Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nitain Extract was a bad idea

(XBOX)Paladin Kenobi

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Bortis Badtouch said:

you people, it does NOT  make the game harder, it makes it  VERY annoying, your the cancer cell this game does not need

That was rude, and very uncalled for.

I did not call you a name. Be mature. Not childish.

So it's annoying you? Don't farm it. But 90% of us enjoy the time it takes. Makes the game last a little bit longer IMO.

Didn't you also complain about the wait time for building Warframes?

*Does a quick search*

Yep... you did. So, in other words, the OP doesn't like waiting for anything. He wants his Warframe NOW! He wants his Nitain NOW!

Maybe this isn't the game for you OP. Because you will need more patience than you have displayed if you want to get anywhere with Warframe.

11 minutes ago, (XB1)Bortis Badtouch said:

you people, it does NOT  make the game harder, it makes it  VERY annoying, your the cancer cell this game does not need

Jesus mate. Take a chill pill, we don't need- whatever it is your problem is, on the forums.

18 minutes ago, Sloan441 said:

Play alerts, get nitain.

Do it often enough and you...wait for it...build up a stash and then you have nitain on demand. Who knew?

Not seeing a problem.

Nitain extract alerts may not be available for anyone who plays at an unusual time. People have real life business, after all.

Still, they're quite easy to gather and accumulate, unless there's something that requires large amount of nitain extracts to build - Vauban Prime being the prime example.

:p

Edited by Beggining
Wow, how did I not notice that error

If you see a nitain alert is up, do it.  I do nitain every time it comes up and I don't even see them every day.  I play pretty casually and still have managed to get a hoard of all resources, rank 5 with all syndicates minus New Loka, a regular rotation of forma and pizzas being made (so I can carry upwards of 100) every time.  It's not about playing 24/7, but playing smart.  

54 minutes ago, Beggining said:

Nitain extract alerts may not be available for anyone who plays at an unusual time. People have real life business, after all.

Still, they're quite easy to gather and accumulate, unless there's something that requires large amount of nitain extracts to build - Vauban Prime being the prime example.

:p

If you play any amount of time, you're going to see nitain. It's just a matter of how much. I don't really play that much and mostly very late at night, but have a stockpile around 70ish because I make sure I hit the ones I do see.

VaubonP was annoying, but it the nitain was the least of it. The very low drop rates were bad (bad enough I waited for relics to finish him) and the worst was by far the oxium requirements. I didn't expect him to be easy to get and he certainly wasn't. However, he's an outlier in this regard.

5 minutes ago, Sloan441 said:

If you play any amount of time, you're going to see nitain. It's just a matter of how much. I don't really play that much and mostly very late at night, but have a stockpile around 70ish because I make sure I hit the ones I do see.

I agree with you; I have around 20 nitain extracts playing casually, and I avoid those alerts because they are usually defense missions.

7 minutes ago, Sloan441 said:

VaubonP was annoying, but it the nitain was the least of it. The very low drop rates were bad (bad enough I waited for relics to finish him) and the worst was by far the oxium requirements. I didn't expect him to be easy to get and he certainly wasn't. However, he's an outlier in this regard.

True, he has a lot of controversy regarding his materials - the oxium issue in particular - but people can at least farm them (I know some are very dedicated and lucky enough to gather all his parts). With nitain extract, you would have to wait, and you can't do anything about it.

Essentially, most people are bothered because they are impatient against this time-gated material, much like how people dislike scanning time-gated Earth plants.

18 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

You people need to check on wiki.

Nit drops from caches in sabotage missions. Its supe rare but if you really want it fast this is what you are going to have to do.

Yup it's fairly common with multiple missions a day that are garenteed and run longer than normal alerts.

I've even gotten a few from sabotage missions, and playing casually I have about 90 in stockpile after make all the weapons and frames, plus doing the research for them in my old ghost clan.

I just make sure to never pass up an alert for them.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I have over 40 Nitain currently, so its not a problem anymore, just a minor inconvenience. DE have started toning down resource requirements again (thank god), but it is ironic how it was introduced in the same week they mentioned "reducing the grind".

DE always says they want to reduce the grind. But reality sets in and without the grind the game would have been long dead.

Every game has grinding except fighting games (Well even some do for unlocks) because otherwise there would be no progression, no sense of achievement, just walking through the game as if it was a story.

I can only hope they change this.

Back when Zephyr was released you would need a ton of oxium for crafting her. Oxium ospreys used to drop 2-4 oxium back then. They changed this too.

So my guess is that when releasing a new frame/weapon they make this huge grindwalls to get as many players as possible to buy the frame/ wepaon instead of farming it. But when the weapon /frame is getting older, and not so many players are interested in it anymorem they make it easier for one to get em.

I play very little and work odd hours, yet ive instantly built any item released requiring nitain that I actually wanted. I havent a big stockpile, and im not bothered about my lack of one either. Getting 10 feildron for my staticor was much more of a pain, but only because I hadnt been running invasions or crafting any for a good while.

If you play very little but do the alerts for nitain when you do happen to see one, it will take you that long to get the vauban parts from the void anyway(which there is hardly a rush for either).

I wont criticise impatience as we are all guilty of it, and you cant help what you dont enjoy. Personally, im happy with all the recent requirements, if anything im building stuff a little too quick, as I usually have everything already, which leaves me with nothing to do but forma stuff and play for prime parts( which are much more fun to farm now for me).

I do hope you find a way to be happier, you sound very frustrated.

22 hours ago, (XB1)Paladin Kenobi said:

This resource IMO was a terrible idea, mostly adds to the grind scheme. A resource that cant be obtained regularly and only through alerts is just dumb and unfair and especially when it comes to Vauban Prime where 20 of them are required, which needs to be  changed. What do you guys think. Oh yeah and apparently you can get them in caches but there really really rare and if you do somehow manage to get it, you just get one -_- LOL !

It may seem like it sucks at first but Warframe is a game meant to be enjoyed over time. Some items you can grind for straight away to your hearts content where the only limitation is the time you have to offer where as other things, such as Vauban Prime, require a slow grind over time where the reward is so much sweeter for the effort. It's easier to accept when you realize that you'll reach your goal not in a day but, rather, a month or maybe more. You'll get Vauban Prime one day. Warframe is not so much a game of grind but of patience and perseverance.

I've currently got 15 nitain, I know at least 1 of my items in foundry needs 5 nitain and iirc vauban prime needs 20 if I was to get all the parts.  While I can get on quite often to do alerts I do wish the alerts would 'stack' and last for longer periods of time

this and tellurium should be clan tech and a resource sink.. you would still have your alerts or build in the labs, either way the time sink would be the same with the lab costing credits and resources..  there is no justification to have it the way it is now when the devs are touting "fast paced" game << redundant!