The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

I don't personally believe they'll put in Umbras for at least a while.

They made it China-exclusive because reasons.  Giving it to us will upset the China players (especially China founders who had to pay for it) so they likely won't bother with it for a while.

Honestly, I doubt they'd even know if we got it in the global build. This is China we're talking about.

Perhaps Stalker or his followers adapted this technology to affect tenno or warframes, thus resulting in the umbra version of warframes. 

as the word umbra is already mentioned in the

-system (you know what i mean) its highly unlikely they have anything to do with the stalker.

they have already stated the umbras will be different from other frames so they arnt just a reskin

and will have access to the umbra system, whatever that may be .... hopefully more revealed in the coming dev stream

The Umbra system you're referring to is the system to get it implemented, it doesn't mean it'll be a focus like system or skill related.

That part only comes from users ideas in this thread, but from DE words the Umbra system is a releasing method.

Plus, Umbra is or is not a reskin the same way Prime is or is not.

It's a different frame and not a skin, that's for sure, it'll have some differences from the standard frame as Prime does, but there's nothing that can make us assume it'll have different powers or different mechanics from the standard counterparts.

In fact, Chinese footage and a moderator clarifying post here point quite in the opposite direction; Umbra must be considered like a dark side of a Prime, nothing less and nothing more.

Again, that's only speculation coming from this thread's user concepts.

Edited by siralextraffo

Well, Nikana Prime and Spira Prime are coming out with Saryn Prime so does this mean hell get released on his own? Will the global release come with new weapons entirely? New prime weapons maybe? Umbra weapons? Is there even such a thing? (insert Elders Scrolls Umbra sword joke here).

they seem to want to incorporate him into a plot or the game. So he may not come in a package deal with other prime weapons. We are getting Excalibur umbra, NOT umbra prime. China got Excalibur umbra prime for a founders pack.

they seem to want to incorporate him into a plot or the game. So he may not come in a package deal with other prime weapons. We are getting Excalibur umbra, NOT umbra prime. China got Excalibur umbra prime for a founders pack.

Umbra and Umbra Prime are the same thing. They're just not calling him Umbra Prime in the global release because some of the founders we're huge babies about it. In fact, I blame the massive delay on some of the founders for reacting to his creation in the first place and for being so self-entitled about it causing DE to work around it and try to find some way to write Umbras into the game. I hope whatever they do, it doesn't come off like some half-baked nonsense for the wait. If they're gonna do a story or whatever, at least do a good job with it so it was worth it.

Edited by (XB1)ToothlessApollo

My thoughts are an umbra frame is the result of a tenno / warframe combo that followed the lotus once, stalker kills their operator and sets them free, and they begin to follow the stalker similar to an acolyte. But, since they have both experiences of light and dark and remember being controlled and being free they separate from stalker and set out on their own, killing when necessary and refusing to follow missions. 

In this new system / questline I think our operator would have to sway the umbra frame until it swears allegiance to their new operator, on a side note this could allow for the split we've been asking for. 

The ability to choose to stay with lotus and get the umbra back to light, to sway to the darkness and have the umbra and the operator follow the stalker's path, or to follow the umbra's free ways and live away from both lotus and stalker in a gray area where you can sway little to each side but stay true to yourself.

Idk my thoughts on a new quest that can possibly give players some sort of meaningful choice.

EDIT: Also possibly the first frame(s) to not be built, but swayed. As in, you do missions to gain their trust and favor and they eventually choose to follow you rather than collecting parts and building.

Edited by SoIaris

I dont think they will release Nikana Prime/ Spira Prime / Saryn Prime and Galatine Prime in one Package ...

DE never released 2 Melee weapons or something other , like 2 secondaries in 1 Prime Access

it was already known that the nikana prime from umbra excal prime via chinaframe would make its way to global its only logical they would slap it on with saryn as she is the next prime

i doubt galtine prime si next but its possible id rather see nikana though ...

Mhh .. i thougt Sheldon has stated that Saryn and Galatine will be the next Prime-Step

He hasn't stated anything regarding the Galatine.

The only actual confirmed thing thus far, before the devstream and recent updates, was Saryn Prime.

He hasn't stated anything regarding the Galatine.

The only actual confirmed thing thus far, before the devstream and recent updates, was Saryn Prime.

They could do Galatine Prime with Umbra. We don't know if hell come out with anything. I personally hope the next prime set has a prime archwing weapon like Imperator Prime or Veritux Prime.