Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Stream 80: Carrier Changes feedback thread [Megathread]

DonGheddo

1 minute ago, Kuestenjung said:

Auras help too like ammo mutation.

Yes, but offering options is always good.

If it is true that Vaccum will become a universal mod and Carrier get´s something new then it is no fix, cause there is nothing to fix. It is an unnecessary change that just proves that you need to cry long enough on the forums to get your will.

This has been known in the board for a loooooong time.

This isn't universal.  It's still only for sentinels, and it is split up into 3 different types and we can only equip 1 of the 3 types.

This isn't the right way to approach this, it really shouldn't be split into multiple mods and should be allowed on ALL companions.

I'll get some hate here, but that's not really a right decision. It's a victory for very lazy people. Vacuum should be nerfed not made "universal". There is nothing hard taking few steps left and right to get loot. It's something big, yeah, but I'm kinda scared when DE takes another decision to make this game too easy. I know that some people would like to breeze through level, press 4 few times and get all the loot (or better 2 times as many). But I hope they won't listen to them too much...

4 minutes ago, (XB1)FISTO ROBOT0 said:

If I have to use 3 different mods to get the effect that carrier currently has? Terrible horrible idea... HOWEVER! allowing any companion to use vaccume and give carrier new ability? This would be good.... Guess we will se ? God I hope it's not the first suggestion I listed

If I cannot use all 3 mods at the same time I'll be mad.

Cause I can see DE doing that as a nerf, allowing you to only Vacuum 1 kind of item at a time. Example: Mods, Resource/Credits/Ammo, or Endo

1 minute ago, Hesyol said:

It's a victory for very lazy people.

I play Warframe to shoot things with space magic. Not play Tweezer Farmer Simulator 2017. I'd be happier if they removed drops in general and just moved them to resource/mod/endo gain on mission completion.

4 minutes ago, Hesyol said:

I'll get some hate here, but that's not really a right decision. It's a victory for very lazy people. Vacuum should be nerfed not made "universal". There is nothing hard taking few steps left and right to get loot. It's something big, yeah, but I'm kinda scared when DE takes another decision to make this game too easy. I know that some people would like to breeze through level, press 4 few times and get all the loot (or better 2 times as many). But I hope they won't listen to them too much...

I don't use Carrier at all and still can collect all the loot. Carrier's Vacuum isn't needed that much

Doesn't anyone think it's a terrible idea to split vacuum into 3 mods? (can probably only fit one at a time)  So from the way I understood it you'll have to choose what gets picked up now.

So we're getting vacuum on more than Carrier but it's coming with a severe nerf.

20 minutes ago, Culaio said:

Dont be happy too soon...

There is mention of 3 different types of Vacuum idea(Mods, Endo...)

Please remember that most of time when DE fixes something they also nerf it along the way.

Yup i'm already excited about having 3 different vacuum mods.

1. Collects only mods

2. Collects only ressources

3. Collects endo and ammo

(Just some guesses. And of course (cause reasons) you can only use 1 of the them so you have to decide what you want to get instead of getting all of the things).

2 minutes ago, The-Tective said:

Yup i'm already excited about having 3 different vacuum mods.

1. Collects only mods

2. Collects only ressources

3. Collects endo and ammo

(Just some guesses. And of course (cause reasons) you can only use 1 of the them so you have to decide what you want to get instead of getting all of the things).

This is outright nerf, also are they going to give us vacuum slot for sentinels if they dont this will only make sentienls worse since they will need to sacrifce other mods for this.

If DE is going to give vacuum to other sentienels this way then I DONT want this change, I rather keep my current vacuum on carrier.

For those who don't know, in the latest devstream DE said they would remove Vacuum from Carrier and make it available to every sentinel...but now you need 3 mods to do what Vacuum did.

From the way it sounded, it looks like there'll be an individual Vacuum for Resources, Mods/Endo, and pickups

This is nothing less than a massive nerf to Vacuum. With the different precepts, survivability mods, utility mods like Medi-Ray and Animal Instinct, fitting 3 Vacuum mods into your Sentinel is going to be incredibly difficult

Every time DE makes a "good" change it's one step forward and two steps back

This is not good.

Taking a mod that was considered mandatory on carrier and splitting it up into 3 mods is not an improvement.

Practically replacing Vacuum and turning it into ammo drum

I still do not see what is wrong with a new mod that would increase a players pickup range.  If i can pick up a Focus affinty booster within 5 meters I would be happy to give up Vacuum to increase my pickup range.  Add a slot for utility on companions that allows to QoL improvments like increase pickup range or jump distance

Edited by kkinnison

4 minutes ago, BPNPC said:

For those who don't know, in the latest devstream DE said they would remove Vacuum from Carrier and make it available to every sentinel...but now you need 3 mods to do what Vacuum did.

From the way it sounded, it looks like there'll be an individual Vacuum for Resources, Mods/Endo, and pickups

This is nothing less than a massive nerf to Vacuum. With the different precepts, survivability mods, utility mods like Medi-Ray and Animal Instinct, fitting 3 Vacuum mods into your Sentinel is going to be incredibly difficult

Every time DE makes a "good" change it's one step forward and two steps back

we dont know if its gonna be ''vacum for mods resources endo etc... i dont think they will do it like that because it would be pure :poop: