Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gift of Tennocon alert lvl 200-9999

Rimuru

It was really challenging and interesting. First time in warframe i get the freedom to do impossible builds.

Solo'ed

My only problem was when enemies suddenly stopped spawning and many just.. disappeared. 

429e52ac7fe84d6ebce0ee95b922bf4d.png

Edited by Noabettiet

2 minutes ago, AtoKitsune said:

Oh. There's a second one? I didn't even look...aaarg. No, I'm going to bed. I'll tackle it tomorrow...Team of four Ivaras, everybody pickpockets everything, then everything dies. Still not likely to win, though...

nope only one, but before the mission was 6 mins long, it was 10, then they changed it to be only 6 mins since its impossible

1 hour ago, kszaso said:

dont even have to kill anything, just go hunting the life support towers

This was actually easier than I expected.  No killing, but the only problem we (my group) ran into is the amount of life support towers spawning.  We had to do this 3 times because our air ran out 2 seconds before the timer did.  Third try we waited until our life support hit 5% and activated another one, finished with a second to spare and then we started losing health, but luckily we finished! :D

Aaaaaand there we have it, a pointless from reward standpoint, boring from gameplay standpoint, "troll" alert supposedly "inspired" by players at tennocon, which does very little but showcase the "broken scaling" issue the community has been mentioning for a while. Oh, and it nowhere warns you about pre-requisites, so you queue up and voila, you can't start because people came fully equipped. And then the group UI bugs out and you can't leave the group. And then you Alt+F4 and start the game and it's windowed again. And then you go in with Inaros and Covert Lethality and kill the mobs, and no new mobs spawn. So you just stand there until the mission ends. Hooray, another yellow potato to collect dust on top of 20-something of its peers. Now back to grinding kavats.

You know, I'd say that when your community is polarized because of the load of bugs and design issues, ignoring the unhappy half and just having fun with the rest isn't exactly a strategy without pitfalls, but well, at least someone is having fun, right?

Well, at least thanks for introducing discounted Forma bundle I guess.

41 minutes ago, PureIcarus said:

Actually, i just soloed it without killing a single enemy... Covert Lethality isnt even required

It's just RNG. even killing all the enemies and looting everything might not give you enough life support.

anyway, for anyone that needed some credits, this mission gave you 2m if you had a booster active.

The enemies eventually stop spawning, and there are only so many containers and lockers in the level. It was nigh impossible at 10 minutes, but there are several viable strategies that work now that they adjusted it down to six minutes, including not even killing anything at all. If the enemies had continued to spawn, your idea would have had a lot of merit and the alert could have been seen as more than just a jest.

However, this is certainly going to give them some data about what to target for nerfing next if they care to pay any attention to it after the fact. There's not a lot of secret about the fact that covert lethality with a finisher would have trivialized this, but there are maybe some other creative things that people have used that now they will be keen to that they weren't before. I hope that's also a glaring demonstration to them that it's time to continue to de-cheese with the utmost haste.

Beat it with Saryn + lots of toxin on my Scindo Prime.

Molt, spores, pop your molt, keep the strain going until they die. Mix in some Miasmas when I wanna take a sip of water.

Might as well use toxic lash aswell because why not?

Just now, Ordel said:

Beat it with Saryn + lots of toxin on my Scindo Prime.

Molt, spores, pop your molt, keep the strain going until they die. Mix in some Miasmas when I wanna take a sip of water.

Might as well use toxic lash aswell because why not?

that is genius.

I have tried three times, and each time I failed with 15-25 seconds left because I didn't get enough life support from the Lotus, with the item crates not dropping any and the enemies apparently immortal. I tried my highest-damage lacera build, Trinity's energy vampire, radiation procs, and a karyst with a rank 2 covert lethality: the enemy's health bars never visibly moved.

2 hours ago, OricSharp said:

Bizarrely, it's...actually kind of boring. Can't kill anything so far, can't die, can fail the mission due to just not getting air tanks in time...and that's it.

2 hours ago, TheTundraTerror said:

Ha ha. It's funny, right? Ugh...

This feels like a giant "get bent" to your playerbase at the moment.

2 hours ago, (PS4)venomwraith said:

can you even complete this mission? 

1 hour ago, (PS4)OBORAWATIBINOST said:

I'm almost absolutely positive this is impossible.

1 hour ago, Tizodd said:

You can actually kill stuff with Covert Lethality but the problem is...enemies stop spawning.

Total troll alert.

1 hour ago, Prime said:

failed due to lack of oxygen xD

7 minutes ago, (XB1)MountedCombat said:

I have tried three times, and each time I failed with 15-25 seconds left because I didn't get enough life support from the Lotus, with the item crates not dropping any and the enemies apparently immortal. I tried my highest-damage lacera build, Trinity's energy vampire, radiation procs, and a karyst with a rank 2 covert lethality: the enemy's health bars never visibly moved.

Just want to do a quick little PSA: I just did this with 2 people and it is very easy. All you need is a frost and a nekro if you have energy restores, if you don't have energy restores you will need a trinity as well.

All you do is walk into an enclosed space like the locker room, wait for enemies to come to you, and spam snow globe and desecrate. Snow globe does a percentage of enemies max health if it pushes them into an object (probably an oversight by DE that they will change, sadly ;'( ) so it will kill them anywhere between two and five casts, and desecrate gets you the extra life support you need to survive the timer (the enemies don't drop enough normally).

Then all you have to do is hit the life support capsules properly and you're good.

EDIT: I've just seen some people posting images of them finishing solo on Excaliber and I don't understand how it's at all possible, you don't even get enough life support without a nekros.

Edited by gnihton
Adding another quote