Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Stream 80: Carrier Changes feedback thread [Megathread]

DonGheddo

Note To WF Community. STOP asking for changes to things. Every change will be an excuse to nerf it to the players detriment.

Just like the fissure change that snuck in relic grind and endo that snuck in increased credits and decreased endo gains.

Just like the Syndicate mission change so that people would be able to find squads easier resulted in half syndicate rewards.

Seems like every time there is a change it comes packaged with a nerf. Vacuum was fine how it was, people wanted it not limited to carrier... they didn't want it split into 3 precepts. This is ridiculous. And if people were asking for some kind of individual vacuum (which seems like a small minority) then at least give us 4 vacuum precepts. The three new ones and the old one. But NOOOOo it will be a nerf for everyone who was happy with Vacuum.

Now it will be a choice between vaccuuming ammo so you don't run out, or say mods so you don't lose a rare mod behind a wall.... great.

Carrier's vacuum is finally becoming universal (with a worrying 3 part split) but honestly what's modding without considering the pro's and con's of a setup? If you really need all 3 on just take off a few non-essential mods. And I dunno bout you but my ammo hungry bullet hoses and machine pistols are very happy bout this news.

There's also the fact that now every other sentinel is now viable for playing again. This stagnant fog around your companion slot is finally lifting. Rejoice!

I never was a carrier and vacuum fan but it seems DE doesn't like the simplier solutions. No need vacuum simply just increase the range to collect mods like 1-2 meter or maximum 5 meter for loot then no need to step on the desired stuff before collect.

In a game where there is absolutely no realism quite strange they doesn't tried to use this thing.

I am happy with collecting myself the mods the only annoying thing here is when the mods float or fall and stuck into places where you cannot get them. 3 Vacuum is just seems pretty useless instead of this they could just give more mods for kavats-kubrows-sentinels also we need new sentinels and a decent sentinel arsenal because the 1 gun each sentinel while we have dozens of weapons is quite abysmal. No surprise there is no real use in higher levels because these pets cannot hit any target except diriga.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

There's also the fact that now every other sentinel is now viable for playing again. This stagnant fog around your companion slot is finally lifting. Rejoice!

But at what cost? We wont know till it releases. Also the build I have on my carrier, every mod except for 1 is essential, and when vacuum goes away, ill have one slot open to play with (the one vacuum was in.)

9 minutes ago, Wandrecanada said:

I like this development. Now I can actually use different companions without having to worry about losing out on drops. My Diriga is so lonely and wants to do some more kill stealing.

Except maybe not, becuase you will lose out on 2/3 of the drops if this is the way they are splitting it.

First, just a diddy because I don't believe it was explicitly mentioned:

I believe the 3 vacuum mods are: mods/endo, resources, ammo/energy to be exact.

Let's be frank: you don't need to vacuum endo or mods. Animal Instinct shows them clear as day on the radar. So, that one's not needed. Resources? You eventually aren't going to need to pick up resources. Unless you really think you need to bulk up your pool of 2 million nanospores. And as for energy vacuuming? I hate it. I really despise losing an energy orb every time I so much as cast my first ability and lose 7 energy, only to lose an orb worth 25 or even 50.

But, because Carrier needed something unique to itself, now it'll have auto ammo mutation? If it's not a garbage tier ammo mutation, that could potentially change Phage and Amprex builds substantially by opening another mod slot. All sounds good to me. o3o

Always the same story, huh?

Why do the devs hate vacuum?

It's pure quality of life in this game with it's awkward drop system of million fiddly diddly drops with dodgy physics falling through cracks in the floor, dropping to the ground of holes and never respawning on the top, etc etc etc.

Vacuum has no repercussions on game balance besides sucking up energy and with the low droprates of those it really doesn't matter.

Giving it to other sentinels or pets changes nothing about the meta.

Giving it to us by default changes nothing about the meta.

Just add a setting in the Gameplay settings where we can choose what we want to attract. Bingo. Bango. Boingo. :/

Edited by Sherbniz

I don't know what else to say. Everyone has been pretty clear on what we're asking for, why, and has listed the reasons it would be an improvement for the game. This is clearly an area where the players and the developers are not going to be able to agree. The players point of view is that vacuum is great for game flow so everyone should have it. DEs position is that vacuum is too good, and too many people are using it, so the solution is to ruin vacuum to force players to use other sentinels and companions.

Making vacuum 1/3 as useful, and making Carrier bad in the process is the exact solution that no one wanted or asked for. It's like that old conundrum where you have your wish granted by an evil genie who twists your request into the worst possible version. Ask for eternal life, you live forever trapped in a body with horrible, crippling diseases. Ask for a million dollars, the money is stolen from drug lords who are now trying to kill you. Ask for vacuum to be available to everyone and it gets nerfed to 1/3 of it's current state. Honestly this feels really passive aggressive, like the overkill nerfs to multiple Warframes after the Viver/Syndicate fiasco.

So please, please do us all a favor and just forget that we asked and leave Carrier and vacuum as they are instead of ruining them. It's better the way it is now than what you're proposing. I apologize for asking to have this ability added to Warframes. That was a mistake and I won't do it again, I promise. Let's pretend this never happened and just move on.

Edited by NovusNova
Edited Title

Simple solution no need to tie this to any companion or mod

35 minutes ago, Dragazer said:

Have a toggle in the arsenal for the Warframe to turn vacuum on or off and which items you want to pick up. There, now everyone is happy.

No need for this overly complicated 3 mods nonsense.

but leave it to DE for creating more problems when they try to fix a simple issue

but we know DE doesn't do simple or logical

Edited by Dragazer