Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev stream 80, high hopes

MokutoBunshi

"For this episode, we’re going Back to Basics. Join Rebecca and the Devs on the couch as they discuss Warframe’s big picture areas. From Updates to Core Gameplay, we’ll be looking at it all!" I am very much looking forward to any explanation of the direction and vision of warframe. Its been a questi0on for a while. I don't know about you guys but I think this could be good.

]\'[

2 hours ago, MokutoBunshi said:

"For this episode, we’re going Back to Basics. Join Rebecca and the Devs on the couch as they discuss Warframe’s big picture areas. From Updates to Core Gameplay, we’ll be looking at it all!" I am very much looking forward to any explanation of the direction and vision of warframe. Its been a questi0on for a while. I don't know about you guys but I think this could be good.

]\'[

hell no, i really dont care anymore, i simply have no time for this any longer ... here, some towels for them for tomorrow watching themselves speaking to themselves (^^

sorry, too late for me ...

after many devstreams i'll pass on this one...what they say tomorrow ( new stuffs coming / reworks ) will likely be implemented 3 months later, IF it'll be implemented ( dmg 3.0 being talked of ..when was it? 6 months ago? longer ? Limbo rework was mentioned when...3 months ago? replayable Quests anyone? ) i don't need/want more hype, the constant delays with TWW stroke the killing blow to my pool of patience.Half baked reworks/and on paper good ideas, in practice turning meh over the months did the rest..so yeah, whatever comes next it'll be a surprise.At this point the only thing that may interest me is when they start making higher lvl nodes so oldies like me can actually shoot more than 2 times at something without obliterating the whole room with the snap of a finger and or having more recurring tactical alerts with extreme monster enemies so as to have some thrills when you join the battle.That as a band aid until they figure out something that feels more " endgame" or "veteran friendly "...meanwhile i'll try to figure out how to kill the time cus despite all the sour taste and delusion i still love WF...

*goes back to re-play sortie 3 augmented armor Melee with Lesion*

Edited by arm4geddon-117

2 hours ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

Welp there's a few residual tidbits a few streams ago. Dojos, Dark Sectors, replayable quests, etc.

I'm hopefully optimistic. The game has improved whether its apparent or not. The devil's in the details.

I tend to agree. Even with all the stuff I have against the game in the current state, I feel like it's on the right track, just need to dial it in to fill in some missing aspects in the game (IE endgame, endless runs, etc). Hats off to DE though, There isn't another game like this one. They've done some good work for a game that was only suppose to have a life span of 6 months.

15 hours ago, Mutt2679 said:

Hats off to DE though, There isn't another game like this one. They've done some good work for a game that was only suppose to have a life span of 6 months.

This is a good thing for DE, and bad thing for everyone else - a lot of DE's behavior and excuse for the rather unfocused development of this game is strictly because they don't have any competition to kick them in the pants, so they win by default.

As an overall shooter, the game is actually pretty awful.

As an RPG loot hunt game, it's pretty awful.

As a Korean grinder, it's right up there with the best of them - trading in intense grinding sessions for one item for a vast multitude of tiny grinding sessions until the very end when there isn't much left to collect.

The only reason they focus on half-assed new systems while letting old rot is because they must keep the skinner's box strong.  What's most insulting is how long it takes them to adjust anything when they do commit.  Weapon stats especially aren't a year long study ordeal - weapons like the Machete could be buffed to at least PvP version standards in 3 minutes tops, they just won't, because what's the pressure to do so?

Still wishing Phantasy Star Online 2 came to America.  Still hoping someone out there is looking to jump on the Warframe bandwagon... only do it better.

1 hour ago, Neear said:

I'll just wait for bunny to post a summary of the devstream not going to bother watching an hour of them getting our hopes and dreams up not to answer hot topic questions.

I guess I'll do the same.

Something about watching livestreams is making me nervous. That's why I don't watch em.

12 minutes ago, Littleman88 said:

This is a good thing for DE, and bad thing for everyone else - a lot of DE's behavior and excuse for the rather unfocused development of this game is strictly because they don't have any competition to kick them in the pants, so they win by default.

That is true, Competition is usually the best form of renovation. I don't agree it's an awful shooter or RNG loot game though. I've dumped more hours into this game in my 28 years gaming then any other game, and I don't see me quiting anytime soon. The RNG is here is a lot better than other games, especially with the new relic system.

They've put a lot of work into U19 and supposedly they are finally going to get around to those old systems that they (agreeably) have been putting off for far too long. If the Dev stream does say the are going to turn their attention on those dying and forgotten about systems and they get implemented. I'm sure it'll be a while before we see the updated systems, but I'm hoping this stream does get them "back to basics" and we can see those forgotten about stuff relooked at. 

The game has a ton of potential. I'm sure DE will figure stuff out and make it better. They haven't let me down in 3 and a half years playing. They always find a way to pull me back in the game. 

Edited by Mutt2679