The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Elitism

Some folks at Draco getting mad that people who join pug matches that don't know how to "Draco" properly (capping 2 points and keeping 1 neutral)

Like is there something in the non-existent Warframe tutorial that highlights this? IS there any "proper" way to play a round of interception?

Why do you expect people in pug matches to automatically know how to do this, let alone agree to prolonging boring gameplay just so you can get a couple extra ranks for your gear?

Edited by Tricky5hift

1 hour ago, Drunkenbagel said:

Maybe they just prefer Drunkenbagels over DrunkenSwedes?

As well they should! Bagels taste way better than swedes do.

53 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Is it that time of week again?  I've seen this post a dozen times at least.  Anyway, yes there are snooty players, yes there are rude and annoying players, and there are also good helpful happy players.  It is pure RNG who you get.

Find a clan you like, even if you aren't active a lot or like to solo chances are good that people in clans tend to be nicer to those who are in the same clan.

Some people are jerks and demand the game be played precisely how they want it to be, ignore those people.

This. Not much more needs to be said, really.

2 minutes ago, PureIcarus said:

Don't know the number of times people get pissed because i refuse to sit in a tunnel on T4 survival because its BORING....

In all fairness  not everyone finds a squad that runs all over the place in different directions and rooms like a squad full of chickens with their heads cut off fun either.

Ive likely done over a thousand Void survivals by now. Like anything else in life you do a couple of thousand times it is no longer New or Exciting but is more akin to muscle memory or habit. Im not in a void survival to have fun in the first place I am there to grind my reward. And in doing so I prefer to do so efficiently all camped in the same room or spot as the rest of my  squad .

So naturally I run my clan and train new players to play like I do, I create squads in recruitment with others who play like I do. I  go out of my way to surround myself with Tenno who are more or less of similar mind and play style.

So does this make me an Elitist? Well I don't think so, at least I hope not.

I would define an Elitist player as someone who  instead of being open and helpful to all players uses their position to separate their self from the rest. That is to say those that inflate their Ego and measure epeen through that of exclusivity. An Elitist would never Taxi a noob to an alert, or to help someone else reach their own level because if everyone had what they perceive as making them special then they are now UN-unique.

So if I ask that MR-6 frost if he has x mods before I invite him to my 100 wave T4 def im hosting through recruitment chat and I do not Invite him because he does not, doesn't mean I am an Elitist. Perhaps even explaining why I think that mod was needed and why I thought it was important and encourage/explain to them how to get it.

But if i messaged that mr-6 back negatively, in a way that put him down while elevating what I perceive as superiority flauntingly then I would be an Elitist

I just join public sorties. We get what we get, fail or succeed. I don't do recruiting Draco. Only public. 

It's possible I have the benefit of a higher MR (15) and people who do MR checks are less prone to ignore me (but I get plenty of no responses and no-invites when I whisper. Nature of the beast, baby). That said, after my initial solo start (up to MR 4 or 5? I cannot honestly remember), I've always played this way.

If people didn't invite me back then because I had a low MR, I didn't know it and didn't care. They simply didn't invite me. It shouldn't matter, an MR**, but if it does to the host, then it does. Keep moving. You'll find folks who don't care.

** That said, many times a high MR is an indicator of how long someone has played the game, how reliable they might be, how familiar with a boss, mission type, enemy, tactics to counter said enemy, etc. How much gear they've acquired and the time they've put into ranking it up, tricking it out, and how that translates into defensive prowess, attack power, and survival rates. Essentially, in a game where we want to succeed as fast, and as often as possible in order to get to our reward, a high MR can often seem to ensure swift success. (This is not always the case, obviously.)

MR is not a worthless metric that only serves to boost egos, but it shouldn't be a barrier to recruiting in the vast majority of content. (Then there are those sorties

As for me, I invite people to missions two ways. Examples:

H T4 D (or DPS Saryn HT4 D / EV Trin H T4 D, etc)

• If I get 3+ whipsers, I invite the first three people to whisper.
  • If I get less than 3, I request one more player
  • Players bring whatever they bring. I'll ask what people can run once they're in the mission. Can you Frost? Can you EV? No, guess I'll EV then. No, I'll get a Frost then. (My frost has been lvl 0 for weeks. Poor guy got forma'd again and I neglected him.)
  • I don't MR check. I do not care what your MR is. If your MR is low OR high, I only care that you listen to advice when you're failing alone, or failing the team (which is the same thing), and pull your weight to help us succeed.

