Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Time #126: Vandal Reaction Poll

[DE]Rebecca

Reaction Poll  

5,131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, ChaoSoldier1986 said:

Wow talk about a Strawman comparsion, you know since we are on PC you ever heard of Emulators? It lets you play games from ages past on your PC.

And they are also illegal.

So your point doesnt work.

11 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Dude. The Wikia... The thing anyone can edit. That's not proof.

I did however find the comment from Rebecca stating that they are exclusive, so there's that.

I personally still disagree that CB players should get a cosmetic when no one got anything when event weapons were returned despite requiring effort to get, however since it doesn't effect me in the slightest I am going to drop it.

I couldn't actually find message from Rebecca but I actually haven't seen anything on the wiki that has been wrong about the information the community is pretty good with this and most of that stuff is updated when DE talk about it :p

2 minutes ago, Rhekemi said:

Add it to the drop tables for whom? Disciples and Hunters? Or ... everyone? 

I'm against it either way. 

Everyone is not a Founder.

Disciples and Hunters received the rewards outlined when they paid/donated.

A poll among you (founders) could happen, though.

General drop tables, ergo, relics.

And honestly, I really don't care who is and isn't a founder nowadays, my point is still that like all other primes, these items are superior to their normal versions, and should thus not be withheld from anyone, the whole point of acquiring prime gear is progress, improving your gear.

To me this is about correcting what is now clearly considered a mistake, something they'll never do again and regret having done in the past, I also said they shot themselves in the foot by buffing these very items into actually superior gear, making Excalibur Prime superior to Excalibur in stats and performance, off course that means people want to obtain it, why do people farm prime gear now? Because it's superior, an improvement to their favorite weapon or frame.

Yes, I got what I paid for as a Disciple and do not regret supporting DE back then, but I will forever regret that I literally missed out on upgrading to Hunter by just a few hours, I also repeat another earlier point of mine, I would not care at all if these founder items were just skins rather then actual pieces of gear.

Let me pose a question to all the PC Close Beta tester who are against the re-release of Braton Vandal and Lato Vandal.

How will you feel if DE had release an exclusive PS4/Xbox item that was given to consoles players who download and play Warframe when it was first release on consoles? Call it "Consoles Close Beta". It ain't fair isn't it? That's how consoles feel about CB that was only available on PC.

I understand and accept Founders as they shell out money to support Warframe before it was even a real game, but Close Beta was just being in the right place at the right time. Release the items again for everyone, if not then at least give consoles a fair go.

I'm not talking about skins. I'm talking about items that have Mastery XP.  

5 hours ago, ChaoSoldier1986 said:

1) Braton/Lato Vandal were gifts for being in the Closed Beta, whereas Event Rewards such as Latron Wraith have been recycled with other Events

2) Take yourself as an Example

Edited by (XB1)MK Ultra K11
I qoutes this by accident...stupid phone

I'd say yes to returning them. Some view it as a sign that you were around in the closed beta, that's well and good except that some people didn't know it was available and never got it, as was mentioned in the video. It's not like Excalibur prime which shows you supported the game in it's time of need, it was just an item that was available in the beta.

19 minutes ago, ChaoSoldier1986 said:

Wow talk about a Strawman comparsion

Is it though? It's an example of me enjoying something that, to put it bluntly, makes me feel like a special snowflake. It's an example of owning something rare or exclusive that not everyone can get. How is my enjoying those things any different from my enjoying having the Vandal gear at the heart of this thread?

19 minutes ago, ChaoSoldier1986 said:

Also I love how only my posts were deleted cementing the fact that I will never be a valued customer compared to the people that got here year 1.

For starters, while you may think only your posts were deleted, they were not. Many posts were removed over several pages, some were yours, as you observed, and some belonged to others.

