Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The salt finally got me too

PoobahTheGrand

*Warning, pointless thread alert*

The salt finally got too me. Its official. DE crushed meh spirit. The only frames I ever bought from the market were Mesa and Nezha. I don't even like Nezha and was devasted that I spent 325 platinum on a frame that was tradable for like 50. Everywhere I read people said that no vanilla frame could be traded at the time when I was a newbie. This is why I have trust issues and if there is no pic it didn't happen/it's not true

Now I come to see Mesa is receiving a Darvo discount (Isn't it 55%?). My blood pressure just shot through the roof and the fries I just ate a few minutes after seeing Mesa was next for a discount just made it worse. It's funny because for the past few days I have made a couple of posts in different complaint threads, and I see the salt has finally reached me. No one can escape the salt for it shall find everyone sooner or later. And remember folks, always tip your waitress no matter how salty those fries were. She didn't cook em. Now excuse me while I get my Ash out the vault, dust him off, and spam BS everywhere in a edgy tone to take out my frustrations in pubs. Then I'm going to get my Mirage+Simulor and run around the map and be a Tf2 W+M1 Pyro noob. But pay close attention, because you will notice when I'm bullet jumping through the air you'll see a tear flying off my face and into the void of emptiness known as my heart.

Edited by PoobahTheGrand

i read the warning too late .... 

and so far, i can only see that u ... ranting about mesa got ... discount?  

sr m8, but u shouldnt buy stuff that are not cosmetic at all in this game, and before u decide to buy anything, check wikia for that item first, nobody can take advantage of u if u not let them.

beside ... this should not be in general discussion so ... meh

The only non-cosmetic item I've bought (aside from potatoes and forma) is Ivara, and I've never regretted it. I ran so many spy missions I can't remember a number but let's just say I had over 30 blueprints and still no helmet when I decided to bite the bullet and buy her. And unfortunately some things do go on sale, it's always gonna happen, there's not really much you can do about it really.

Always take a step back before acting.

Did you notice that Mutalist alad v coordinate reward from confict are present almost once every 24 hours since like 3 weeks ?

If you didn't thats how i helped 4 fellow tenno to get mesa ( yeah had 4 key and drop a full set and helped a guy getting his last part with my last key thanks RNG )

Its like easyer to get her in game then i ever had a chance before ( not kidding i'm looking for her since a long time )

Edited by trunks013

26 minutes ago, PoobahTheGrand said:

But pay close attention, because you will notice when I'm bullet jumping through the air you'll see a tear flying off my face and into the void of emptiness known as my heart.

Oh man, lol that got me good.

I think it just boils down to not buying gear you can farm out of the market, or better yet, making informed decisions by checking the wiki. 

47 minutes ago, PoobahTheGrand said:

*Warning, pointless thread alert*

The salt finally got too me. Its official. DE crushed meh spirit. The only frames I ever bought from the market were Mesa and Nezha. I don't even like Nezha and was devasted that I spent 325 platinum on a frame that was tradable for like 50. Everywhere I read people said that no vanilla frame could be traded at the time when I was a newbie. This is why I have trust issues and if there is no pic it didn't happen/it's not true

Now I come to see Mesa is receiving a Darvo discount (Isn't it 55%?). My blood pressure just shot through the roof and the fries I just ate a few minutes after seeing Mesa was next for a discount just made it worse. It's funny because for the past few days I have made a couple of posts in different complaint threads, and I see the salt has finally reached me. No one can escape the salt for it shall find everyone sooner or later. And remember folks, always tip your waitress no matter how salty those fries were. She didn't cook em. Now excuse me while I get my Ash out the vault, dust him off, and spam BS everywhere in a edgy tone to take out my frustrations in pubs. Then I'm going to get my Mirage+Simulor and run around the map and be a Tf2 W+M1 Pyro noob. But pay close attention, because you will notice when I'm bullet jumping through the air you'll see a tear flying off my face and into the void of emptiness known as my heart.

i feel you dude xD i bought the edo armor for my friend full price and not even an hour later it got discounted to 70 (was 100 ) i know its not that much but i couldve used that extra 30p D:<

I have to disagree, sorry, regardless of how much I liked that last paragraph...

Because discounts are discounts, getting expensive things for cheap is the whole point. Perhappes your grudge is not really the price, but seeing a whole set being sold at once for cheap, which is understandeable, but still not enough to think you're being wronged.

But I'll still give u a positive. For the record, it's not for the complain, as I think discounts are ok. It's  just that last part.

Sometimes you go to the grocery store and buy something only to find the next day they have the same thing for buy 1 get 1 free. (<-happened to me recently T_T ) Sometimes you go to your favorite gas station to purchase some gasoline. You think it has a pretty good price today only to find out that another gas station on your way to your destination was 10 cents less. Sometimes you buy some platinum only to get a 50% discount the day after doing so.

