Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Stream 80: Carrier Changes feedback thread [Megathread]

DonGheddo

26 minutes ago, Neear said:

Damage 3.0 [29]

• Rework/removal of "mandatory mods"

I like how they want to remove damage mods since they're considered mandatory yet its ok to add more mandatory mods.

Hahahaha THIS!

Also, like I said earlier they already removed mandatory ability mods for Warframes, but now they want to make more mandatory precept mods for sentinels? I know they'll say they're not mandatory. But the community has spoken, the carrier usage stats have spoken too. We have decided together that vacuum is a must, that it's a staple feature. So they WILL be mandatory if we want the full effect and want to continue as we have done for so long.

Edited by Master-Nachash

4 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

Yep, he is pretty much going to increase your ammo capacity AND give ammo mutation, so any ammo types you don't use will be converted into stuff you do use.

No way! That sounds unbelievably good! I hope to heck it stacks with our normal mutation mods. Kohm needs it so much.

3 minutes ago, SoulEaterReaper said:

yeah cause mostly what we need from carrier is, ammo, energy, resources, so most of everyone who is not mr22 who has everything will be using all 3 mods.

much improvement for the average player who is not mr22

???

I'm not sure if it's because it's currently 1:40am but I can't make heads or tails of what you're saying.

7 minutes ago, bl4ckhunter said:

we asked for increased base pickup range and got vacuum split into 3 mods, that's the problem with me people.

Actually, "we" asked to have Vacuum universal on Sentinels, Warframes, and to be able to choose what items are picked up.  

And we got what we asked for, mostly.

I'm actually liking the idea that Vacuum is turning into ammo mutation. There was no real use for Vacuum outside of stationary farming, which DE does not like to encourage. I'm not really sure how they're going to change Vacuum but I really don't think it needs to be universal. Considering how buggy Vacuum can be it sounds like it's going to have to change quite a bit.

10 minutes ago, Jakorak said:

yay elitism that fails to realize vets still occasionally have to gather resources and still have super ludicrously rare mods to find that they might miss on the ground in the din of a thousand drops without vacuum or lodged 5 meters into a wall

it's not really elitism considering Smeeta gives you a resource/affinity boost or that Chesa with pick up all the mods and resources you need.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

What do you mean by that... You're free to have your shade sentinel and Mesa...

Op's saying that carrier's gonna be worthless after the update, which I highly doubt since infinitium-ammo-morphing-ium ;D Along with vacuum.

Right?  If anything, this has upped Carrier's meta status.

"But survivability!"  I've been using Carrier for years, the only time it wasn't able to survive was when I was in a Survival for too long, but in average gameplay, BawlSak Prime had no issues stayin' alive.

ah ah, stayin' aliiiiive.  

1 minute ago, Keybopsef said:

No way! That sounds unbelievably good! I hope to heck it stacks with our normal mutation mods. Kohm needs it so much.

The ammo mutation will probably be a standard rank 1. Basic example equinox passive.

The diriga, djinn, shade and wyrm aren't just max and trash. They can have some use. Just greatly out shined by 'vacuum'

Carrier is getting nerfed.

BIG TIME.

I see this less of a "DE listening to the players & bringing vacuum to other companions" and more of a "90% of the players use carrier so we need to nerf the dog poopy out of it."

So if this change happens, what are the two changes the day after?

1) Companions don't necessarily change.  Your kubrow hasn't changed from the day earlier.

2) Carrier is nerfed big time and is markedly worse.

1 hour ago, Master-Nachash said:

The way I see it, there are two viable solutions to this issue. Creating three new vacuum-ish mods is overkill.

Do with all companions what was done with Warframes a while back, where ability mods were removed and made so they were unlocked by levelling. Give all companions their individual abilities / precepts, but also on top of that, give them innate vacuum but without the visual effect (because it'd look weird on Kubrows + Kavats).

This would make ALL companions just as desirable to use as Carrier is right now. Without the extra cost and without having to change builds.

