Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shockwave-

Syndicate mission reward nerf?

Recommended Posts

I didn't see this in the patch notes but it was so long i could have missed it.

I took a look at my syndicate missions today and the rewards were cut in half. 3K for a top tier mission and 5K for a defense mission on Eris (used to be 6K and 9+K)

Just one more kick in the teeth to add to this update. Guess we needed to have that nerfed because archwing stuff went in there instead of dropping from arching missions. I wanted to play archwing for a reason... not buy it with syndicate standing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a pretty extreme reduction to faction rep for completing their missions.

I have to have faith and assume it was unintentional. From how minor the reward curve between higher tier missions is, the total rep from doing all three can be as low as a third of what it used to be.

For me, not a huge deal. With a 22k daily cap I can still manage 30k a day with just 3 rep missions and no medallions collected.

But that is cripplingly punishing to new, or even well seasoned players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there is a bug now.

They split the syndicate missions into the 5 tiers and you favored syndicate will offer 3 based on your tier.

But somehow they are stuck on the lower tiers now even if you max the syndicates.

Eg. With Perrin Sequence, its 1) Associate 2) Senior Associate 3) Executive 4) Senior Executive 5) Partner

But the missions I am getting are from the 1st 3 tiers when I am actually at partner level.

Also I think the rewards are inverted also. The Associate mission currently give the most rep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope this is a bug and not intentional. Otherwise it's another serious nerf to Prime gear / Ducat acquisition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also noticed The 3 given missions rank names and rewards are sorted in reverse of how they should be:

For example, at Steel Meridian rank General (5), I got these missions:

  • Defender (3) mission >> enemy levels ~20 Standings ~2k
  • Valiant (2) mission >> enemy lvl ~25 Std ~3k
  • Brave (1) mission >> enemy lvl ~30 Std ~5k

I suspect the lowest syndicate rankers are currently getting lowest enemy levels with highest rewards right now = =;

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad i found his thread, i also search there's no mention syndicate point reward reduction in the patch note...WTH?!

Well the bottom line is, if this is a nerfed DE just love kicking our teeth again and again, if this is a bug then this update is broken AF, DE seriously need to have Quality Assurance on next major update because i don't believe they have any atm which is insane considering the current Warframe status in the MMO scene.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hotfixes so far and still no official statement to this issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Possibly broken as intended since you can use syndicate points to get relics it makes sense from their view point to throttle further syndicate point acquisition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's one possible explaination. But ntyd1s' posting makes it look more like the rewards have been flipped so you get high reward if you're low ranked with a syndicate. As I have all my syndicates at max rank I can't verify that. So all we can do is wait for an official statement (and keep asking for one).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For Suda I only got missions from first 3 tiers also.

Just to say, I never had a problem finding a game for max rank missions previously on PC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9.7.2016 at 5:34 PM, Emeryst said:

I think there is a bug now.

They split the syndicate missions into the 5 tiers and you favored syndicate will offer 3 based on your tier.

But somehow they are stuck on the lower tiers now even if you max the syndicates.

Eg. With Perrin Sequence, its 1) Associate 2) Senior Associate 3) Executive 4) Senior Executive 5) Partner

But the missions I am getting are from the 1st 3 tiers when I am actually at partner level.

Also I think the rewards are inverted also. The Associate mission currently give the most rep.

Yep, I think you're right. I have four Syndicates maxed and not one of them has a mission of tier 4 or 5. The highest standing I could attain out of those twelve missions is 3,890.

Does anyone here have a non-maxed Syndicate? It would be interesting to see if the division in mission tiers is bugged anywhere else.

 

Also, I posted a thread in the bug reports section for them to better gain knowledge of the issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2016 at 11:16 AM, Shockwave- said:

I didn't see this in the patch notes but it was so long i could have missed it.

I took a look at my syndicate missions today and the rewards were cut in half. 3K for a top tier mission and 5K for a defense mission on Eris (used to be 6K and 9+K)

Just one more kick in the teeth to add to this update. Guess we needed to have that nerfed because archwing stuff went in there instead of dropping from arching missions. I wanted to play archwing for a reason... not buy it with syndicate standing.

 

On 7/9/2016 at 2:09 PM, Roboplus said:

It's a pretty extreme reduction to faction rep for completing their missions.

I have to have faith and assume it was unintentional. From how minor the reward curve between higher tier missions is, the total rep from doing all three can be as low as a third of what it used to be.

For me, not a huge deal. With a 22k daily cap I can still manage 30k a day with just 3 rep missions and no medallions collected.

But that is cripplingly punishing to new, or even well seasoned players.