Cheer up OP these things happen. ^_^

Really? I would have thought Equinox would be winning.

(I can't see the percentages atm)

Also the Pyra syandana was a sortie reward (season 4) and I did all the sorties that season (except for 3 because I got sick) and didn't get it, buying it at the discount it got a few days ago felt bad since I had a chance to get it as a reward. (It was the only thing I had in the non repeatable reward pool for about 2 weeks)

Edited by Madway7

1 hour ago, PoobahTheGrand said:

And remember folks, always tip your waitress no matter how salty those fries were. She didn't cook em. Now excuse me while I get my Ash out the vault, dust him off, and spam BS everywhere in a edgy tone to take out my frustrations in pubs. Then I'm going to get my Mirage+Simulor and run around the map and be a Tf2 W+M1 Pyro noob. But pay close attention, because you will notice when I'm bullet jumping through the air you'll see a tear flying off my face and into the void of emptiness known as my heart.

...Had me quietly chucking for about 5 minutes. Take comfort in that. U funny.

Lols you guys are taking this too seriously. I'm not complaining, I'm not ranting, just got sad for a few moments and decided to make this thread. Far worse has been created here. 

Do you really want to know something sad and worth running around low level nodes with my WoF Ember (plot twist, those flames are actually cosmetic fire tears that protect me so I can cringe in peace) Tf2. I was a nice little newbie. I thought I could make it big and roll in a bounty of cosmetics where I could cash out, invest the money in stocks and be the next Warren Buffet. I thought I had it all planned out. A few months ago, I went to the 7-11 down the street from my apartment, bought $200 (and I was a poor  first year college student) in Steam gift cards. I bought lots of keys and patiently waited the 7 dad where they would become tradable. I went on Tf2outpost, backpack.tf, and trade.tf, a bought as many T1 cancer hats as I could, figuring I could flip them all for a 2 key profit. Long story short nobody wanted to buy any of them, so I had to sell them cheaper for what I bought them, tried over and over again until I didn't even have enough keys to buy the cheapest cancerous hat on the game. So what did I do? I decided to use half of my 7-8 remaining keys to open up crates. I made sure to sacra five 10 lambs and prayed to Lord Gaben 5 days before I did it. I got rekt. Then I bought another $25 gift card and decided to try my luck with Mann co tickets. I got rekt again. If I could've just gotten one Australium gun, I  couldve had enough to get back into the trading hats game. I could've made my comeback, but noooo, Lord Gaben decided he wanted to show he could worse than RNG (Seriously, hats and Australium weapons have a drop rate of less than 1%, no joke. But like a niave fool I thought I could beat this. I thought I could take over the trading world). Then I got into rocket jumping. I found this one really cool server and decided to donate $25 for special mod priveledgddprivelege, one of them included rapid fire mod, which basically let you fly and is basically what happens if Simulor Mirage and BS Ash had a baby when it came to rocket jumping. Then the owner decided to remove the rapid fire mode (which is basically the only reason why I donated $25) and I got rekt again. Tf2 was like a gambling addiction. I kept spending a lot of money, thinking I could make it big. Thinking I could get back my losses. Thinking I could get my wife to take me back. Thinking I could get my kids to love me again. But in the end, I kept getting rekt. After finally besting this addiction and taking control of my life again, I found Waframe and spent $50. As you may know, the relic system along with my foolish newb impulse buys made me get rekt on yet another game. Relic system made me lose 2100 play in profit alone, and I feel like a fool for buying Mesa and Nezha (and I don't even like Nezha). But I'm gonna be honest. I miss Tf2 gambling. I really consider getting back into it. Would I be a fool for spending another $150 on keys to buy more hats and try to flip for a profit again? The trading economy is knocking  on my door and I'm really considering opening it.

59 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Here (for the excess salt):

popcorn-001.jpg

That's only going to make it worse. Do you know how much salt is in butter? You trying to kill me bro?

Edited by PoobahTheGrand

Correct me if I'm wrong here:

Before the deals we're seeing this summer, you bought some frames.

Since then, changes have been made to an online game that have:

• allowed one of those non-prime frames to be tradeable between players
  • resulted in a player vote that looks like the other frame will be discounted this weekend.

I'm sorry, but this is life. The "extra platinum" you paid for these things is no one's "fault" but your own. You have essentially paid that extra platinum in order to buy those items earlier. It's like buying the 2016 model of a car in 2016 or buying it in 2018. Some are willing to pay that extra price to get it now. Others wait for that price to drop. Still others wait for that deal when they are trying to make room for more inventory.

This is life. Get used to it and don't try to masquerade it as DE doing anything wrong or there being anything to be truly salty about.

Instead, learn your lesson and move on.

Edited by Sebrent
Remove improper grammer "there to being" to "there being

Mesa is relatively easy to farm so I won't spend plat on her. I would have preferred to see Equinox on sale because I really cbf to farm Rygor dozens of times. Nezha is a meh frame tbh unless you're bored of the better ones or you're really desperate for mastery.

