The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Time #126: Vandal Reaction Poll

[DE]Rebecca

Reaction Poll  

5,131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Now warframe have over 25KK users but then maybe 10-5% from what is now or even less. I expect that many ppl would want those items also even excal prime - I think that poll about excal would have similar results. But remember that these are unique items that you gave as rewards for beeing part of something unique like a born of great game that after almost 4 years later is playd by over 25KK players. I know that bringing back these items would make more of us happy but think about that 10-5%. Maybe bring braton back but leave lato?

6 hours ago, (XB1)Skode said:

IMO there's been issues with old exclusive content ever since ChinaFrame became a thing. They get access to everything - we never will, promises to founder and what have you. Hindsight would mean never making exclusive (unless timed) content which is tangible ingame which frames and weapons are... unlike cosmetics.

Dunno, you touched the Chinaframe topic which is another can of worms with it's own exclusives that ee haven't gotten yet regardless of DE saying that "some content needs to be released there first im order to assure chinaframe's success" (or something like that), that we would get all of their content at any moment after their 30 day exclusivity ends (which ended long ago for items such as carmine penta, prisma orthos, and Excalibur Umbra)

People will always want Excal Prime... it's the upgrade to the most popular frame in the entire game after all. Sooner Umbra is released the sooner we can move on (though fans have been massive jerks to DE about that one too).

Sad but true, having an upgrade to the game's poster boy locked away from thebig majority of players isn't a good idea, and even worst now that "prime" upgrade has more gameplay meaning that before, when they were mostly visual upgrades. Said that I'm sure that many players will go back to complain over excal prime exclusivity after umbra is released. 

About some fans being jerks because of Umbra, reading This thread, looking for the creation date (Happy birthday faq thread), and seeing "we will get it out as soon as possible" in it is just sad, reminds of how some things are said in a moment but can't get to be accomplished nor kept forever *wink*

Again though that's different debate than the Vandal. Which has been owners not minding, a vocal minority of NON owners shouting nay to the idea and a poll which was never gonna be anything but a yes win cuz "free stuff". I think the real debate is now should they come available again based on feedback but HOW? That's the more heated debate likely. Log in reward seems to be the most accepted idea though, I wonder when it even if we will hear more from DE on this (before it becomes ever present dev stream question as Pandora's box has been opened now lol). Even Steve wants to bring them back.

About how to bring them back (if the vandals are actually rereleased) I guess it should be in a way showing commitment to it, and as has been said before, login milestones reward for "login-> claim reward-> close game-> repeat every day" which takes no more than 3 minutes per day and punishes players with real lives that won't be able to do this on a daily basis but play warframe every single free minute. Also cbt players would be skipping 2 milestones because they already have the reward, and even tough I know there's no way to let them out of any kind of reward system chosen to bring back the vandals, I think that tying these to login rewards would hurt them more than if these were tied to any other system.

Just my opinion anyways, sorry for my bad english or typos.

Should have been introduced a long time ago. Especially lato vandal. Ps4 has obsidian lato skin, but no decent lato.

On 15/07/2016 at 3:42 AM, polarity said:

Could you make them 'milestone' log in rewards?  That way they would still be something to signify a player's commitment to the game.

Both could signify something special. For example one - a reward for completing a certain large number of tactical alerts, how many is debatable. Another a reward for completing a certain number of sorties. Not just log in 150 times, like azima, but successfully complete 150 different sorties.

On 14/07/2016 at 9:56 PM, LazerSkink said:

Regarding the Lato Vandal; if it were to return, in my opinion there should be something small given to the Closed Beta players, such as a shoulder Emblem. I personally think there still needs to be some way to signify who the technical first players were

I have both and I would be fine with the Braton as long as you guys balance it. Also this ^ and please buff the Lato if you're gonna bring it back.

Although I was against it, it's not a bad idea to return those weapons. They barely usable anyway, but grants MR XP. BUT! There should be something that shows DEs respect to the CBT players, so it'd be wise to grant us something instead. Cosmetics for example, since we're playing fashionframe. Best candidates are syandana and/or armor set. Regalia is a little worse option.

21 minutes ago, demminik said:

Although I was against it, it's not a bad idea to return those weapons. They barely usable anyway, but grants MR XP. BUT! There should be something that shows DEs respect to the CBT players, so it'd be wise to grant us something instead. Cosmetics for example, since we're playing fashionframe. Best candidates are syandana and/or armor set. Regalia is a little worse option.

Sigils would make most sense.

I say yes. Snipetron Vandal and Latron Wraith were already returned. My only two weapons that had anything to say "I've played this for years." so I would rather like to see these out since all the "limited time" content is being re released already, why should these two be special. 

10 hours ago, (PS4)Lord_Gremlin said:

Should have been introduced a long time ago. Especially lato vandal. Ps4 has obsidian lato skin, but no decent lato.

You think Lato Vandal is decent? Its slower than normal Lato, it reloads slower than normal Lato and has 2 damage per shot more than normal Lato. Its still crap

13 hours ago, markus230 said:

You think Lato Vandal is decent? Its slower than normal Lato, it reloads slower than normal Lato and has 2 damage per shot more than normal Lato. Its still crap

If they return it would be a good a time as any to buff I guess. Lato NEEDS an accessible upgrade, it's a starter weapon after all. Short of say a Prisma Lato it's Vandal or Bust lol

Considering both consoles never got a chance at these, like the Legendary Core (before Sorties and the one devstream), it'd be nice to have weekends where for example, a level 50 Infested Survival, where you needed to survive anywhere between 20-30 minutes, to get the vandal, and the Lato would be a similar situation, like level 50 Grineer or Corpus Survival.

