Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why does DE want us to pay for holster style? We pay them for almost everything, so why even for such an basic thing? ? ?

TTwisterTT

Threads like this keep popping up. It's a symptom of the fact that there's nothing left for vets but to acquire stuff. And the majority of the best looking stuff, is pay only.

Vets need fun stuff to acquire by PLAYING, as opposed to sitting in trade chat.

Edited by BlackCoMerc

1 hour ago, KJRenz said:

It's a cosmetic and animation sets are the same thing

Speaking of animation sets, I'd buy tons more of them if they also applied to movement, i.e. if a "crouched ninja" stance would allow you to sprint and so on in a speedy crouched pose.

Sadly, the Warframe simply stands up and segues into the standard movement animations unless remaining still.

I agree, some stuff is overpriced "compared" to other things in the shop...
they should make at least Forma, Catalyst Reactors a lot cheaper.. so fashion would have an actual reason to be that expensive...

If for example a forma would cost 10 Plats.. i would never complain about fashion being that expensive...

10 minutes ago, Misgenesis said:

I was a little disappointed as well but its understandable. 

What im more concerned about is whether or not the missing sliders from default holsters is intended.

Which would be a smart move

I agree, it makes players desire the new stuff so they can further customize their things.

5 hours ago, TTwisterTT said:

Just why again? For such an normal thing like your holstered weapon?

They are cosmetics, so I don't think there is a problem paying for them.

The problem is about paying for unfinished product, like this:

5 hours ago, TTwisterTT said:

Man i understand they need money to grow bigger, we pay for weapon slots, style, sometimes resources and items, i even held my mouth by the animation set (rly? 50 plats for how my frame stands?). Just why again? For such an normal thing like your holstered weapon? Why should i pay for this? Imagine you are a new player, you have nothing, some basic colors, and basic weapons, and now you see you can holster your weapon in another way, but its for money. YAY so basically in this game i have to pay for every litle piece of customization GG 10/10. I know few people that would stop playing it, and i have a few friends that stopped playing it cause of this . . . it makes one sad. I for my self am a player that payed tons of money (nope still no endgame account) and it makes me sad to see how de tryes to drain money from so small basic things that could make the game a lot more fun for starting and even endgame players . . .

Sorry for bad EN not my main language. 

Considering you can get plat freely it's not that absurd also they are a company they need money they can't make everything free.
Be happy that the game is free and there are lots of way to get in-game items/fashion for free, only thing u really have to pay for are Prime Acces and TennoGen items.

As I know in Chinese Warframe players have to pay even for warframe's appearance change. Want to make this red color brighter? Ok but pay to save the change. I want to say that not everything is that bad for us. There is no any thing that looks bad in default. So there is nothing bad if you have to pay (not necessary with your own real money)

Also there is one more problem. DE NEEDS to have more donations to pay employees to make game better. There is a huge amount of platinum spreading on the trading platform. You sell some mods and prime stuff and get platinum. And then you buy whatever you want from another player - this means you give him platinum. So you got platinum from nowhere (just spent some time for farming) and got what you wanted. Without donations. If everybody has enough platinum for what they need then nobody will donate. This is why DE adds more stuff to the shop and new cosmetic things. You then do not give platinum to anybody but delete it from the game by buying those things. This decreases amount of platinum that players have. Less platinum = more donations = better game.

You don't need alternate holsters to play the game. Like almost all the cosmetics in the game it costs plat. Nobody is forcing you to buy it. Also it doesn't have to cost "real money", you can sell in game acquired items for the same currency you use to buy these cosmetics. Play the game, sell items you don't need, buy cosmetic. It's that easy. . .

10 minutes ago, QuietBiro said:

I would consider warframe and weapon slots "basic things". Yet players start with only 3 warframe slots, when there's 29 soon to be 30 warframes in the game

They are basic things that's why u get them, but if u want to expand it you need to purchase it.
See it as Garages, you have a lone standing house with one garage for your car but u want more parking spots for your other cars so you buy some more garages(will be build).

weird comparison I know but you get the point.

Just now, Schregger said:

The least they could do is fix the Prisma Skana's hip holster animation. It literally gets driven through my frames guts, through the groin and out the back of the neck...

`Same with Dark Split-Sword it only has great-sword styles but I want to change my dual-sword style...

6 hours ago, TTwisterTT said:

Man i understand they need money to grow bigger, we pay for weapon slots, style, sometimes resources and items, i even held my mouth by the animation set (rly? 50 plats for how my frame stands?). Just why again? For such an normal thing like your holstered weapon? Why should i pay for this? Imagine you are a new player, you have nothing, some basic colors, and basic weapons, and now you see you can holster your weapon in another way, but its for money. YAY so basically in this game i have to pay for every litle piece of customization GG 10/10. I know few people that would stop playing it, and i have a few friends that stopped playing it cause of this . . . it makes one sad. I for my self am a player that payed tons of money (nope still no endgame account) and it makes me sad to see how de tryes to drain money from so small basic things that could make the game a lot more fun for starting and even endgame players . . .

Sorry for bad EN not my main language. 

Remember that it's a Free to Play game, if it wasn't for plats, DE couldn't get any money.