Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DAKRA PRIME REWORK

(XBOX)f1stcmgetsum

The Dakra Prime is a prime weapon that is almost never used for the broken war is overall better in which it shouldn't be. The dakra prime should get a critical damage buff to 2.0x for a sentient  weapon is understandably extremely strong weapons. But there was no regular dakra it was just the dakra prime that came out. It doesnt matter if its a sentient weapon. The dakra prime is good but it should be better for its the only primed one handed sword. Please do this buff  for its my favorite sword and it should be fixed for that's unfair to one of the only primed one handed swords.

Edited by (XB1)f1stcmgetsum
complaints of wrong terms

dakra has milion times more fashion frame potential than broken war ever could. It's good enough reason to never look back ar broken-war for me.

And remove megathread tags from your threads before mods will have to do it for you. Those aren't meant to be attached by normal forum users.

7 minutes ago, (XB1)f1stcmgetsum said:

how is it the worst reason? If it's the worst then you give a reason

But we don't need to give a reason beyond the fact that it doesn't need an update? Just because one weapon is stronger doesn't mean another needs an update or a rework.

That's like saying we should rework the Lato because the Lex Prime is stronger.

Or rework the Boar Prime because Tigris is stronger.

Or rework the Paris Prime because Dread "is stronger" (they're on nearly equal ground when taking physical damage types into effect iirc)

7 minutes ago, (XB1)f1stcmgetsum said:

how is it the worst reason? If it's the worst then you give a reason

I mean... it's pretty self-explanatory. Saying that 'a regular weapon shouldn't be better than a Prime' is, quite frankly, stupid. The only weapon a Prime should ever be guaranteed to be stronger than is its own standard. The whole idea of Warframe is having oodles of choices on what you do with your loadout; if you make it so the Primes are always better than everything else, it would be ridiculous to run anything else.

1 minute ago, XRosenkreuz said:

I mean... it's pretty self-explanatory. Saying that 'a regular weapon shouldn't be better than a Prime' is, quite frankly, stupid. The only weapon a Prime should ever be guaranteed to be stronger than is its own standard. The whole idea of Warframe is having oodles of choices on what you do with your loadout; if you make it so the Primes are always better than everything else, it would be ridiculous to run anything else.

if this were any regular weapon i'd agree with you. But the Broken War is a free weapon you get for doing a quest. It isn't a weapon you had to farm or buy during a prime access.

Is it fair to make a free weapon a complete upgrade to a weapon you had to farm? Now if it had say a higher attack speed, lower crit chance then you could argue that one is better for different builds. Hell, if it was a different type of weapon entirely you could then justify it having better stats because it couldnt use crimson dervish. But no, it is a complete upgrade to a weapon to had to grind for and that really doesnt make any sense

I'm all for this, because dakra prime was the king of the hill at one time, until broken war came out. A free mastery rank 6 weapon beat the vaulted king of crimson dervish. It's a shame that such a Legendary weapon was bested by a sentient quest weapon. War at least was balanced by scindo prime (slash vs. Impact) and now even the galatine prime beats it out. Yet the broken war is a direct upgrade. I always thought there should be at least one sword that does more than 1.5x crit damage. Making Dakra Prime have a 2.5x crit damage would balance it out and make it pull ahead with shadow debt mods, taking it's rightful place only for those with the experience and equipment to do so.

Edited by (PS4)Crixus044

3 hours ago, Katinka said:

Broken War isn't a regular weapon, it's Sentient tech.  I think that gives it reason for being powerful.

Considering the sentients won the old war, their weapons should be stronger than primes, or at least on par to them.

Edited by Vesiga

6 hours ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

I always thought there should be at least one sword that does more than 1.5x crit damage.

There is.  Prisma Skana has 2x crit damage.  It doesn't have the base damage but access to Bright Purity goes some way to make up for that and makes it quite a practical weapon with it's periodic healing and radial Corrosive procs as you waltz invisibly through the enemy. (Naramon's passive Affinity boost on melee is quite handy for Syndicate modded melee weapons and you have to take that passive to get Shadow Step, which you'll want if you're caring about crits.)

4 hours ago, Kuestenjung said:

The Dakra P can still deal lots of damage and if it is your favourite sword then just use it.

If we compare the dps of the both sword you will see that broken war's dps is way better than the dakra p. A free mr3 S#&$ beating beautiful mr6 weapon which you need to farm for it, this is wrong.

8 hours ago, (XB1)f1stcmgetsum said:

The Dakra Prime is a prime weapon that is almost never used for the broken war is overall better in which it shouldn't be. The dakra prime should get a critical damage buff to 3.0x for a regular weapon shouldn't be better than a prime weapon like the dakra. Please do this rework for its my favorite sword and it should be fixed for that's unfair to one of the only primed one handed swords.

I like how it looks, thats enough for me to play it instead of war

Its pretty good anyways

Edited by mstriker

9 hours ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

I'm all for this, because dakra prime was the king of the hill at one time, until broken war came out. A free mastery rank 6 weapon beat the vaulted king of crimson dervish. It's a shame that such a Legendary weapon was bested by a sentient quest weapon. War at least was balanced by scindo prime (slash vs. Impact) and now even the galatine prime beats it out. Yet the broken war is a direct upgrade. I always thought there should be at least one sword that does more than 1.5x crit damage. Making Dakra Prime have a 2.5x crit damage would balance it out and make it pull ahead with shadow debt mods, taking it's rightful place only for those with the experience and equipment to do so.

See this guy understands that it shouldn't be beat by the broken war but their both really good but dakra prime should win in the long run.

5 hours ago, Rapiddragon said:

If we compare the dps of the both sword you will see that broken war's dps is way better than the dakra p. A free mr3 S#&$ beating beautiful mr6 weapon which you need to farm for it, this is wrong.

Comparing DPS is b**ls**t. The Dakra P has the same stats like it has when it was the hardest hitting weapon and it still performs more then good enough.

5 hours ago, Kuestenjung said:

Comparing DPS is b**ls**t. The Dakra P has the same stats like it has when it was the hardest hitting weapon and it still performs more then good enough.

The problem is huge power gap between them, Dakra P should perform better than broken war since it require more.

Edited by Rapiddragon
Words mixed up

if any melee needs a buff, it's those machetes. it really doesn't matter if Broken war does more damage, the Dakra Prime is still a top-tier sword. plus it has a lot more prestige to it, as it's a vaulted weapon and therefore a rarer sight.

let's get the Machetes a much needed buff and a new stance, along with all the other underused melee types (Sparring, Claws, and Dual Daggers also come to mind), then we can look at some other weapons.

On 9/17/2016 at 4:17 PM, Katinka said:

There is.  Prisma Skana has 2x crit damage.  It doesn't have the base damage but access to Bright Purity goes some way to make up for that and makes it quite a practical weapon with it's periodic healing and radial Corrosive procs as you waltz invisibly through the enemy. (Naramon's passive Affinity boost on melee is quite handy for Syndicate modded melee weapons and you have to take that passive to get Shadow Step, which you'll want if you're caring about crits.)

Lol I forgot about it since I deleted it. Thanks for reminding me.