23 minutes ago, Sebrent said:

Correct me if I'm wrong here:

Before the deals we're seeing this summer, you bought some frames.

Since then, changes have been made to an online game that have:

• allowed one of those non-prime frames to be tradeable between players
  • resulted in a player vote that looks like the other frame will be discounted this weekend.

I'm sorry, but this is life. The "extra platinum" you paid for these things is no one's "fault" but your own. You have essentially paid that extra platinum in order to buy those items earlier. It's like buying the 2016 model of a car in 2016 or buying it in 2018. Some are willing to pay that extra price to get it now. Others wait for that price to drop. Still others wait for that deal when they are trying to make room for more inventory.

This is life. Get used to it and don't try to masquerade it as DE doing anything wrong or there being anything to be truly salty about.

Instead, learn your lesson and move on.

Correction: Nezha was always tradable (Or at least I'm pretty sure it's he was) I just didn't know it because I was new

45 minutes ago, PoobahTheGrand said:

Lols you guys are taking this too seriously. I'm not complaining, I'm not ranting, just got sad for a few moments and decided to make this thread.  

Pls spare me your sympathy

Edited by PoobahTheGrand

You should bring that Mirage+Simulor with me to help me open up all of my map nodes. I'm currently at Neptune and Pluto and it's pretty tough when the damned Corpus maps spawn two Bursas on me while I'm trying to get a prisoner out. >_<

Edited by uAir

5 hours ago, PoobahTheGrand said:

Do you really want to know something sad and worth running around low level nodes with my WoF Ember (plot twist, those flames are actually cosmetic fire tears that protect me so I can cringe in peace) Tf2. I was a nice little newbie. I thought I could make it big and roll in a bounty of cosmetics where I could cash out, invest the money in stocks and be the next Warren Buffet. I thought I had it all planned out. A few months ago, I went to the 7-11 down the street from my apartment, bought $200 (and I was a poor  first year college student) in Steam gift cards. I bought lots of keys and patiently waited the 7 dad where they would become tradable. I went on Tf2outpost, backpack.tf, and trade.tf, a bought as many T1 cancer hats as I could, figuring I could flip them all for a 2 key profit. Long story short nobody wanted to buy any of them, so I had to sell them cheaper for what I bought them, tried over and over again until I didn't even have enough keys to buy the cheapest cancerous hat on the game. So what did I do? I decided to use half of my 7-8 remaining keys to open up crates. I made sure to sacra five 10 lambs and prayed to Lord Gaben 5 days before I did it. I got rekt. Then I bought another $25 gift card and decided to try my luck with Mann co tickets. I got rekt again. If I could've just gotten one Australium gun, I  couldve had enough to get back into the trading hats game. I could've made my comeback, but noooo, Lord Gaben decided he wanted to show he could worse than RNG (Seriously, hats and Australium weapons have a drop rate of less than 1%, no joke. But like a niave fool I thought I could beat this. I thought I could take over the trading world). Then I got into rocket jumping. I found this one really cool server and decided to donate $25 for special mod priveledgddprivelege, one of them included rapid fire mod, which basically let you fly and is basically what happens if Simulor Mirage and BS Ash had a baby when it came to rocket jumping. Then the owner decided to remove the rapid fire mode (which is basically the only reason why I donated $25) and I got rekt again. Tf2 was like a gambling addiction. I kept spending a lot of money, thinking I could make it big. Thinking I could get back my losses. Thinking I could get my wife to take me back. Thinking I could get my kids to love me again. But in the end, I kept getting rekt. After finally besting this addiction and taking control of my life again, I found Waframe and spent $50. As you may know, the relic system along with my foolish newb impulse buys made me get rekt on yet another game. Relic system made me lose 2100 play in profit alone, and I feel like a fool for buying Mesa and Nezha (and I don't even like Nezha). But I'm gonna be honest. I miss Tf2 gambling. I really consider getting back into it. Would I be a fool for spending another $150 on keys to buy more hats and try to flip for a profit again? The trading economy is knocking  on my door and I'm really considering opening it.

Wall of text crits you for 1903006

MISSION FAILED

I'll admit it, I buy frames the first day they are released and try not to look back. In my opinion, it is more fun to do the quests to get the frame as the frame which is the objective of the quest. There is no reason to ever look back and regret doing this. 

17 minutes ago, NezuHimeSama said:

Oh no, other people got things for less money than you did some time after you got them!

Ikr? What a bloody crime!

1 hour ago, uAir said:

You should bring that Mirage+Simulor with me to help me open up all of my map nodes. I'm currently at Neptune and Pluto and it's pretty tough when the damned Corpus maps spawn two Bursas on me while I'm trying to get a prisoner out. >_<

I got you bro