Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone who've completely stopped forma'ing their gear?

NativeKiller

Because I am one of those people.

From what I've heard, the affinity gain nerf including getting rid of Draco, was in a sense to make people "actually play the game".

Also, likely to make people buy more boosters, although a lot of people tend not to buy stuff from you if you make them angry

Well, it's actually having the opposite affect on me.

I don't feel like forma'ing gear at the moment with the nerf to affinity gain, so I just stick with my old gear.

I used to try out and forma different warframes and equipment just to try out different things, but now...

I just don't. Everything is just MR fodder for me now.

I get them to rank 30 and stuff them in my inventory or turn them into credits.

I know that some people might have no problems with the affinity gain nerf, but I know there must be others like me.

Any suggestions or advice for me?

Thanks in advance! :D

Edited by NativeKiller

Well i managed to put 4 forma each on my both kitties & one forma on my Sancti tigris. Also put 2 forma on Amesha & 3 forma on Cyngas arch gun. It is not as efficient as draco i agree but by just normally playing the game you can achieve that. Sorties provide a lot of help in leveling up your gear except frames.

Edited by AbhijitSM

what exp nerf? I haven't played that much, mostly because there is no incentive to do endless and void fissures are a bit half assed and boring, but I noticed a vast increase in focus gains from just bumbling around, so exp seems fine.

19 minutes ago, NativeKiller said:

From what I've heard, the affinity gain nerf including getting rid of Draco, was in a sense to make people "actually play the game".

There's plenty of people who multi-forma a lot of weapons and frames without Draco. There's even those who have done it solo. The MR ranking adding to allowed mod score made this so much easier.

MR17, and I've still never unlocked Draco.

More people have likely stopped due to the move of prime parts from the void to the fissures, and the subsequent reduced need for endless missions. That will be a temporary change.

I still Forma.  Not often, mainly because I stick with what works, but I have dropped 3 Or 4 forma since u19 started.

Having the extra mod points helps a lot though.  I start out with 40 on most of my items, so I rarely run into an issue with my performance in missions.

Okay, thanks for the input, guys. :D

I love it that you were all nice enough to give civilized responses instead of simply bashing me. :3

I don't know, I am just feeling a bit down with the downfall of endless missions and all.

Hopefully, things will change for the better in the future. :D

P.S// I mostly forma'd my gear for Endless Void missions... and the Void had recently met its downfall, so yeah. :D 

Edited by NativeKiller

6 minutes ago, NativeKiller said:

Okay, thanks for the input, guys. :D

I love it that you were all nice enough to give civilized responses instead of simply bashing me. :3

I don't know, I am just feeling a bit down with the downfall of endless missions and all.

Hopefully, things will change for the better in the future. :D

That's the spirit!

well Recruiting chat is mostly about

1. Infestation Sector for Credits/Resources.

2. A few Fissure things and Void Runs.

3. Alot of LoR spamming

For 1 its either Nova/EV/Frost/Rhino/Nekros/Chroma/ASH/Hydroid. Its all about unlimited energy and Warframes Ultimate Power (4) spam. Again you dont really need a weapon.

For 2 and 3 no one needs a weapon. Even a braton or burston can do the job. 

More on new update is : 

1. Network Not Responding Errors. 

2. Server Delay Errors .

Along with random logouts during games and trades. Dojo connection failures.

Even though new update should have increased user interaction in Recruiting chat - All I see if more interaction in Trading chat. Everyone in a hurry to catch up all the Frames as if they are afraid about what will happen next. 

Recruiting Chat for North America Server is almost down to 40% as compared to before the Star Update. 

And Yes about Forma... why do u even need Forma ? There are no endless or long mission.No need of Ammo Mutation Mods/Forma/Team Health/Ammo restores. Actually nothing for team is required at all. 

Well I managed to max quite a few things with new system just doing fissure and syndicate missions. It's maybe problematic to forma every item 100 times now, but I think it's not how this game is supposed to be played

12 minutes ago, KingNoobsta said:

well Recruiting chat is mostly about

1. Infestation Sector for Credits/Resources.

2. A few Fissure things and Void Runs.

3. Alot of LoR spamming

For 1 its either Nova/EV/Frost/Rhino/Nekros/Chroma/ASH/Hydroid. Its all about unlimited energy and Warframes Ultimate Power (4) spam. Again you dont really need a weapon.

For 2 and 3 no one needs a weapon. Even a braton or burston can do the job. 

