The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baro Ki'Teer 17/06/2016 and Primed Pressure Point [Megathread]

iwoply

7 minutes ago, DJ_SkruLoose said:

I was being sarcastic, should have put a "/s" after it.

Oww, my bad. Now that you say it, no idea why I jumped the gun there. Probably because of the overall number of defensive posts for the state of a mod that wasn't even intended to be released.

For the longest time people complained about how weak melee was in the face of guns. They had better mods and better stats. Now we finally get a glorious shiny mod that makes melee more rewarding and people are complaining? I know DE talked about removing mandatory mods but is that patch here yet? Now cut out the whining and let me enjoy cutting up my enemies. Thank you. 

Edited by tripletriple

Just so we are having a discussion about facts and not opinions, I'll include:

• Base damage:  x1
  • Pressure point: x2.2
  • Primed pressure point: x2.65

This means that primed pressure point is a 20% increase to final damage over regular Pressure point.

2 hours ago, NezuHimeSama said:

Why is primed pressure point the same drain per rank but a lower bonus?

They aught to do the whole Primed Pistol Gambit thing if they're going that route. Reduce the drain so PPP is always better than regular pressure point, but harder to level.

+45% damage for same drain per rank, costing +500 cores and over million credits to max it and is only viable when maxed. It isn't even over +120% damage at rank 5 (at that rank it's 90%, 10% more than a maxed damaged variant) as the regular Pressure Point is 120% when at rank 5 (maxed). Sheldon DID sneak the mod in, so it is possible that they did not fix it as Steve did not noticed it. If they lowered the drain or increased the damage that'd be "better".

11 hours ago, Monchopin said:

I have two major concerns regarding this:

1) Weren't you going to remove flat damage mods for damage 3.0? Why add more?

2) Isn't 528 cores for a 45% increase in damage when compared to regular Pressure Point's 120% a bit too mediocre?

primed mods (all of them have) are supposed to increase at a CONSTANT RATE WTF DE 

... it's only 45% more damage than the non prime version. Not really something to flip out about like they were doing so on stream. Sure, pretty op weapons like War and Nikana P. will be pretty sick, but it really just makes most of the "meh" melee options in the game usable rather than being more cringe worthy.

2 hours ago, cookieknife said:

primed mods (all of them have) are supposed to increase at a CONSTANT RATE WTF DE 

C'mon...

Give it at least 17% per rank and start from 2 capacity drain just like Prime Pistol Gambit.

Edited by aerosoul1337

It cost alot to max, it gives less per rank, you need another forma-two to fit in, it's 100% gonna be removed soon*, it's counterproductive to the new direction that DE has taken, it's split comunity for no reason in to 1-players who just don't get why it exist and 2-players with "Hey, more powercreep yeaaaaaa" mindset...it's bad in so many ways that i think de should punish sheldon, like....in hardcore way

Why don't they remove the mod and refund ducats if it was a mistake? It's quite bad anyway. I understand they tried not to make it overpowered, but we're comparing common and primed mods here, it's too weak

Alright, so I've been gone for 30some hours. Haven' watched the Devstream yet, haven't read any overviews, nothing.
The first thing I did was log into the game and headed straight to Baro.
The second thing I'm doing is posting this.

[size=6]WHAT THE EVERLOVING DUCK?![/size]
Who the hell thought this was a good idea?

I don't have the words to express how much upset, disheartenment, rage and betrayal I feel at this moment.

When I have serious problems with a choice DE makes, I don't riot; I do my best to make a post explaining what my problem is and why. (Sadly, my best isn't usually very good.)
And, overall, I trust DE when they straight-out say something (that I don't assume is PR).

There are things that, once done - can't be taken back.
So, DE, honest introspective time: How many things, in retrospect, would you prefer not to have released, or not with their current mechanics/stats? How many of them haven't you changed because of the backlash it'd cause?
Can you honestly say that Primed Pressure Point isn't going to be one of these things?

That's the upset and disheartenment.
This is straight-up locking yourselves further into the downward spiral, and I can think of no good reason to have done it beyond gleeful self-sabotage. (Or, if you're cynical enough - to push the people who missed it to buy plat. And such a sleazy move isn't a better interpretation.)

How many times has Steve expressed the concern that player damage is too high, allowing players to trivialize content or bosses?
It was just in the last few Devstreams (possibly 75, not sure) that Steve said - yet again - that one of his and Scott's regrets are the magnitude to which mods scale.

But enemy scaling was supposed to be taken a look at (a.k.a. damage 3.0) soon, so that would hopefully solve that. I was reassured.

And now this.

I don't like being lied to. I can make some peace with PR, because stupid as I think lying (as opposed to spin) is - my expectations from companies are very low in this regard.

I think that there's a problem. Steve and Scott don't just acknowledge it, they seem to agree and say it'll be addressed - and so I am reassured, feel - for lack of a better word - safe in my faith that this will be resolved. And then PPP is released.

That's the rage and betrayal.

Nerfs, 5% drop rates from Rot C missions, hard counter braindead enemies, all of these things I can live with.
What - if any - actions DE take consequently to this will decide if this was the straw that broke my investment's back.

1 hour ago, Chroia said:

[size=6]WHAT THE EVERLOVING DUCK?![/size]

Who the hell thought this was a good idea?

Scott said during the devstream that he put the mod in months back, before he even starting his huge balancing project. A while back, he put a note in to never release that mod - but Sheldon screwed up. Although one could argue that it's Scott's fault as well for not deleting the mod entirely instead.

On 6/17/2016 at 11:19 PM, cookieknife said:

They'll probably just put Sheldon in the timeout corner and work on The Path Within. The Primed Fury is at least linear with the increase of percentage, unlike the Primed Pressure Point, which is nice. Glad this isn't that much of a disappointment.

Edited by Krazymace

11 hours ago, Bibliothekar said:

But it does increase at a constant rate. It's 15% per rank.

He means the aside for gambit, all primed mods kept their base % increase and just got more ranks. Primed Pressure point SHOULD be 220% at max, but they nerfed its base gain to 15% from 20%, making the mod only a +45% increase instead of the +100% increase over the original mod's gains. Overall I'm glad the mod is not here to stay else I'd be fairly disappointed to see melee getting shafted on the prime mods.