Additionally, at no point is anyone ever given preferential treatment on the forums when it comes to the rules. It doesn't matter if you're a day old or if you've been here since the dawn of time, whether you haven't spent a cent on the game or have dumped thousands of dollars into the game. Assuming that people are given preferential treatment when it comes to the rules would be an enormous error on your part.

If your posts were removed, it was because they either were not in keeping with the forum's code of conduct, or they were quoting/responding to a post which wasn't in keeping with the forum's code of conduct. If someone starts causing trouble in a thread, the offending posts will be removed and, if necessary, warning points issued.

If you feel as if you've been unjustly moderated, you're welcome to send me (or a member of the DE Community Staff) a message. How and why specific users have been moderated is a private matter and should not be discussed on the open forum.

@Artorius-Alter Being a Founder only  matters (in my argument) in the sense that it entitles you to the exclusives in question. I do believe you don't care, though.

While I don't disagree that Ex Prime is superior, and that it was a mistake (they thought the game wasn't even going to live this long) that prevents everyone from ever obtaining an Excalibur Prime (when no other vanilla has this issue), it's also true they want to respect those they awarded with the exclusives. It happened. It's time to move on and not repeat it.

But going back and giving them [the exclusives] out dishonors that promise.

It's a question of not compromising that integrity, for me.

I get what you mean about missing your upgrade window. Seems like it would legit suck.

My opinion's damn near set in stone on this, but I appreciate the chance to understand where you're coming from. Not sure how I feel about the Braton Vandal if it wasn't actually a Closed Beta item.

As a closed beta player and owner of the vandals, here are my two cents

Firstly, there will be a giant bias in this poll and everyone knows it. for someone who wasn't playing back in CB they just see them as weapons to level. For me personally, it's about the hours i spent playing this game in its infancy, the fun i had and the bugs i've encountered. it's like ripping away a memento from the old days. Sure i would still have it, but it would lose it's value. what would differentiate mine from little timmy who started a week ago. it's just that meaning behind it will just vanish.

Secondly, everyone is talking about the acquisition of the gear and how to compensate. some say make them login milestones, but what about me and the other players that have it? we'd essentially be going for days with no milestones.

For the compensation, a shoulder badge would go generally unnoticed. in this game where you are bullet jumping, rolling, and slide attacking, there is not really a moment when you will stop and stare at another player's shoulder. that's the thing about this game though. there is rarely an opportunity to admire another player's customization options unless you hang out at the relay which will just get crowded to the point where others wont be able to see you.

Personally something i'd love is a special skin that could be applied to generally any weapon in the category. a secondary skin that is applicable on any pistol (not throwing stars, missile launchers, wrist mounted weapons; pistols like the lato, lex, vasto, magnus, etc.) despite the trigger mechanism, and would apply to akimbo secondaries as well. Same goes for rifles like the braton, soma, karak, etc.

13 minutes ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:
5 hours ago, ChaoSoldier1986 said:

1) Braton/Lato Vandal were gifts for being in the Closed Beta, whereas Event Rewards such as Latron Wraith have been recycled with other Events

2) Take yourself as an Example

Actually braton vandal is fair game it wasn't a gift for closed beta it was a limited timed purchase from the market for going from closed beta to open beta. but the lato you're correct on it was a gift for closed beta 

11 minutes ago, Rhekemi said:

@Artorius-Alter Being a Founder only  matters (in my argument) in the sense that it entitles you to the exclusives in question. I do believe you don't care, though.

While I don't disagree that Ex Prime is superior, and that it was a mistake (they thought the game wasn't even going to live this long) that prevents everyone from ever obtaining an Excalibur Prime (when no other vanilla has this issue), it's also true they want to respect those they awarded with the exclusives. It happened. It's time to move on and not repeat it.

But going back and giving them [the exclusives] out dishonors that promise.

It's a question of not compromising that integrity, for me.

I get what you mean about missing your upgrade window. Seems like it would legit suck.

My opinion's damn near set in stone on this, but I appreciate the chance to understand where you're coming from. Not sure how I feel about the Braton Vandal if it wasn't actually a Closed Beta item.

