Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Vacuum Within: Hotfix #2

[DE]Megan

2 minutes ago, Flowen231 said:

Back to square 1 since carrier prime is still the only sentinel that doesn't die instantly on high level content. Was vacuum as a warframe passive too much to ask for without the irrational range nerf too much to ask for?

Honestly, this is what I wanted so bad. I fail to see the reason they wouldn't do this. Now animal companions still have the same issue before the vacuum changes and we need to give up a mod slot on our sentinel companions. Remove Guardian, our squishy frames lose survivability . Remove Regen, our sentinel loses survivability. Every sentinels has at least one precept that NEEDS to be kept on. Medi-Ray is amazingly useful. I guess I'll just remove the attack precept and use them for utility exclusively 

Meanwhile, my Kavats and Kubrows will remain in the freezer, because I usually end up never use them due to the lack of vacuum. I love my animals, but no matter how much I try to use them, I slowly revert to using vacuum and just waste DNA Stabilizers.

1 minute ago, PotatoPrincess said:

1bw9fz.jpg

Charm that was out for a few days, and clearly broken in function (MASSIVE boosts way past advertised).

-vs-

Vacuum, that's acted the same for years and been an amazing quality of life improver, and way to get around glitched loot drops.

entirely the same I know.

1 minute ago, ------ArtOfViolence----- said:

I love this change, but it broke a few builds.  What about as a comprosmise: 6m innate vacuum on all sentinels (and pets), and 12m with the vacuum mod as a precept?

I don't see how having vacuum on a kubrow or kavat will help you, when kavats frequently run around whereever the heck they please.  I've seen kavats go down 3 tiles away from their owners.  Why not put the vacuum on frames themselves, and shrink the range to 5m.  You won't feel like you're trying to stomp on a swarm of roaches, but you also won't feel like gravity is conspiring against you in some novel way...

Man, it's always funny having people heap praises on things while completely ignoring all the other problems. I have loads of respect for those here that thank the developers while keeping things in perspective.

Yes, while this is a nice change, it's still a step backwards to what people could really use. There should be no 'default' mods. If there are mods that are basically required for things to be useful, then that lowers the amount of overall mod slots. It's bad enough that augment mods for frames aren't considered exilus mods that can be used in the one extra slot we're given, but they already know we all want universal vacuum. They know. It's the number one subreddit. Making it a mod is just annoying, since it takes away a mod slot. Honestly, they had the right idea in making it a passive ability, because that's what it should be. It's crazy that this has gotten so much debate.

Make it passive then go back to making the new content please. Wasn't War Within supposed to be out months ago?

A step in the right direction.  Keep going, though.  I don't have enough mod space to include enough tankiness and utility to work this in to the sentinels I'd want this the most on, and this doesn't seem like a solution that'd port over to companions well.

Adding an "aura" slot to pets, removing the need for attack mods, making Vacuum innate 12m, whatever you do, just do a little extra something, please.

1 minute ago, DarkOvion said:

Charm that was out for a few days, and clearly broken in function (MASSIVE boosts way past advertised).

-vs-

Vacuum, that's acted the same for years and been an amazing quality of life improver, and way to get around glitched loot drops.

entirely the same I know.

What I meant was the community's reaction to it, not the function of the mods. See, people overreacted a lot about this... The point is that the DE team listens to us and we should be happy about it; not complain all the time ;/ They did say they were experimenting, so ppl should have kept calm

2 minutes ago, BlueTunicLink said:

Regarding that kubrow/kavats were metioned to us that they'll have the same ability. I would likely think the chesa mod would be change for companions and given and ammo mod similar to the carrier's ammo mod. Anyone got the same theory as i do?

Honestly, I'd like to see it 'search corpses'.

Similar to Despoil / Pilfering Swarm / etc.

Will go to bodies, 40% chance of a roll on the enemies loot table.

Would be a fun way for it to still 'find you loot'

19 minutes ago, Flowen231 said:

Back to square 1 since carrier prime is still the only sentinel that doesn't die instantly on high level content. Was vacuum as a warframe passive too much to ask for without the irrational range nerf?

The only 'high level content' it would matter in is post-sortie.

And unless you're explicitly looking to spend 2 hours in a survival / defence for a giggle, there's nothing high enough to need it anymore.

Some event stuff maybe, otherwise - the games 'top end' is generally 30-60, with some sortie based bits up to 100.

6 minutes ago, PotatoPrincess said:

1bw9fz.jpg

making an 2014 stale meme warframe based 1/10 

charm wasn't working as planned/promised so changing it was the right thing to do. 

making a thing that was working well for ages and as planned/intended  complete rubbish was not the right thing to do. 

2 minutes ago, Sibericus said:

I would've personally liked it if the 6 meter passive was left in, and the 12 meters was kept as the mod.  I liked not having to use a mod, and the nerf to range was a fair tradeoff. 

yeah, putting the passive on frames would also alleviate some of the companion vs sentinel imbalance as well.  you could make the pick range short enough to be tactfully useful still while a sentinel mod could amp the range as desired.