More on new update is : 

1. Network Not Responding Errors. 

2. Server Delay Errors .

Along with random logouts during games and trades. Dojo connection failures.

Even though new update should have increased user interaction in Recruiting chat - All I see if more interaction in Trading chat. Everyone in a hurry to catch up all the Frames as if they are afraid about what will happen next. 

Recruiting Chat for North America Server is almost down to 40% as compared to before the Star Update. 

And Yes about Forma... why do u even need Forma ? There are no endless or long mission.No need of Ammo Mutation Mods/Forma/Team Health/Ammo restores. Actually nothing for team is required at all. 

The network errors and server delays have been from DDoS attacks, so not bug related just someone with a stick up their void hole.

3 hours ago, NativeKiller said:

Also, likely to make people buy more boosters, although a lot of people tend not to buy stuff from you if you make them angry

Well, it's actually having the opposite affect on me.

I don't feel like forma'ing gear at the moment with the nerf to affinity gain, so I just stick with my old gear.

I used to try out and forma different warframes and equipment just to try out different things, but now...

I just don't. Everything is just MR fodder for me now.

I get them to rank 30 and stuff them in my inventory or turn them into credits.

I know that some people might have no problems with the affinity gain nerf, but I know there must be others like me.

Any suggestions or advice for me?

Thanks in advance! :D

the most plat i used in warframe goes straight to formas

i used it on a ton of weapons just for fun levelling them until the edge and checking what is possible and having fun with "low" weapons fully formad on harder missions, finally useless, they all miss smth or you use them in combination with spamming some 4th ability with whatever frame

anyway, sometimes its funny to have diversity and on the other hand the development of weapons are connected the way up levelling your MR ... thats the logic which is selled in this system ...

3 formas for 35 pl comes faar too late ^^)

PS: if youre a f2p player get information about the strong and useful weapons and frames, then choose the things you like and level and forma and mod them, you dont need much in the beginning as well as it makes your farming, playing etc. and life in warframe much more easier

when you did that as well as created yourself a strong basement you can start checking what is needed and what you like

the diversity of possibillities to move through the warframe-universe with the new startchart has much more possibillities to have fun and you can go from a lot of possibillities into a lot of possibillities, a good clan with friendly helpful mates is also very useful. or you try a alliance which fits your mind if you builded allready a dojo

2nd part of the answer is get the strong mods and take information from wherever you can, there are lots of people which are able to help you the best way, and even here, clans and alliances can help a lot to get things cheap or for free from higher ranks and people which play since a long time, dont go into alliances or clans with "rules" or "bosses", you will only be frustrated ... nobody needs that in a game

if you run around and dont ask or dont try to get information youre lost until MR 12 to 15 ... and that needs time and is a waste of time when you can get everything you want, finally ...

i also use rarely the recruiting chat, i have a few clanmembers where i can make dates because they arent always online and then we help each other to get things which is much more easier now if you have a good team

and again, if youre in a nice alliance because of a small clan or they have not much time youre gifted too

cant see the problems people share here if youre a teamplayer and if you like this game and its offers

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, SeaUrchins said:

Meh, since they removed prime parts from endless mission there's no more point in power creep and forma in weapons, since rifts can be closed with MK-1 weapons.

I could do a T-4 survival for over an hour with a Mk-1 Branton so what is your point?

2 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

I could do a T-4 survival for over an hour with a Mk-1 Branton so what is your point?

I suppose he is talking about "No need of Forma/Power Creep in Weapons". Moreover the discussion is about "Anyone who've completely stopped forma'ing their gear?" So he is probably replying to OP. 

according to some answers here, i see clear questions and a sharing, he didnt ask for a pro-show some people use in this thread and sharing their solo-possibillities, he is  asking clear for a good team or good teamwork

he is not asking for how good some of you are playing warframe, he ask for smth different ^^)

and people which post everywhere how pro they are arent it ... telling him how "pro" some of you do missions doesnt help  ^^)

Edited by Guest

To be honest, I've never Formafied a single weapon I've ever had in my entire Warframe. . . uh, career? Experience? Whatever. Every single desperately clawed-outta-the-dark forma I get is instantly slammed into the nano forge for the next weapon to test. Haven't run into any trouble because of it, so, uh, hurray?

a buddy of mine on console stopped formaing for a while and then stopped playing entirely. said he didn't like feeling anxious about formaing weapons for fear of nerfing. feeling anxious about enjoying yourself kind of killed it for him.

Edited by LorianTheElderPrince