Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Music Frame[dev 82]

(XBOX)EternalDrk Mako

I kinda hope that this is the path they take towards "gender swapped" frames.

Banshee the female sound frame, xx the male music frame. Similar themes but different takes on them with new abilities, kinda how they said they might approach it in the past.

Like I could see them going for a Lava frame to compliment Ember kinda thing.

13 minutes ago, TunaMayo said:

I kinda hope that this is the path they take towards "gender swapped" frames.

Banshee the female sound frame, xx the male music frame. Similar themes but different takes on them with new abilities, kinda how they said they might approach it in the past.

Like I could see them going for a Lava frame to compliment Ember kinda thing.

This frame is female.

Nezha works as a genderbent Ember.

So next warframe after this one, is a male Dancer-frame I take it?

It will be real interesting to see how the powers manifest,  especially when playing the game Muted.

And is that violins on the back of the arms or some sort of blowing-instrument? 

1 hour ago, arch111 said:

So next warframe after this one, is a male Dancer-frame I take it?

It will be real interesting to see how the powers manifest,  especially when playing the game Muted.

actually...its a female

15 minutes ago, Toppien said:

actually...its a female

No no. After  this warframe. I know its female. 

I am just surprised by the Theme and would just as much have a Dancer - I see great potential in the theme. And a Dancer to go with the musician would just be real nice :)

1 hour ago, LordOfScrugging said:

IMO, alot of the female frames get the more interesting themes/skill sets. If this one has some decent bulk and utility, i might use her.....I just hope they fix her legs. only thing putting me off about her.

it may be shaped that way to reflect some instruments now that i think about it , kinda reminbd me of some wind based isntruments with curves or ograns 

it wont bother me persoanlly...

but the better kits is why i tend to be on the fem frames more often myself o. o

3 hours ago, arch111 said:

not sure some ideas come to mind, music is vibrations that we find pleasent , so i assume its some sort of vibration instrument. like the devils violen-> which is a glass system the resonates a errie song. could be similiar to the modern violen i saw a while back though ...

Spoiler

Image result for curved music instrumentsImage result for weird string music instrumentsImage result for weird string music instruments

7 hours ago, Rogue_Striker said:

Anyone know offhand how long it takes until the frame is revealed after concepts are shown. Trust me I'm patient but I'm interested....maybe she will drop from a boss battle in TWW?

found this on the same Twitter page:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Hydroxate/status/779989281079173120/photo/1

Should be sometime November or December...

I'm honestly against it being female, Not because of the pattern, not because don't want more female frames, but for the simple fact that it could have been the opposite equal to Banshee. Titania is the opposite equal to Oberon, I would have liked for Banshee and this frame to have a similar relationship.

well that's upsetting if it's female, not only could it be a try at a male equivalent of our already beloved banshee but it'd also have been the most interesting male design i've seen come from de in over a year. 

does this mean they are ditching the gender order too? 

As a music-tech major, heavily involved with pretty much anything relating to sound and/or music, this makes me a happy burb<3

And female too? Sweet! Looking at the rough picture and (from the two perspectives we have to work with) judging from the proportions+overall silhouette I previously thought it was going to be female anyway, so it's nice to have that confirmed (:

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

2 hours ago, Ghostars said:

Titania is the opposite equal to Oberon

Not really. Not at all, actually. 

There is NOTHING remotely related in their kits. 

Or their themes, for that matter.

There's not a damn thing linking the two whatsoever, except for your special headcannon. In fact, if she were named something else, people would act entirely differently about it. The only thing that COULD relate them is the fact that the names appear in a popular play as husband and wife. 

I 100% expect that's how the music frame is going to be. Nothing related in the slightest, no ability or part of their themes correlating to one-another. 

Stop measuring her against Banshee when they are almost certainly going to be entirely different.

Edited by TrickshotMcGee
spelling

On 9/25/2016 at 4:11 AM, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

Sneak peak of the next warframe{ Courtesy of hydroxate }

Frame is Confirmed  to be female , per rebeca AMA discusion on discord 

AMA link for confirmation of gender

(#bansheesbabysis?)

Cool.

First power:  play some classic symphonies and make the enemies fall asleep

Second Power: play some pop/Dance music, so enemies would dance and stop fighting so u can kill them easily

Third Power: Play some Jazz and make them sick to death

Fourth power: play heavy metal and make the enemies run away

Passive power: You have static radio that disrupt their shield

Can't wait to have that frame :XD

2 hours ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

Not really. Not at all, actually. 

There is NOTHING remotely related in their kits. 

Or their themes, for that matter.

There's not a damn thing linking the two whatsoever, except for your special headcannon. In fact, if she were named something else, people would act entirely differently about it. The only thing that COULD relate them is the fact that the names appear in a popular play as husband and wife. 

I 100% expect that's how the music frame is going to be. Nothing related in the slightest, no ability or part of their themes correlating to one-another. 

Stop measuring her against Banshee when they are almost certainly going to be entirely different.

thematically they are both nature frames with ties to the fey/fairies, otherwise you are correct about their kits and them playing nothing alike. 

i believe people are just seeing in broad strokes since it doesn't seem all that likely de would give us anything more, people have been wondering about thematic frame counterparts for ages, and as much as de likes to vaguely remark on the notion it's hardly ever actually brought into practice, which leaves people overly eager for when the opportunity does arise. can't blame them either since de isn't really the best at diversifying the gender pool. 

all that said it is still odd that they went and made the frame female even though people are clearly for counterpart options, even in the vaguest of senses, and we are also into the male rotation for frames. they aren't only ignoring something the communities wants, but actively going out of their way to do so. 

Edited by Cubewano