Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Time #126: Vandal Reaction Poll

[DE]Rebecca

Reaction Poll  

5,131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, markus230 said:

@LordOfScrugging Time played reward is not a bad idea. Simple fix to give us something in return for 2 rewards that we loose would be a simple script launched before re-release of Braton and Lato Vandal

Barton Vandal = Sigil/Syadana

Lato Vandal = Sigil/Syadana

Everyone wins, I think

Oh!-god no!, just look at the Tennocon Syandana and the reaction.
Sigil and badge sounds Ok though, just like the Lotus sigil and killboard badge
they both look great, but without any major visual difference like a Syandana

Edited by Ahcruna

4 hours ago, (PS4)obsidiancurse said:

Wait a sec, founders and CB were around at the same time?

so while one group were supporting with cash, lots of others just logged in for free stuff and are now getting precious about it? Seriously? Smh

Yes they were. Closed beta ended in....March of 2013 was it? Cause open beta was back in February. Founders packages started to go on sale in December of 2012, and lasted all the way up to November 1st 2013, almost 11 months after its package start. Thats 7 months well past Closed Beta's end up into U10.

Yes please :) I Feel locking mastery behind time walls is not fair to players who start playing after the fact. to make this up to the players that where there you could give them a Braton and lato skin exclusive to those who where logged in that day.

I like the idea of login reward however I would like to see the Vandal and Wraith items drop in the current void to give it relevance again and has a way to make going through all those planets worth while.

On 17.07.2016 at 3:07 PM, Herosupport said:

I like the idea of login reward however I would like to see the Vandal and Wraith items drop in the current void to give it relevance again and has a way to make going through all those planets worth while.

It doesn't make much sense. Vandal and Wraith weaponry is modified Cropus/Tenno/Grineer tech, I don't see why would they end up in the Void

I don't think that Tennocon Syandana was that bad. Im not very active on forums, but I check out new threads once or twice a day at least, and so far I've seen two threads done by the same guy who got completly steamrolled by majority of other players.

Badge is okay as long as it doesn't look like it was done in 5 minutes during lunch break

13 minutes ago, markus230 said:

It doesn't make much sense. Vandal and Wraith weaponry is modified Cropus/Tenno/Grineer tech, I don't see why would they end up in the Void

well the Orokin tech is now dropping in corpus and grineer missions time rifts have opened up on the moon so there can be some quantum pseudo science reasoning for Vandal and wraith tech ending up in the Void.

this will also remove the time wall from those Vandal and Wraith items.

Edited by Herosupport

12 hours ago, Noamuth said:

I'm sorry Scruggie, but....really?

CB weapons;

• Braton "Log in and buy it"  
  • Lato; "Thanks for playing" *tosses weapon at you*

Events;

• Get 20 scans of Moonlight Threscone to create 1 antitoxin
  • Kill 100 Eximus
  • Kill 100 Brood Mothers
  • Survive 30 minutes
  • Scan 100 MOA's
  • Get 500 points, etc.

Each event introduced more lore to the game as well as opened up more mission types.  How are those not milestones?

those aren't milestones. 

mile·stone
ˈmīlˌstōn/
noun

1. 1.
    a stone set up beside a road to mark the distance in miles to a particular place.
  2. 2.
    an action or event marking a significant change or stage in development.

Particularly the second definition

CB is a milestone. going into OB is a milestone, damage 2.0 was a milestone, u15 introducing a new game mode (AW) that is unlike any other system in the game currently, second dream which was the first cinematic quest. these are all examples of milestones. different moments in development.

collecting scans of a threshcone is NOT a milestone.

killing 100 enemies is not a milestone.

Personal ones, yes, but i'm talking about milestones for the game itself which is what CB to OB was.

Edited by LordOfScrugging

I would say since mastery should be obtainable for everyone, all the vandal things should be re-released, maybe as login rewards, maybe even as event rewards.