That is your right then, to have your opinion, just as I have mine, anyhow, I think I've said all I had to say on the matter, unless others decide to quote me and bring new points up that I feel the need to counter.

Good to understand your point of view also, Rhekemi, I will not deny the validity of your point, despite my different view on it.

Edited by Artorius-Alter

Either remove mastery exp value from exclusive items which will cause some people to lose their mastery rank - or - make all exclusive items return on a yearly basis to make them technically available.

Max rank shouldn't be exclusive to old players, if any other game with levels allowed only the max to be obtained by founders they'd be torn to shreds, it's only because mastery rank has little value up until this year it hasn't gotten attention. Now with loadouts & increased mod capacity on start I think this problem needs a solution. Making things available is the best one when I think of disadvantages and advantages.

I think closed-beta testers should get a cosmetic reward in exchange.

Edited by Navarchus

2 minutes ago, Navarchus said:

Either remove mastery exp value from exclusive items which will cause some people to lose their mastery rank - or - make all exclusive items return on a yearly basis to make them technically available.

Max rank shouldn't be exclusive to old players, if any other game with levels allowed only the max to be obtained by founders they'd be torn to shreds, it's only because mastery rank has little value up until this year it hasn't gotten attention. Now with loadouts & increased mod capacity on start I think this problem needs a solution. Making things available is the best one when I think of disadvantages and advantages.

Thank you, that is exactly the point I've been trying to make, nothing that affects your mastery XP should be locked away, even if it is just 6k mastery from Braton and Lato Vandal.

Edited by Artorius-Alter

1 minute ago, (PS4)OMGITSNUKERXD said:

I think these items should return.I mean,after all,You didn't pay real money for it and AFAIK,DE can release them,Unlike the founders pack (in which releasing them would be illegal).

how would this be illegal?

3 minutes ago, Navarchus said:

tbh Max rank isn't exclusive to old players.  I'm playing with someone that's MR22 and they started about the same time I did.  Neither one of us has the CB weapons nor the Founders gear. 

I didn't know that the Lato was the item given as the "thank you" and he Braton was fair game, knowing that, I'd rather have the Braton released and the Lato kept exclusive.

Just now, (PS4)OMGITSNUKERXD said:

I think you misinterpreted what I said.I meant that releasing the Braton vandal and Lato vandal is legal.But releasing the founders pack again would be illegal.

I'm pretty sure he asked why and how the latter would be illegal.

6 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

What would differentiate mine from little timmy who started a week ago. it's just that meaning behind it will just vanish.

It's the memories attached to it, the value you give it. For example one of the items I actually hold dear is the rift sigil. I got it when it first appeared in that terrible secondary event. To me it will always be proof that I've faced DE's events and won. Although many people may have the sigil from other events, the one I hold is the one that's important to me.

Out of context: "This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine." -William H. Rupertus

I think the fellow who posted a picture of a Lotus Kubrow a while back made a good point, just because others can now easily get what was hard to get before, doesn't diminish the personal value you attach to an item.

17 minutes ago, ChaoSoldier1986 said:

-Snip-

I don't believe that they would get into heaps of trouble for it and I don't even know if it would be illegal. The thing is that the devs have immense respect for its community and the founder's pack was able to save DE from sinking. They made a promise and they are keeping it by respect.

1 minute ago, Artorius-Alter said:

I'm pretty sure he asked why and how the latter would be illegal.

If memory serves me,I remember that there was some sort of a contract when buying the founders pack that stated it won't be released again.I guess I drifted away from the topic a bit.Back to topic......

Just now, (PS4)OMGITSNUKERXD said:

If memory serves me,I remember that there was some sort of a contract when buying the founders pack that stated it won't be released again.I guess I drifted away from the topic a bit.Back to topic......

I know it was advertised as such at the time, but I don't think there was more to it then that.