mind my intrusion in this discussion... 

This is a subjective point you guys are making

While I agree that a new player may not care for the new music as they just started the game since he has no true understanding of what the game plot or influences are, the new music does sound a bit off, specialy if you haven't finished the Second Dream since most of the other musics he will hear troughout the game are not similar at all with the new composition, there is no certainty in this. 

In the end, it will be up to the new player to decide what to feel about it anyway.

Edited by Henji

My personal vote is that it doesn't fit well with an end of mission vibe- and it should go.

DE has this bad habit of seeing something successful and plastering it everything else. Cloth physics got a good reception when capes came out..... they threw it on everything else. Exalted blade was popular (for ALL the wrong reasons...)... and so followed a suite of frames using "exalted" weapons... Second dream was popular. They decided to start doing massive cinematic quests (that a team their size doesn't seem to even be able to handle well...). The second dream music is kickass- so now they're throwing it everywhere they can. Etc etc.

Edited by Stratego89

1 hour ago, Senpai-Pie said:

We're talking about a minor detail here. Nothing interesting.

With the Lunaro update we received new sounds for the Launcher being ready and for successfully completing Missions. The new sounds are alright but the new mission completion sounds kind of out of place, at least to me.

Imagine you're a new player, you're introduced into this dark, sci-fi world and when you complete a mission you hear this new sound. It would be so random and out of place for them since they would have no idea what the Second Dream is. As I continue this pointless rant on such a minor detail, I propose that the old sound is brought back and only after a player has completed the Second Dream quest should this new mission completion sound take its place.

What do you guys think?

http://www.strawpoll.me/10507183

Yup. I agree too. The words "out of place" is a fair description.

Now, I do believe that end of mission should have a music. But for this end of mission music, it sounds somewhat off. Or, maybe it's just missing something that doesn't "tune in" like the rest of all Warframe musics.

Edited by ndantony

George teased that this is tied to the new theme that's dropping soonTM.

I guess it's the War Within signature music.

1 minute ago, Wevi said:

The Mission fail is exactly the same as mission complete. Is DE trying to tell us something?

Anyway why not use the same mission fail sound from closed beta?

On another note the launcher sound is horrid.

Am I the only weird guy that likes the Lunaro thing? ?_?

Edited by NightmareT12

The Mission fail is exactly the same as mission complete. Is DE trying to tell us something?

Anyway why not use the same mission fail sound from closed beta?

On another note the launcher sound is horrid.

32 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

George teased that this is tied to the new theme that's dropping soonTM.

I guess it's the War Within signature music.

Am I the only weird guy that likes the Lunaro thing? ?_?

What annoys  me more than the  launcher sounds is how DE is keeping this full composition of the 2nd dream music. That sound is at least  7 mins long but they are just cutting it up and putting it into the game.

By the time they release the full song I'm gonna get sick of it.

Edited by Wevi

> Be removed and replaced with the old one.

14 hours ago, Chroia said:

It starts low, builds up high, then stops abruptly. That's the 'jarringly'.

Between the rising vocals and the full-bodied sound of the orchestra, clearly it's intended to be an 'epic' soundbite.
Let me give you an example of what I heard that music play for, unstaged (could've e.g. invis-ed m way through a cap or deception), just now:

m8L39fM.jpg

Moreover, with Warframe's reward structure (e.g. Vauban Prime's chance of dropping from any given mission), junk rewards form the vast majority of what a player'll get. Salt in the wound.

That's the 'inappropriate'.