Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We do have a counter to nullifiers.

Distruco22

We have a Counter to nullifiers Guys!!

Turns out Glaive with maxed out Quick return and Default Unranked Punchthrough mods actually can enter a nully bubble and if you aim at the ground near them the Explosion will kill up untill level 105 (atleast for my 3 forma and 1 potato glaive) 

So if your Going corpus hunting use da glaive :D

any Glaive type weapons i guess will Work (throwing melee) but the (alert weapon) glaive is the only one i have experimented with and it turns out that this has been here for a long time :D

De ty for giving Glaive a purpose.... if only we knew that sooner ;-;  

Gl hf tenno

i think the problem is that the glaive (and glaive-likes) underperforms elsewhere for most players tastes. i personally have no issues with nullies so i dont need a 'hard' counter. a good old fashion run in run out or pick from afar with automatic weaponry works quite well in my experience

Edited by Caobie

I already knew about this, but still take issue with it - It takes away the choice. There are some frames that rely on self buffs for their own survival, and have no interest in rushing headlong into a nullifier bubble (example: Chroma). So those frames are stuck with either automatic weapons or glaives. Nullies are really bad design - the allure of Warframe is to use powers and kill hordes of mobs. They design a enemy that limits weapon choice, and takes away the use of abilities - the main selling point of Warframe.

54 minutes ago, Nine-Tails said:

Or you know, just design a better enemy that isn't cheese with a bubble.

Hmmm....not sure if serious or joking.

How many bubbles do Warframe users have? 

Frost, Nyx, Mag, Nova, Vaub, Ember, and Any others I might have not listed? Bubbles are fun! 

Wait....lemme guess- you only prefer the player to have bubbles? Ahhhh.

Bubbles are fine and good for enemies. It shows us the main threat in a bunch and gives them the same coverage for protection that we get. Remember that before Nullies showed up we had Eximus tossing up Ice Bubbles and Explosion Bubbles....Heck we still do and no one complains about those. 

OP- nice find on your own without reading the WIKI/Bing/Google/Forums. This is what it Was like back in the days before interwebs sharing. Discovered on your own. 

Cheers

The thing with nullies that they limit your weapon choice and frame choice , like i can't get rid of the bubble with a sniper or a shotgun , i must have rifle . And i just can't enter the bubble cuz certain warframes rely on their powers for survivability so i can't melee and i don't want to stick to a certain weapon that maybe i don't like.

Lotus: Incoming Sortie Alert, Tenno. I am detecting a large platoon of Nullifiers.

Lotus: Exterminate them all. 0/100 kills

Lotus: .......oh btw, FEDEX called and they had some problem with icy road conditions and were only manage to deliver only SNIPERS to your arsenal.

Lotus: Call Ordis for extraction after you're done.

Tenno: .... :clem: 

Edited by (PS4)A_SimpleName

1 hour ago, Homer87 said:

I already knew about this, but still take issue with it - It takes away the choice. There are some frames that rely on self buffs for their own survival, and have no interest in rushing headlong into a nullifier bubble (example: Chroma). So those frames are stuck with either automatic weapons or glaives. Nullies are really bad design - the allure of Warframe is to use powers and kill hordes of mobs. They design a enemy that limits weapon choice, and takes away the use of abilities - the main selling point of Warframe.

I don't use redirection or vitality on rhino and nullies are a threat to that build.

6 hours ago, Distruco22 said:

Turns out Glaive with maxed out Quick return and Default Unranked Punchthrough mods actually can enter a nully bubble and if you aim at the ground near them the Explosion will kill up untill level 105 (atleast for my 3 forma and 1 potato glaive) 

any Glaive type weapons i guess will Work (throwing melee) but the (alert weapon) glaive is the only one i have experimented with and it turns out that this has been here for a long time :D

Gl hf tenno

The largest problem with Nullifier design is they remove weapon options to the point only a few are left as viable choices.

4 hours ago, (XB1)DShinShoryuken said:

Hmmm....not sure if serious or joking.

How many bubbles do Warframe users have? 

Frost, Nyx, Mag, Nova, Vaub, Ember, and Any others I might have not listed? Bubbles are fun! 

Wait....lemme guess- you only prefer the player to have bubbles? Ahhhh.

Comparing AI weaponry against player is pretty bad. This isn't PvP.  Its not required to be fair, only challenging and fun.

There are basic rules that apply to majority of PvE systems that you don't give to enemy units because they lack skillful countermeasures. Hit-scan weapons is a good example. A protective bubble is not a problem on it's own, but the design around this bubble is since it severely limits play style choices in a game that likes to pride itself on a "Tool Box" of player options.

5 hours ago, Nine-Tails said:

^This

and

10 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

The largest problem with Nullifier design is they remove weapon options to the point only a few are left as viable choices.

^This

20 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Warframe only has 4 weapon options: single shot, burst, automatic, and close combat. Nullifiers just makes single shot weapons ineffective, burst weapons are in the middle, and automatic weapons and close combat still highly effective against them.

What' "few viable choices" (Unless you're one of those people who just takes a Tonkor/Simulor and a Sonicor to every mission they go into)?

Edited by Alma_Elma

Just now, Alma_Elma said:

leaving autoamtic weapons and close combat still highly effective against them.

Melee is too riskful since you can get rekt by other mates of the nullifier in the process.

And you also forgot the 4th weapon option: AoE. Have fun dealing with nullifiers with a stug or penta. Funnily, tonkor is the most effective launcher against them, cuz no self dmg.

7 hours ago, Distruco22 said:

Gl hf tenno

What about stacked multiple Bubbles with Frost Bubble Eximi and Ancients while you´re dodging bombard missiles, fire eximi explosions and super accuracy hitscan weapons all at once?

26 minutes ago, Alma_Elma said:

Warframe only has 4 weapon options: single shot, burst, automatic, and close combat. Nullifiers just makes single shot weapons ineffective, burst weapons are in the middle, and automatic weapons and close combat still highly effective against them.

What' "few viable choices" (Unless you're one of those people who just takes a Tonkor/Simulor and a Sonicor to every mission they go into)?

Those aren't weapon options.

It also has little to do with the trigger mechanism and more to do with the RoF.

My Tonkor is 2% used. My Simulor is 2% used. My Sonicor is 7% used.

Edited by Xzorn

7 hours ago, BlackCoMerc said:

My hard counter for Nullifiers lately has been to spend my time and money on games that are actually fun, and that feature sound enemy design as opposed to knee jerk reactions to forum complaints. 

IE, not Waframe...

Like........?

With the addition of Kombas, or whatever they're called, Nullifiers should have been removed and Corrupted Kombas should've been added. They perform the same purpose of restricting our powers without restricting our weapon choice. Nullifiers were just a kneejerk reaction to people easily farming Syndicate rep with three frame's abilities.

10 hours ago, Nine-Tails said:

Just do me a favor and look up etymology of the word "cheese" and check if you are using it correctly before using it again. Seriously.

5 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Those aren't weapon options.

It also has little to do with the trigger mechanism and more to do with the RoF.

My Tonkor is 2% used. My Simulor is 2% used. My Sonicor is 7% used.

You do know that there's only a small amount of viable, slow-firing automatic weapons, right?