As for excalibur prime, never release it again. Leave something exclusive for people who has been around longer than the universe.

I think you should definitely make content for founders and CB members, but they shouldnt impact mastery rank in anyway. For example, give them weapon skins and whatnot so they can have something really good and the whole community wouldnt lose out on anything.

Edited by ArcaHUN

27 minutes ago, markus230 said:

I don't think that Tennocon Syandana was that bad. Im not very active on forums, but I check out new threads once or twice a day at least, and so far I've seen two threads done by the same guy who got completly steamrolled by majority of other players.

Badge is okay as long as it doesn't look like it was done in 5 minutes during lunch break

Oh, no I'm not saying that the Tennocon Syandan was ugly, it is a beauty!
most people like it, so it has nothing to do with it being half-assed

What I was trying to say was that re-releasing the old Vandal weapons and then rewarding the players who had first, with yet another unobtainable item
(in this case a syandana) that new people can't get is just shooting yourself in the foot.
I mentioned Tennocon because of how negative people that couldn't afford to travel to the event were.
but who knows, maybe it's going to get gifted again if you go to the next Tennocon.

we all know that one of the biggest selling points in Warframe is how great the personal customization is in the game, and a Syandana havs a bit more use than just looks (can be enhanced with Arcanes) unlike something like a Sigil or  Badge which are mostly cosmetic. (not counting Syndicates which 'every one' can get)

So no, don't go beyond something like a Killingboard badge, those look amazing as they already are.
I'd honestly suggest if they do reward CBT testers with a Bade or Sigil that it should be as flashy as the Tethra's Doom badge
(pre 3D model overlay nerf! damn it!!!)

But what do I know, I'm steeping stone, not a mile stone. :p

Edited by Ahcruna

On 17.07.2016 at 3:39 PM, Ahcruna said:

What I was trying to say was that re-releasing the old Vandal weapons and then rewarding the players who had first, with yet another unobtainable item
(in this case a syandana) that new people can't get is just shooting yourself in the foot.
I mentioned Tennocon because of how negative people that couldn't afford to travel to the event were.
but who knows, maybe it's going to get gifted again if you go to the next Tennocon.

I know I meant that situation surrounding Tennocon Syandana wasn't that bad, it already died out unlike Founder/CBT items that people are bringing out for years.

I doesn't have to be Syandana, thats just what I would like, It can be anything else, nice sigil or badge are okay too. From what I've seen most people want to get Vandals because of MR not because of looks and most of people here seem to be fine with compensation for CBT as long as it is cosmetic.

I mean, If someone is going to get butthurt over cosmetics, everything will be "too good", as far as I remember a lot of people tried to join Guides of the Lotus just for that sigil instead of helping players. But as I said, I'll take anything as long as it doesn't look half assed trash created just to shut CBT up and I doubt DE would do such thing

54 minutes ago, Ahcruna said:

we all know that one of the biggest selling points in Warframe is how great the personal customization is in the game, and a Syandana havs a bit more use than just looks (can be enhanced with Arcanes) unlike something like a Sigil or  Badge which are mostly cosmetic. (not counting Syndicates which 'every one' can get)

So no, don't go beyond something like a Killingboard badge, those look amazing as they already are.
I'd honestly suggest if they do reward CBT testers with a Bade or Sigil that it should be as flashy as the Tethra's Doom badge
(pre 3D model overlay nerf! damn it!!!)

But what do I know, I'm steeping stone, not a mile stone. :p

Better a syandana than an exclusive weapon.. people compare..

30 minutes ago, WaRsHooTer666 said:

personally i would like a universal weapon skin that can be applied to weapons with the same trigger mechanism. would seem interesting.

although i'm just saying that cause i don't wanna take off my nsaru syandana ;~;

12 minutes ago, WaRsHooTer666 said:

Nah, I'm just going for what is the less physically flashy.
but if you had to chose from just both of those, I'd agree.