This is the only thing that i hate the most in nerf of SOTR, really hard to farm syndicate rep now, and the like forcing us to play with lower players, where as i dont like them just leeching me and wasting my time.... i always solo the syndicate alerts and able to farm likely 40-50k standings per day and i can spend my rep as all the alerts was for a proper ranks SM General get 3 general alerts, CS Genius get 3 genius alerts and so on... now? you know what yappens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hans.Yulian said:

This is the only thing that i hate the most in nerf of SOTR, really hard to farm syndicate rep now, and the like forcing us to play with lower players, where as i dont like them just leeching me and wasting my time.... i always solo the syndicate alerts and able to farm likely 40-50k standings per day and i can spend my rep as all the alerts was for a proper ranks SM General get 3 general alerts, CS Genius get 3 genius alerts and so on... now? you know what yappens

Well, it is clearly not intended as seen in the patch notes. They state we should have one mission each of the tiers 5, 6 and 7 for a max rank Syndicate but at the moment, all we get are the tiers 1, 2 and 3. I made a bug report about this but it'll most likely still take a while given their current workload with all the other issues and fixes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rngd444 said:

Well, it is clearly not intended as seen in the patch notes. They state we should have one mission each of the tiers 5, 6 and 7 for a max rank Syndicate but at the moment, all we get are the tiers 1, 2 and 3. I made a bug report about this but it'll most likely still take a while given their current workload with all the other issues and fixes.

i forgot actually, but i not sure as i remember they make it so that the lower and higher ranked can join you, which means the moment you become the highest, the lower one will join you. Actually i dont care since i will solo them anyway, but i care about the significantly dropped standings that i can get daily...

btw where is the patch note that we will get tier 5,6,7? I'm new in forum and don't have much time to explore..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hans.Yulian said:

i forgot actually, but i not sure as i remember they make it so that the lower and higher ranked can join you, which means the moment you become the highest, the lower one will join you. Actually i dont care since i will solo them anyway, but i care about the significantly dropped standings that i can get daily...

btw where is the patch note that we will get tier 5,6,7? I'm new in forum and don't have much time to explore..

You can find the notes of the main update here (you have to scroll way down to the bottom and expand the changes tab). This is what it says:

Spoiler

As a result of wanting to reduce the amount of playerbase splitting that the Syndicate Mission rank generation created, we've reduced this to simply have 7 missions per Syndicate.

  • At Rank 1 in a given Syndicate, you get missions 1, 2, 3.
  • At Rank 2 in a given Syndicate, you get missions 2, 3, 4.
  • At Rank 3 in a given Syndicate, you get missions 3, 4, 5.
  • At Rank 4 in a given Syndicate, you get missions 4, 5, 6.
  • At Rank 5 in a given Syndicate, you get missions 5, 6, 7.

 

37 minutes ago, Kuestenjung said:

Sure a bug. /s If it is a bug they would have fixxed it with one of the first 10 hotfixes.

You can see my current missions here:

http://puu.sh/q6SHX/627134fe51.jpg

http://puu.sh/q6SIL/2e0ef28da2.jpg

http://puu.sh/q6SJd/9ce059f770.jpg

For reference, you can look up the titles of the respective higher ranks of the Syndicates or you can believe me that none of those missions match either of those (Crusader and Maxim for Hexis, Wise and Genius for Suda, Pure and Flawless for Loka and Senior Executive and Partner for Perrin). Usually, I'm very skeptical myself about some of the stuff they're doing but there's absolutely no reason to think this could be intended.

As for your argument, there are simply too many broken things in the game right now for them to have everything fixed already. For example, the bugged capsule in Grineer Invasion missions is still not working which is surely not intended (or is that a possible nerf to Catalyst and Reactor acquisition? /s)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a fix coming for an unintentional reduction to Syndicate mission Standing rewards in the next Hotfix - sorry about that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

There is a fix coming for an unintentional reduction to Syndicate mission Standing rewards in the next Hotfix - sorry about that!

Aha, had a feeling it wasn't intentional.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

There is a fix coming for an unintentional reduction to Syndicate mission Standing rewards in the next Hotfix - sorry about that!

Thank you very much for clearing that up and lettung us know =D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/07/2016 at 8:55 PM, Kyronz said:

Possibly broken as intended since you can use syndicate points to get relics it makes sense from their view point to throttle further syndicate point acquisition.

Uh huh... and I guess that's why they reduced the cost from 25k for 3 Keys to 20k for 3 Relics, because they want it to be harder to buy them.  Oh wait... that makes zero sense!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

There is a fix coming for an unintentional reduction to Syndicate mission Standing rewards in the next Hotfix - sorry about that!

Come on now we all know its not unintentional. lol.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KingNoobsta said:

Come on now we all know its not unintentional. lol.  

Literally nothing points to that conclusion. But oh well, you're way too convinced of said evil intent without being constructive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rngd444 said:

Literally nothing points to that conclusion. But oh well, you're way too convinced of said evil intent without being constructive.

Literally every reward has been slashed to half. Credits/Affinity/resource drops rewards are slashed to 50% (whether on mission rewards or sortie rewards). Actually every reward the user was "getting" got lowered by 50% ( but "almost" everything "paying for" remains the same ). So why should Syndicate Mission Rewards be any different as its a reward as well. Ofcourse its business and gaming companies have to take steps to survive/rise, which perfect fine. 

Oh and I never said there is an "Evil intent" anywhere. Those are your words. Try not to plaster them on me.

 I'm merely talking on pure observation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

There is a fix coming for an unintentional reduction to Syndicate mission Standing rewards in the next Hotfix - sorry about that!

Thank you for the "official statement" I've been asking for. :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The rewards are still flipped, with high-tier missions having lower standing rewards then middle tier. Can't help but feel this may be intended, so that lower tiers can rank up faster within their syndicate while those already maxed can't just farm plat off of syndicate weapons and mods.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Someone needs to figure out how to remove accidental spoilers in replies

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Seriously

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...