In regards to the two mod slots not used by the abilities / precepts anymore. Just simply depolarise them and make them open to other mods without needing to be forma'd (unless you want or need the extra capacity by polarising of course).

Or, instead, simply give all Warframes a passive "vacuum" ability, where lore-wise, Warframe's manipulate void energy to pull desirable items towards them. I mean, it kinda makes sense. Warframes are cybernetic space ninjas, they don't wanna be stopping to pick things up every five minutes, they want / need to be able to jump around as fast as possible whilst simultaneously killing things, so it makes sense that they'd have some kind of built-in system that enables them to collect loot that their systems deem desirable.

you see, that's all well thought out and well intentioned, but DE has a checkered past with "fixing" "broken" aspects of warframe, they mean well, but they have a habit of not listening to the community on issues such as carrier and universal vacuum. people have been discussing universal vacuum for a long time, and all of a sudden DE perks up and decides to fix the "problem" with carrier and vacuum by making carrier worthless, and adding more madatory mods. what happened to balance? what happened to removing madatory mods? what happened to listening to the community? I'm not dev bashing, and I'm not quitting, but I don't like the direction DE is going

Edited by Etan-gK
spelling error

In my opinion...I'm on the fence about this. I would rather the original vacuum to remain exclusive to carrier and allow the other sentinels to utilize the 3 new mods. This way...carrier fans can stay happy and those who want to use vacuum like ability with other sentinels to be happy as well. Long live Vacuum Prime! lol

15 minutes ago, SoulEaterReaper said:

if ppl did like other sentinels, carrier wouldn't be touched nor updated

Players do like other sentinels.

...That's why they are moving Vacuum into a shared ability.

If they keep the new version of Carrier as stated it will do a few very positive things

• It will make bullet hoses more viable across the board
  • It will give players more choice and more options to consider in sentinel builds
  • It will make Carrier a more viable option for players  

Carrier basically just got upgraded, along with every other sentinel, if truth be told.

Edited by Padre_Akais

3 hours ago, Sherbniz said:

It's not just laziness. Looting in this game is pretty awkward.

Vacuum contributes to the flow of the game and it feels good. That's why it's addicting. Addicting like a fresh breeze of air when you've been living in a cellar all your life.

Every moment spent picking up loot piece-by-piece is a moment not spent actually playing this game and enjoying yourself.

I agree with everything you are saying, but that doesn't make Carrier the objective best or most fun Sentinel. Personally, I find the stun-locks and long-range sniping of the Dirigia to be more fun and useful than Carrier.

Dear Scott,

We really appreciate the effort you put into warframe but please dont mess this up. the fast pace of warframe does not pair well with picking up every ounce of ammo, every mod, every endo drop, and every energy orb.

In warframe, resources are required for progression. if it drops, we want it. leaving resources behind is like leaving money on the ground. We have to have it all or it feels like a waste.

Please do this right.

If it is changed to be a mod, we have another serration: a required mod.

No mods so as to make it inclusive of ALL companions.

sincerely,

The Tenno

for the tenno who arent in the know, this was discussed today on the devstream: https://youtu.be/7Sn0trMF98M?t=15m

Changes are detailed here: https://warframe.com/news/devstream-80-overview

This is a crosspost from the warframe subreddit: i thought It may be more visible here for the devs to see. there are a ton more comments and suggestions here, i recommend checking it out. https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/533o01/dear_descott_we_as_a_community_want_universal/

1 minute ago, (PS4)Ariies said:

In my opinion...I'm on the fence about this. I would rather the original vacuum to remain exclusive to carrier and allow the other sentinels to utilize the 3 new mods. This way...carrier fans can stay happy and those who want to use vacuum like ability with other sentinels to be happy as well. Long live Vacuum Prime! lol

this is what needs to happen; it makes sense, and fixes the "problem" without making carrier worthless.

but it won't happen