H T4 D - Need Frost, others optional (at the most, I'll ask for a Frost and an EV)

• There are occasions where I do plan to rely on Frost and EV for support due to my build, or my gear level. As the host, if you don't want to Frost or EV, that's cool. I am only asking those who can to fill one or two slots. The other one or two slots are free. Whisper fast.
  • This doesn't happen often as Frosts know their defensive support, and armor stripping/damage role all too well (so I rarely have to ask), and I can pizza my way through a poor efficiency massacre, and keep my allies stocked. (ODD and Uranus survival are mainstays in my farming schedules.)
Edited by Rhekemi

LOL.  A lot of times when I see people looking for certain frames for an " Elite " squad, they are usually MR10 or below, have on low level gear with hardly any mods, and usually don't have the frames they are looking for.  It's usually fun when people just join and work together, it's nothing like a good fight ).

11 minutes ago, Lord_Azrael said:

As well they should! Bagels taste way better than swedes do.

Hmmmm....not sure what type of Swedes you have had a chance to taste....but the few I have indulged in were almost nirvanic in nature to the taste factory. 

Back on track- they exist everywhere sad to say. Met one the other day in TradeFrame. Informed me that he dislikes dealing with scabs of players with no real plat to buy his stuff since he has 1500 hours and 9000+ plat. 

For those making squads up in PUBLIC, that is low down soiled undies dirty. It is PUBLIC for a reason. You want choice and constricted creation, put yo azz in Invite Only or Friends Only. Make a party and hope you get Leroy Jenks by one of your elite tier "friends". 

Carry on and enjoy thyselves

1 hour ago, starscream5269 said:

I know that if I'm looking for a long duration endurance run I wouldn't want inexperienced players ruining it for me. I've ran into countless terrible players wasting my keys.  

That's not the problem. It's when people act lazy and start asking for specific MR (even though that means very little), or start asking for meta frames for trivial things. I got told off from a T1 D for 20 mins because I didn't want to play EV or Slova.

Not only that, the other problem is so-called elitists bad-mouthing other players for whatever reason. Of course, we can just ignore them, but that doesn't excuse their behaviour.

1 hour ago, Ins. said:

So wanting everybody in the squad to put in the same effort is now elitism?

There's a distinct difference between a host wanting to know if I can handle what I'm signing up for and a host demanding a series of specifics for trivial matters such as Tower runs.

Who's to say that even though I have all the 'l33t' gear the host demands that I won't suck rocks anyway? That's all I'm getting at here. Those are usually the folks who, in reality, just want to be carried.

Edited by (XB1)Drunken Swede

It probably stems from people having bad experiences with pubs in the past and so go to extra steps to get a solid player with the gear they want so as to not repeat that experience. Which is something I think we can all sypathize with.

Granted you can find loads of examples where people are way beyond overkill in their requirements and specifics. Like trying to do a T2 surv 40mins and asking for all players to take CP and making you play and EV trin when you might as well just have one player CC and everyone else just needs one maxed weapon and can just take whatever else to level and they'd be more than fine.

but if it's not your lobby or key, you can't complain. Make your own lobby and use your own key and you can inv who ever you like.

I identify as an elitist. 

And one thing I'd like to clear up is that we do not moan about teammates picks.

As Elitists we realise that 9/10 teammates are trash. Being trash, it doesn't matter what they are playing. 

Scrubs complain aboutframe choices because they can't do anything without MUH OPTIMAL COMP.  

1 hour ago, Ins. said:

So wanting everybody in the squad to put in the same effort is now elitism?

There is a difference between wanting everyone to contribute. And demanding that people use the exact Warframe, with the exact weapons and mods, with a certain MR, and shouting "IF you are a Newb you will be Ignored!"

57 minutes ago, (XB1)Drunken Swede said:

There's a distinct difference between a host wanting to know if I can handle what I'm signing up for and a host demanding a series of specifics for trivial matters such as Tower runs.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)IroncladBomber said:

There is a difference between wanting everyone to contribute. And demanding that people use the exact Warframe, with the exact weapons and mods, with a certain MR, and shouting "IF you are a Newb you will be Ignored!"

While I agree that the "NO NOOBS ALLOWED" people can be annoying, it's also really irritating to host something and the people you invite think it's fine to just bring unranked weapons and frames that aren't at all useful. So I see no problem in asking for specific frames and builds. If I want an EV trin I want an EV trin, not a weird trin build with duration and no strength or range.

