The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sapping Osprey ... The problem and how to fix it.

main_antagonist

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Sapping_Osprey

Sapping Ospreys have a tendency to attack directly, similar to the Mine Osprey, and launch energy orbs that form a blue, spherical field dealing average damage over time.

The problem is sometimes depending on lag or just the game bugging out on you you're unable to shoot these orbs and considering the massive damage these can put out and their range it's a huge damn problem.

The fix,

Change this to an AOE same size and all that so that when you kill the Osprey it dies problem solved, alternatively on death they drop 1 energy orb which functions how they currently do in game ...  1 orb = less crap to shoot that could bug out and not be destroyed and the AOE gives you one target that will actually destroy when you shoot the damn thing.

8 minutes ago, ariivanasan said:

they need nerf- damage only for shelds not for hp

5 minutes ago, at35z said:

Or something like this.

Seriously, they can spam this like crazy and it's absolutely not fun to deal with.

Mag players will get rekt lol the problem is their projectile is prone to bugging out and you have to wait for it to expire but during that time it can lay down another 2 or 3 and it's just the same problem over and over

19 minutes ago, main_antagonist said:

Mag players will get rekt lol the problem is their projectile is prone to bugging out and you have to wait for it to expire but during that time it can lay down another 2 or 3 and it's just the same problem over and over

The orbs aren't that difficult to shoot (because if you can't hit them in the air, you can hit them on the ground) and if necessary you can find a non-sapped spot to shoot it without getting a pulse. If you make them all disappear when the drone dies that makes the drone far too easy to counter. Making it shield-only damage is a good idea, but their main problem is how often they launch these orbs. One or two per drone would be perfect. Removing the part where it floats in the air and making it prime on the ground would also solve your problem.

30 minutes ago, ariivanasan said:

they need nerf- damage only for shelds not for hp

I like this.

If they released the Leech and Sapping Ospreys in pairs, with the radial mines from the sappers only able to affect shields and the leeches only draining health once the shields were down, then they would both be easier to deal with.

Not that the Leech Ospreys are hard to deal with now, but seeing as leeches imbibe blood to survive, it would make more sense if they drained health rather than shields. And with both of them working in tandem, then it would be a slightly more deadly, yet easier to deal with combination of enemies and abilities. Seems like a fair shake for everyone involved to me.

Id say first  if 2 or more in the same field of each other one they merge together only dealing damage from 1 source (maybe like a 10% damage boost or something) and then reduce the damage they do to health, if any at all. 

One time i ran a moon spy by myself, turned a corner and ran into one who had somehow dropped like 20 and i died instantly. 

Edited by (PS4)Agent_Raiken

Here's how to fix the visual and combat pollution of Sapping Ospreys.

Each Sapping Osprey can only have 1 sapper mine active at a time.  Destroying the existing mine will allow them to drop a new one.

Sapping Ospreys are spawned at a rate similar to Oxium Ospreys.

When the Sapping Osprey dies, all Sapper Projectiles immediately burn out.

Area denial is an interesting concept, but they should not be able to come in packs of 3-4 and blanket the battlefield with no recourse except to run away or take heavy damage in order to kill the orb and the ones who launched it.

Seriously, put an end to this:

Corpus-Induced Eye Strain

Edited by Arkvold

If I was to balance out the Sapping Ospreys, I would change the way their mines work. Instead of a pulse, it would create a beam to the player and slow their movement speed while doing half the level of the Osprey per second as damage. This would make them dangerous at high levels still, but not an instant kill like they are now in Sorties. It would also change them from an Offensive area control type to a Supportive area control type. The actual damage per second could be modified by DE, but it would still be better than the instant kills that happen to Tenno because they turned the corner into one of these mines.

• 4 weeks later...

Just realised I haven't actively played against Corpus in about a fortnight unless I was forced to in order to get the Sortie rewards ... XD I've realised to cope with how annoying the sapping ospreys are right now I'm pretending that the corpus isn't even a faction to go up against hahah. Scrambus, Nullifiers, Sapping Ospreys ... NOPE! haha

6 hours ago, main_antagonist said:

Just realised I haven't actively played against Corpus in about a fortnight unless I was forced to in order to get the Sortie rewards ... XD I've realised to cope with how annoying the sapping ospreys are right now I'm pretending that the corpus isn't even a faction to go up against hahah. Scrambus, Nullifiers, Sapping Ospreys ... NOPE! haha

I'm cool with Scrambus, Comba, Bursas etc. I just can't stand the Nullifiers and Sapping Ospreys. And both have easy solutions:

-Make the bubble no longer shrink, instead take damage until it pops, that way Snipers and Bows won't be 100% useless vs them. Also make them weak vs Magnetic, Electricity and Blast.

-Make the orbs die when the parent unit dies, to compensate for this increase EHP (and size) of the Sapping Osprey (they are tiniy and their ehp is rubbish)

On 09/21/2016 at 4:41 PM, hazerddex said:

^^^ right now they are my lest favorite corpus unit they basically turn the floor into lava or a pit from mario or sonic late game 

They do not make floor into lava as jumping over then will net you the entirety of their damage. I don't know if it's a dome or a cone.

I agree worth the following changes

1) limit each osprey to 1 - 2 mines.

2) the mine needs a better visual of its hit-box. Show the full dome or cone, not just a misleading circle on the ground.

3) reduce their spawn numbers so there aren't 10 of them littering the floor. I'm tired of aoe weapons being the answer to everything in this game.

4) make the mine slightly bigger and less buggy so we can destroy it as soon as we see it.

8 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

I'm cool with Scrambus, Comba, Bursas etc. I just can't stand the Nullifiers and Sapping Ospreys. And both have easy solutions:

-Make the bubble no longer shrink, instead take damage until it pops, that way Snipers and Bows won't be 100% useless vs them. Also make them weak vs Magnetic, Electricity and Blast.

-Make the orbs die when the parent unit dies, to compensate for this increase EHP (and size) of the Sapping Osprey (they are tiniy and their ehp is rubbish)

im fine with nulifiers just go in kill them and keep going no problem at all its just sapping ospreys i hate

Edited by hazerddex