Tethra's Doom is something a lot of players wanted, but it isn't as heart breaking as say~ a Lato Prime.
I'd give it away if I had the option and I hate game mechanic locked items, but if I could I would give away my founders gear, I would, because I don't f* care.

oh, and it might limit the people that call you a ton of derogatory words just because you forgot to remove one of your founders items when you entered a Relay.
no joke, as a 2nd level founder, just put on you Excalibur Prime and walk in to a relay and you can just bask in the glory of people making-up garbage insult just for you.

no wonder Orcus is a mostly a founders Relay. you can ignore the Derpy in there.

3 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

personally i would like a universal weapon skin that can be applied to weapons with the same trigger mechanism. would seem interesting.

although i'm just saying that cause i don't wanna take off my nsaru syandana ;~;

That's what I was proposing too. 

A syandana that could possibly suck or a useless braton skin are not a proper gift in exchange, CBT should receive a special CB kit that you can apply on your favorite weapon or your favorite frame/syandana. 

Edited by siralextraffo

I'm gonna vote no in the poll because the options are very limiting. But my actual feeling is more complicated.

Basically the lato vandal and braton vandal are status symbols to the players that have been around a very long time. I don't even HAVE both these weapons, and I still don't want to see them come back in a way that everybody now can get the exact same thing that only 3-year veterans currently have.

However I also think it's unfair to newer players that they can't get the same weapons and the same mastery points that older players have.  So what I would suggest is that the lato vandal and braton vandal be re-released BUT anybody who already owns these at the time of re-release gets an upgraded skin for it. Doesn't have to be fancy, just distinct, add some stripes or something.  Or make the "Veteran Vandal" skins recolorable while the re-issue is not. Something like that.

It's funny really. I always imagine my Playstyle as Support Player. when I was introduced to Warframe almost 2 years ago "July 24 2014" I looked through all the characters that was available and saw that Trinity best fit what I desired. It was one of the few times Ive ever had help getting her Parts from the Phobes boss "Now since moved due to Spectors update" I was so excited  to play her. I looked through dozens upon dozens of guides to determine the best Loadouts for her as well as farm for the much need Mods. I went with Burston Prime and Sicarus Prime because I've always prefered Burst and or Semi-Autos so I can have much more control. There have been times when I've grouped up that I would receive some gratitude for keeping people at Full Health and Energy, but its hard for me to take that anymore at face value. If I had started again when Trinity Prime Access was available, I would have bought it in a Heartbeat, not for the Weapon, Kubrow Armor, or the Plat, but to just have her because she is my number one favorite warframe. When I acquired the Second Dream Quest I did it solely as Trinity and as such only she is allowed to wear the Scar Sigil. Heres a couple of pictures of my Trinity now Primed:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/446238244513301609/3EE21E87E458C41F988BF6A837A8B2EBAE55E4E0/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/446238244513301810/FEE1E301C855620190EAE6D6973847DAAA977E5B/

I managed to dump her Duration so I can use Energy Vampire and Blessing every 1.5 seconds

Maybe with this post people can take it as a sign of me sobering up, but I just don't know anymore.

5 hours ago, LordOfScrugging said:

those aren't milestones. 

mile·stone
ˈmīlˌstōn/
noun

1. 1.
    a stone set up beside a road to mark the distance in miles to a particular place.
  2. 2.
    an action or event marking a significant change or stage in development.

Particularly the second definition

CB is a milestone. going into OB is a milestone, damage 2.0 was a milestone, u15 introducing a new game mode (AW) that is unlike any other system in the game currently, second dream which was the first cinematic quest. these are all examples of milestones. different moments in development.

collecting scans of a threshcone is NOT a milestone.

killing 100 enemies is not a milestone.

Personal ones, yes, but i'm talking about milestones for the game itself which is what CB to OB was.

An action or event marking a significant change or stage in development. 

That doesn't sound anything like a Warframe event that gives us an entire new gamemode and lore. No, not at all.

That was sarcasm btw. An introduction of a new ''developed'' gamemode shows a stage in development. The introduction of Baro in cryotic front has led to him becoming the void trader who sells all the goodies (occasionally). Would you say that's not a significant change/stage? Tubemen of Regor had a community aspect to it, with the overall reward dictated by the dude we supported the most leading to separate platforms getting different rewards. That hadn't been done before. That was a major stage in development. If the only thing you consider to be a 'significant' change is CB to OB then by that logic this game will never have another milestone (Let's face it, it's not coming out of Beta). By that logic Smite has only ever gone through a single milestone despite the fact it's had 3 major seasons each with changes over the last.

So by the own definition that you posted, particularly the second definition, events in Warframe do in fact constitute a milestone.

Edited by DeMonkey

6 hours ago, Hazzlenut said:

I bet no1 uses these guns anyway and they are rotting away in someones inventory never to be equipped and showed. So yeah bring them back.

I still use these weapons regularly no they should not be brought back

1 hour ago, Ahcruna said:

Nah, I'm just going for what is the less physically flashy.
but if you had to chose from just both of those, I'd agree.

Tethra's Doom is something a lot of players wanted, but it isn't as heart breaking as say~ a Lato Prime.
I'd give it away if I had the option and I hate game mechanic locked items, but if I could I would give away my founders gear, I would, because I don't f* care.

oh, and it might limit the people that call you a ton of derogatory words just because you forgot to remove one of your founders items when you entered a Relay.
no joke, as a 2nd level founder, just put on you Excalibur Prime and walk in to a relay and you can just bask in the glory of people making-up garbage insult just for you.

no wonder Orcus is a mostly a founders Relay. you can ignore the Derpy in there.

yep

4 hours ago, Ahcruna said:

I previously posted the same idea and as I really like the idea of a special cosmetic item I don't want some plain boring syandana and sigil. Now if they want to bring these weapons back because of the idea people are behind on mastery I'm also okay with them removing mastery from these weapons. 

3 hours ago, ArcaHUN said:

I would say since mastery should be obtainable for everyone, all the vandal things should be re-released, maybe as login rewards, maybe even as event rewards.

As for excalibur prime, never release it again. Leave something exclusive for people who has been around longer than the universe.

I think you should definitely make content for founders and CB members, but they shouldnt impact mastery rank in anyway. For example, give them weapon skins and whatnot so they can have something really good and the whole community wouldnt lose out on anything.

I'm a bit confused by your post, you say Mastery should be obtainable for everyone, and thus the Vandals should be re-released, yet you say never release Excalibur Prime again.

Excalibur Prime is an actual frame, that gives 6k mastery.

Edited by Artorius-Alter

7 minutes ago, Artorius-Alter said:

I'm a bit confused by your post, you say Mastery should be obtainable for everyone, and thus the Vandals should be re-released, yet you say never release Excalibur Prime again.

Excalibur Prime is an actual frame, that gives 6k mastery.

Yeah but that is just such a special thing that so few people have and it would be such an insult for people who have been here from the start

9 minutes ago, ArcaHUN said:

Yeah but that is just such a special thing that so few people have and it would be such an insult for people who have been here from the start

The Lato vandal is also a special thing and it was from the start only players from closed beta own it so wouldn't that still be an insult to players ?. On a side note they can't even bring back founders no matter how much people want it 

I only would like the Lato Vandal, because I don't have access to the prime (PS4). Other than that, I love these topics, cause it's extremely amusing how butt-hurt the "founder" type people get over something so trivial... I mean it's not like they put up a poll about returning the Founder's Pack or like they nerfed your favorite frame into the ground. This addition (or not) would not make a single iota of difference in the way you play the game on a day to day basis, only your pride would take a shot.

The first post in this thread should have been a precautionary Wambulance filled with pampers wipes :P

P.S. If they wanted to bring it back in some sort of event like they have other items, that would probably be the best way.

Edited by (PS4)GR13V4NC3