I'm Mr 21 maxed out for console i have 99% of everything in the game mods and weapons maxed I have still been called a noob for not having a high enough mod level.  I have been playing for close to 3 years I've never really even payed attention to that number ever...  he's actually only person on Warframe I've ever put on ignore.

3 hours ago, (XB1)Drunken Swede said:

Now, this is a simple query. How often do users encounter snooty players when it comes to putting a squad together?

I primarily play solo due to time constraints thus I haven't joined a clan since I'd be pretty inactive at times. Often times while trying to get in on even Void missions or high stakes alerts I'm bombarded with questions like what my mastery level is (my ML12 isn't enough for some folks), or if I have certain event only mods for top level damage output, a vaulted frame like Frost, etc.

Many times I know for a fact that most of those demands are completely needless. Especially for a simple hour long survival or what have you. It's kind of a joke, really. So what's the big deal?

Wouldn't these people just band together in a top tier clan and form squads from within instead of wasting tons of time sifting through the recruitment channel for 'perfect' players?

Post Script...

Sure, I can buddy up and network with the good guys I run in to on Warframe but this thread is centered around the general attitude of players I have run in to. Also, If you don't like seeing a post like this than kindly carry on. Or don't... I'm sick of your disingenuous assertions!

i hosted T3/4 sab and  cap runs and have had one great expirience with a MR 5, MR6 and a MR 10 which used volt prime, those guys was more then fast and efficient

im a more chilled player and farming is in my blood since i builded my huge dojo alone

as well as those guys was really great, the volt was rushing to the gate and finished it succesful continously and the other 2 and me cared about the cashes

i as a MR19/21 was always the last on the finish

there are tons of great players out there between MR 5 and MR10 and i welcome this

and i hit hard with words and reports for elitist players which ruin teamwork and coop or i leave the mission not before using gently the ignore button after some reminders what warframe means for the teamless brainless elitistic idiots ... =)

hey, i love this idiots, they give me the feeling that im different and remind me that im a teamplayer and caretaker (^^

world changes, people dont, we have to live with it and care about that we share our favors with the right people ...

Edited by Guest

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

I'm Mr 21 maxed out for console i have 99% of everything in the game mods and weapons maxed I have still been called a noob for not having a high enough mod level.  I have been playing for close to 3 years I've never really even payed attention to that number ever...  he's actually only person on Warframe I've ever put on ignore.

Where does one see this "mod level"? 

I have not heard of it before this. Got me curious on how much I suck now. 

2 minutes ago, Ins. said:

While I agree that the "NO NOOBS ALLOWED" people can be annoying, it's also really irritating to host something and the people you invite think it's fine to just bring unranked weapons and frames that aren't at all useful. So I see no problem in asking for specific frames and builds. If I want an EV trin I want an EV trin, not a weird trin build with duration and no strength or range.

Now I agree. If you are doing a Raid or Sortie, it isn't bad to ask if people have Trinity, or Frost, Ect. Asking for a EV Trin isn't a bad thing in those situations. People often ask me what type of Vauban I play.

Outside of those, such as just a normal run. A little less so, but asking never hurt. It becomes Elitism when you, demand they play how you want, when you degrade players with lower MR or those who don't have certain mods/weapons/frames. 

11 minutes ago, (XB1)DShinShoryuken said:

Where does one see this "mod level"? 

I have not heard of it before this. Got me curious on how much I suck now. 

Go to your mod screen and there is this number above your list of mods.  I never really noticed it before every time you max a mod it goes up or if you sell or transmute a mod it goes down.  It will even go up if you Max the same mod over and over and over and over again.

S7Kqcd.jpg

Sample image i googled see above the cards the rating.  I never noticed it before either.

2 hours ago, Tricky5hift said:

Some folks at Draco getting mad that people who join pug matches that don't know how to "Draco" properly (capping 2 points and keeping 1 neutral)

Like is there something in the non-existent Warframe tutorial that highlights this? IS there any "proper" way to play a round of interception?

Why do you expect people in pug matches to automatically know how to do this, let alone agree to prolonging boring gameplay just so you can get a couple extra ranks for your gear?

We all was new once before, We all had to learn like everybody else. No one gains info automaticlly on the first day on Warframe.

This always holds true.

Edited by UltimateGrenninja