Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe trailers: Stahp eet DE, please!

(PSN)WINDMILEYNO

1 minute ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

But it still lags for some people. It has been hinted at many times (and I have no solid proof for you) that the fps issue was not from sotd specifically but May be caused by some other part of the game....

But this isn't about that. True or not, Why not just release whole movies so I can go watch those and pretend.

Nova probably explodes entire planets in her trailer

Idk my point is that personally i just watch cinematics for fun because i long stopped expexting them to be accurate in terms of gameplay. Should they be? Well, we could make a case for that i suppose, but then the cinematic designers have no creative license. And most people i know dont expext cinematic to be much more than eye candy for hype building. And like everyone in the industry does it, so even if it werent a great practicr, it is a really common one.

20 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Idk my point is that personally i just watch cinematics for fun because i long stopped expexting them to be accurate in terms of gameplay. Should they be? Well, we could make a case for that i suppose, but then the cinematic designers have no creative license. And most people i know dont expext cinematic to be much more than eye candy for hype building. And like everyone in the industry does it, so even if it werent a great practicr, it is a really common one.

Why can't our game really work like that though?

Are we really truly that far behind in technology (like was stated by someone before)...that's sad. I'll be putting myself in cryosleep and see you all in about 20 years then

I kinda agree with you OP. I do think the trailers look awesome, however IIRC many of the previous trailers for the game kept the exaggeration to a minimum and most of what was shown could actually be done (aside from small details here and there).

The example that comes to mind for me is the console launch trailer with Captain Vor. Yeah, we don't see the Grineer interact with each other the way it was shown in the trailer, but most of the combat and powers from Warframes seemed really accurate to the in-game equivalent while still maintaining the awesomeness of a choreographed sequence unlikely to actually occur in-game.

1 minute ago, Marvelous_A said:

Nekros Prime actually shot Tigris Prime thrice without reloading

Well then. More fuel for the fire

26 minutes ago, ViralN9 said:

Well then I dearly hope you aren't passionate about this.

Not really. Actually was kind of bored, so looked up nekros trailer and then kind of just got a little miffed and decided to joke/rant about it here

1 hour ago, EmptyDevil said:

Vauban wasn't exactly accurate either.

? He threw down a concussion grenade and a bounce pad consecutively, bastilled'd everything, shot it with the akstilletto, then vortex'd a bursa and hit it with a hammer. Only thing that seemed off was hitting the bursa with a melee from the front.

Nekros soul punched what was clearly a capture target (which is immune to everything now) killing him instantly instead of ragdolling him like normal, then raised him from the dead instead of poofing them and several other guys into existence. Also it didn't seem like they were all bleeding out and dying after 15 seconds. So they took a lot more liberties to make Nekros not look like a work horse farming tool with their bullshot.

All in all it feels like a missed opportunity. Nekros has really good support abilities for teamplay but these trailers only focus on one frame. He coulda been a harbinger of life and death, soul punching a teammate back to life then melting some poor guy into health goo.

Edited by (PS4)Tactless_Ninja

42 minutes ago, Maicael said:

I kinda agree with you OP. I do think the trailers look awesome, however IIRC many of the previous trailers for the game kept the exaggeration to a minimum and most of what was shown could actually be done (aside from small details here and there).

The example that comes to mind for me is the console launch trailer with Captain Vor. Yeah, we don't see the Grineer interact with each other the way it was shown in the trailer, but most of the combat and powers from Warframes seemed really accurate to the in-game equivalent while still maintaining the awesomeness of a choreographed sequence unlikely to actually occur in-game.

Exactly this

Edited by (PS4)WINDMILEYNO
Sounded weird by itself...

8 hours ago, RyogoKusama said:

But you can't Soul Punch forum threads in the game! You just added more fuel to the OP rage...!

n_11279198.jpg

Nekros should : have a timer after casting sotd where fallen souls will be automatically be replaced instead of needing to be recast, health decay should not start until after this timer...thatd fit the video.

Soul punch should prioritize that enemy killed as the next soul after death....thatd fit with the video, and was a great suggestion being thrown around the forums, plus no rag doll affectJustd

Would have been nice