I'd like at least a chance to get these.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Skode said:

If they return it would be a good a time as any to buff I guess. Lato NEEDS an accessible upgrade, it's a starter weapon after all. Short of say a Prisma Lato it's Vandal or Bust lol

I really wouldn't mind a prisma lato with crit-stats.

I'm rather fond of my Lato Vandal, mostly because back in the "Old Days" it was the single best sidearm I owned and carried me through a ton of content. I missed out on the Braton Vandal by a week (a week!) I wouldn't mind giving other people a chance at getting those weapons again, especially since I have Excal Prime to show that I was around during Beta. 

Also whatever you do DE, don't change the ability for the Lato Vandal to be repainted! It's the only one out of the Vandal series that can be!

Imho the Lato vandal is too big of a status symbol ..  at least it is for me .. I know i sound cocky to everyone but it just feels good getting a special gift for being here from the very beginning .. i would not mind if everyone gets a free 3000 mastery exp to compensate for it (except the ones who own it obviously) .. i do not own the braton however and would still not give it out .. it also shows some kind of symbol that you were here from the very beginning playing the game ... I really think people only want the weapons for the mastery and would never use them so why not give them the 3k mastery ?

P.S. sorry for my bad english

A lot of people missed Braton Vandal from market for 1 credit because they didnt know weapon was even there. DE should atleast run script if they can so everyone who was playing during that time should get it.

Edited by Sompero

After stepping back and looking at it, this whole Vandal thing seems like a troll move by DE for some other data mining purpose.

Simply because, regardless of what the polls say, DE is going to do whats best for DE... period.

You got us all.

Well played DE, well played.

P.S.  Just to clarify my earlier comment about the founders, I was speaking to all (generally speaking, the royal they or editorial they) whom always get so upset at any and all things like this and always feel it necessary to drop the "F" bomb needlessly and repeatedly. Realistically, if you spent enough money on this game (around $700-1k), you are a founder (to me) and deserve everything possible for your money and that would include the ever so infamous E-Prime (& company). But whatever... and what is, is.

1 hour ago, (PS4)GR13V4NC3 said:

After stepping back and looking at it, this whole Vandal thing seems like a troll move by DE for some other data mining purpose.

Simply because, regardless of what the polls say, DE is going to do whats best for DE... period.

You got us all.

Well played DE, well played.

P.S.  Just to clarify my earlier comment about the founders, I was speaking to all (generally speaking, the royal they or editorial they) whom always get so upset at any and all things like this and always feel it necessary to drop the "F" bomb needlessly and repeatedly. Realistically, if you spent enough money on this game (around $700-1k), you are a founder (to me) and deserve everything possible for your money and that would include the ever so infamous E-Prime (& company). But whatever... and what is, is.

Thanks...Im currently sitting around 1500- maybe 2000. Though I have a Prisma Excalibur so *shrug* its basically prime to me...to bad it couldn't be a separatewarframe 

The way I feel about MMO's is that every player regardless of when they start playing the game should have the same ability to progress through the game has players who have played the game from the beginning. If any MMO company makes exclusive gifts for players participating in alpha and beta test or sells any thing in packs it should have no impact on power level or give them a permanent edge in progression. It would be nice if you gave those founders and testers exclusive cosmetic items and skins to comp for releasing the items with mastery in them.

That being said this game has Mastery that is gained and the player can move up in ranks when they have gained enough mastery there for any mastery in the game should be available at all times to the players so every Prime, Vandal, Wraith and prisma item or anything that has mastery to be gained by using it should be available to all players.

The Void: a place in warframe that has become irrelevant with the new relic system all that work to unlock the Void for just another place with the same loot tables has the rest of the star map I say scrap those tables and put the Vandal and wraith parts in there and replace every mod drop with Every single Operation Shadow Dept mods. Just like that the void has purpose again.

Ducat Kiosk: it serves about half its potential of buying unwanted prime parts for ducats the other half could be Selling the Prisma items that have Mastery in them.

Lato and baraton have a bat stats. Weak weapon. But, okay. Return braton. Lets people like. But, about lato, ABSOLUTELY NOT! people have 300+ item, and greed people all time not inaf . Lato gift for hard close betta. For all support about bug, all dissconect. All freze level and not die boss. My english bad. But, No. People not die if not get lato. People not earnded it not dezerve! And this for all cry baby , stop cry and play! 

Edited by WolfCast

And yep if DE give lato. He just say all old man from close( screew you , yep  go to hell honor not interesting for us.) We earnd this . and if you not respect  us and our work,this gift for hard work.... well. dont cnow what think.

Edited by WolfCast
Mobile lags cant compile with first post

every other vandal/wraith came back in form of sortie. so yea.. these 2 should as well. i mean i dont want to see any "limited time" content on warframe. founders prime is different. they contributed in making warframe what is it today and those founder exclusive primes and stuff is their right. excluding that (fyi i dont have a excal prime so dont start dishing on me for saying that. i know u all r desperate to get excal prime)  .. i think everything else should be attainable to all players.. either by plats/farming/trading. but it should be there, not limited time. i have ether daggers at lvl 29 mastery completed. and i was a noob and sold it. now i have no way of getting it back and max my mastery. it was time limited or some certain quest reward im not sure. but i cant buy it with plats or trade it or get a blueprint for it. which sucks.. releasing these 2 would make more of limited time content come back.