Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Stream 80: Carrier Changes feedback thread [Megathread]

DonGheddo

3 minutes ago, Irorone said:

It was already doing that >_>.

Sigh another game bit that gets changed just because it was TOO popular >_>.

Either they had to make the other sentinels wort using or nerf the most popular one. Guess which option is the fastest.

Anyway, i am not against this change. The only problem i have with it is the fact that DE wants to split vacuum in 3 mods and this is unnecessary.

If DE are splitting Vacuum into 3 mods. Then that means that 3 mod slots for our companions are now going to be "staple" mods. This isn't good for the game or build diversity, I'd personally prefer there to be only one Vacuum mod if not, no Vacuum mods at all and the Universal Vacuum passive that the community has wanted for a hell of a long time.

2 minutes ago, SnuggleBuckets said:

Personally I feel a better "balancing" option would be to make the universal vacuum an expensive/high capacity mod, instead of splitting its function up into many mods up.

See this doesn't work either, though. I have all but one slot polarized and I still only have 2 points left. Cats and dogs have basically zero spots and require basically every slot polarized as well to fit maxed mods, and I didn't get the impression they were adding Vacuum to companions, just sentinels.

They are basically just proposing a nerf to Carrier.

3 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

The change is awesome. I don't use Carrier often, I just hate meta builds, including having a single sentinel being good while the others getting shaft.

So you're basically admitting you're just an Elitist Carrier hater that is happy if Carrier gets a nerf?

Because that's what you just said, since changing vacuum this way will not make other sentinels more popular due to their raw stats being S#&$ anyway...

Just now, Cat_Jam said:

If all sentinels had this, I assume Carrier would have a replacement ability. Perhaps maybe Carrying an extra supply of ammo, energy and health (picks up dropped ammo/energy/health and stores it for later use).

Or nerf it, y'know, whatever.

He will have extra ammo supply and ammo convert if i remember the devstream correctly ^.^ 

6 minutes ago, OzoneAle said:

Either they had to make the other sentinels wort using or nerf the most popular one. Guess which option is the fastest.

Anyway, i am not against this change. The only problem i have with it is the fact that DE wants to split vacuum in 3 mods and this is unnecessary.

Yeah and guess which option is the worst because it's the easy way out.  Number of things they could have done to make each sentinel worthwhile?

Wyrm randomly jams nearby enemy guns.

Helios actually auto scans things that give you items on scan (kavats, silver grove plants etc.) and even gives you simaris xp by using that scanner when you have the infinite widget.

Diriga Weapon charges up to one shot specific opponents.

Death cube weapon fire rate and reload speed increases with sustained fire.

Shade cloak extends on silent kills

Djinn paralyzes enmies it pulls in.

What did they go with?  Lets make the best one worse because it's EASY.  The worthwhile things are rarely easy.  Keep in mind I thought of the above in less than TEN MINUTES.

Edited by Irorone

Just now, Cat_Jam said:

If all sentinels had this, I assume Carrier would have a replacement ability. Perhaps maybe Carrying an extra supply of ammo, energy and health (picks up dropped ammo/energy/health and stores it for later use).

Or nerf it, y'know, whatever.

DE said during the stream that his two precepts will now be a built in ammo mutator and the ability to carry extra reserve ammo. Sounds amazing if you want to use very ammo hungry guns (Looking at you Vipers)

My biggest concern is the mention of it being split into 3 which means losing 3 mod slots, which is a serious nerf to any sentinel.... something I'm I don't like unless they mean one each for sentinels, kubrow and kavat but that's not likely.  It really does feel like they're trying to nerf the carrier to try and force us to use other sentinels rather than fixing the innate problem of it having the most universally beneficial ability while the other's abilities aren't as beneficial... it's a recuring issue with 'balance' that I'm seeing in that some items are really useful and then the dev's seem to 'run out of ideas' or make one thing considerably more powerful/useful (smeeta is more useful than adeza, huras/sahasa most useful kubrows, carrier best sentinel). 

It would have been easier to just give all warframes a built in vacuum range but I'm hoping the new mods can be added to kavats/kubrows too as the chesa kubrow is useless at collecting stuff. 

I'm still not sure the intended change to the carrier will make it any less used though, they said it's going to get extra ammo or built in ammo mutation which is arguably still far more useful than any other sentinel ability, especially if you use high ammo usage weapons like say the tonkor.....

Edited by LSG501

7 minutes ago, Phatose said:

Actually, introduce the new universal mods for vacuum, but leave carrier's vacuum as is.

Carrier keeps his shctick.  People wanting to use it on other sentienels can have the same effect - but at the cost of 2 extra mod slots.

Seems fair to me.

I am okay with this. Make it so that vacuum works better or is easier to use with carrier, as opposed to other sentinals. Just please don't completely nerf vacuum. I hate the idea of having to use three mods on my companions just so I don't have to run in little circles trying to pick up 150,000 nano spores.

1 minute ago, KJRenz said:

I'd rather see how it is instead of going around doomsaying.

Also, speak for yourself.

I do have to say that while as veteran I have accumulated a fair ammount of pessimism concerning changes like this...

I also know they make changes for the better when people are vocal.

And that's why we must be vocal.

Edited by Sherbniz

Just now, Demon.King said:

So you're basically admitting you're just an Elitist Carrier hater that is happy if Carrier gets a nerf?

Because that's what you just said, since changing vacuum this way will not make other sentinels more popular due to their raw stats being S#&$ anyway...

Nope, I don't hate Carrier. I have mine, very forma'ed and I use it whenever I focus on farming resources, but on regular play sessions I don't bring a sentinel at all because I play mostly stealth and Sentinels s*ck for stealth because they refuse to fly low and avoid detection. I hate meta builds, which means I hate carrier being the only useful sentinel as much as I hated Smeeta broken rare resource thing or Ash's bladespam build. Nothing personal with Carrier.

Splitting the Vacuum in 3 is a very good move. And adding Ammo Drum+Ammo mutation to carrier (which I presume will be a passive and not a precept) it's awesome.

1 minute ago, Sherbniz said:

Mag would like to have a word with you.

Funny enough, the only issue I see with her is how polarize works/scales.

In my opinion, nothing is wrong with her except that one ability.

Again, there's zero point going around carrying a sign saying "The end is nigh"

Edited by KJRenz